Craig James.... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Craig James....

So now this fucking cocksucker is going to run for Kay Bailey Hutchinson's seat when she resigns, per Channel 8 News

I can't believe this arrogant prick thinks he's actually got a shot at this after all the trouble he's caused with Tech? Most of the state of Texas has turned against the James family, for ruining the Tech program. Even people that aren't Tech fans, hate this family.

Then if you want to add in his mishaps with the SMU program, and I don't think the dude has the ethics to be a good politician. What a fucking train wreck....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 12:21 AM
Lifer

So I take it you won't vote for him?

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
So I take it you won't vote for him?
Fuck no.... I'm a conservative, but I couldn't support him under any circumstances.

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 12:24 AM
Lifer

Yeah I agree.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 12:29 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
and I don't think the dude has the ethics to be a good politician.
Does this mean he's really a good guy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 12:32 AM
Fear the Stashe

this thread isnt about UT losing, therefore not worth posting........................................... ..........................................

(insert OU insult here.)
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 05:54 AM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
So now this fucking cocksucker is going to run for Kay Bailey Hutchinson's seat when she resigns, per Channel 8 News

I can't believe this arrogant prick thinks he's actually got a shot at this after all the trouble he's caused with Tech? Most of the state of Texas has turned against the James family, for ruining the Tech program. Even people that aren't Tech fans, hate this family.

Then if you want to add in his mishaps with the SMU program, and I don't think the dude has the ethics to be a good politician. What a fucking train wreck....
The better way to say it is "he would be one of the more popular reps with his knowledge of taking money". He wouldn't need much help in assuming the job, and I am sure he has our best interests in his heart, which he sold long ago.

post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 08:28 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Then if you want to add in his mishaps with the SMU program, and I don't think the dude has the ethics to be a good politician.
Actually, sounds about par for the course.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 08:42 AM
Lifer

After what he did, he has no political future here in Texas.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 10:39 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

I wouldn't vote a fucking football commentator into any sort of political office besides maybe a seat on the city council.

post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky View Post
this thread isnt about UT losing, therefore not worth posting........................................... ..........................................

(BOOMER SOONER.)
Fuck that jackass for ruining the Tech program because his son's a whiny little bitch that was jacking around.

03 Mach1
02 Sierra
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8 View Post
Actually, sounds about par for the course.
He was saying on channel 8 that he is tired of sitting by and watching the Democrats abandon the principles the country was founded on, and run this country in to the ground.

I agree with his reasoning. I question his morals and ethics.
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
The better way to say it is "he would be one of the more popular reps with his knowledge of taking money". He wouldn't need much help in assuming the job, and I am sure he has our best interests in his heart, which he sold long ago.

You're a goddamned fool If you think Dems aren't pocketing millions, or if they are looking out for anyones beat interest but their own. Jesus you are dense. I don't know how you can remember to breathe.
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Clown

This is too funny.....There are going to be a lot of people wasting money on his campaign.
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 01:16 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
You're a goddamned fool If you think Dems aren't pocketing millions, or if they are looking out for anyones beat interest but their own. Jesus you are dense. I don't know how you can remember to breathe.
I'm sorry, but it about even on both sides.

I agree that the dems are looking out for their own interests, but you can't deny that Republicans pocketed from the Big Banks in order to let the banks do whatever the hell they wanted, taking the economy down the pisser.
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 04:20 PM
Lifer

Not voting for that SMU jack-off
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Lifer

What a dipshit. Soon we'll have all celebs making orders and signing laws in for this spiraling country. Jesse Ventura, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Al Franken, now this jerkoff.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 07:42 PM
Lifer

Quote:

I think it was pretty stupid for him to get involved in the situation at TT like he did, but to say he has MOST of Texas upset at him becuase he did? I doubt most of the state even knows about the situation, it was just TT after all! LMAO!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

ďAn armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.Ē
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Lifer

Quote:

I agree that the dems are looking out for their own interests, but you can't deny that Republicans pocketed from the Big Banks in order to let the banks do whatever the hell they wanted, taking the economy down the pisser.
Are you trying to blame the high risk mortgage loans that took out the economy on the Republicans? You are very uninformed if that is your argument dude.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

ďAn armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.Ē
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

Actually, you can blame Clinton for the sub prime lending, as he's the one that pushed and signed the act to open up lending to people that couldn't pay their bills. Sounds like you need to do some research instead of regurgitating what Keith Olberman tells you. Lol @ trying to pass off what Daddy Bama tells you as fact, when in reality, it's not even remotely close to the truth. You don't habe to take ny word for it. The facts are out there. Just go look...
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Damn. I thought your sports knowledge sucked until I read this.

post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 12:00 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Are you trying to blame the high risk mortgage loans that took out the economy on the Republicans? You are very uninformed if that is your argument dude.
Quote:
Actually, you can blame Clinton for the sub prime lending, as he's the one that pushed and signed the act to open up lending to people that couldn't pay their bills. . . . . facts are out there. Just go look...
Facts, huh? I don't listen to Keith Olberman or Rush Limbagh either for that matter. I don't listen to anyone who gets paid to make political opinions based on television/radio ratings rather than relative truth. They're all liars, either left or right, that YOU actually believe. That's the sad part.

My problem with the Republican party during this time is their lack of ability to END sub-prime lending in the 13 years that they had the majority of Congress leading up to the crash.

You obviously won't find the truth yourself. Instead you'll listen to political liars on TV and Radio.

Do me a favor, before you ask for the truth . . . FIND IT!!!!
http://www.fec.gov/disclosure.shtml

Who were the most influential Congressmen that could have ended or regulated the banks to prevent the crash of 2008? Look at the money these people got from the banks that are now Bankrupt (since campaign finance reporting started):

Dennis Hastert (Republican Speaker of the House 1999-2007): $6,500 Countrywide Financial Corp. PAC, $5,000 from Fannie Mae POC, $2,000 from Merrill Lynch POC, $3,800 from AIG POC, $22,000 from Lehman Brothers POC, $20,000 from Washington Mutual POC, $3,000 National City Bank POC

Trent Lott (Republican Senate Majority Leader & Whip): $3,000 from Bear Sterns POC, $1,000 from Merrill Lynch POC, $1,000 from AIG POC, $5,000 from Lehman Brothers POC, $5,000 from Washington Mutual POC, $500 from Wachovia POC

President George W. Bush: $5,000 Countrywide Financial Corp. PAC, $10,000 Angelo Mozilo (Co-Founder of Countrywide), $2,000 from David S. Loeb (Co-Founder of Countrywide), $6,000 from AIG POC, $5,000 from Washington Mutual POC, $9,000 from Wachovia POC, $3,000 from Commerce Bancorp, $10,000 from National City Bank

Republican Misc. Committees: $242,500 from Bear Sterns POC, $54,000 from Countrywide Financial Corp. PAC, $166,000 from Fannie Mae POC, $127,000 from Merrill Lynch POC, $184,950 from AIG POC, $307,500 from Lehman Brothers POC, $219,000 from Washington Mutual POC, $46,000 from Wachovia POC, $26,000 from Commerce Bancorp POC

This doesn't count the other POC names that each of these entities contributed to that then contributed to Republican campaigns and committees.

And I'm not even going to spend the time to research the individual CEO's and other leaders of those same banks. They also contributed to the above influential Republicans. You look them up yourself: (Even though I know you won't)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...7%E2%80%932008

Did these same POC's contribute to Dems??? FUCK YES THEY DID!!!!

Which is my fucking point to begin with . . . CORRUPTION GOES ON FOR BOTH SIDES!!!!
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Facts, huh? I don't listen to Keith Olberman or Rush Limbagh either for that matter. I don't listen to anyone who gets paid to make political opinions based on television/radio ratings rather than relative truth. They're all liars, either left or right, that YOU actually believe. That's the sad part.

My problem with the Republican party during this time is their lack of ability to END sub-prime lending in the 13 years that they had the majority of Congress leading up to the crash.

You obviously won't find the truth yourself. Instead you'll listen to political liars on TV and Radio.

Do me a favor, before you ask for the truth . . . FIND IT!!!!
http://www.fec.gov/disclosure.shtml

Who were the most influential Congressmen that could have ended or regulated the banks to prevent the crash of 2008? Look at the money these people got from the banks that are now Bankrupt (since campaign finance reporting started):

Dennis Hastert (Republican Speaker of the House 1999-2007): $6,500 Countrywide Financial Corp. PAC, $5,000 from Fannie Mae POC, $2,000 from Merrill Lynch POC, $3,800 from AIG POC, $22,000 from Lehman Brothers POC, $20,000 from Washington Mutual POC, $3,000 National City Bank POC

Trent Lott (Republican Senate Majority Leader & Whip): $3,000 from Bear Sterns POC, $1,000 from Merrill Lynch POC, $1,000 from AIG POC, $5,000 from Lehman Brothers POC, $5,000 from Washington Mutual POC, $500 from Wachovia POC

President George W. Bush: $5,000 Countrywide Financial Corp. PAC, $10,000 Angelo Mozilo (Co-Founder of Countrywide), $2,000 from David S. Loeb (Co-Founder of Countrywide), $6,000 from AIG POC, $5,000 from Washington Mutual POC, $9,000 from Wachovia POC, $3,000 from Commerce Bancorp, $10,000 from National City Bank

Republican Misc. Committees: $242,500 from Bear Sterns POC, $54,000 from Countrywide Financial Corp. PAC, $166,000 from Fannie Mae POC, $127,000 from Merrill Lynch POC, $184,950 from AIG POC, $307,500 from Lehman Brothers POC, $219,000 from Washington Mutual POC, $46,000 from Wachovia POC, $26,000 from Commerce Bancorp POC

This doesn't count the other POC names that each of these entities contributed to that then contributed to Republican campaigns and committees.

And I'm not even going to spend the time to research the individual CEO's and other leaders of those same banks. They also contributed to the above influential Republicans. You look them up yourself: (Even though I know you won't)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...7%E2%80%932008

Did these same POC's contribute to Dems??? FUCK YES THEY DID!!!!

Which is my fucking point to begin with . . . CORRUPTION GOES ON IN BOTH SIDES!!!!

No wonder you're a liberal. You're a backwards thinker. Instead of getting pissed at Slick Willie, who is the one responsible for passing the law, you get mad at the ones who inherited it. Nice thinking, cry baby.

Your whole post is comical, considering I don't watch ANY opinion shows, or even any of the news outlets either. I have watched 3 local news broadcasts in the last 12 months. That ought to clue you in to how many of the national news broadcasts I tune in to. Dumbfuck.
post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 12:12 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
No wonder you're a liberal. You're a backwards thinker.

It's not backwards thinking when you look at both sides equally. Backwards thinking is when you only look at and take belief in ONE SIDE. That's what dumb fucks like you do.

AND I'M NOT A LIBERAL YOU DOUCHE
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 12:15 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Instead of getting pissed at Slick Willie, who is the one responsible for passing the law,
Again, you're WRONG!!!

The Alternative Mortgage Transactions Parity Act, which allowed non-federally chartered housing creditors to write adjustable-rate mortgages, was signed by Ronald Reagan.

Clinton by no means is clean and clear of the problem. But let's not get History wrong, DUMBFUCK.
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 12:23 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

By the way, just to be EQUAL: We can also blame Carter with the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977.

And we can also blame Phil Gramm and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, AKA Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999 which was lobbyed for with over $300 Million by big banks to politicians of BOTH SIDES. But I guess you only blame Clinton for that one.

Last edited by Who Needs 8; 01-11-2010 at 12:31 PM.
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Lifer

Quote:
It's not backwards thinking when you look at both sides equally. Backwards thinking is when you only look at and take belief in ONE SIDE. That's what dumb fucks like you do.

AND I'M NOT A LIBERAL YOU DOUCHE
If you look at both sides equally, how come you only picked a few Republicans and left out all of the major players from the left, like Barney Frank and Harry Reid for two quick and high profile examples?

BTW, I blame both sides for this debacle, but not equally. The Republicans should have done more when they had control to override Clintons mess, but the Dems got in control of Congress in '06 and did NOTHING to stop the collapse and even were calling for looser regs right up until the collapse. You are a typical liberal and can only see one side of an issue and then claim you see both sides.

Why is it you people who spew liberal rhetoric like it came out of Keith Olberman's mouth always deny what they are?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Again, you're WRONG!!!

The Alternative Mortgage Transactions Parity Act, which allowed non-federally chartered housing creditors to write adjustable-rate mortgages, was signed by Ronald Reagan.

Clinton by no means is clean and clear of the problem. But let's not get History wrong, DUMBFUCK.
Jesus fucking christ. There's no point. None at all. Keep spewing Olbermann's rhetoric. But yeah, you don't listen to him at all. lmgdao. Is it too late for your mommy to abort your sorry ass? No sense in you wasting usable oxygen. Might have to start charging your parents for carbon credits.

Do me a favor, Maston. Go get drunk and cry again, faggot.
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Jesus fucking christ. There's no point. None at all. Keep spewing Olbermann's rhetoric. But yeah, you don't listen to him at all. lmgdao. Is it too late for your mommy to abort your sorry ass? No sense in you wasting usable oxygen. Might have to start charging your parents for carbon credits.

Do me a favor, Maston. Go get drunk and cry again, faggot.
Ouchie!

Jimma got it going in '77, but Daddy Bill cranked that bitch up in '95. ARM's didn't change credit requirements for home-buyers, but the pressure that Clinton put on lender's did. I love how some of these guys that weren't even born yet, seem to know shit from 1987, much less 1977.

post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 12:39 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
I love how some of these guys that weren't even born yet, seem to know shit from 1987, much less 1977.
Hence why bcoop is a dumbass.

Like they studied all this when he was in kindergarden or junior high?

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Hence why bcoop is a dumbass.

Like they studied all this when he was in kindergarden or junior high?
lmao. You can't possibly be more than 2-3 years older than I am, Nancy.

I never knew humans studying was limited to grade school. Silly me.

Doesn't change the fact of where the blame really lies. Not my fault you don't believe facts.
post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 01:04 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
If you look at both sides equally, how come you only picked a few Republicans and left out all of the major players from the left, like Barney Frank and Harry Reid for two quick and high profile examples?
Because your post . . .
Quote:
. . . led me to believe you thought the Republicans hands were clean in this case.
SOOOOOO . . . I gave you the top Republicans as an EXAMPLE that the republicans, ALL OF THEM, were getting money from the banks.
It took long enough searching through that website to do that, let alone search Dems. I do have work to do.
Quote:
BTW, I blame both sides for this debacle, but not equally. The Republicans should have done more when they had control to override Clintons mess,
So if you actually agree with me, how is it that I AM uninformed?
Quote:
The Republicans should have done more when they had control to override Clintons mess, but the Dems got in control of Congress in '06 and did NOTHING to stop the collapse
Hey, Smart Guy, you RIGHT THERE just said they are equally to blame. When the Republicans were in power, they did nothing. When the Dems were in power, they did nothing.
Remember what I originally said that started this whole thing . . .
Quote:
Seems to me that we both are saying the same damn thing. Why the hell do you think I'm liberal?
Quote:
Why is it you people who spew liberal rhetoric like it came out of Keith Olberman's mouth always deny what they are?
I SWEAR TO GOD, JESUS, AND THE HOLY SPIRIT: I HAVE NEVER WATCHED KEITH OLBERMAN.
I SWEAR TO GOD, JESUS, AND THE HOLY SPIRIT: I HAVE NOT WATCHED ANY NEWS NETWORK
(with the exception of the time period from 9/11/2001 until some time in October 2001 for obvious reasons).
I swear, I don’t even know what network his show is on. AND I swear that if he weren’t on Sunday Night Football (I still don’t understand why he is) I would not even know who the guy is. I don’t even have any of the cable news networks, ANY, programmed on my cable remote. THAT is how much I don’t listen to these people who YOU OBVIOUSLY DO. All of you sure do know exactly what Olberman’s rhetoric is for people who don’t listen to him.
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Because your post . . .

. . . led me to believe you thought the Republicans hands were clean in this case.
SOOOOOO . . . I gave you the top Republicans as an EXAMPLE that the republicans, ALL OF THEM, were getting money from the banks.
It took long enough searching through that website to do that, let alone search Dems. I do have work to do.
A post where I laughed at you for only blaming Republicans leads you to think I don't think the Republicans have any blame? Dude, you would get eaten alive in the political forum for assuming shit from left field and acting like it is fact (another in a long line of evidence of your liberalsim).

You implied numerous times that the Republicans were to blame, never mentioned any Dems, and left Obama and his 11+ months of office out of your blame game.

Quote:
So if you actually agree with me, how is it that I AM uninformed?
I don;t agree with you that there is equal balme. The Dems have pushed this forward and Bush and his admininstration did not do enough to stop it. The Dems get the majority of the blame for it, and Bush gets some blame for not stopping it. The blame is on both sides but nowhere near equal. Hell, Barney frank alone stands a large majority of the blame. If you ayhd done a little bipartisan research you would know that.

Quote:
Hey, Smart Guy, you RIGHT THERE just said they are equally to blame. When the Republicans were in power, they did nothing. When the Dems were in power, they did nothing.
Remember what I originally said that started this whole thing . . . .
Again, you read I said "equal" when it is not there. The blame is on both sides, but nowhere near is it equal.

Quote:
Seems to me that we both are saying the same damn thing. Why the hell do you think I'm liberal?
Ypou spew liberal rhetoric as good as Olberman or any of the other liberal talking heads do. You may not watch Olberman, but you are spewing liberal rhetoric like it came straight from Olberman, moveon.org., Maddow, or any other liberal source. BTW, if you never hear the liberals side, how do you become so informed aboiut all things political? I am no longer a liberal but I listen to what they have to say just like I do conservatives and then form my own opinion. How do you get your information (I would like some specific sources please)?

Quote:
I SWEAR TO GOD, JESUS, AND THE HOLY SPIRIT: I HAVE NEVER WATCHED KEITH OLBERMAN.
I SWEAR TO GOD, JESUS, AND THE HOLY SPIRIT: I HAVE NOT WATCHED ANY NEWS NETWORK
(with the exception of the time period from 9/11/2001 until some time in October 2001 for obvious reasons).
I swear, I donít even know what network his show is on. AND I swear that if he werenít on Sunday Night Football (I still donít understand why he is) I would not even know who the guy is. I donít even have any of the cable news networks, ANY, programmed on my cable remote. THAT is how much I donít listen to these people who YOU OBVIOUSLY DO. All of you sure do know exactly what Olbermanís rhetoric is for people who donít listen to him.
Okay, no cable news sources you say, so where do you get your information form then? Remember, be specific!

It appears you are so misinformed that you appear to not have done any research into political subjects, which explains why you come across so uninformed about simple stuff. My guess is that you listen to hard core liberal stuff and don't even realize your sources are hard core liberal.

I predict you don't give your sources becuase they are hard core liberal sources.

You could prove your bipartisanship by pointing out some obvious and easy Dems who are to blame and some of the reasons Obama is to blame for the mess we find ourselves in today.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 08:22 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Okay, no cable news sources you say, so where do you get your information form then? Remember, be specific!
I wake up to Channel 8 Daybreak every morning. And if I get home in time I used to watch ABC Evening News with Charlie Gibson, but I'm having a rough time watching it with Diane Sawyer . . . she sounds too much like kindergarden teacher with her "soft voice". Makes me think she's going to say ". . . and now it's time for our 30 minute nap" at any time in the middle of her broadcast.

That's about all the news I can take. I'll usually hit up Yahoo News if I see a headline that interests me while checking email. For information I go to wikipedia for the small stuff and straight to the source (usually government websites) for the big stuff like above.

No Liberal sites, no Conservative sites. You listen to or read any of those and you aren't making independant decisions on your own, IMO. No matter what side they are on. There are way too many people with agendas and propaganda that this has become a society of puppets rather than thinkers. PROOF: Al Frankin is an effing Senator.
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 09:20 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I wake up to Channel 8 Daybreak every morning. And if I get home in time I used to watch ABC Evening News with Charlie Gibson, but I'm having a rough time watching it with Diane Sawyer . . . she sounds too much like kindergarden teacher with her "soft voice". Makes me think she's going to say ". . . and now it's time for our 30 minute nap" at any time in the middle of her broadcast.

That's about all the news I can take. I'll usually hit up Yahoo News if I see a headline that interests me while checking email. For information I go to wikipedia for the small stuff and straight to the source (usually government websites) for the big stuff like above.

No Liberal sites, no Conservative sites. You listen to or read any of those and you aren't making independant decisions on your own, IMO. No matter what side they are on. There are way too many people with agendas and propaganda that this has become a society of puppets rather than thinkers. PROOF: Al Frankin is an effing Senator.
So because I watch Fox, watch MSNBC, and read lots of different websites and periodicals I am not making independent decisions? Silly me, I thought that was the right way to come to an independent conclusion, listening to both sides!

If you only watch ABC (a very liberal network, especially their news) and don't know it is liberal, that says alot about you. I won't even go into your obvious lack of knowledge on this subject even though you have admitted for all to see that you are not very well informed, as if we weren't already aware of that fact.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 04:46 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
So because I watch Fox, watch MSNBC, and read lots of different websites and periodicals I am not making independent decisions? Silly me, I thought that was the right way to come to an independent conclusion, listening to both sides!

If you only watch ABC (a very liberal network, especially their news) and don't know it is liberal, that says alot about you. I won't even go into your obvious lack of knowledge on this subject even though you have admitted for all to see that you are not very well informed, as if we weren't already aware of that fact.
You do realize that cable news network’s report based on ratings rather than importance or truths, right? What THEY believe that YOU should know. By that fact, you only are as smart as THEY make you. That's just not good enough for me.

And you do realize that ABC is owned by Disney, right? One of the most conservative businesses in America? Just because I check into it for the news of the day doesn't mean I agree with its political views. I tune into it so that I know what is happening in Haiti, for a recent example.

Ask anyone who knows me, I'm definitely not a liberal. But I'm also not a Bible Beating, "you've got to wear an American Flag lapel pin or else you’re a communist", "it's my way or else your Hitler" conservative like you and bcoop.

What's the funniest part of this whole argument is that you and I both agree on the subject that you've over reacted about. And that scares you because you're obviously insecure or else you'd show ME the facts about whatever the hell it is that you think I'm so wrong about. Problem is, you can't do that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement