My first game at the new stadium... - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
2-7 and still a fan!
 
BOOSTED32V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: In a place that has become a ghost town...
Posts: 16,954
Question My first game at the new stadium...

I've been a few times to the pro shop and for a tour but never for a game, where to park as I'm not paying $75.00 to park. I almost shot the parking attendant at the American Airlines arena because I thought he was trying to rip me off, he charged me $20.00 to park for the UFC show. I might have my wife drop me off a few hours before. How the hell does Walmart keep people from parking in their lot?
BOOSTED32V is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 01:44 PM
mannish boy
 
Cooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: drunk on diesel
Posts: 31,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V View Post
I've been a few times to the pro shop and for a tour but never for a game, where to park as I'm not paying $75.00 to park. I almost shot the parking attendant at the American Airlines arena because I thought he was trying to rip me off, he charged me $20.00 to park for the UFC show. I might have my wife drop me off a few hours before. How the hell does Walmart keep people from parking in their lot?
snipers
Cooter is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Fear the Stashe
 
unkoricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The C
Posts: 3,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
snipers
Yep...
and also guys that have Marathon, Lightweight , & Ninja abilities that run around Wal-Mart and dont allow you to park.
unkoricky is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Lifer
 
redheadintx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,672
Having her drop you off is not a bad idea! I had my mom do that when I took my daughter to The Jonas Brothers... much easier and MUCH cheaper!

redheadintx is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Having her drop you off is the best way to go.


Either that, or you can go drink somewhere in Lincoln Square, and leave your car there. You must spend a minimum of $40 at one of the restaurants/bars, and leave your receipt on the dash, or your shit will get towed in a heartbeat.
bcoop is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Lifer
 
redheadintx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Having her drop you off is the best way to go.


Either that, or you can go drink somewhere in Lincoln Square, and leave your car there. You must spend a minimum of $40 at one of the restaurants/bars, and leave your receipt on the dash, or your shit will get towed in a heartbeat.
Also a good idea... since eating & drinking before will be much cheaper than eating & drinking there!

redheadintx is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 01:59 PM
Fear the Stashe
 
unkoricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The C
Posts: 3,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadintx View Post
Also a good idea... since eating & drinking before will be much cheaper than eating & drinking there!
anyone wanna tell me the ridiculous prices they have there on food?
unkoricky is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky View Post
anyone wanna tell me the ridiculous prices they have there on food?
I think pizzas and burgers are like 7 bucks.
bcoop is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Lifer
 
redheadintx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky View Post
anyone wanna tell me the ridiculous prices they have there on food?
It's really the same as other entertainment venues in regard to food and alcohol... which is ALL ridiculous! You're looking at anywhere from $7-$12 for a meal.

And $7-$12 may not seem "bad" for a "meal" ... but it's NOT good, restaurant quality food, ya know?

redheadintx is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadintx View Post

And $7-$12 may not seem "bad" for a "meal" ... but it's NOT good, restaurant quality food, ya know?
Yeah, it's all concession shit, but it isn't any more expensive than AAC.
bcoop is offline  
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 02:26 PM
mannish boy
 
Cooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: drunk on diesel
Posts: 31,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadintx View Post
Having her drop you off is not a bad idea! I had my mom do that when I took my daughter to The Jonas Brothers... much easier and MUCH cheaper!
mom, when you drop me off at the Jonas Brothers concert, can you not drop me off right in front PLEASE!?!?!?
Cooter is offline  
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Alvarado
Posts: 641
I had the tenders and they were exactly the same as AAC. I don't know if it's the same company but they're decently priced like 7.50. Just spend 60 bucks to park, and just tailgate. Bring your own beer and food that way you can even after party in the parkin lot while waiting on traffic lol and get the final words into the Philly fans....

03 Mach1
02 Sierra
cde21 is offline  
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by cde21 View Post
I had the tenders and they were exactly the same as AAC. I don't know if it's the same company but
They might come from the same vendor (likely Ben E Keith or Sysco), but food operations at AAC and food operations at the Death Star are run by two different companies. Jerry & Steinbrenner started a company called Legends Foodservice, and Legends runs the food & bev at the Death Star and the new Yank stadium.

I can't recall off the top of my head who runs food & bev at AAC, but it used to be Aramark. Probably still is.


SportService runs F&B at the Ballpark.
bcoop is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome