Mike Leach Suspended - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Mike Leach Suspended

They just reported this on ESPN 2 before the A&M/Georgia game.

Texas Tech has suspended Leach for treatment of an injured player.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 04:25 PM
Fear the Stashe

guess he'll go hang out with his fat girlfriends now
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 04:43 PM
CEO of......

i can't decide if this is bad coaching or a player being a bit of a pansy. Of course, it would help if i knew the story

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 04:55 PM
CEO of......

evidently Leach made James sit 2 or 3 times in an equipment carrier/box on the sidelines during practice b/c James was wearing sunglasses due to his sensitivity to light (from the concussion). What a dumbass.

this is what i'm reading on other sites that this is the reason. Talking about Adam James, Craig James son
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Lifer

Probably "Nick"...LOL!

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Probably "Nick"...LOL!
Not hardly. Potts wears "Nick" out of endearment for his coach...Its not him. As mentioned earlier, speculation in the blogs is that it is Adam James but who knows at this point. What ever happened to "Innocent until proven guilty"? I am afraid that Leach is going to get done like Mangino.....Guilty or not, Leach is done at Tech.
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

It's official, the wussification of America has now entered football.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 06:10 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&T's 82 View Post
Not hardly. Potts wears "Nick" out of endearment for his coach...Its not him. As mentioned earlier, speculation in the blogs is that it is Adam James but who knows at this point. What ever happened to "Innocent until proven guilty"? I am afraid that Leach is going to get done like Mangino.....Guilty or not, Leach is done at Tech.
Leach is a pain in their ass. He's not exactly a PR king, and I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't looking for a reason to send him on his way, after his contract fiasco last year.

post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 06:11 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8 View Post
It's official, the wussification of America has now entered football.
As far as I'm concerned, it happened many years ago when Woody Hayes got caught clocking a player on the sidelines of an Ohio State/ Michigan game...about 30 years ago.

post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Lifer

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, it happened many years ago when Woody Hayes got caught clocking a player on the sidelines of an Ohio State/ Michigan game...about 30 years ago.
All of the kids in college and alot in the pro's have also been on teams where every kid and every team gets a trophy even when they don't win. It's been happening on many different levels for awhile now.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

ďAn armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.Ē
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Clown

Quote:
Leach is a pain in their ass. He's not exactly a PR king, and I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't looking for a reason to send him on his way, after his contract fiasco last year.
I have a feeling Leach is going to walk away with more than the 400K through 2013 clause.

So who will be the new Tech coach next year...Sonny Dykes, Sumlin, Art Briles, Mike Stoops?
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 11:37 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

WTF? OK, I think Leach was in the wrong but not "indefinitely suspended" wrong. What a load of horse shit.

I have to agree with Studly, fuck you Craig James. If it wasn't HIS son, we'd be looking at a verbal reprimand at best.
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 06:39 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
WTF? OK, I think Leach was in the wrong but not "indefinitely suspended" wrong. What a load of horse shit.

I have to agree with Studly, fuck you Craig James. If it wasn't HIS son, we'd be looking at a verbal reprimand at best.
Different circumstances, but it reminds me of the Chris Sims/Phil Sims "visit" to UT. Pro athlete dad's are such cry-babies.

post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 09:53 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Different circumstances, but it reminds me of the Chris Sims/Phil Sims "visit" to UT. Pro athlete dad's are such cry-babies.
Tru Dat.
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 02:31 PM
Lifer

well he is mad cause his son finally came out the closet "fag" now why take it out on leach?

1995 cobra bolt ons red with black cloth 1.76 60'

13.27 at 102.83 6123' air ... in shop getting procharged d1sc canfield heads etc etc
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 03:46 PM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy

Who ordered the "Code Shed". Classic!

Gerald Meyers (Tech AD): *Coach Leach, did you order the Code Shed?*
Kent Hance: You *donít* have to answer that question!
Coach Leach: Iíll answer the question!
[to Meyers]
Coach Leach: You want answers?
Meyers: I think Iím entitled.
Coach Leach: *You want answers?*
Meyers: *I want the truth!*
Coach Leach: *You canít handle the truth!*
[pauses]
Coach Leach: Son, we live in a world that has sidelines, and those sidelines have to be guarded by pirates with swords. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Meyers? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for James, and you curse the Pirates. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Jamesís small shed, while tragic, probably saved games. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves games. You donít want the truth because deep down in places you donít talk about at parties with your fat little girlfriends, you want me on those sidelines, you need me on those sidelines. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very bowl games that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a sword, and stand a post. Either way, I donít give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
Meyers: Did you order the Code Shed?
Coach Leach: I did the job IÖ
Meyers: *Did you order the Code Shed?*
Coach Leach: *Youíre G**damned right I did!*

Texas Tech Coach Leach SuspendedÖ.
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 03:50 PM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy

I'm hearing that Adam James wanted to transfer to SMU without losing any eligibility, but Leach wouldn't sign off on that. After the request was denied is when the allegations were made. Sounds like James is a spoiled Prima Donna jack ass and Tech made a real puss move suspending Leach. If I was Leach I'd tell Tech to Fuck Off and go find another job. Before Leach, a mediocre year was a good year for Tech. To suspend him indefinitely over this shows a lack of gratitude by Tech.
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 04:27 PM
CEO of......

when the truth comes out, it ought to be interesting
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 05:32 PM
Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
when the truth comes out, it ought to be interesting
Either way though Leach is gone and the school will lose countless millions from ticket sales and donations.
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 08:26 PM
Lifer

I saw a blurb on ESPN that said Leach's attorney is seeking an injunction that will allow him to coach in the bowl game. It also said that Leach and his attorney think that Tech officials will seek to fire him because of this incident.

post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Back To Normal

Quote:
I saw a blurb on ESPN that said Leach's attorney is seeking an injunction that will allow him to coach in the bowl game. It also said that Leach and his attorney think that Tech officials will seek to fire him because of this incident.
Basically the wave has come in. This has been a long time coming for those that follow Tech football. After the dust settles either Leach is gone or AD Gerald Myers is. I would be thoroughly surprised if this was dusted under the rug and everyone stayed in place.

By my comment earlier about the wave coming in. A few facts for those that don't follow Tech football. If Leach is still the coach on Dec. 31 he will get an 800k bonus. Now factor in the highly public and nasty standoff after last year’s season over contract terms that ultimately forced Kent Hance to step in and tell Gerald Myers to shut it and give Leach what he wants. Everyone knew there was already a difference of opinions between the Coach and AD. Now these allegations get splattered around by the media and because off the "clout" Craig James has he went directly to the AD before talking to Coach or anyone else at which time Gerald Myers issued the suspension without any proof besides an analyst and his sons word. Then Gerald promptly went behind closed doors with this whole issue to let the media blow it up to as big of an issue as they wanted. Now Leach is filing a restraining order to let him Coach (and I quote) HIS team in the bowl game. Doesn't sound like a good working relationship does it.

If everything comes to light and it turns out that Leach was not in the wrong and the James family has egg on their face. Then the focus will be put back on Gerald Myers because he will at that point been involved in two very public and very negative incidents with the Coach that has impacted TTU badly.

So if this thing was blown out of proportion. My bet is that Myers will be asked to leave soon after that because let’s face it, Leach has done a hell of a lot more to help Lubbock and the University when it comes to $$$$ then Myers has.

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.

Last edited by 2001 GT; 12-29-2009 at 09:21 PM.
post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 09:20 PM
Lifer

In my opinion ( a humble one at that), it's bullshit to "suspend" a coach at the end of the season to keep him out of a bowl game. If you want to fire him afterwards, fine, but you're only hurting the school and the team if you suspend him for the last game of the year.

It's all because he wouldn't write and sign a letter of apology to the James family, from what I understand.

post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 09:32 PM
Lifer

So what has Leach done at TT that is so wonderful? How many Big 12 titles, national titles, etc. does he have?

< --- doesn't follow TT football at all.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

ďAn armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.Ē
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 09:36 PM
Back To Normal

Quote:
In my opinion ( a humble one at that), it's bullshit to "suspend" a coach at the end of the season to keep him out of a bowl game. If you want to fire him afterwards, fine, but you're only hurting the school and the team if you suspend him for the last game of the year.

It's all because he wouldn't write and sign a letter of apology to the James family, from what I understand.
Leach is a stubborn mofo that's for sure! He wouldn't write or sign the letter because he didn't think he did anything wrong and has stated that. Couple that with the fact the physician that diagnosed James said what Leach did would not have harmed him and was probably the best thing for him given the options. Leach said... I'm not going to tuck tail.

post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Back To Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
So what has Leach done at TT that is so wonderful? How many Big 12 titles, national titles, etc. does he have?

Psssst....Big XII South Co-Champ last year...

In all seriousness I now itís not much but something. Along with a winning record every year he has coached. Several ranked seasons. Bowl game every year. Itís all about dollar signs and Leach has kept Tech consistently competitive since he has been there. He has also raised the average ticket sales hand over fist resulting in several sold out games that before him would not have been. Not to mention the stadium has gone through three...yes three expansions totaling close to or over 100 million dollars since he has been there. Point is he has brought the publicity and the money has come with it and all of the University and the city of Lubbock as benefited from it.

post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Lifer

Quote:

No titles I know of. I think Tech was a co-champ of the SWC in '94 (or around there).

*edit*--- As stated above, Big 12 co-champs last year.

Last edited by Vertnut; 12-30-2009 at 06:37 AM.
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 01:48 AM
Lifer

I just made adam james his alamo bowl jersey you know how leach likes nick names

1995 cobra bolt ons red with black cloth 1.76 60'

13.27 at 102.83 6123' air ... in shop getting procharged d1sc canfield heads etc etc
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 06:04 AM
Time Served

Go on facebook and leave Adam James a little message I did!

"I drank What!?" Socrates

1991 Miata (daily driver)
1991 SCCA Spec Miata #22
2000 F250 Turbo Diesel (Tow Mule)
2007 Saleen SC281 (Open Road Racer)
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy532 View Post
i just made adam james his alamo bowl jersey you know how leach likes nick names
lol
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:

Did you ever hear anything great about the Spike Dykes TT teams?

Bob Knight and Mike Leach both put Lubbock on the national sports map.
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 09:30 AM
CEO of......

if Leach hasn't done a damn thing wrong, isn't it kinda weird that we haven't heard him say anything to defend himself? He talks none stop and now when it seems like he should, he's not.
post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 09:31 AM
CEO of......

Plus, even if he's not fired, WHY would he want to stay there now knowing that he's not wanted??
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 09:56 AM
Back To Normal

Bert, read post #23.

post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 10:09 AM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001 GT View Post
Bert, read post #23.

i did, i still find it odd that HE himelf hasn't come out on tv and said anything, that's all.
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 10:17 AM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly View Post
that is because he isn't stupid. this has turned into a legal battle now and he is keeping his mouth shut. how many coaches would file a restraining order so they can coach their team maybe one last time?

none, unless said coach planned on leaving and didn't want this to hinder his next hiring. Which doesn't look like the case here apparently
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Back To Normal

A look at the "shed" and electrical closet James was put in.

Link

post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 10:47 AM
Back To Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
i did, i still find it odd that HE himelf hasn't come out on tv and said anything, that's all.
Well as Studly said, this has become a legal battle and almost isnít about Leach versus James an longer but Leach versus Myers. Leach has a law degree. He knows what he should and shouldn't do at this time.

Besides, who is he going to make a public announcement to? The only place where he could hope to maximize publicity is ESPN and do you think they wouldn't try to rake him over the coals to protect their own analyst? I guarantee he wouldnít get the same scripted questions and answers C James got last night.

post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 11:21 AM
Lifer

How come other players didn't come out against Leach, (a la Mangino) if this is really a problem? If a coach is abusive, it's not going to be just one player. He's been there damn near 10 years, and there should be ex-players coming out of the woodwork if this is truly an issue.

I don't care for Leach at all, but I think he's being railroaded by an AD that ate some crow last year during contract negotiations. I respect the program at Tech ( I kind of liked ol' Spike) and the Texas kids that play there year in and year out.

post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 03:09 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001 GT View Post
Psssst....Big XII South Co-Champ last year...

In all seriousness I now itís not much but something. Along with a winning record every year he has coached. Several ranked seasons. Bowl game every year. Itís all about dollar signs and Leach has kept Tech consistently competitive since he has been there. He has also raised the average ticket sales hand over fist resulting in several sold out games that before him would not have been. Not to mention the stadium has gone through three...yes three expansions totaling close to or over 100 million dollars since he has been there. Point is he has brought the publicity and the money has come with it and all of the University and the city of Lubbock as benefited from it.
Okay, he is the RC SLocum for TT then. I get it.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

Sponsored Links
Advertisement