The NFL Refs - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
truster of no one

The NFL Refs

Ok how long is this going to go on with the refs taking sides on certain QB,s
(The Colts tonight and manning is horrible on these pussy shots and getting ruffing the passe).. Happen today on Romo and nothing just like on Flaco

TRUE TEN 5 Stock Suspension Mustang

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Lifer

I think they are calling the plays correctly.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Lifer

Yeah that helmet-to-helmet on Romo today doesn't get any more textbook. That should have been an EASY call.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Lifer

I agree that the romo hit was a blown call, but I also think the Manning hits were legit calls too.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 06:48 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
Yeah that helmet-to-helmet on Romo today doesn't get any more textbook. That should have been an EASY call.
Yeah as soon as the ball is snapped it is the head refs job to stare at the QB and see if there is any type of illegal hit etc. He was looking right at Romo and didn't call shit. It was total BS.

03 Mach1
02 Sierra
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 06:58 AM
Lifer

Yep that should have been called.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 09:04 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly View Post
correctly and "by the rules" could be two completely different things in this case
Touché.
They're so good they can make a call BEFORE the foul, like the taunting call against New England.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Banned

At first it's no helmet to helmet, now you can't even use your shoulder pads. In the next 10 years every player will have a flag belt on them. The pussification of America continues. Just like Troy Aikman said, it's a violent sport.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
truster of no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery'sDad View Post
Touché.
They're so good they can make a call BEFORE the foul, like the taunting call against New England.
The replay clearly showed the flag was out before he did the taunting..

The first hit on Peton the guys right elbow hit the ground and the left arm/elbow grabbed his feet, the guy had 2 people on him and broke free just barely enough time to try to sack him etc, it was horrible call and the ref and Peyton ought to feel embarressed

TRUE TEN 5 Stock Suspension Mustang

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Custom Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery'sDad View Post
Touché.

There were two flags thrown, that one was most likely for pass interference, but the ball was tipped. (according to the TV analysts at least).

They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 10:49 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

I'm just waiting to see which team has their receivers start wearing face masks that hang down 6" below their necks. Before long we'll have a strike zone in the NFL like baseball, you can only hit them between the knees and mid chest.

I did see a Dallas defender pull down a receiver by his pads yesterday and it didn't get called. I guess it's not a horse collar if you pull from the front?

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Custom Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
I'm just waiting to see which team has their receivers start wearing face masks that hang down 6" below their necks. Before long we'll have a strike zone in the NFL like baseball, you can only hit them between the knees and mid chest.

I did see a Dallas defender pull down a receiver by his pads yesterday and it didn't get called. I guess it's not a horse collar if you pull from the front?
Horse collar is by the back

They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post

Not a horse collar from the front. And the only time it's a horse collar from the back, is if the defenders hands are under the pads. If their hands are between the pads and jerseys, it's a no call, even though it has the same effect.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Lifer

The roughing the passer calls by the refs in favor of Payton Manning were bullshit calls. His leg got touched on one when the lineman was pushed into him, and the other, I can't remember, but I remember thinking at the time it was also a shitty call. You can't lay a finger on certain QB's these days without getting a personal foul called.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 03:37 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrayLX View Post
The roughing the passer calls by the refs in favor of Payton Manning were bullshit calls. His leg got touched on one when the lineman was pushed into him, and the other, I can't remember, but I remember thinking at the time it was also a shitty call. You can't lay a finger on certain QB's these days without getting a personal foul called.
They can't have been too shitty if he's having problems with it after those two hits.

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Lifer

Then he's a pussy. A defensive lineman for the Titans accidentally hit Mannings leg when his momentum carried him into Manning. It didn't look that bad at the time.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 10:32 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrayLX View Post
Then he's a pussy. A defensive lineman for the Titans accidentally hit Mannings leg when his momentum carried him into Manning. It didn't look that bad at the time.
You're probably right. Maybe they should put you out there since you can take hits like that.

You ever had 300+ lbs slammed against your knees? Go find out and let me know how it feels.

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 07:54 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

NFL refs aren't even a fraction as bad as NBA refs. Thank God those jack arses are getting punked.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement