http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=9473783

Ouch... Happy New Year

1967 Camaro SS/RS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Resident Epicurean

Very interesting.

I bet Cowher lands in Buffalo. Why else would they fire the entire staff? I mean, I know the entire staff sucks and all, but you know Cowher wants to bring in all his own guys wherever he goes. All the talking heads yesterday were talking about how Carolina won't be an option for Cowher, as they are going to keep John Fox; and TB is going to stick with whatever that guy's name is that they have. So they were talking about the possibility of Buffalo, and saying that Cowher had been talking to Buffalo. I guess this somewhat confirms what the talking heads were saying.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 12:45 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Steelers fan and possibly a somewhat supporter of the Bills. I'll bet the Cower announcement comes before the end of the week.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
Steelers fan and possibly a somewhat supporter of the Bills. I'll bet the Cower announcement comes before the end of the week.
How ironic. You talked all that shit about what a cancer and piece of shit TO is, blah blah blah, when he was in a Dallas uniform. And now you're a supporter of the Bills, when he's on the roster?

Am I correct in assuming that you'll be 'somewhat of a supporter', as you put it, because Cowher will be the coach?
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Lifer

Good, hopefully we get Cower now.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 12:54 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
How ironic. You talked all that shit about what a cancer and piece of shit TO is, blah blah blah, when he was in a Dallas uniform. And now you're a supporter of the Bills, when he's on the roster?

Am I correct in assuming that you'll be 'somewhat of a supporter', as you put it, because Cowher will be the coach?
Yes. I could care less about T.O. -- besides, I think he's gone from the Bills after this year anyway.

Supporting the team and supporting a player are two different things there, genius.

Case in point -- I hate William Gay, but I love the Steelers.

Just as I'm sure you hated T.O. or Roy Williams (either one), but were still a supporter of the Cowboys.

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR TINFOIL HAT View Post
Good, hopefully we get Cower now.
Wow, it's a rare sight, but a Buffalo fan has emerged!! J/K

Seriously, from everything I see, they have a descent team. They just seem to be lacking a solid QB and a big impact player on defense. They seem to always be close to turning the corner, but end up falling short.

It would be cool to see another Buffalo-Dallas Super Bowl. Cowboys fans would like to see another super bowl win.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Yes. I could care less about T.O. -- besides, I think he's gone from the Bills after this year anyway.

I figured he'd be back. There's no reason he wouldn't be, really. Well, until they hire Cowher, that is. I don't think Cowher will put up with his shit.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 01:06 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
I figured he'd be back. There's no reason he wouldn't be, really. Well, until they hire Cowher, that is. I don't think Cowher will put up with his shit.
I didn't think he performed very well there?

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
I didn't think he performed very well there?
He did better than RY did this year. hahahaha

I thought he did just fine, given the circumstances. He had a game that was close to 200 yards, if not over. The problem in Buffalo lies with the QB, not the receiver. I mean, it's kinda hard to get in a rhythym when Buffalo kept playing round robin with the QBs due to injury, and suckiness.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 01:28 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

TO didn't have a good year but I think that has more to do with the rest of the offense than with him.

He had a one year contract but I tend to agree that he won't be re-signed.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 01:35 PM
2-7 and still a fan!

Talking

[Donald Trump]You're all Fired, get out![Donald Trump]

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexchick View Post
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 01:47 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Maybe Bill Cowher WON'T be coaching the Bills. Jerry might have an option if "playoff fade" Wade keeps his perfect playoff record.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry/rumor-mill/
Quote:
At a time when it appeared that Bill Cowher would return to coaching after three years off, it now appears that he won't.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports, citing an unnamed source close to the situation, that Cowher is not expected to take a coaching job in 2010.

His best option is in Buffalo, and we've heard that he really doesn't want to become the coach there. Options in Tampa and Carolina haven't materialized.

Though Schefter points out that Cowher likely will be at the top of the "A" list in 2011, the luster of that 2005 Super Bowl title will eventually begin to fade -- and after a certain number of years he'll face questions as to whether the game has passed him by.

The reality here is that Cowher waited a year too long to make his return. Last season, he could have pitted the Browns against the Chiefs and driven his price to record heights.

So while Cowher has done a great job of keeping his name in the mix for new jobs, he hasn't done a good job of getting the most out of the opportunities that have come his way.

Pretty soon, there might not be many, especially at his asking price.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

ESPN says Cower and the Steelers met today I think and they did not strike a deal. They are saying they don't think he is going to be the coach.

1967 Camaro SS/RS
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 01:51 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95snake View Post
ESPN says Cower and the Steelers met today
Say WHAT?!?!

Was that just a misprint on your part?
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 02:40 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Tomlin isn't going anywhere in Pittsburgh. Cowher won't coach there again, IMO. If anything, he was meeting with Pittsburgh to try and steal Kevin Colbert from them for when he moves to another team. Just my opinion, anyway.

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
Say WHAT?!?!

Was that just a misprint on your part?
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-with-steelers

1967 Camaro SS/RS
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Maybe Bill Cowher WON'T be coaching the Bills. Jerry might have an option if "playoff fade" Wade keeps his perfect playoff record.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry/rumor-mill/
Wade already has his extension locked up, IMO. I don't think it's going to matter what happens in the playoffs. I think beating the Saints and finishing the season is all it took.

Jerry isn't going to bring in a new coach for next year, when the SB is going to be in Dallas. As of right now, they've proven they can contend. Jerry wants to be the first team to play in the SB they are hosting. Bringing in a new coach is going to set them back a year at minimum.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Lifer

I would be very surprised to see Cowher in $uch a poor market like Buffalo.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 03:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Jerry isn't going to bring in a new coach for next year, when the SB is going to be in Dallas. As of right now, they've proven they can contend. Jerry wants to be the first team to play in the SB they are hosting. Bringing in a new coach is going to set them back a year at minimum.
Honestly, if the Cowboys played a Super Bowl next year at home, I think that would be Jerry's crowning moment. He would smile so hard the plastic would pop out, causing him to have a heart attack and him following out of the owners box on to the fans below.

Fitting end to an interesting life.
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 03:15 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Dude, that was written January 6, 2009

put the ciggaweed down
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Dude, that was written January 6, 2009

put the ciggaweed down
lol sorry well I can't find anything online, thats just what I heard on ESPN this morning.

1967 Camaro SS/RS
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 07:13 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95snake View Post
lol sorry well I can't find anything online, thats just what I heard on ESPN this morning.
I'm betting they misspoke. Cowher is having nothing to do with the Steelers. They aren't firing their coach.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement