First Game at Boy's Stadium... - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
2-7 and still a fan!
 
BOOSTED32V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: In a place that has become a ghost town...
Posts: 16,954
Thumbs up First Game at Boy's Stadium...

Well I must give props where props are due, J.J. has gone above and beyond my expectations for an NFL football stadium. As a long time fan of the Boy's and having been to many games and other events at Texas Stadium nothing prepared me for the game on Sat. night at the new venue, not even my 2+ hour tour of the place last year.
For one, parking was a breeze in and out, I wish I could complain but other than having to pay a premium but if you have been to the old place, I'd rather pay for a new parking lot that is lighted and has numbered spaces/ lots.
Two, words simply cannot describe the electric atmosphere of so many people in a domed stadium, the only other place would have been the first NASCAR event at TMS and my last, it's like horse racing, better to watch from home. I don't know how the fans were during the season but Sat. night it was louder than anywhere I have been and that includes sitting right next to the amps to see Pantera back in the day at the Basement.
This was by far the most fun I have ever had and I've had lot's of fun on this planet, the only way I can describe is its like a three ring circus, so much to see and not enough time, fine ass girls dancing on elevated stages, giant HD screen showing girls and the cheerleaders, the Boy's beating the hated division rival Eagles, yes I will be back and I will pay, because it is true, you get what you pay for and this place did not dissapoint...'H'
BOOSTED32V is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Vikings are next!
 
4.6 Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Little Mexico
Posts: 8,501
Thumbs up

Yep, that place is amazing...I was there sat. as well.....

02 GT
X-pipe and flows

4.6 Love is offline  
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 10:42 AM
is chilaxing
 
Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,760
I here that a lot about the stadium. I need to go check it out one of these days.
Rafa is offline  
 
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 10:54 AM
LUCIFER
 
bjtheman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Aubrey
Posts: 5,462
My wife & her mom went to the previous Eagles game there, was their first game at the new stadium. We found a shuttle service parking pass on ebay for like $30. They parked at some car lot and then they were shuttled to/from the game. They really liked it and said it was really organized well. They had tickets in the 300 Section I believe, they said the seats had suprising great views. Other than the $5/bottle of water they really enjoyed it

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED


bjtheman1 is offline  
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
2-7 and still a fan!
 
BOOSTED32V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: In a place that has become a ghost town...
Posts: 16,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
I here that a lot about the stadium. I need to go check it out one of these days.
If Arizona and the Boy's both win this weekend, you guys will have your chance, because I will be back and I will pay whatever J.J. wants.
That place is like crack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexchick View Post
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
BOOSTED32V is offline  
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 10:57 AM
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS
 
milk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: OC BITCH!!
Posts: 6,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V View Post
If Arizona and the Boy's both win this weekend, you guys will have your chance, because I will be back and I will pay whatever J.J. wants.
That place is like crack!

Invita puto!
milk is offline  
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
2-7 and still a fan!
 
BOOSTED32V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: In a place that has become a ghost town...
Posts: 16,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtheman1 View Post
My wife & her mom went to the previous Eagles game there, was their first game at the new stadium. We found a shuttle service parking pass on ebay for like $30. They parked at some car lot and then they were shuttled to/from the game. They really liked it and said it was really organized well. They had tickets in the 300 Section I believe, they said the seats had suprising great views. Other than the $5/bottle of water they really enjoyed it
The Miller Lite girls were giving away free bottled water if you were not drinking, so I got hooked up, well I did buy two soft drinks @ 6.00 a pop, but I recieved two souviner (sp?) cups to bring home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexchick View Post
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
BOOSTED32V is offline  
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 11:01 AM
is chilaxing
 
Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V View Post
If Arizona and the Boy's both win this weekend, you guys will have your chance, because I will be back and I will pay whatever J.J. wants.
That place is like crack!
Damn.....what else would you give J.Jones.
Rafa is offline  
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Eagles>Cowboys
 
mikecobra95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Third Eye
Posts: 3,405
I'll jsut go ahead and say before my comment, the Eagles got beat down.

I'd sure like to have Sean Jones hold on to that INT early, and of course not turn it over 4 fucking times. But oh well, season over. Boys move on

Being from Philly it was hard to really think I'd like that Stadium, but it is very nice that's for sure. The only point I disagree on is the loudness of the stadium. I have seen 3 games there now, 1 preseason and both Eagles games. Not once did I think to myself.... "WOW it's loud in here" I mean it gets loud to a point, but not near anything like other stadiums. I think the sheer hugeness of this stadium really takes away from the ability to create a ton of noise. I sat in section 241 and the view was phenominal, great, great seats.

I've seen games at the Vet, Lincoln Financial Field, Soldier Field, NO Superdome, Meadowlands, Fed Ex field in washington.

All of those stadiums get louder than Jerry World. I couldn't believe it when I was there, it gets loud, but seriously, I think the size of it being so damn big really limits how loud it seems in there.....

mikecobra95 is offline  
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 11:07 AM
is chilaxing
 
Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,760
Do the still have that damn Miller monopoly. Can't stand Miller
Rafa is offline  
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 11:10 AM
Eagles>Cowboys
 
mikecobra95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Third Eye
Posts: 3,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
Do the still have that damn Miller monopoly. Can't stand Miller
If I'm drinking light beer that's my choice, so that's one thing I like there, lol. they did jack the beer up $.50 for the playoff game, bastards......

mikecobra95 is offline  
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Lifer
 
46Tbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 33,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecobra95 View Post
I'll jsut go ahead and say before my comment, the Eagles got beat down.

I'd sure like to have Sean Jones hold on to that INT early, and of course not turn it over 4 fucking times. But oh well, season over. Boys move on
It took you til noon on Tuesday to post again in this forum? I'm sure you were too busy with work, real life, etc. to get on here and take your ration of shit.
46Tbird is offline  
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
2-7 and still a fan!
 
BOOSTED32V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: In a place that has become a ghost town...
Posts: 16,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
It took you til noon on Tuesday to post again in this forum? I'm sure you were too busy with work, real life, etc. to get on here and take your ration of shit.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexchick View Post
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
BOOSTED32V is offline  
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Eagles>Cowboys
 
mikecobra95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Third Eye
Posts: 3,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
It took you til noon on Tuesday to post again in this forum? I'm sure you were too busy with work, real life, etc. to get on here and take your ration of shit.
You are sadly mistakent o think you guys are on my list of people to take shit from,. I got it at the game, and pretty much every second since then from everyone I know.

And for the record my womans grandfather passed away and his funeral was yesterday, lol.

BUt bring it on, Boys fans have every right to give me shit right now.....

Still love my Birds bro, that'll never change. Fucking Jones INT and 4 damn turnovers...... pathetic showing......

mikecobra95 is offline  
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Lifer
 
46Tbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 33,187
Just busting your balls man. Maybe next year. Sorry to hear that about your girl's grandfather.
46Tbird is offline  
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecobra95 View Post
You are sadly mistakent o think you guys are on my list of people to take shit from,. I got it at the game, and pretty much every second since then from everyone I know.

And for the record my womans grandfather passed away and his funeral was yesterday, lol.

BUt bring it on, Boys fans have every right to give me shit right now.....

Still love my Birds bro, that'll never change. Fucking Jones INT and 4 damn turnovers...... pathetic showing......
Do you think they need to dump McNabb? I think it's been long enough for him.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 08:30 AM
Eagles>Cowboys
 
mikecobra95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Third Eye
Posts: 3,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Do you think they need to dump McNabb? I think it's been long enough for him.
Not one part of me thinks McNabb needs to go. Over the past 10 years only 2 QB's ahve won more games than him, Brady and Manning. I'll take that any day of the week. His earlier years he had NO ONE on his WR core. He got TO and Westbrook developed and he lit it up. He won tons of games with Thrash and Todd Pinkston as the WR's, lol. The team also had a GREAT defense in those years.

This year just to name a few players hurt on the Eagles....

Stating MLB Bradley out for year with ACL tear
Stacy and Shawn Andrews on the OL out all year
Ellis Hobbs, CB missed half the year
Westbrook missed basically the whole year
Herremans OL missed half the season
Jordan LB missed half the year
McNabb missed 2 games
Curtis WR missed the whole year

This team did well with what they had I believe. Disappointing finish to the season but they did what they could. With this youtht hey have on offense, tehy need an established Veteran QB back there to lead them. Throwing Kolb in there now is sacrificing a few years this team could win with their talented youth.

Jackson going on 3rd year, Maclin going on 2nd, McCoy going on 2nd, Celek going on 3rd.

Taht's a talented group at offense, they need McNabb, but more importantly they need to fix their defense and OL.

mikecobra95 is offline  
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 11:42 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecobra95 View Post
Not one part of me thinks McNabb needs to go. Over the past 10 years only 2 QB's ahve won more games than him, Brady and Manning. I'll take that any day of the week.
I'm going to have to disagree with you there. I think it's time they move in a new direction with the QB. Whether it's keep Vick, or move on with Kolb, I think it's time. They have two very young receivers. The more time those receivers get with Kolb or Vick, the better. Let them build their trust, their rhythym, etc. Otherwise, they'll likely suffer a setback (could be big or small), when they do move on with a new QB. Why not go ahead and let them get their reps in now?


Donovan does have a great win record, but he's never won the big one. Just let it go and move on already. I think it's time, personally.
bcoop is offline  
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Eagles>Cowboys
 
mikecobra95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Third Eye
Posts: 3,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
I'm going to have to disagree with you there. I think it's time they move in a new direction with the QB. Whether it's keep Vick, or move on with Kolb, I think it's time. They have two very young receivers. The more time those receivers get with Kolb or Vick, the better. Let them build their trust, their rhythym, etc. Otherwise, they'll likely suffer a setback (could be big or small), when they do move on with a new QB. Why not go ahead and let them get their reps in now?


Donovan does have a great win record, but he's never won the big one. Just let it go and move on already. I think it's time, personally.
Just because the season ended the way it did doesn't mean it's McNabb's fault. This Eagles team set a FRANCHISE record for points scored this year. The team was dessimated with injuries and still managed 11 wins, and during their 6 game win streak McNabb lead 3 4th quarter drives to win the games.

The week before the Boys games, Eagles starting Center went down with an ACL tear. It caused a huge shakeup in the line right before the Dallas games. A line already down 2 starters. No matter how good your backups are, that is very tough to overcome, especially against a team with a pass rush like Dallas.

I understand football is a TEAM game. It takes 53 men with a great coaching staff to win year in and year out. the Eagles o line stunk it up at the end and their Defense was TERRIBLE. No matter who the hell you put under center in those games, the eagels were not going to win. Did they miss chances, hell yes they did, but is that all McNabb's fault, hell no. Peyton Manning under center has no chance if he's getting hit and rushed all game long and his receivers can't catch passes thrown to them.

Not to mention teh Eagles lost their HOF D coordinator prior to the season starting. RIP JJ.

This team needs to fix their Guys in the trenches and get healthy, their report of guys on IR this year is ridiculous.

QB is not an interchangeable position in the NFL. You can't have a top QB go down and expect the team to keep on trucking successfully. Granted I don't like Romo at all, but if he went down so would the Boys chances realistically.

I love the Eagles, and know this offseason McNabb may be gone. At least 6 other teams are already expressing interest in trying to get him. If that happens the Eagles young talent will not grow with Kevin Kolb in there. The Eagles FO usually does the right thing, usually. I have faith they will again this time around.

mikecobra95 is offline  
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecobra95 View Post
Just because the season ended the way it did doesn't mean it's McNabb's fault. This Eagles team set a FRANCHISE record for points scored this year. The team was dessimated with injuries and still managed 11 wins, and during their 6 game win streak McNabb lead 3 4th quarter drives to win the games.

The week before the Boys games, Eagles starting Center went down with an ACL tear. It caused a huge shakeup in the line right before the Dallas games. A line already down 2 starters. No matter how good your backups are, that is very tough to overcome, especially against a team with a pass rush like Dallas.

I understand football is a TEAM game. It takes 53 men with a great coaching staff to win year in and year out. the Eagles o line stunk it up at the end and their Defense was TERRIBLE. No matter who the hell you put under center in those games, the eagels were not going to win. Did they miss chances, hell yes they did, but is that all McNabb's fault, hell no. Peyton Manning under center has no chance if he's getting hit and rushed all game long and his receivers can't catch passes thrown to them.

Not to mention teh Eagles lost their HOF D coordinator prior to the season starting. RIP JJ.

This team needs to fix their Guys in the trenches and get healthy, their report of guys on IR this year is ridiculous.

QB is not an interchangeable position in the NFL. You can't have a top QB go down and expect the team to keep on trucking successfully. Granted I don't like Romo at all, but if he went down so would the Boys chances realistically.

I love the Eagles, and know this offseason McNabb may be gone. At least 6 other teams are already expressing interest in trying to get him. If that happens the Eagles young talent will not grow with Kevin Kolb in there. The Eagles FO usually does the right thing, usually. I have faith they will again this time around.

I didn't mean to imply that any of this was McNabb's fault. That's not what I was trying to say. In fact, I think the they can place a large majority of this season's failures on their decision to not resign Dawkins. The D looked horrible. A lot like Pittsburgh's D looked when Polamalu went down. You can say what you want about injuries, the center going down, etc. On the flip side of that, Cowboys started Columbo in the playoff game who hadn't played in like 8 weeks. The final game of the year, they had Free (who is a backup) starting. Arguments can be made for a lot of that, but I think it ultimately comes down to Dawkins. Well, I'll add Westbrook in there. That was a huge blow. He's old too, and they should cut him before next season.

I just think because the offense is so young, that they should grow together. It's not like they have the opportunity to come back and go to the SB next year (in which case I could see wanting to keep him). They've got some big holes to fill before that can become a realistic possibility, at least in my eyes.
bcoop is offline  
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Lifer
 
46Tbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 33,187
I think it's probably time for McNabb to spend the twilight of his career freelancing for B-teams. That's not necessarily a bad thing; it has worked well for Warner and Favruh. But the Eagles need fresh talent at QB if they want to stay in the top tier of teams. You got to watch the Cowboys struggle getting a young QB up to shape, but now they have a tool to use for the future. Eagles (I think) will follow suit.

I like McNabb...
46Tbird is offline  
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 12:59 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
I think it's probably time for McNabb to spend the twilight of his career freelancing for B-teams. That's not necessarily a bad thing; it has worked well for Warner and Favruh. But the Eagles need fresh talent at QB if they want to stay in the top tier of teams. You got to watch the Cowboys struggle getting a young QB up to shape, but now they have a tool to use for the future. Eagles (I think) will follow suit.

I like McNabb...



I've gotta think that *if* McNabb doesn't get resigned and becomes a free agent, Washington would be the frontrunner of interested teams. Which would be a very bad thing for Dallas, but a great thing for Washington.

Oh, and I dislike McNabb. Cocky as shit, with nothing to back it up. Did you see the footage of him coming through the tunnel before the playoff game? He was running through there cocky as fuck, strutting his shit like they were going to beat the Cowboys down. He was playing air guitar and shit going through there where the fans are. I bet that was a humiliating walk back through, at the end of the game. hahahaha Fucking loser.
bcoop is offline  
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Lifer
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 9,204
I'd like to see McNabb receive one more opportunity with a line to protect him and the talent he had this year around him. If they have that, like they went into the year thinking they had prior to the injuries, I have no doubt the Eagles would still be playing.

If next year brings a similar result, then someone new is needed.
Grant is offline  
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 01:40 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
I've gotta think that *if* McNabb doesn't get resigned and becomes a free agent, Washington would be the frontrunner of interested teams. Which would be a very bad thing for Dallas, but a great thing for Washington.

Oh, and I dislike McNabb. Cocky as shit, with nothing to back it up. Did you see the footage of him coming through the tunnel before the playoff game? He was running through there cocky as fuck, strutting his shit like they were going to beat the Cowboys down. He was playing air guitar and shit going through there where the fans are. I bet that was a humiliating walk back through, at the end of the game. hahahaha Fucking loser.
I think you're just taking that as a Cowboy's fan. I really don't give a shit about either team and I thought it was funny as hell. He's a joking, cut up kind of guy...has nothing to do with cockiness.
exlude is offline  
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 01:52 PM
Lifer
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 9,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude View Post
I think you're just taking that as a Cowboy's fan. I really don't give a shit about either team and I thought it was funny as hell. He's a joking, cut up kind of guy...has nothing to do with cockiness.
Agreed. I think it's important part of why he's so consistent. I also sometimes think it's why he's never 'won' it all on some level.
Grant is offline  
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 02:06 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
I didn't mean to imply that any of this was McNabb's fault. That's not what I was trying to say. In fact, I think the they can place a large majority of this season's failures on their decision to not resign Dawkins. The D looked horrible. A lot like Pittsburgh's D looked when Polamalu went down. You can say what you want about injuries, the center going down, etc. On the flip side of that, Cowboys started Columbo in the playoff game who hadn't played in like 8 weeks. The final game of the year, they had Free (who is a backup) starting. Arguments can be made for a lot of that, but I think it ultimately comes down to Dawkins. Well, I'll add Westbrook in there. That was a huge blow. He's old too, and they should cut him before next season.

I just think because the offense is so young, that they should grow together. It's not like they have the opportunity to come back and go to the SB next year (in which case I could see wanting to keep him). They've got some big holes to fill before that can become a realistic possibility, at least in my eyes.
Dawkins is on the decline, and the dude is notorious for missing tackles and bouncing off players. He's a great emotional leader but he's overrated as a safety.

Taylor is offline  
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 02:11 PM
Eagles>Cowboys
 
mikecobra95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Third Eye
Posts: 3,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
Dawkins is on the decline, and the dude is notorious for missing tackles and bouncing off players. He's a great emotional leader but he's overrated as a safety.
I should punch you for your ridiculous quote right here......

mikecobra95 is offline  
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 02:16 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,163
Did you watch any of the Denver games? The dude is old and it starts to show after a few games.

Taylor is offline  
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 02:51 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecobra95 View Post
I should punch you for your ridiculous quote right here......
I agree. He may be on the decline, but he is still better than most safeties in the league.

Taylor, you ever think his performance in Denver has a little to do with it being a new team, and not having the trust in each other like he had at Philly? That was an assinine comment. Almost as bad as some of the stuff Dumbass2000 posts. Jesus
bcoop is offline  
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Eagles>Cowboys
 
mikecobra95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Third Eye
Posts: 3,405
Dawk only had 116 tackles this year with 95 of those being solo. He's terrible at tackling apparently, lol. Not abd for a 36 year old.......

mikecobra95 is offline  
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 03:37 PM
Sure Shot
 
97blkpny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: in the duck blind...
Posts: 3,353
The stadium and the game were badass. Ted Nugent did a hell of a job too! He was tearing it up!

97blkpny is offline  
post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 05:26 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
I agree. He may be on the decline, but he is still better than most safeties in the league.

Taylor, you ever think his performance in Denver has a little to do with it being a new team, and not having the trust in each other like he had at Philly? That was an assinine comment. Almost as bad as some of the stuff Dumbass2000 posts. Jesus
It's not like Nolan is running a complicated scheme up there.

I'm not saying he's some washed-up, terrible safety, but to blame Philly's defensive failures this year on the absence of one player is absurd. If anything you should point the finger at Sean McDermott.

Taylor is offline  
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 11:13 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
It's not like Nolan is running a complicated scheme up there.

I'm not saying he's some washed-up, terrible safety, but to blame Philly's defensive failures this year on the absence of one player is absurd. If anything you should point the finger at Sean McDermott.
Lol. You fucking idiot. I suppose the Steelers mailing the season in had absolutely nothing to do with Polamalu getting hurt.
bcoop is offline  
post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 08:40 AM
Eagles>Cowboys
 
mikecobra95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Third Eye
Posts: 3,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Lol. You fucking idiot. I suppose the Steelers mailing the season in had absolutely nothing to do with Polamalu getting hurt.
Yeah Dawkins not being in Philly had a ton to do with their defensive play this year. His emotional leadership is one thing, but his knowledge of the game is something that is invalueable.

He may be 36 years old and a little slower than he use to be, but he was ALWAYS in the right place at the right time. He is one of the best safties in the history of the league at helping shut down the running game. He is one of the best at blitzing and getting after the QB. Dawk has the ability to change a game with big hits and forced fumbles.


I can't tell you how many times this year I saw rookie Macho Harris out of position on a big play. Macho may be fast, but being totally lost back there is inexcuseable. Sean Jones is a decent safety, but he made tons of mental errors as well. Philly simply had a lot of injuries this year, but if Dawk were there I can pretty much guarantee their defense would have been better. He was the playcaller of that defense, he knew everything about it. He told where teh LB's to be and set that defensive backfield on every snap.

Dawk's last year in Philly he changed so many games with huge plays. He stripped and recovered a ball from Big Ben against Pitt to seal that game. He forced fumbles from Barber and Romo to secure the 44-6 blowout against the Boys. All this at age 35. I will never forgive Philly for letting him walk. They had to bring back Trotter for emotional leadership for fuck's sake. Dawk better get a contract and retire as an Eagle, that's all I'm saying, lol.

mikecobra95 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
hen=rich

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome