At least Roy Williams gets it....... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

At least Roy Williams gets it.......

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=4782343

......says he'll end up on special teams if he doesn't catch the damn ball............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by stock85 View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=4782343

......says he'll end up on special teams if he doesn't catch the damn ball............
Roy was actually a player who i thought would be badass in the NFL..
He should have actually got it last year that he needs to work harder.
It's not gonna go be good when he drops crucial balls in the playoff.

He's been shit since he's joined us.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 05:15 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky View Post
Roy was actually a player who i thought would be badass in the NFL..
He should have actually got it last year that he needs to work harder.
It's not gonna go be good when he drops crucial balls in the playoff.

He's been shit since he's joined us.
It kills me, but you're right.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 06:58 PM
Lifer

Get rid of him. Roy "Rubberhands" Williams

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 07:23 PM
blank

We played on the same team in Jr High, true story.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 08:18 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0LiterRiceEater View Post
We played on the same team in Jr High, true story.
Could he catch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 09:11 PM
blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
Could he catch?

No, Chris Finch was our only good reciver.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0LiterRiceEater View Post
No, Chris Finch was our only good reciver.
lol figures.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 10:56 PM
Old School

Guy was a beast when he played at Texas. Not sure what got into him. At least he is admitting its his own damn fault instead of the BS he was spatting earlier in the year.

edit: turn off your sound. vid made in 2007 at the hight of soulja boy FTL

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 09:11 AM
Lifer

All that video shows me is he can't break tackles and he loves going out of bounds. It's funny how it was so much easier to beat players that were half a foot shorter and 50 lbs lighter than him.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 09:30 AM
Lifer

Can i get a copy/paste of article? Websense owns me at work.

Don't talk about it! Be about it!
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 09:33 AM
dead

his statement is refreshing to hear from the mouth of a WR.
good first step. now just get out there and fix your hands.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 09:33 AM
dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRK5 View Post
IRVING, Texas -- A few days after saying he would perform better if given more opportunities, Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Roy Williams reversed field.

Williams said Wednesday that the onus is on him to earn more opportunities. He has only one catch in each of the past two games, during which he has failed to catch four passes that hit him in the hands.

More on the Cowboys
Calvin Watkins and Tim MacMahon have the Cowboys blanketed for ESPNDallas.com. Check in with their constantly updated coverage. Blog

Quarterback Tony Romo threw only seven passes to Williams in wins over the New Orleans Saints and Washington Redskins.

Romo's only interception of December was a ball that ricocheted off Williams' hands to Redskins safety Reed Doughty. After Williams dropped a perfect throw during a two-minute drill before halftime, Romo didn't look his way again Sunday night.

"You know I have to get the confidence of my quarterback, because I didn't get a look after the first half," Williams said. "I didn't get a look in the second half. That's telling me that my quarterback has lost confidence in me, and so has the coordinator as far as calling plays for me.

"That's not on them. I don't blame them. I blame myself. I've got to get my crap together and try to help this team win some games in the playoffs."

Owner/general manager Jerry Jones does not agree that Romo and offensive coordinator Jason Garrett have lost confidence in Williams.

"I don't believe that is the case at all," Jones said. "On a personal basis and on a professional basis, I have not [lost confidence in Williams]. I know the kinds of plays he is capable of making and can make. I think we will see those as we go into Philadelphia and the playoffs. So I feel very good that he is on our team and out there with a chance to make plays."

If Jones expressed a lack of confidence in Williams, it'd be a confession that last season's blockbuster deal with Detroit was a colossal mistake. The Cowboys gave up first-, third- and sixth-round picks for Williams and a sixth-rounder, then signed the receiver to a five-year, $45 million extension.

Head coach Wade Phillips praised Williams earlier this week by saying he "played really hard," but Williams acknowledges that he has been a disappointment since arriving in Dallas.

Williams had only 19 catches for 198 yards and a touchdown in 10 games for the Cowboys last season. He was expected to replace Terrell Owens as the Cowboys' No. 1 receiver this season, but his struggles have continued while Miles Austin morphed into a Pro Bowler.

Williams, who has 38 catches for 596 yards and seven touchdowns, has 10 drops this season, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. No one has more. According to Stats Inc., Williams has caught only 44.7 percent of the passes thrown to him, which is the sixth-worst percentage among receivers who have been targeted at least 50 times. He admitted that he's been pressing when passes come his way.

"If I make the opportunities in my favor, make the plays, make the three or four plays a game, then that will relate to maybe five the next game," said Williams, who vows to catch 100 balls from the pitching machine after practice every day this week. "Make those and that relates to eight or nine the next game. Then, boom, there we go.

"But if I continue to do the things that I've been doing, then I'm going to mess around and be on the sideline, playing special teams."
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 09:35 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRK5 View Post
You can't even get into espn.com? Wow that sucks.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 11:09 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
All that video shows me is he can't break tackles and he loves going out of bounds. It's funny how it was so much easier to beat players that were half a foot shorter and 50 lbs lighter than him.

Haven't watched the vid yet, but ??? Roy is a possession receiver. Always has been. That's what they do (catch and run out, or go down). Dallas doesn't need him to be a big play wr. They just need him to catch the goddamn ball.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 11:28 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Haven't watched the vid yet, but ??? Roy is a possession receiver. Always has been. That's what they do (catch and run out, or go down). Dallas doesn't need him to be a big play wr. They just need him to catch the goddamn ball.
True, he is a possession receive, even on the clip he showed no real explosiveness. I really wonder what Dallas fans thought he was coming in. I didn't expect him to be a burner, but I really was hoping we would see some more down the field action out of him than this. Irvin couldn't burn anyone and was the prototypical possession receiver, and you still saw some down the field action out of him.

It is still funny watching him throw around guys so much smaller than him.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 12:02 PM
dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
True, he is a possession receive, even on the clip he showed no real explosiveness. I really wonder what Dallas fans thought he was coming in. I didn't expect him to be a burner, but I really was hoping we would see some more down the field action out of him than this. Irvin couldn't burn anyone and was the prototypical possession receiver, and you still saw some down the field action out of him.

It is still funny watching him throw around guys so much smaller than him.
i thought i remember him being a big receiver with good hands who made highlight catches in the corner of end zones while keeping feet in bounds.

obviously i was wrong.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 01:21 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo stallion View Post
i thought i remember him being a big receiver with good hands who made highlight catches in the corner of end zones while keeping feet in bounds.

obviously i was wrong.
I remember seeing those highlights too. He must have been taking steroids or something.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 10:03 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

fuck special teams, if he keeps dropping passes he'll be selling pre-owned cars in HOdessa!

07 NNBS Sierra V-max
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 10:59 PM
Lifer

what a bust he is.
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 01:35 PM
CHAMPION

after watching the video and playing college football, He was playing with a attitude and confidence in college... The thing with the league is you have to stay HUNGRY to be great. People like Brian Dawkins, always hungry to be the best. Most these great college players go to the league get the BIG CHECK then they lose all the desire to DOMINATE like they did in college. Just like KEN HAMLIN, He was being a badass trying to make a name for himself, he got the BIG DEAL and I havent heard his damn name all year..

Anyways... Roy cant dominate NFL players like he could in college. Gotta work WAY HARD to be able to do it! He's been paid he isnt going to work more than he has too...

CB-Jenkins has turned into a BADASS CORNER if you ask me! BEST IMPROVED PLAYER FROM LAST YEAR!

2006 GSX-R 1000
2001 Mustang Bullitt
1992 Mustang Coupe
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt3246 View Post
after watching the video and playing college football, He was playing with a attitude and confidence in college... The thing with the league is you have to stay HUNGRY to be great. People like Brian Dawkins, always hungry to be the best. Most these great college players go to the league get the BIG CHECK then they lose all the desire to DOMINATE like they did in college. Just like KEN HAMLIN, He was being a badass trying to make a name for himself, he got the BIG DEAL and I havent heard his damn name all year..

Anyways... Roy cant dominate NFL players like he could in college. Gotta work WAY HARD to be able to do it! He's been paid he isnt going to work more than he has too...

CB-Jenkins has turned into a BADASS CORNER if you ask me! BEST IMPROVED PLAYER FROM LAST YEAR!
The Cowboys have a few players who were hungry and played good, then slacked off once they got the big check from Jerry.

92 5.0 LX hatch

post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 12:18 PM
wassup gangstas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt3246 View Post

if you watch hamlin he is still the same he was before and a very good saftey. the difference was when he first came we didn't have a good saftey next to him (which we have a pretty decent one now) and we didn't have two very good corners we had one that was hurt that season. he doesn't have to make the same plays now that he used to...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement