Ufc - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Crandall
Posts: 935
Ufc

Anyone have links of the fights since i cant get out of the house tonight, Thanks
1bad306 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Crandall
Posts: 935
please anyone with link
1bad306 is offline  
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
Mmajunkie, sherdog, etc. all post live play-by-play.
94StangFiveO is offline  
 
post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 10:31 PM
is chilaxing
 
Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,760
Rafa is offline  
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Colony
Posts: 1,024
channel+surfing+net....

This card is so awesome, they replayed all of the fights they showed for free on the spike preliminary on the pay card.

The free fights and the stout fight were good, everything else was ho hum for me.

Last edited by 49522; 01-02-2010 at 11:41 PM.
49522 is offline  
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
Some great fights so far. And to think everyone was bitching because of all the injuries. These guys brought their A+ game tonight.

Last edited by 94StangFiveO; 01-02-2010 at 10:56 PM.
94StangFiveO is offline  
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 06:55 AM
\(_o)/
 
AbecX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Las Colinas
Posts: 25,373
Man, I love watching Rashad fight, he's like the Wayne Brady or Monsoonx of the UFC

AbecX is offline  
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 723
Rashad threw Silva all over the ring first two rounds. Ran out of gas the last round almost got knocked out but still picked up the W.



2009 STRYKER BLUE pontiYACK G8 GT stock for now

03 AZURE MACH1 305 rwhp, 325RWTQ TUNED BY [email protected]<----------------------------SOLD

06 TRUEBLUE SUPERCREW F150 5.4L
ScottsMach03 is offline  
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Lifer
 
Zfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,811
Good fights, thanks for the link!
Zfan is offline  
post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 11:42 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsMach03 View Post
Rashad threw Silva all over the ring first two rounds. Ran out of gas the last round almost got knocked out but still picked up the W.
Rashad didn't gas, he just got caught by Silva's heavy hands. I'm glad Rashad won because now we will see him fight Rampage. Should be a great fight with alot of smack talk.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #11 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 01:30 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
who all got hurt? Wasn't Del Santos supposed to fight on this card?


OH, and when did Gomi come over to the UFC??
bert89coupe is offline  
post #12 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 01:39 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
who all got hurt? Wasn't Del Santos supposed to fight on this card?


OH, and when did Gomi come over to the UFC??
Dos Santos. And yes, Cigano knocked the hurricane the fuck out.

Signed yesterday with UFC.
Nate is offline  
post #13 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 01:46 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Dos Santos. And yes, Cigano knocked the hurricane the fuck out.

Signed yesterday with UFC.


wonder is he can be the same over here with the different rules and give BJ a fight
bert89coupe is offline  
post #14 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 01:47 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
OH, and when did Gomi come over to the UFC??
His first fight is against Kenny Florian too. Should be an interesting fight to see how Gomi will adjust to the UFC.

But anyone who thinks Gomi is going to beat BJ is crazy.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #15 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 01:53 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
His first fight is against Kenny Florian too. Should be an interesting fight to see how Gomi will adjust to the UFC.

But anyone who thinks Gomi is going to beat BJ is crazy.


that will be an interesting fight.

and why do you give no chance to Gomi on beating BJ?
bert89coupe is offline  
post #16 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 01:59 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
He didn't beat him the first time he fought him, no reason to think he would the 2nd time.

Gomi was the most protected fighter ever over in Japan by the promotions he fought for. For proof look at the Diaz overturned decision.
Nate is offline  
post #17 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 02:03 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
He didn't beat him the first time he fought him, no reason to think he would the 2nd time.

Gomi was the most protected fighter ever over in Japan by the promotions he fought for. For proof look at the Diaz overturned decision.


oh, i never knew they had fought before. That's why i asked.


and i've heard that alot about Japan protecting their own fighters during the Pride days
bert89coupe is offline  
post #18 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Scared s**tless
 
DON SVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas City Hall, SKYPING
Posts: 15,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
Rashad didn't gas, he just got caught by Silva's heavy hands. I'm glad Rashad won because now we will see him fight Rampage. Should be a great fight with alot of smack talk.
I was highly annoyed by Rashad this fight.

I understand why he did it... get the decision win, avoid a lot of damage, fight Jackson.

However, for those of us wanting to watch two guys go toe-to-toe who both love to stand and bang, it was a huge letdown. You could just watch Silva get more and more pissed off in the 2nd round, and it came to a head in the third... and it was a slightly off third swing that kept Rashad from going night-night.

As much as I want to see Rampage and Sugar Tits fight, I dearly wanted to see Rashad doing the Stankie Leg with Silva.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
DON SVO is offline  
post #19 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 04:26 PM
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!
 
SS Junk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: under my junk
Posts: 7,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
However, for those of us wanting to watch two guys go toe-to-toe who both love to stand and bang, it was a huge letdown.
I said something like this regarding a Liddell fight a few years ago and got bombarded with many saying "omg ur not a real fan..."

SS Junk is offline  
post #20 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Scared s**tless
 
DON SVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas City Hall, SKYPING
Posts: 15,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk View Post
I said something like this regarding a Liddell fight a few years ago and got bombarded with many saying "omg ur not a real fan..."
I'm a real fan, but I get irritated with some fighters who will push only enough to win, i.e. Sylvia, just to get an outcome... the 'who gives a damn about making it an interesting fight, let's keep the belt' mentality... it's bullshit. I was hoping Evans would be all lizard-eyed again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
DON SVO is offline  
post #21 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 05:27 PM
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!
 
SS Junk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: under my junk
Posts: 7,049
I couldn't agree more.

SS Junk is offline  
post #22 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 10:33 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
that will be an interesting fight.

and why do you give no chance to Gomi on beating BJ?
Yeah, they have fought before. But to add to that, BJ has improved greatly from the fighter he was and Gomi has actually gotten worse. It wouldn't be much of a fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
He didn't beat him the first time he fought him, no reason to think he would the 2nd time.

Gomi was the most protected fighter ever over in Japan by the promotions he fought for. For proof look at the Diaz overturned decision.
Yes sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
I was highly annoyed by Rashad this fight.

I understand why he did it... get the decision win, avoid a lot of damage, fight Jackson.

However, for those of us wanting to watch two guys go toe-to-toe who both love to stand and bang, it was a huge letdown. You could just watch Silva get more and more pissed off in the 2nd round, and it came to a head in the third... and it was a slightly off third swing that kept Rashad from going night-night.

As much as I want to see Rampage and Sugar Tits fight, I dearly wanted to see Rashad doing the Stankie Leg with Silva.

Evans is another one of those love him or hate him guys. I don't paticularily care for his fight style, but it works for him. He's improving everyday and didn't allow himself to get sucked into Silva's taunt of stand and trade at the the end of the third (even though he still got caught, but at least he kept his head about him where he wouldn't have before) Yoda has been an amazing influence on him for sure.

Btw, I call complete BULLSHIT on Rolls giving him his black belt in Gracie BJJ. There is NO WAY he's a black belt level BJJ.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #23 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 10:42 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Who are you to judge vs Rolles?

Not saying it's not eye brow raising but think about this...how well do world class wreslters translate into no gi submissions wrestling/grappling? Evans is world class wrestler and could be a very solid no gi grappler, maybe capable of beating BB's in no gi stuff.
Nate is offline  
post #24 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 11:01 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Who are you to judge vs Rolles?

Not saying it's not eye brow raising but think about this...how well do world class wreslters translate into no gi submissions wrestling/grappling? Evans is world class wrestler and could be a very solid no gi grappler, maybe capable of beating BB's in no gi stuff.
Having seen him roll in first hand in person, he's not a true Gracie BJJ level black belt. He'd get submitted by the typical purple belts all day. I'd say his belt is more of an honorary thing if anything and Gracie's are known to do that when it comes to well known names.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #25 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 12:52 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
LOL, here's a couple of vids of Evans rolling making white belt mistakes.


Black belt my ass. lol.






Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #26 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 08:59 AM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
Magnus is offline  
post #27 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 10:18 AM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
AND it sucks that Henderson went to StrikeForce. I was looking forward to him and Silva fighting again.
bert89coupe is offline  
post #28 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 04:09 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Who are you to judge vs Rolles?

Not saying it's not eye brow raising but think about this...how well do world class wreslters translate into no gi submissions wrestling/grappling? Evans is world class wrestler and could be a very solid no gi grappler, maybe capable of beating BB's in no gi stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
Having seen him roll in first hand in person, he's not a true Gracie BJJ level black belt. He'd get submitted by the typical purple belts all day. I'd say his belt is more of an honorary thing if anything and Gracie's are known to do that when it comes to well known names.
Not saying I agree with it at all, but yeah this isn't to surprising to see this come out now.

GracieFighter.com:


GF- Rashad Evans recently was promoted by Rolles Gracie to Blackbelt. Any thoughts?


Renzo- It was a recognition from Rolles that Rashad should compete in the highest categories of gi-less grappling competitions. In the Gi-less World Championships for example you cannot compete in the Blackbelt division no matter how long you've been grappling unless a certified instructor gives you a belt for that division. Can I say that Rashad has worked his way up in the correct belt order with a gi? Of course not and I don't think as a pro fighter he will be doing gi tournaments anytime soon. I differentiate between gi and gi-less and apparently Rolles found him ready for the belt in gi-less. I don't think you should give someone a belt in a locker room. Not sure if that was Rolles' idea.

GF-As far as Rolles training at Greg Jackson's, is there a new alliance of some sort and has Rolles joined Jackson's team?
Nate is offline  
post #29 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 04:31 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
First, let me say I love Gracie JJ, the traditions and the warrior mentality. Also, it is in fact, Rolles right to promote whom he feels fit to as a ranking member of GBJJ.

However, with over 600 techniques in GBJJ and a great number of them requiring the use of a Gi and it's manipulation, it is in fact impossible for you and I to go through GBJJ and recieve a BB without learning those techniques. A few select Gracie family members have taken it upon themselves to promote several known names undeservingly so. I stand by my comment that Evans would get tapped by quality purple belts and above in a BJJ format. I understand that is not his application and gi-less is his concentration.

As a BJJ practioner yourself, how do you personally feel about someone just being given a BB while you spend countless hours learning all the small details and the ins and outs of BJJ while he takes the easy road in gi-less just skipping it all?

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #30 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 08:30 AM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
It honestly doesn't matter what someone else's "rank" is to me. I'm a whitebelt...could I go to some McDojo and possibly be a blue belt? Maybe, but would I be a true blue belt? Fuck no.

What matters is what my skill is and what I know and how I apply it to my opponent.

"Belts only cover 2 inches of your ass, the rest you cover yourself"
Nate is offline  
post #31 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 09:07 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Burleson
Posts: 755
Not shit talking to you guys but where I use to train we had some guys go to submission tournaments and win with jiu jitsu video training only. We all trained freestyle and we started training jiu jitsu from videos. One of the guys at an Ultimate Fighter tryout rolled in front of Dana with a brown belt. Needless to say the brown belt got schooled. In 1 minute of rolling he got submitted twice. Myself I was in TaeKwonDo from age 8-18. When I started at white belt I was kicking red belts ass. My cousin was a black belt and by the time I got to yellow I was kicking his also. Saying that though the same thing happened to me. There were many times I was getting my ass kicked by a lower belt. I respect everyone that has done their time to get their color of belt but like said above it is how you apply your skills during a match that counts.

03 Cobra DSGvert
cai
upr/xpipe
magnaflow catback
2.76 pulley
amazon port eaton
billetflow idlers
kwikstang91 is offline  
post #32 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 11:31 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikstang91 View Post
Not shit talking to you guys but where I use to train we had some guys go to submission tournaments and win with jiu jitsu video training only. We all trained freestyle and we started training jiu jitsu from videos. One of the guys at an Ultimate Fighter tryout rolled in front of Dana with a brown belt. Needless to say the brown belt got schooled. In 1 minute of rolling he got submitted twice. Myself I was in TaeKwonDo from age 8-18. When I started at white belt I was kicking red belts ass. My cousin was a black belt and by the time I got to yellow I was kicking his also. Saying that though the same thing happened to me. There were many times I was getting my ass kicked by a lower belt. I respect everyone that has done their time to get their color of belt but like said above it is how you apply your skills during a match that counts.
Holy bullshit...Bahahahaha.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #33 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Burleson
Posts: 755
What are you calling bullshit? Juiced89lx might give you a heads up on some of the guys I am talking about.

03 Cobra DSGvert
cai
upr/xpipe
magnaflow catback
2.76 pulley
amazon port eaton
billetflow idlers
kwikstang91 is offline  
post #34 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Burleson
Posts: 755
Quoted from Sam88 from SEB's thread of paying his debts. "Most everyone feels the same way about you Steve. You have a negative attitude 24-7 online

I would much rather hangout with Seb anyday."



JKD I don't know you well but after reading SEB's thread and seeing how you like to stir shit with a lot of people I just wonder why this attitude. Up above you laughed at my post and I assume it's because you are the only one here that has been around famous UFC fighters? Is it because I said my buddy trains freestyle and submitted a brown belt twice in a minute. I am not trying to get in a pissing match with you. Just realize that your knowledge and training in MMA has you thinking you know more than anyone else in this forum. I have read alot of your post about MMA and agree with a lot you say. Many members on here train and also have the knowledge you have but just do not post about it as much as you do. With that said why do you have a negative attitude around here?

03 Cobra DSGvert
cai
upr/xpipe
magnaflow catback
2.76 pulley
amazon port eaton
billetflow idlers
kwikstang91 is offline  
post #35 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 10:00 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikstang91 View Post
Quoted from Sam88 from SEB's thread of paying his debts. "Most everyone feels the same way about you Steve. You have a negative attitude 24-7 online

I would much rather hangout with Seb anyday."



JKD I don't know you well but after reading SEB's thread and seeing how you like to stir shit with a lot of people I just wonder why this attitude. Up above you laughed at my post and I assume it's because you are the only one here that has been around famous UFC fighters? Is it because I said my buddy trains freestyle and submitted a brown belt twice in a minute. I am not trying to get in a pissing match with you. Just realize that your knowledge and training in MMA has you thinking you know more than anyone else in this forum. I have read alot of your post about MMA and agree with a lot you say. Many members on here train and also have the knowledge you have but just do not post about it as much as you do. With that said why do you have a negative attitude around here?
My comment must have really twisted you to bring this back from the dead, but you shouldn't let it bother you first of all.

But to answer your specific question, anything you read over the internet is open to the readers interpretation. A comment depending on the readers mood or understanding can be taken many different ways at any given time. In my case, most 99% of the time when I make an offsided comment, its extreme sarcasm. My friends here on DFWS who actually know me off board get that. People like Sam and many others who don't know me personally, dont get that. Alot of them are typical Stangers wh just like to add to the mess to make comments to further stir the pot in your everyday average drama thread. At the end of the day, its not really drama though. How many of these people do you actually spend time with on any given day? Not many. My friends (and they know who they are) get my sense of humor, others just want to complain to complain because they take the internet WAY too seriously. I'm just a sarcastic guy who loves to laugh and have a good time.

As far as the MMA/UFC stuff goes, I don't claim or ever have claimed to know more than everyone else. That would be a dumb comment to make in the first place. But there are certain people who do comment on the subject who clearly have no idea what they are talking about. You can tell by certain comments who actually understands whats going on with the technicalities of what is happening and just some armchair warrior who just wants to see a bloodbath and to neanderthals standing "toe to toe" like a couple of idiots.

Now, did I answer your question to your satisfaction?

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #36 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 10:19 AM
Lifer
 
blownaltered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sachse
Posts: 1,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
My comment must have really twisted you to bring this back from the dead, but you shouldn't let it bother you first of all.

But to answer your specific question, anything you read over the internet is open to the readers interpretation. A comment depending on the readers mood or understanding can be taken many different ways at any given time. In my case, most 99% of the time when I make an offsided comment, its extreme sarcasm. My friends here on DFWS who actually know me off board get that. People like Sam and many others who don't know me personally, dont get that. Alot of them are typical Stangers wh just like to add to the mess to make comments to further stir the pot in your everyday average drama thread. At the end of the day, its not really drama though. How many of these people do you actually spend time with on any given day? Not many. My friends (and they know who they are) get my sense of humor, others just want to complain to complain because they take the internet WAY too seriously. I'm just a sarcastic guy who loves to laugh and have a good time.

As far as the MMA/UFC stuff goes, I don't claim or ever have claimed to know more than everyone else. That would be a dumb comment to make in the first place. But there are certain people who do comment on the subject who clearly have no idea what they are talking about. You can tell by certain comments who actually understands whats going on with the technicalities of what is happening and just some armchair warrior who just wants to see a bloodbath and to neanderthals standing "toe to toe" like a couple of idiots.

Now, did I answer your question to your satisfaction?
Boy you are a dick

Photobucket
blownaltered is offline  
post #37 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Burleson
Posts: 755
Your comments did not twist me at all. I waited for you to respond to the comment I had after you decided to laugh at my other post. If it was just sarcasm that is fine. It just did not rub off that way for me when you called it bullshit. It sounded like you thought I was lying in my post.

03 Cobra DSGvert
cai
upr/xpipe
magnaflow catback
2.76 pulley
amazon port eaton
billetflow idlers
kwikstang91 is offline  
post #38 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 10:21 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Boy you are a dick
Blow me Donnie.

Is Sean having a good time with that noise maker I bought him for his bday? Thought of you when I bought it. LOL

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #39 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Lifer
 
blownaltered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sachse
Posts: 1,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
Blow me Donnie.

Is Sean having a good time with that noise maker I bought him for his bday? Thought of you when I bought it. LOL
Little shit brings that thing out in the living room and you can't even hear yourself think. So I make him play with it in his bedroom.

Photobucket
blownaltered is offline  
post #40 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 10:27 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikstang91 View Post
Your comments did not twist me at all. I waited for you to respond to the comment I had after you decided to laugh at my other post. If it was just sarcasm that is fine. It just did not rub off that way for me when you called it bullshit. It sounded like you thought I was lying in my post.
Does it really matter what I think in your day to day life? No.


Do I think the comment was funny and most likely not true or missing some other element of the story? Yes.

It was hilarious to even think about some guy with no real experience to watch a couple of videos and then go tap out brown belts and above.

If it's true, ok fine. I personally find it difficult to beleive. But that just goes back to it doesnt matter what I think to you.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #41 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 10:43 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Burleson
Posts: 755
I did not say he watched a couple of vids and then kicked some brown belts ass. I said that is how he got started. He has trained a lot since then in different areas of MMA but has never held a belt in Jiu Jitsu. I know you find it difficult to believe because you are the KING with a crown because you tapped a guy that has never trained MMA. I know what you think should not matter but you questioned my post being true. Now you are saying their might be some truth to it so which is it? You call holy bullshit first and now saying it could be true but who cares? Well you cared enough to call bullshit.

03 Cobra DSGvert
cai
upr/xpipe
magnaflow catback
2.76 pulley
amazon port eaton
billetflow idlers
kwikstang91 is offline  
post #42 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 10:44 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Little shit brings that thing out in the living room and you can't even hear yourself think. So I make him play with it in his bedroom.
Bahahhahaha justice!

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #43 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 10:53 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikstang91 View Post
I did not say he watched a couple of vids and then kicked some brown belts ass. I said that is how he got started. He has trained a lot since then in different areas of MMA but has never held a belt in Jiu Jitsu. I know you find it difficult to believe because you are the KING with a crown because you tapped a guy that has never trained MMA. I know what you think should not matter but you questioned my post being true. Now you are saying their might be some truth to it so which is it? You call holy bullshit first and now saying it could be true but who cares? Well you cared enough to call bullshit.
Are you just looking for an arguement or something? Did you forget about sarcasm thing already?

You're twisted over nothing and taking one little fact you know about me . I train six days a week in BJJ/MMA now. The guy everyone saw in that video tapping that moron SEB is long gone. I've MUCH further improved, in better shape and still improving in all aspects. Does that make me "king"? LOL, hardly. There are guys on this board who could tap me I'm sure. I'm not arrogant enough to believe otherwise.

I just realized something, are you calling me "king" because of that crown at the end of the video? Do you realize that was me making fun of ME and poking fun at SEB? It was because of all his Burger King and fat jokes. He went and trained with Marcus Hicks for six months for those fights. I didn't train a single day and had a bowl of ice cream the night before. Trust me, I didn't take it all that serious. LOL.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #44 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 10:54 AM
Bitter Italian
 
Wario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: On the mat.
Posts: 6,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
Does it really matter what I think in your day to day life?

It was hilarious to even think about some guy with no real experience to watch a couple of videos and then go tap out brown belts and above.
Evan Tanner.

And Kwikstang is legit.
Wario is offline  
post #45 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 10:59 AM
Lifer
 
blownaltered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sachse
Posts: 1,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikstang91 View Post
I did not say he watched a couple of vids and then kicked some brown belts ass. I said that is how he got started. He has trained a lot since then in different areas of MMA but has never held a belt in Jiu Jitsu. I know you find it difficult to believe because you are the KING with a crown because you tapped a guy that has never trained MMA. I know what you think should not matter but you questioned my post being true. Now you are saying their might be some truth to it so which is it? You call holy bullshit first and now saying it could be true but who cares? Well you cared enough to call bullshit.
I know where JKD is coming from on this. I've trained bjj with a few members on this board and gone to a class or two, so I have a concept of what to do ( a small concept but still a concept ). Against somebody that has never trained I have the advantage but against a brown belt I am his bitch. It sucks to be tapped out by guys that weigh 100lbs less than you (its down right embarrising ), but they actually have trained for years with experienced people. So to say somebody with no training is tapping out brown belts is a little hard to believe. Not trying to stick up for JKD on this but it is a little hard to swallow.

Not saying it can't happen just saying it wouldn't be the norm.

Photobucket
blownaltered is offline  
post #46 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 11:11 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post
Evan Tanner.

And Kwikstang is legit.
I respect Nick, so I'll take you at your word Kwikstang. I won't question it further.

But if you think about it from my angle, if someone on DFWS told you that someone they knew watched some videos and was schooling brown belts, wouldn't you kinda laugh it off considering where the discussion is taking place?

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #47 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 11:15 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Burleson
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
Are you just looking for an arguement or something? Did you forget about sarcasm thing already?

You're twisted over nothing and taking one little fact you know about me . I train six days a week in BJJ/MMA now. The guy everyone saw in that video tapping that moron SEB is long gone. I've MUCH further improved, in better shape and still improving in all aspects. Does that make me "king"? LOL, hardly. There are guys on this board who could tap me I'm sure. I'm not arrogant enough to believe otherwise.

I just realized something, are you calling me "king" because of that crown at the end of the video? Do you realize that was me making fun of ME and poking fun at SEB? It was because of all his Burger King and fat jokes. He went and trained with Marcus Hicks for six months for those fights. I didn't train a single day and had a bowl of ice cream the night before. Trust me, I didn't take it all that serious. LOL.

Well then I apologize for the King thing. I only read about the fight in the bet thread. Also I did not know he had any training at all. From what I read he was just a hot headed guy that picked a fight with you. My point to make was it does not matter what belt or experience anyone has although it is an advantage.

Does anyone know a good MMA school in Burleson or close to it? It has been 3 long years for me and I need to get back in to shape.

03 Cobra DSGvert
cai
upr/xpipe
magnaflow catback
2.76 pulley
amazon port eaton
billetflow idlers
kwikstang91 is offline  
post #48 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 11:24 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikstang91 View Post
Well then I apologize for the King thing. I only read about the fight in the bet thread. Also I did not know he had any training at all. From what I read he was just a hot headed guy that picked a fight with you. My point to make was it does not matter what belt or experience anyone has although it is an advantage.

Does anyone know a good MMA school in Burleson or close to it? It has been 3 long years for me and I need to get back in to shape.
No apology necessary, it's DFWS after all.


As far as Burleson goes, I can't help you much with that as I don't know anything about the city. Have you checked Txmma.com for schools in your area? They have a pretty good list of schools broken down by areas, but are slow to update it at times so it maybe incomplete.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #49 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Burleson
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
I know where JKD is coming from on this. I've trained bjj with a few members on this board and gone to a class or two, so I have a concept of what to do ( a small concept but still a concept ). Against somebody that has never trained I have the advantage but against a brown belt I am his bitch. It sucks to be tapped out by guys that weigh 100lbs less than you (its down right embarrising ), but they actually have trained for years with experienced people. So to say somebody with no training is tapping out brown belts is a little hard to believe. Not trying to stick up for JKD on this but it is a little hard to swallow.

Not saying it can't happen just saying it wouldn't be the norm.
I never said no training though. What I said was we started out training using videos. Nobody I trained with at the time had any type of belt but me. Two of the guys liked to just do submission tournaments and would lose some and win some. This was after about a year of training and going from camp to camp learning all types of martial arts but never holding any color of belt. Our camp became a freestyle type as we trained in everything as almost everyone does now a days. Anyway I guess my post came off as no training and what I meant was no one till this day at that gym has a jiu jitsu belt but have tapped out many of them.

03 Cobra DSGvert
cai
upr/xpipe
magnaflow catback
2.76 pulley
amazon port eaton
billetflow idlers
kwikstang91 is offline  
post #50 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Bitter Italian
 
Wario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: On the mat.
Posts: 6,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
I respect Nick, so I'll take you at your word Kwikstang. I won't question it further.

But if you think about it from my angle, if someone on DFWS told you that someone they knew watched some videos and was schooling brown belts, wouldn't you kinda laugh it off considering where the discussion is taking place?
For the most part I just blow it off. I run into enough people that talk a big game that I just say to myself, water off a ducks ass. The mat wont lie, and a belt is not big enough to cover your ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikstang91 View Post

Does anyone know a good MMA school in Burleson or close to it? It has been 3 long years for me and I need to get back in to shape.
Not sure about mma but this guy was/is a training partner with my coach. He's got game, I dont know much about his team though.
http://www.evolvebjj.com/
Wario is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome