what do the cowboys need? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Robert Galarga

what do the cowboys need?

to be a (deep) playoff team?
Dallas has gone through more coaches/players than a lot of teams(in the last several years)..
I know there is a lot of Romo haters out there but i dont think he is the "big" prob.. Dallas has one of the best running games in the league (when they are healthy).. I'm not a huge fan of phillips but he is not the one calling the offensive plays.. I'm not a football expert at all but when a regular joe schmoe like me can predict an offensive play before the ball snaps there might be a problem(the adams penalties dont help either lol).. my opinion is garrett is the problem. Dallas has some defense issues as well. Why cant they get the defense going with all that talent?

i know Jason G. needs to go! (i dont think he is really that creative with all of the above average players on his offense)
The defense has a huge issue with covering a pass too...(almost every team has the ability to march all the way down the field)

again i'm no expert and only a spectator but with all of this talent, why do the cowboys struggle soo much?

2004 pontiac gtslow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Lifer

Needs a new GM. Problem solved.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
post #3 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Robert Galarga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
Needs a new GM. Problem solved.
ok besides that.... since that will never happen(till he dies or is too old to show up on gameday).. its like a bad owner of a successful biz(he aint going anywhere)... good luck with that..

2004 pontiac gtslow

post #4 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 06:44 PM
Lifer

-Needs a legit #1 wideout. We have good receivers, but when you have a guy that demands double coverage nearly every play it opens up a LOT in the running game and for Witten.
-Needs a new O coordinator. Garrett doesn't make enough adjustments. He's going to need more than just a complex playbook to go far in the playoffs.
-A head coach that knows how to use a gunslinger appropriately.
-More depth in offensive line and perhaps the secondary.

post #5 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Lifer

need a hard ass head coach and WR that is a threat.
post #6 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Resident Epicurean

Simply put, Wade Phillips, Wade Wilson, Jason Garrett, and Campo need to go. This team has lots of talent, but no heart, and less discipline. All of that has the trickle down effect. A troop is only as good as it's leaders, and when the coaches make excuses, the players make excuses. Coaches have no passion, players have no passion. Coaches have no discipline, players have no discipline.

Campo continues to groom them to play the prevent defense. Meanwhile, his DB staff is getting burned. Wake up, jackass.

Garrett continues with the idiotic play calling. Cowboys have the #1 offense in the league, when going from under center. USE IT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE. Stop with the silly ass shotgun on 1st and 2nd downs. It's ok here and there. NOT EVERY GODDAMN DRIVE.

We have three insanely talented RBs. USE THEM.

We have two insanely talented TEs. USE THEM. Back in preseason, we all heard about this new two tight end set, and how we were going to rely heavily on it this season. I think I've seen it a grand total of about 5 times this year. That's once per week. Anyone who's seen them run it, knows it kills defenses every time. We should be running that 5 times a game, not once a game.

When Romo is struggling, STOP THROWING THE GODDAMN BALL DOWNFIELD. We don't have to shoot for the moon every fucking down. Screen passes work wonders for completion ratings, and positive yardage.

I think they have the team to do what needs to be done. Of course, I'd like to see some changes made at some positions, but I think with a solid coaching staff they'd still be able to do what needs to be done.

Lesser problems other than coaching --

Barbie Carpenter needs to go. Pick up a vet free agent after the season is over. I'm fairly confident this will happen, because Carpenter's contract is up this year. He seems to fuck up, at the most crucial moments. He doesn't play a lot, but they always seem to put him out there in the nickel on 3rd and long, and Carpenter blows coverage, pulls a sissy tackle, or something similar every damn time.

We need to pick up a veteran, or trade up for a first round CB. T New has hit his decline. Come to grips with that, and move on.

We need a force opposite DeMarcus Ware. He's catching a ton of flak, and it's not all his fault. They guy can't do it on his own.

Crayton needs to go. The only thing he can run is his mouth.

And, O line. The O line is going to become a bigger and bigger problem with each game/year. They're good, but they are old. They need to start looking for replacements.
post #7 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 09:42 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

To put things in (or out of?) perspective, they're 3-0 against teams with a combined record of 1 win and 14 (?) losses, and they're 0-2 against teams with a combined record of 10 wins and no losses (and they were in both of those games until the final seconds)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #8 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 09:57 PM
T-MINUS

Pretty much what Brent said. Everyone that has had WP as a coach goes through this. He is a nice guy which apparently makes a shitty coach.

Watch NFL networks coaches that get mic'd up. They had McDaniels on there last weekend and that guy is an animal.

And Garrett...holy shit, what an idiot.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #9 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 11:53 PM
Lifer

The cowboys need a whole new fucking team. That will help them out. Yeah1!1!

post #10 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 12:00 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
They need Bcoop to coach. He knows everything.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #11 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
He doesn't meet the height requirements to be a coach.

post #12 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 12:05 AM
Texan

I think Dungy would be a good fit next year, not to mention a brand new secondary.

post #13 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 12:07 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0 GT 2 View Post
I think Dungy would be a good fit next year, not to mention a brand new secondary.
Dungy will never work for a faggot like Jerry jones. Fuck that faggot. He reminds me of Tony on this site. Fucking queer.

post #14 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 12:15 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Not that it would ever happen, but could you please explain how/why you think that Mr. Dungy would be a "good fit" in Dallas?
post #15 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 12:19 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw33 View Post
Not that it would ever happen, but could you please explain how/why you think that Mr. Dungy would be a "good fit" in Dallas?
He's talking out of his penis hole.

post #16 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 12:25 AM
Lifer

yeah I know, I'm just curious as to wtf would make someone think Dungy would fit in in dallas......
post #17 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 12:47 AM
Lifer

This team reminds me a lot of the old Danny White, Cosby, and Randy White days. They got talent but no Defense which wins championships.

"The problem with doing nothing is you never know when your finished."
post #18 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 12:54 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
Dungy will never work for a faggot like Jerry jones. Fuck that faggot. He reminds me of Tony on this site. Fucking queer.
What the fuck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #19 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 01:07 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
What the fuck?
LMAO! Where did that come from?

post #20 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 06:19 AM
African Booty Scratcher

they should have saved the money spent on the new stadium and built another practice facility.

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #21 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 06:59 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

LOL at the end zone celebration yesterday in OT like they had just won the fucking Super Bowl or something. You beat the worst team in the NFL, barely, might I add. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that bullshit!

post #22 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 07:03 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
LOL at the end zone celebration yesterday in OT like they had just won the fucking Super Bowl or something. You beat the worst team in the NFL, barely, might I add. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that bullshit!
They aren't technically the worst team. I'm going to give St. Louis the title of "worst", but that was a little intense for that boring of a game.

03 Mach1
02 Sierra
post #23 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 07:05 AM
LUCIFER

I was really hoping KC would have won.

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #24 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 07:05 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtheman1 View Post
I was really hoping KC would have won.
why?

03 Mach1
02 Sierra
post #25 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 07:16 AM
LUCIFER

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde21 View Post
why?
For an 0-4 team to play that hard, they wanted that win. Also, the Cowboys just annoy me with all their drama

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #26 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 08:35 AM
Lifer

A win is a win. Ugly, but still a win.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #27 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 08:38 AM
I got your Jihad!!

A new coach, new offensive cord, a replacement for Flozel and who the hell would name their kid Flozel? WTF?!

2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC
2005 Big Dog Chopper 117ci
post #28 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 09:09 AM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnturboray View Post
A new coach, new offensive cord, a replacement for Flozel and who the hell would name their kid Flozel? WTF?!
THIS

Every fucking game, Flozel gets called for false start and holding. Lately he's been adding a leg whip to his penalty arsenal. The guy is old and washed up...time for him to hit the door.

post #29 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
THIS

Every fucking game, Flozel gets called for false start and holding. Lately he's been adding a leg whip to his penalty arsenal. The guy is old and washed up...time for him to hit the door.
We have no line without Flozell. He may be getting tons of penalty's but without him, Romo will be on the ground the whole time. He really pisses me off and screws up but his big ass does actually block sometimes.

03 Mach1
02 Sierra
post #30 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 09:45 AM
Along for the ride

It starts with Phillips and Garrett. Phillips is a softy and Garrett seems to be pass first and run second. Our offensive line is HUGE and we have great running backs. Pound the ball. And like bcoop said, use both tight ends. Barber still doesn't look 100% and Choice looks great back there. He needs to get more carries.

I don't really think the Defense has a lot of holes, it's just that Wade is leading them. Some inexperience in the secondary but I think they'll be fine. This team has the talent to make a playoff run. It's still early. We'll see if they can pull it all together. The Giants and Vikings are going to be the teams to beat in the NFC.

Cowboys!

Marcus

'92 Emerald Green Mustang LX Hatch 5.0
post #31 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 09:55 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnturboray View Post
lol. Flozell is one of the top 3 in the league at his position, and you say we need him to go? Keep drinking. Or smoking. Or whatever it is you are doing to make you spout off nonsense.
post #32 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 09:56 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

Where have I ever claimed to know everything? I played football growing up. I'm considering coaching when my son starts playing next year. I catch almost every game that is aired on TV. During football season, I've got games on in my garage (radio), bedroom, and living room. ALL DAY Saturday, ALL DAY Sunday, it's all about football, and not much else. I know quite a bit, but I don't know it all.

You don't have to take my word for what I'm saying. Watch it yourself. Get a basic understanding of the game. Then you tell me where I'm wrong.

I can see where some schmuck such as yourself thinks I come off as a know it all. It's because you didn't play football, you have no understanding of how things work, and the extent of your football knowledge consists of hating the Cowboys, and talking shit for no other reason than to ruffle feathers. You have no true allegiance. You don't even understand how coaching and discipline affect penalties. Even Jeff admittedly doesn't know a whole lot, but he has a better grasp on the game than you.

So, please, continue to talk out of your ass and show everyone here what a bitter fuck you are, because you're overweight, drive a station wagon, and think you're the coolest kid on the block because you hang around douchebags with money. It's quite entertaining for the rest of us.

Last edited by bcoop; 10-12-2009 at 10:18 AM.
post #33 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 11:51 AM
Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw33 View Post
yeah I know, I'm just curious as to wtf would make someone think Dungy would fit in in dallas......
From the coaches Jones has hired and eventually fired he has shown that he doesn't want a coach that will jump down anyone's throat. Dungy isn't that type of coach, but he has enough knowledge of the game that he gets respect from his players enough to get them to fit into a system and gets the players to work towards a common goal.

post #34 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Time Served

A swift kick in the ASS

2003 Silverado - 4.3L (daily driver)
1990 Notchback - 5.0L
1990 Notchback - 2.3L (5.0 project)
1967 Fastback - 302
post #35 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Lifer

John Gruden

1967 Camaro SS/RS
post #36 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 01:49 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Where have I ever claimed to know everything? I played football growing up. I'm considering coaching when my son starts playing next year. I catch almost every game that is aired on TV. During football season, I've got games on in my garage (radio), bedroom, and living room. ALL DAY Saturday, ALL DAY Sunday, it's all about football, and not much else. I know quite a bit, but I don't know it all.

You don't have to take my word for what I'm saying. Watch it yourself. Get a basic understanding of the game. Then you tell me where I'm wrong.

I can see where some schmuck such as yourself thinks I come off as a know it all. It's because you didn't play football, you have no understanding of how things work, and the extent of your football knowledge consists of hating the Cowboys, and talking shit for no other reason than to ruffle feathers. You have no true allegiance. You don't even understand how coaching and discipline affect penalties. Even Jeff admittedly doesn't know a whole lot, but he has a better grasp on the game than you.

So, please, continue to talk out of your ass and show everyone here what a bitter fuck you are, because you're overweight, drive a station wagon, and think you're the coolest kid on the block because you hang around douchebags with money. It's quite entertaining for the rest of us.
LOL @ you calling anyone else bitter.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #37 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 02:01 PM
wishin i had a fast car

get rid of Flozell Adams and save 4 costly penalties a game.
post #38 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
LOL @ you calling anyone else bitter.
I'd like for you to back up this theory that I'm bitter. You can have as much time as you like. Like I said in my pm, I'm blunt, vulgar, and confrontational. Deal with it, or shut the fuck up.

See, I have valid points to back up what I said about you being a bitter fat fuck. The Jared thing, all the hating on the shops that you do, etc. There's a list a mile long.

So, I'll wait patiently, for you to prove your theory.

Last edited by bcoop; 10-12-2009 at 02:24 PM.
post #39 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 03:16 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
I'd like for you to back up this theory that I'm bitter. You can have as much time as you like. Like I said in my pm, I'm blunt, vulgar, and confrontational. Deal with it, or shut the fuck up.

See, I have valid points to back up what I said about you being a bitter fat fuck. The Jared thing, all the hating on the shops that you do, etc. There's a list a mile long.

So, I'll wait patiently, for you to prove your theory.

*yawn*

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #40 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 03:38 PM
Time Served

adams shit does get really old. id like to shannan as coach
post #41 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Well let me jump out there and say I don't think it's the players....It's the stupid little shit that gets this team in trouble....drive killing penalties, missed assignments, arm tackling(this one drives me crazy), and all of these things can(should) be fixed in practice by the COACHING staff. If you fix these little things then that only makes this a "good" solid team, not a deep playoff team. To be a deep playoff team they have to go for blood on both sides of the ball, get aggressive, fucking lay the hammer down, get vertical on offense, blitz a hell of alot more on defense. Garrett has got to get the TE's alot more touches, and the RB's more involved in the passing game. The defense is too vanilla, too nice, too safe.....turn Ware loose, fucking lay some people out make them take notice. They can't just expect to show up and win, everytime they step on the field you can be damn sure that the other team is hyped up to play the Dallas Cowboys and they are going to be bringing their A game.
post #42 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 08:23 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
*yawn*
Exactly. Get back to what you're good at. Ding dongs and ho hos.
post #43 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Time Served

Only a few Cowboy players got heart, the rest of the team need to find one. I still don't think they will make the playoffs this year.

Under my hood twisting some wrenches!!!
post #44 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 10:06 PM
dead

after watching this jets dolphins game i think the cowboys could use more wildcat offense to take advantage of jones + choice more.

plus it would take away a few plays from jason carrot's predictable ass offense and maybe extend a few drives to beyond 3 and out.
post #45 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Lifer

biggest thing as far as players go is a real top WR. When we had TO romo had someone he could throw to even if they were covered. Right now, he doesnt really have that safety blanket.

Id say wade needs get the boot

95' Red Mustang GT.

Slow.
post #46 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Time Served

Cowher, Shanahan, and Dungy.... not one of them will coach for the current GM.... you figure the rest out.

Oh the QB isn't going to lead any team to any championship ever.

Outside of those two issues, they are a damn fine team.
post #47 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 12:34 AM
Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
Cowher, Shanahan, and Dungy.... not one of them will coach for the current GM.... you figure the rest out.

Oh the QB isn't going to lead any team to any championship ever.

Outside of those two issues, they are a damn fine team.
Apparently Mike Shanahan is going to take the reigns of the Chiefs in the next couple of weeks; word is Zorn is getting the boot.

post #48 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 12:50 AM
The land of no ho racing

Get rid of Garret and Romo, and grab a QB that can win a playoff game.
post #49 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 09:28 AM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
Apparently Mike Shanahan is going to take the reigns of the Chiefs in the next couple of weeks; word is Zorn is getting the boot.
The Chiefs? Maybe you should check into your info...

The head coach of the Chiefs is Todd Haley.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/coaching_staff/

Perhaps you meant the Redskins? Their current HC is Jim Zorn...

http://www.redskins.com/team/coachingstaff.jsp

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...h-to-save-them

post #50 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Resident Epicurean

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1994SilverGT View Post
biggest thing as far as players go is a real top WR. When we had TO romo had someone he could throw to even if they were covered. Right now, he doesnt really have that safety blanket.

Id say wade needs get the boot

Lol! TO was never Romo's security blanket. TO was a hinderance, because Romo had to make sure he got so many touches per game. This caused him to stray from his security blanket, and the open receivers. Witten has ALWAYS been, and will always be Romo's security blanket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement