What do these teams have in common? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
2-7 and still a fan!

Question What do these teams have in common?

SF
Balt
Pitt
NE
NYJ
Dallas

They are all 3-2 BITCHES! And Atl & Philly are 3-1

Yeah I guess all these teams suck...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V View Post
SF
Balt
Pitt
NE
NYJ
Dallas

Assuming I have enough free time tonight, I've got something up my sleeve. Wait for it.
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 03:41 PM
Lifer

Changing of the guard?

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Lifer

Quote:
SF
Balt
Pitt
NE
NYJ
Dallas

Well they do compare to the colts who is 5-0.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
Well they do compare to the colts who is 5-0.
Yes, yes they do compare to your softy scheduled Colts.
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 04:04 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
Yes, yes they do compare to your softy scheduled Colts.
How is their scheduled soft? They beat the cardinals who was in the super bowl last year. The beat the fins who was a playoff team last year, and they beat the titans who had the best record last year. And all those wins were on the road. If you looked at their first five games before the season would you call it a softy schedule?

post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Lifer

Last year is just that LAST YEAR. You can almost guarantee there is a turnover of quality teams every year. Titans aren't the last year titans, same thing for the Cards. The Dolphins could actually be good this year, but they are still 2-3.
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 04:10 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
How is their scheduled soft? They beat the cardinals who was in the super bowl last year. The beat the fins who was a playoff team last year, and they beat the titans who had the best record last year. And all those wins were on the road. If you looked at their first five games before the season would you call it a softy schedule?
Respectfully, last year was last year and has no impact on this year. If you recall, the Steelers WON the SB last year, and they are 3-2 this year. Yeah, the Cards went to the SB last year, but they are 2-2 this year.

The Titans had the best record last year, but they are 0-5 THIS year. Sure, the Colts get a little respect for winning on the road, but they aren't exactly beating anyone that's done anything THIS year. See where I'm going?
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 04:11 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Last year is just that LAST YEAR. You can almost guarantee there is a turnover of quality teams every year. Titans aren't the last year titans, same thing for the Cards. The Dolphins could actually be good this year, but they are still 2-3.
The titans have the same players from last year. They are just a year older. And what is so different about the cards? It's not like these teams changed coaches like the colts did. It's not like they have 2 rookie recievers like the colts do and a rookie RB like the colts do. Right now yes I would say their schedule so far until they play the pats is a soft schedule but looking into it from week 1 there is no way in hell you could say that when those three games are on the road.

post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Lifer

Quote:
The titans have the same players from last year. They are just a year older. And what is so different about the cards? It's not like these teams changed coaches like the colts did. It's not like they have 2 rookie recievers like the colts do and a rookie RB like the colts do. Right now yes I would say their schedule so far until they play the pats is a soft schedule but looking into it from week 1 there is no way in hell you could say that when those three games are on the road.
The titans no longer have haynesworth in the middle on D. That changed everything for them on defense. Offensively, they are the same team as last year, but I don't think they are running as well.

I am not saying the Colts aren't a good team, I am just saying the 5-0 record really doesn't make them that much better than the rest of the league. The only team that is really noticeably above anyone else is, I hate and loath to say it, the Giants.
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Respectfully, last year was last year and has no impact on this year. If you recall, the Steelers WON the SB last year, and they are 3-2 this year. Yeah, the Cards went to the SB last year, but they are 2-2 this year.

The Titans had the best record last year, but they are 0-5 THIS year. Sure, the Colts get a little respect for winning on the road, but they aren't exactly beating anyone that's done anything THIS year. See where I'm going?
Yes I understand that. But before the season started and you saw that you had to play the fins on the road, the cards on the road, and the titans on the road. I would say that is a hard schedule. But knowing now what kind of teams they are yes it was pretty easy for the colts besides that fins game where the colts didn't even have the ball for a whole quarter the entire game.

post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 04:14 PM
Lifer

Quote:
The titans no longer have haynesworth in the middle on D. That changed everything for them on defense. Offensively, they are the same team as last year, but I don't think they are running as well.
Fuck I forgot about Haynesworth. Where did he go the skins I think?

post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

Well, for starters, the Titans lost Haynesworth, and there were others as well. I'd have to dig for the others' names. Other than Haynesworth, I don't recall any of the others being big impact players like he was. So I'll give you that. But back at the beginning of the season, I'd have never predicted the Titans to be 0-5 right now. I don't think anyone would have, actually. I wouldn't have pegged them to be 5-0, but certainly not 0-5 either.

Week 1, I'll give you that. But week 1's outlook doesn't matter. What matters now, is week 5's outlook. And judging by that, they've had a weak schedule. Think of it like the BCS. At the end of the year, it doesn't matter where BYU was ranked when they beat OU. It only matters where BYU winds up at the end of the season. Ya know?

Oh, and it's not like IND has a true rookie RB. Yeah, they picked up Donald Brown, and yes he is a rookie. But Addai is still the starter, so that point is kind of null and void. And about the WR's, a rookie is still better than what they got out of Harrison last year. Wouldn't you agree? Besides, rookie or not, Garcon looks like he's trying to make a case as a Pro Bowl contender.
post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Fuck I forgot about Haynesworth. Where did he go the skins I think?
$100MM contract with the Skins. Highest paid player in the NFL. And he got hurt in week 2 or 3. Not sure how long he will be out.
post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 04:20 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

I am not saying the Colts aren't a good team, I am just saying the 5-0 record really doesn't make them that much better than the rest of the league. The only team that is really noticeably above anyone else is, I hate and loath to say it, the Giants.

This Giants vs Aints game is going to be a good one. Aints have really stepped up the D, so it will be interesting. I hate the Aints, but I'll be pulling for them to beat the Giants.
post #16 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 04:24 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Well, for starters, the Titans lost Haynesworth, and there were others as well. I'd have to dig for the others' names. Other than Haynesworth, I don't recall any of the others being big impact players like he was. So I'll give you that. But back at the beginning of the season, I'd have never predicted the Titans to be 0-5 right now. I don't think anyone would have, actually. I wouldn't have pegged them to be 5-0, but certainly not 0-5 either.

Week 1, I'll give you that. But week 1's outlook doesn't matter. What matters now, is week 5's outlook. And judging by that, they've had a weak schedule. Think of it like the BCS. At the end of the year, it doesn't matter where BYU was ranked when they beat OU. It only matters where BYU winds up. Ya know?

Oh, and it's not like IND has a true rookie RB. Yeah, they picked up Donald Brown, and yes he is a rookie. But Addai is still the starter, so that point is kind of null and void. And about the WR's, a rookie is still better than what they got out of Harrison last year. Wouldn't you agree? Besides, rookie or not, Garcon looks like he's trying to make a case as a Pro Bowl contender.
Garcon and that Collins kid is just trying to take A. Gonzalez spot. They both have been a suprise to everyone. I'm not arguing as of now that the colts have had a easy schedule. And hell the colts will probably be 8-0 before they play their first challenge in the pats. And even then I don't think they will be tough to beat just from watching the pats game I have seen. Brady is not the same QB as he was before. The colts have a very good chance getting home field advantage through out the playoffs. Hopefully they won't get the chargers the first game they play in the playoffs.

post #17 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 04:25 PM
Lifer

Quote:
This Giants vs Aints game is going to be a good one. Aints have really stepped up the D, so it will be interesting. I hate the Aints, but I'll be pulling for them to beat the Giants.
Hell what's the over/under on that game? 100?

post #18 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 04:26 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
SF
Balt
Pitt
NE
NYJ
Dallas

Well, one of them certainly does...

post #19 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 04:31 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
Well, one of them certainly does...
You mean the most shittiest team ever to win a super bowl last year.

post #20 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 04:36 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
And hell the colts will probably be 8-0 before they play their first challenge in the pats. And even then I don't think they will be tough to beat just from watching the pats game I have seen. Brady is not the same QB as he was before.

I can't argue with that at all. Brady doesn't look comfortable back there like he used to. I wouldn't put too much stock in that game. Yeah, it might be their first real challenge, but that shouldn't be too hard to win due to the Patriots lack of performance this year. Then again, that's 3 weeks from now, and Brady could find his rhythym between now and then. You never know.
post #21 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 04:36 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
You mean the most shittiest team ever to win a super bowl last year.
They've done it twice recently, not just last year.
post #22 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Lifer

Quote:
They've done it twice recently, not just last year.
Yeah I know, but I hate the steelers and fuck Big Ben.

post #23 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 04:42 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Agreed on both accounts.

I like thier coach, and love Polamalu, but my allegiance to the Cowboys makes me say fuck the Steelers.
post #24 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 04:51 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
6>2

Oh that's right, you're a closet Cowboys fan and only like the Colts because you love the way Peyton's semen tastes. Which is the only reason why you got so defensive over my comment and felt you had to lash out at something that wasn't even directed at a supposed Colts fan.

post #25 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Lifer

Quote:
6>2

Oh that's right, you're a closet Cowboys fan and only like the Colts because you love the way Peyton's semen tastes. Which is the only reason why you got so defensive over my comment and felt you had to lash out at something that wasn't even directed at a supposed Colts fan.
Um the steelers cost P. Manning a super bowl so yeah I hate the fucking steelers. And fuck you about the closet cowboy fan. If I was I would come out and say I am. But I am not.

post #26 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 04:59 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Um the steelers cost P. Manning a super bowl so yeah I hate the fucking steelers. And fuck you about the closet cowboy fan. If I was I would come out and say I am. But I am not.
How, exactly, did the Steelers cost the Colts a Super Bowl?

We've all seen your Cowboys bandwagon hopping.

post #27 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
2-7 and still a fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geor! View Post
only like the colts because you love the way peyton's semen tastes. Which is the only reason why you got so defensive over my comment and felt you had to lash out at something that wasn't even directed at a supposed colts fan.
lmao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexchick View Post
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
post #28 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 05:48 PM
Lifer

Quote:

By that logic, you're picking the Giants?

I can't think of another team that's had an easier schedule than the Giants..
post #29 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 05:54 PM
Lifer

Quote:
lmao!
You must be the cowboys blowjob giver.

post #30 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 01:12 AM
Lifer

If you think about, Dallas is two 4th-quarter stops away from 5-0.

post #31 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 08:42 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
By that logic, you're picking the Giants?

I can't think of another team that's had an easier schedule than the Giants..
That, my friend, is a good point. But my argument is, if your a good team, then you handle the bad teams. And that is exactly what the Giants are doing. Cowboys can't follow through with that idea.

I feel dirty. I am defending the Giants.
post #32 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 08:43 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
If you think about, Dallas is two 4th-quarter stops away from 5-0.
If you think about it, they could be 1-5. The only game they really handled was the tampa game.
post #33 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 09:06 AM
Lifer

Quote:
That, my friend, is a good point. But my argument is, if your a good team, then you handle the bad teams. And that is exactly what the Giants are doing. Cowboys can't follow through with that idea.

I feel dirty. I am defending the Giants.
I think it has more to do with the coaches and their game planning than the players.

post #34 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 09:13 AM
Time Served

Quote:
SF
Balt
Pitt
NE
NYJ
Dallas

Using your logic, maybe there is no problem...

But the reality is simple, the 'Boys wouldn't be able to beat NE, Pitt or Balt right now no way no how..... and they'd probably lose to the Jets too....

The Cowboys may be 3-2, but I can tell you they are the saddest 3-2 team in the league right now. They could very easily be 0-5 right now..... or sure 5-0, but no matter what you say about NE, Pitt, or Balt... the Cowboys needed OT to beat KC .
post #35 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 09:18 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post

But the reality is simple, the 'Boys wouldn't be able to beat NE, Pitt or Balt right now no way no how..... and they'd probably lose to the Jets too....

The Cowboys may be 3-2, but I can tell you they are the saddest 3-2 team in the league right now. They could very easily be 0-5 right now..... or sure 5-0, but no matter what you say about NE, Pitt, or Balt... the Cowboys needed OT to beat KC .
I think they would have been able to beat Pitt up until this coming weekend.

post #36 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 09:20 AM
Lifer

I don't think it matters. They play down to their opponents too often, and they lose it in the 4th quarter to the quality opponents. That pretty much is the bottom line. They will be sitting on their couch watching the playoffs like the rest of us if they don't start figuring out how to close games.
post #37 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 09:54 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
I think they would have been able to beat Pitt up until this coming weekend.
Polamalu must be playing.
post #38 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 10:00 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Well of course he is. He must have found time to get away from those gay ass shampoo commercials.
post #39 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 10:30 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post

How could they be 0-5? They killed Tampa Bay.

post #40 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 11:54 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Aye, but as soon as we get him back, we lose our big defensive end for an unknown amount of time with some shoulder injury! Oh well, it's football and injuries are part of the game.

Well, just checked and it looks like he's on IR now, so no more Aaron Smith for the remainder of the season.

post #41 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
2-7 and still a fan!

Quote:
Well of course he is. He must have found time to get away from those gay ass shampoo commercials.
"You asked with your eyes Brent, you asked with your eyes."

Quote:
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
post #42 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 12:21 PM
Lifer

Quote:
"You asked with your eyes Brent, you asked with your eyes."
I did a double take when I was walking by the tv and heard that line.
post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
2-7 and still a fan!

Thumbs down

Quote:
You must be the cowboys blowjob giver.
Truth hurts huh?

Get the fuck out of my thread, grown men are talking about professional football.

Quote:
Quote:
post #44 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
I did a double take when I was walking by the tv and heard that line.
The first time I heard it, I did as well. Since that's my name and all.

Polamalu is a badass, but he's a little light in his cleats.
post #45 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 05:51 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Truth hurts huh?

Get the fuck out of my thread, grown men are talking about professional football.
Why don't you lock this thread up like a little bitch.

post #46 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 05:58 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
We'll see what happens. Alot of the season is still yet to be played. As long as the Cowboys finish .500 or worse, I'll be happy cuz I win my bet.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #47 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 06:02 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
We'll see what happens. Alot of the season is still yet to be played. As long as the Cowboys finish .500 or worse, I'll be happy cuz I win my bet.
well since all their wins have come against winless teams I pretty sure you will win that bet. Cause if they play a team with any wins the cowboys are fucked.

post #48 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 06:05 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
well since all their wins have come against winless teams I pretty sure you will win that bet. Cause if they play a team with any wins the cowboys are fucked.
On the other hand, all their losses have come against undefeated teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #49 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 06:06 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
On the other hand, all their losses have come against undefeated teams.
This is true.

post #50 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Time Served

Quote:
How could they be 0-5? They killed Tampa Bay.
0-5 or 1-4 pretty much the same thing....

Being a Cowboys fan sure is getting harder, I can tell you that. I can still remember watching Super Bowl XII.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement