Who's going to the Philly vs. Boys game? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Who's going to the Philly vs. Boys game?

I of course will be there! Game got moved to 3:15pm. Who knows the best place to park/tailgate????

Tons on the line in this one. Both teams are in the playoffs so seeding is all that matters. Eagles have a chance at the #2 seed or host the Boys in Philly on Wildcard weekend, Boys have a chance to host the Eagles in the Wild Card weekend with a win. Crazy!

Go EAGLES, bring on the haters.......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Lifer

The Eagles suck....enjoy the ass pounding.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 10:31 AM
Lifer

Go COWBOYS!!!

Don't talk about it! Be about it!

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 10:39 AM
Lifer

GO COWBOYS!

I'm working on getting tickets as we speak.. if anyone knows of some for a decent price, let me know (Must be on the Cowboys side )
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 10:43 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
GO COWBOYS!

I'm working on getting tickets as we speak.. if anyone knows of some for a decent price, let me know (Must be on the Cowboys side )
....WUT????

It's the fucking cowboys Stadium....this isn't Tex/OU weekend or a highschool game. There is not a fucking Eagles side in the stadium.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 10:44 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
....WUT????

It's the fucking cowboys Stadium....this isn't Tex/OU weekend or a highschool game. There is not a fucking Eagles side in the stadium.
LMAO I was thinking the same thing. I think the eagles seats are at Texas Stadium.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 10:44 AM
Lifer

Quote:
....WUT????

haha I know but i want to sit behind the Cowboys
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
GO COWBOYS!

Good luck with that shit, lol. I've been to every Eagles game here since I moved down here. It is tempting to sell mine for the cash I could get for em, but no way, I love my team too much.

Wish it was another knock out game, but both teams are in the playoffs. I'd love to see Minnesota lose and the Eagles get a bye week with a win

I got front row in section 347, endzone view, should be a great time. I just need advice on where to park and tailgate, etc.......

post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 10:47 AM
AHMO!

Cowboys have a shot at the # 2 seed if Minn drops both, they beat the Eagles and Arizona loses lol.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Cowboys have a shot at the # 2 seed if Minn drops both, they beat the Eagles and Arizona loses lol.
And a partridge in a pear tree........

Shit man it can happen though. The Eagles needed a miracle last year just to have a chance at the playoffs and it happened. Ya never know.......

post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Lifer

Make sure you get this seat. You should enjoy the game in that 20 yards of the field.

Photobucket
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Resident Epicurean

I'd honestly prefer the Cowboys lose this one. As evidenced by Dallas in 2006, it is damn near impossible to beat a team three times in the same year. The likelihood of them meeting again on the playoffs is very high.
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
I'd honestly prefer the Cowboys lose this one. As evidenced by Dallas in 2006, it is damn near impossible to beat a team three times in the same year. The likelihood of them meeting again on the playoffs is very high.
x2 on that. I have been thinking this all morning. What is more important? A division title, or a playoff win.......
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 11:08 AM
Lifer

Wish i was going, but GO EAGLES!!!

Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLilPony
If you call me, I'll have phone sex with you.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue302stang View Post
Wish i was going, but GO EAGLES!!!
Now we're talking!!!!!

post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
x2 on that. I have been thinking this all morning. What is more important? A division title, or a playoff win.......
Probably a win where you might have a chance at a first round bye and homefield advantage. But hey I know how you cowboy fans think, not too brightly.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
Probably a win where you might have a chance at a first round bye and homefield advantage. But hey I know how you cowboy fans think, not too brightly.
Right, the Cowboys winning does help get a first round bye and homefield advantage. But really, what are the chances of the Cowboys winning, Arizona losing, and Minnesota losing there last two games?? Chances are, we will end up playing philly in the wild card round, which pretty much means we would have to beat them 3 times this season if we win this week. The chances of us beating philly 3 times this year is a lot lower than us getting the bye if we win.
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
im with you on that one. I just dont wanna show off to much of our schemes.
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 11:36 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
Right, the Cowboys winning does help get a first round bye and homefield advantage. But really, what are the chances of the Cowboys winning, Arizona losing, and Minnesota losing there last two games?? Chances are, we will end up playing philly in the wild card round, which pretty much means we would have to beat them 3 times this season if we win this week. The chances of us beating philly 3 times this year is a lot lower than us getting the bye if we win.
You never know in this league this year. Weird things have happen. I just figure fans of their team would want them to win if they have a chance even a slim chance at a first round bye. But I hope the eagles and cowboys play in the playoff cause I think it would be the best game in the entire playoff including the super bowl.

post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 11:44 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
You never know in this league this year. Weird things have happen. I just figure fans of their team would want them to win if they have a chance even a slim chance at a first round bye. But I hope the eagles and cowboys play in the playoff cause I think it would be the best game in the entire playoff including the super bowl.
It's not that I don't want them to win. I do.

But the Eagles know the Cowboys and their schemes better than everyone else outside of the NFCE. And just like two years ago, they beat NY both times during the season, then lost in the first round. Those types of scenarios play hell on both teams. It's very difficult to beat any team, three times in the same yer, much less when it's A division rival. Then you add in how evenly matched these teams are, and it gets even more difficult. I'd like to see them sit their starters, and play the backups. Even with Choice carrying the load, and ogletree being the #1 WR option, Dallas would still have a chance.

It's not that I don't want them to win. It's that I want Dallas to make a run in the playoffs. They don't have to go to the SB either, nor am I claiming they will. But I want at least 1 win and them in the NFC Championship would be nice.
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 11:50 AM
Lifer

Quote:
It's not that I don't want them to win. I do.

But the Eagles know the Cowboys and their schemes better than everyone else outside of the NFCE. And just like two years ago, they beat NY both times during the season, then lost in the first round. Those types of scenarios play hell on both teams. It's very difficult to beat any team, three times in the same yer, much less when it's A division rival. Then you add in how evenly matched these teams are, and it gets even more difficult. I'd like to see them sit their starters, and play the backups. Even with Choice carrying the load, and ogletree being the #1 WR option, Dallas would still have a chance.

It's not that I don't want them to win. It's that I want Dallas to make a run in the playoffs. They don't have to go to the SB either, nor am I claiming they will. But I want at least 1 win and them in the NFC Championship would be nice.
But why sit the starters in a game that means something. The cowboys haven't won a playoff game in what 13 seasons now. I think winning a divisional title would mean alot to the players and the fans. Plus the cowboys are peaking and Romo is playing lights out the past few weeks. Why sit them and get them out of their rythem? I know you probably don't want the starters get hurt but look at the colts. They always rest their starters the last two weeks so really they have 3 weeks off without playing a full game or any games at all, and the colts always look like they are rusty as hell in the playoffs. I think resting starters is a mistake, but what do I know.

post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 11:53 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
But why sit the starters in a game that means something. The cowboys haven't won a playoff game in what 13 seasons now. I think winning a divisional title would mean alot to the players and the fans. Plus the cowboys are peaking and Romo is playing lights out the past few weeks. Why sit them and get them out of their rythem? I know you probably don't want the starters get hurt but look at the colts. They always rest their starters the last two weeks so really they have 3 weeks off without playing a full game or any games at all, and the colts always look like they are rusty as hell in the playoffs. I think resting starters is a mistake, but what do I know.
I don't think resting the starters is a mistake, however, I think the Colts rest them too much. One game is more than enough. Any more than that, and you gets why happens to the Colts.

Oh, and the Cowboys won the division title two years ago. Look how far that got them..
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 11:53 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I don't think they should rest their starters. In my opinion winning in the playoffs is more important than winning a division title and then losing to the same team you just beat in week 17.
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I don't think resting the starters is a mistake, however, I think the Colts rest them too much. One game is more than enough. Any more than that, and you gets why happens to the Colts.

Oh, and the Cowboys won the division title two years ago. Look how far that got them..
But didn't the cowboys dominate that game until the second half and Romo made a few mistakes?

I guess if Romo and the starters on the cowboys are getting killed in the game next week then take them out but if they are playing well and it's still a close game I say keep them in. Rythem is very important in this league at least I think it is.

post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Lsx>4.6

Fuck the eagles! I hope Desean Jackson some how breaks his leg this week. Lol

No more hotrods.
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 05:52 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
They had the #1 seed (homefield advantage) two years ago and lost to a team that they'd already beaten twice during the regular season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 06:14 PM
Lifer

I'm trying to go, brand new TV or paying $300 for a seat? Haven't made up my mind yet..Go Eagles!
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
I'm trying to go, brand new TV or paying $300 for a seat? Haven't made up my mind yet..Go Eagles!
Eagles get a 2 seed now with a win, pretty huge game.......... If you get tickets hit me up and we'll meet up to tailgate before the game!

post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 09:50 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecobra95 View Post
And a partridge in a pear tree........

Shit man it can happen though. The Eagles needed a miracle last year just to have a chance at the playoffs and it happened. Ya never know.......
Still an outside chance...

Zona has GB, Dallas has the Eagles, and Min is playing horrible and the Giants have nothing to lose.
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Still an outside chance...

Zona has GB, Dallas has the Eagles, and Min is playing horrible and the Giants have nothing to lose.
Yep, like I said the Eagles got a miracle last yer, anything is possible. Philly will be giving it their all to get that bye week and a home game. It's going to be a great game, lots on the line, but both teams are still guaranteed a spot regardless.......

post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 12:59 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Yep, like I said the Eagles got a miracle last yer, anything is possible. Philly will be giving it their all to get that bye week and a home game. It's going to be a great game, lots on the line, but both teams are still guaranteed a spot regardless.......
Will do..know anyone selling any half-way decent seats for 2 people for less than $500?? I'd like to bring my wife.
post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Will do..know anyone selling any half-way decent seats for 2 people for less than $500?? I'd like to bring my wife.
I dont man and they are going to be hard to find. I got lucky and had a friend hook me up with my tickets before the season even started........

Ask friends to ask their friends, find someone who has them in hand to avoid EBAY or Stubhub......

post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 05:18 PM
ese mi rey...

I'll be at the game but first Im going to get drunk at the Miller Lite tailgate party that my cousin hosts every home game. He also got me the tickets...
post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 12:39 PM
UFO Club Member

Quote:
Eagles get a 2 seed now with a win, pretty huge game.......... If you get tickets hit me up and we'll meet up to tailgate before the game!
Mikey,

Cowboy Stadium has some tailgate laws where u have to be backed up to grass to tailgate, you cant tailgate outside your car by the trunk or in the spot next to your car if its open.

I've parked next to the Ballpark (Right Field) and its typically has spots you can tailgate at open 1-2 hours before gametime (spots that back up to grass or medians). I think it's $50 bucks though pretty much anywhere you park.

I would say dont cry when the eagles lose, but since we are all going to the playoffs, I'm kinda just happy in general.

"I Approve This Message"
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by must"have"ang View Post
Mikey,

Cowboy Stadium has some tailgate laws where u have to be backed up to grass to tailgate, you cant tailgate outside your car by the trunk or in the spot next to your car if its open.

I've parked next to the Ballpark (Right Field) and its typically has spots you can tailgate at open 1-2 hours before gametime (spots that back up to grass or medians). I think it's $50 bucks though pretty much anywhere you park.

I would say dont cry when the eagles lose, but since we are all going to the playoffs, I'm kinda just happy in general.

Thanks Josh, I got a parking pass in Silver Lot #13. Not sure if we have to back up to grass or not there. Do you know?

post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 02:49 PM
UFO Club Member

Quote:
Thanks Josh, I got a parking pass in Silver Lot #13. Not sure if we have to back up to grass or not there. Do you know?
Yeah you do. This will help.

Parking spots are for vehicles only. Drive aisles must remain clear at all times. No items (coolers, tents, tables, chairs, etc.) of any kind may be placed on the ground behind, in front of or around parked vehicles. These items are permitted only in designated tailgating spaces.

Tailgating Spaces

Tailgating is permitted in designated tailgating spaces only. These spaces are on the perimeter of each parking lot and have a grassy area immediately behind the vehicle parking spot. There are tailgating spaces in every lot. Tailgating spaces are available on a first come/first served basis. Guests parked in a designated tailgating space must restrict their use of the grass to the space behind their vehicle. You may not spread out and use the grass area behind other tailgating parking spaces.

http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/guests/parking.cfm see here for more.

"I Approve This Message"
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 10:10 AM
Lifer

I'll be there!!! I've got parking in blue lot number 1. We'll be there when the lots open tailgating!!! GO COWBOYS!!!

92 5.0 LX hatch

Sponsored Links
Advertisement