In the AP poll...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
I really didn't see that coming....I guess it is because Texas hasn't played anybody ranked yet.
post #3 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&T's 82 View Post
I really didn't see that coming....I guess it is because Texas hasn't played anybody ranked yet.
Pretty much. I'm not suprised. If Texas kills OU next week then they will move back to #2.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI

post #4 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 01:13 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
UT SOS is weak this year, and it is going to hurt them, but if they go unbeaten they will be in the title game.

post #5 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
UT SOS is weak this year, and it is going to hurt them, but if they go unbeaten they will be in the title game.
They will probably play 3 rank teams. OU, OSU, and whoever they meet in the conference championship should be rank if Texas goes to that game.

post #6 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
They will probably play 3 rank teams. OU, OSU, and whoever they meet in the conference championship should be rank if Texas goes to that game.
OSU is still ranked?
post #7 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
OSU is still ranked?
http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

post #8 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Clown

Quote:
OSU is still ranked?
Yep. What I laugh about is why so high...The Georgia team they beat is no longer ranked and it appears they struggled with the Aggies yesterday.
post #9 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 01:32 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&T's 82 View Post
Yep. What I laugh about is why so high...The Georgia team they beat is no longer ranked and it appears they struggled with the Aggies yesterday.
And lost to UH. They shouldn't be ranked.
post #10 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Clown

Quote:
And lost to UH. They shouldn't be ranked.
Good point....And UH is ranked 7 spots behind them...Go figure.
post #11 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 06:14 PM
Old School

Wow bold move by the AP considering the poll isnt even used in the BCS calculation. Harris and ESPN still have UT at #2

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #12 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX View Post
Wow bold move by the AP considering the poll isnt even used in the BCS calculation. Harris and ESPN still have UT at #2
Not really. As others have said, UT's SOS sucks wang. It's going to hurt them, as this poll shows. Don't think that won't factor in to the BCS. (the SOS, not the AP poll).
post #13 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Lifer

Hopefully, this will inspire Mack Brown to allow the Horns to beat the living piss out of any team they can.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #14 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Quote:
Not really. As others have said, UT's SOS sucks wang. It's going to hurt them, as this poll shows. Don't think that won't factor in to the BCS. (the SOS, not the AP poll).
If the Horns win out, they'll be in the MNC game. If they don't, then they won't. SOS won't play too much of a role in any of it.

post #15 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 11:32 PM
Old School

Quote:
Not really what? (ie...what was incorrect with what I said?) I am simply stating that the AP poll means absolutely nothing. If the AP poll decided to rank UT #1, and somone came on here and posted "OMG! the AP pushed UT to #1!", my response would be the same..... who fucking cares.

Yes I am aware that UT's SOS sucks wang. I am also aware that if two SEC teams make it to the end of their regular season undefeated, they will play each other. Dont think that won't factor into the BCS as well.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #16 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 09:58 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX View Post
Not really what? (ie...what was incorrect with what I said?) I am simply stating that the AP poll means absolutely nothing. If the AP poll decided to rank UT #1, and somone came on here and posted "OMG! the AP pushed UT to #1!", my response would be the same..... who fucking cares.

Yes I am aware that UT's SOS sucks wang. I am also aware that if two SEC teams make it to the end of their regular season undefeated, they will play each other. Dont think that won't factor into the BCS as well.
You said 'bold move', that's what I was referring to.
post #17 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 09:59 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R View Post
If the Horns win out, they'll be in the MNC game. If they don't, then they won't. SOS won't play too much of a role in any of it.
That's a big if. If they don't win out, then SOS will play a big role in where they wind up.
post #18 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
That's a big if. If they don't win out, then SOS will play a big role in where they wind up.
Not as big an "if" referring to if OU wins out.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
post #19 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl View Post
Not as big an "if" referring to if OU wins out.
Are we talking about OU here, or is bashing OU all you've got?

Shut the fuck up, jackass.
post #20 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Fear the Stashe

UT SOS is horrible.. If they dont go undefeated bye bye NC.
post #21 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
Are we talking about OU here, or is bashing OU all you've got?

Shut the fuck up, jackass.
Let's see, jackass. In this thread there is mention of OSU, OU, UT, etc... Seems to me like all of them were a topic of conversation. The statement that doesn't belong is you saying, "Thats a big IF." There has been nothing to show that anyone in the Big XII has anything for UT. Thanks to all the other posers this season, everyone knows that if UT loses, they're probably done for the MNC. You saying them going undefeated is a big "if" implies you think someone will beat them. I'd like to hear you rationalize that train of thought. Looking their schedule (since you and everyone else say the SOS sucks), where are they LIKELY to lose a game? Yes, likely since you say it's a big IF. Since you're so convinced, go ahead and give me some points on the game you think they'll lose. I'll gladly take the bet.

The ball is in your court now, jackass.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
post #22 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly View Post
I love seeing Texas drop in the polls, or anything else that causes Texas fans to whine (which doesn't take much I might add), but the reality is, that poll doesn't mean shit and with two SEC teams at the top, you know one will drop out by the end of the season...so, besides it being slightly amusing, who cares.
This is true -- no matter who the team/fans are. There's no reason to be upset over the flip to #3 or reason to be surprised -- especially with the media love fest for the SEC. Someone may want to tell 'Bama that 5 FG's won't get it done against UT or Florida though.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
post #23 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Let's see, jackass. In this thread there is mention of OSU, OU, UT, etc... Seems to me like all of them were a topic of conversation. The statement that doesn't belong is you saying, "Thats a big IF." There has been nothing to show that anyone in the Big XII has anything for UT. Thanks to all the other posers this season, everyone knows that if UT loses, they're probably done for the MNC. You saying them going undefeated is a big "if" implies you think someone will beat them. I'd like to hear you rationalize that train of thought. Looking their schedule (since you and everyone else say the SOS sucks), where are they LIKELY to lose a game? Yes, likely since you say it's a big IF. Since you're so convinced, go ahead and give me some points on the game you think they'll lose. I'll gladly take the bet.

The ball is in your court now, jackass.

Are you new to football? Any team, can lose at any time. There is no such thing as a 'sure thing'. Have you been paying attention? At all?
post #24 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
Are you new to football? Any team, can lose at any time. There is no such thing as a 'sure thing'. Have you been paying attention? At all?
Yes, they can, but you saying it's a "big IF" implies you think they'll lose. Give me the points and put your money down big mouth. You talk shit all the time. Now I'm calling you on it. If UT winning out is such a "big IF," pick the game you think they'll lose and give me the points. If (and it doesn't have to be a big one) you don't want to pick a game you think they'll lose and cough up the points, then I guess it's not such a "big IF" afterall now is it?

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
post #25 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Yes, they can, but you saying it's a "big IF" implies you think they'll lose. Give me the points and put your money down big mouth. You talk shit all the time. Now I'm calling you on it. If UT winning out is such a "big IF," pick the game you think they'll lose and give me the points. If (and it doesn't have to be a big one) you don't want to pick a game you think they'll lose and cough up the points, then I guess it's not such a "big IF" afterall now is it?
So, if I don't lay money out that makes my point less valid? Lmao. Whatever you have to tell yourself, buddy. I haven't bet money on sports in a few years, so I suppose in your mind that makes you the bigger man? I've done avatar bets and that's about it. I'd offer up something interesting there, but I already have one lined up on an Nfl game.

The game they are in the most trouble with, is obviously this weekend. You it nuthuggers seem to think you already have this game in the bag. Sure, OU has t been whAt I expected them to be so far this year. But you're either foolish, or lying to yourself if you don't think the same about UT.To be honest, I haven't looked at the teasips schedule beyond this week, so I don't even know who they play from here on out.

And before you start flapping your cock holster about me making a SoS comment, I'm referring to who they have played thus far.
post #26 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 12:43 PM
I got your Jihad!!

I see it this way, the #1 and #2 teams are undefeated. To take their place the 1 or 2 teams have to lose so until that happens its Fla #1 and Tex #2, so Bama can suck it!

2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC
2005 Big Dog Chopper 117ci
post #27 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
So, if I don't lay money out that makes my point less valid? Lmao. Whatever you have to tell yourself, buddy. I haven't bet money on sports in a few years, so I suppose in your mind that makes you the bigger man? I've done avatar bets and that's about it. I'd offer up something interesting there, but I already have one lined up on an Nfl game.

The game they are in the most trouble with, is obviously this weekend. You it nuthuggers seem to think you already have this game in the bag. Sure, OU has t been whAt I expected them to be so far this year. But you're either foolish, or lying to yourself if you don't think the same about UT.To be honest, I haven't looked at the teasips schedule beyond this week, so I don't even know who they play from here on out.

And before you start flapping your cock holster about me making a SoS comment, I'm referring to who they have played thus far.
I figured you'd run and hide. You're just a chickenshit piece of trash who can't shut his pie hole unless it's filled with some OU football player's dick. Oh, and I seem to remember many posts where you were talking about OU going to be great this season.

There is no doubt this is UT's biggest game of the year, but they'll be ready. They were better than OU last season and they are better this season as well. UT has been exactly what I expected them to be this year -- winners of every game thus far and taking their time developing a new core of receivers. In fact, they've been better than I thought they'd be at times, and 100% of the time on defense. It's not easy to play at the defensive level they are when 3 out of your 4 down linemen are now playing on Sundays. As for their schedule, well they have OU, then Mizzou and tOSU on the road. It'll be tough enough because everyone is gunning for them, but they'll be favored in every game the rest of the way.

Go ahead and start making your excuses now so we won't be shocked after the game Saturday. You said Texas winning is a "big IF," and I'm just waiting on you to put your money where your mouth is.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
post #28 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 04:05 PM
CEO of......

Y'all make me laugh.
post #29 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
I figured you'd run and hide. You're just a chickenshit piece of trash who can't shut his pie hole unless it's filled with some OU football player's dick. Oh, and I seem to remember many posts where you were talking about OU going to be great this season.

Bad shit happens when you have an entire new O line, your Heisman winning QB gets hurt, your starting AND backup TE get hurt, etc. They've had injury after injury after injury. It's football. Shit happens. And if you actually go back and read, I haven't said a whole lot about OU this year. Not since Bradford got hurt in week 1.

Quote:
There is no doubt this is UT's biggest game of the year, but they'll be ready. They were better than OU last season and they are better this season as well. UT has been exactly what I expected them to be this year -- winners of every game thus far and taking their time developing a new core of receivers. In fact, they've been better than I thought they'd be at times, and 100% of the time on defense. It's not easy to play at the defensive level they are when 3 out of your 4 down linemen are now playing on Sundays. As for their schedule, well they have OU, then Mizzou and tOSU on the road. It'll be tough enough because everyone is gunning for them, but they'll be favored in every game the rest of the way.

Go ahead and start making your excuses now so we won't be shocked after the game Saturday. You said Texas winning is a "big IF," and I'm just waiting on you to put your money where your mouth is.

lol. Then you're overly positive. Because everyone I know, fan or not, commentators, etc are ALL talking about how shitty UT played last week. That was as pathetic of a game as Dallas vs KC this week. slow99, Vertnut, and several others who are huge UT supporters, have ALL admitted how lackluster UT has been this year. They keep playing at the same level, they're going to lose. Period.

Now there's the big question of who is going to start at RB for them on Saturday. McGee and Newton likely out, and UT WILL NOT beat OU without a run game. They can't rely on the pass alone and plan on winning.

So, back to this whole chickenshit thing because I won't bet. Are you kidding? I'm running and hiding because I won't bet? Seriously? You're letting your political ignorance bleed over in to the rest of your brain.

If it will shut you up, fine. $20 says UT drops a game this season. What game, doesn't matter. How they lose, doesn't matter. UT WILL drop a game this season, period. Lock it in, or shut your two cock garage.
post #30 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 04:15 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Bad shit happens when you have an entire new O line, your Heisman winning QB gets hurt, your starting AND backup TE get hurt, etc. They've had injury after injury after injury. It's football. Shit happens. And if you actually go back and read, I haven't said a whole lot about OU this year. Not since Bradford got hurt in week 1.

lol. Then you're overly positive. Because everyone I know, fan or not, commentators, etc are ALL talking about how shitty UT played last week. That was as pathetic of a game as Dallas vs KC this week. slow99, Vertnut, and several others who are huge UT supporters, have ALL admitted how lackluster UT has been this year. They keep playing at the same level, they're going to lose. Period.

Now there's the big question of who is going to start at RB for them on Saturday. McGee and Newton likely out, and UT WILL NOT beat OU without a run game. They can't rely on the pass alone and plan on winning.

So, back to this whole chickenshit thing because I won't bet. Are you kidding? I'm running and hiding because I won't bet? Seriously? You're letting your political ignorance bleed over in to the rest of your brain.

If it will shut you up, fine. $20 says UT drops a game this season. What game, doesn't matter. How they lose, doesn't matter. UT WILL drop a game this season, period. Lock it in, or shut your two cock garage.
Damnit don't make that bet. It will jinx Texas. And since Texas has two RB out are you saying OU will win on Saturday? Cause you said that Texas wil not win without a running game. I don't think Texas will run the ball that much but with McCoy back there Texas still has a good shot at winning.

post #31 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
Damnit don't make that bet. It will jinx Texas. And since Texas has two RB out are you saying OU will win on Saturday? Cause you said that Texas wil not win without a running game. I don't think Texas will run the ball that much but with McCoy back there Texas still has a good shot at winning.

They aren't out for sure yet. At least not that I've seen. However, yes, I think the outcome of the game will rely heavily on what UT's run game looks like. Just my opinion, of course.

You also have to consider even if one or both do play, neither will be at 100%, and Reynolds and the rest of the front 7 are going to take advantage of that and do their best to expose it.

I agree that McCoy gives them a good chance any time he's on the field. So does Shipley. I just don't think they can win with a one sided (passing) attack. Granted, they were able to beat Colorado with little running game last week. But special teams won that game, not UT's offense, as far as I'm concerned.
post #32 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 04:28 PM
Resident Epicurean

To add to that, you know damn well Stoops has been paying attention. I bet he's been game planning for the fact that UT's rush has been, or will be weak. That means he's been focusing on the secondary in all likelihood.

Now, there's always the flip side to it too. If the above is the case, it could blow up in his face if UT is overexaggerating the extent of the injuries to McGee and Newton. It's all a gamble at this point. OU hasn't been playing their best, and UT hasn't either.
post #33 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 10:56 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
This is true -- no matter who the team/fans are. There's no reason to be upset over the flip to #3 or reason to be surprised -- especially with the media love fest for the SEC. Someone may want to tell 'Bama that 5 FG's won't get it done against UT or Florida though.

you are joking right, 5 fgs would beat UT their offense would be lucky to score more then 14points. Bama Offense sucks, but their D is the real deal. So far the only team to shut down Va tech and the razorbacks (I know they suck blah blah blah, but still have a top 10 offense) offense.

post #34 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 08:47 AM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
LOL Glad to see comprehension owns you. You were the one implying UT would lose a game, so pick the game, give me the points, and let's make a bet. $100. You're such the expert, so step up.

As for UT struggling last week, that's a bit of an unusual statement. They moved the ball well in the first half, but didn't come away with a TD until the closing part of the first half. After that, the offense didn't get on the field much because the ST and defense played so well. It's hard to judge anything based on that. Either way, they've been impressive. As I said, averaging over 500 yards of offense coming into that game is hardly struggling. They'll be ready and OU is going down. Bradford had better bring his thick pads as he's going to need them.

So, pick the game, lay the points, and let's bet $100 since you're so sure UT will lose.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
post #35 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 08:56 AM
Banned

I don't get this Alabama love. There's some espn clip of a guy saying that Alabama is the best team in college football. I think Florida and Utah would both have something to say about that.
post #36 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 09:00 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
I don't get this Alabama love. There's some espn clip of a guy saying that Alabama is the best team in college football. I think Florida and Utah would both have something to say about that.
Utah?....?

Do you ever really watch the sports you post about (UFC/CFB?) because I'm really starting to wonder if you just picked up on ESPN and Sherdog this year or something.
post #37 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 10:15 AM
Saint's heart sinner skin

UT might not be better than Bama right now. Who knows unless they play each other? They definitely aren't nearly as good as they were last year. I've seen some delusional fans saying they're better. HOW??? You lose Orakpo, Miller, Cosby, etc. and I don't know how anyone could think that.

Last year, I think UT could have beaten any team in the nation 8/10 times, Florida included. This year, not so much. I think it's more like 5 or 6/10. They have the talent and desire... but this starting off slow for HALF the game just isn't gonna cut it against top tier teams. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I know that Greg Davis is showing huge flashes of his play-calling from like '02. Simply horrible. Oklahoma isn't as bad as everyone is acting. Texas WILL have their hands full this weekend. A loss is very possible for UT. Just my .10.
post #38 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 10:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Utah?....?

Do you ever really watch the sports you post about (UFC/CFB?) because I'm really starting to wonder if you just picked up on ESPN and Sherdog this year or something.
I don't guess you watched Alabama's bowl game last season. Utah 31, Alabama 17.

Other than V-tech, who has Alabama played this year? Ole Miss is an ok team at best. Just another overrated SEC team. Coming into the game with Alabama, Ole Miss had an easy ass schedule and even lost one of them.
post #39 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 11:10 AM
Banned

Bama, in 6 games has scored 222 points. That's 37 ppg. They've had 75 points scored against them. That's 12.5 ppg. Difference is 24.5 ppg.

UT has scored 236 points in 5 games. That's 47.2 ppg. They've also had 75 points scored against them. That's 15 ppg. That's a difference of 32.2 ppg.

Yup, Bama kicks UT's ass all over the board. Other than having a slightly better defense playing schools with horrible offenses UT is better all around. At least seems to be.

EDIT: Yes, I'm a Texas homer but I know bullshit when I see/smell it.

Last edited by poopnut2; 10-14-2009 at 11:15 AM.
post #40 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 11:18 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
I don't guess you watched Alabama's bowl game last season. Utah 31, Alabama 17.

Other than V-tech, who has Alabama played this year? Ole Miss is an ok team at best. Just another overrated SEC team. Coming into the game with Alabama, Ole Miss had an easy ass schedule and even lost one of them.
V-tech is a VERY good team. And are we talking this year or last year? Because I don't recall Utah beating them this year or being up there in the rankings currently...

Quote:
Bama, in 6 games has scored 222 points. That's 37 ppg. They've had 75 points scored against them. That's 12.5 ppg. Difference is 24.5 ppg.

UT has scored 236 points in 5 games. That's 47.2 ppg. They've also had 75 points scored against them. That's 15 ppg. That's a difference of 32.2 ppg.

Yup, Bama kicks UT's ass all over the board. Other than having a slightly better defense playing schools with horrible offenses UT is better all around. At least seems to be.

EDIT: Yes, I'm a Texas homer but I know bullshit when I see/smell it.
Geez...look at the level of competition UT has played vs Bama...God damn it hurts sometimes to read your posts.

and this is coming from an SEC fucking hater...I cannot STAND the SEC.
post #41 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
V-tech is a VERY good team. And are we talking this year or last year? Because I don't recall Utah beating them this year or being up there in the rankings currently...

Geez...look at the level of competition UT has played vs Bama...God damn it hurts sometimes to read your posts.

and this is coming from an SEC fucking hater...I cannot STAND the SEC.
Other than Vtech who has Bama played? You want to talk about competition? Utah never gets ranked very high because of their SoS. Then they went and beat the piss out of Alabama in their bowl game last year when Alabama was supposed to win that easily. I can't remember, but didn't Alabama go in to the SEC championship as number 1? They're an overrated team.

Everybody says that UT is overrated this year but have time and time and again pulled off drastic wins. The only close one was Tech and UT and those are always good games due to the rivalry. They haven't played anybody? They played tech who might be a two loss team but that those were to UT and Houston, probably the most UNDERrated team in the nation.

You're level of comprehension is so shallow it's mind boggling. Learn to form a complex thought and get back to me.
post #42 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 11:35 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod66stang View Post
UT might not be better than Bama right now. Who knows unless they play each other? They definitely aren't nearly as good as they were last year. I've seen some delusional fans saying they're better. HOW??? You lose Orakpo, Miller, Cosby, etc. and I don't know how anyone could think that.

Last year, I think UT could have beaten any team in the nation 8/10 times, Florida included. This year, not so much. I think it's more like 5 or 6/10. They have the talent and desire... but this starting off slow for HALF the game just isn't gonna cut it against top tier teams. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I know that Greg Davis is showing huge flashes of his play-calling from like '02. Simply horrible. Oklahoma isn't as bad as everyone is acting. Texas WILL have their hands full this weekend. A loss is very possible for UT. Just my .10.

Good to see not all UT fans are blithering fucking idiots, like Juiceweezl.
post #43 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
The SEC ALWAYS has a favored bias. It's been that way for years. Since the SEC is viewed as such a 'tough' conference, they will always be favored. You could take an undefeated UT team, and a one loss SEC team, like say Florida, and Florida will be ranked higher in people's minds (not necessarily the BCS, but it does influence the BCS).

This is only part of the reason I hate the SEC.
post #44 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
LOL Glad to see comprehension owns you. You were the one implying UT would lose a game, so pick the game, give me the points, and let's make a bet. $100. You're such the expert, so step up.

As for UT struggling last week, that's a bit of an unusual statement. They moved the ball well in the first half, but didn't come away with a TD until the closing part of the first half. After that, the offense didn't get on the field much because the ST and defense played so well. It's hard to judge anything based on that. Either way, they've been impressive. As I said, averaging over 500 yards of offense coming into that game is hardly struggling. They'll be ready and OU is going down. Bradford had better bring his thick pads as he's going to need them.

So, pick the game, lay the points, and let's bet $100 since you're so sure UT will lose.

I laid out the bet, now you won't do it unless it's on your terms. Who's the pussy? Back on ignore you go....
post #45 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 11:40 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
just wanted to point out that if the D is so good, they should be stopping the other team and getting turnovers, getting the offense out on the field. Not saying their D isn't good, just pointing out that your statement isn't quite right.
Get out of here with all that logic.
post #46 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
The SEC ALWAYS has a favored bias. It's been that way for years. Since the SEC is viewed as such a 'tough' conference, they will always be favored. You could take an undefeated UT team, and a one loss SEC team, like say Florida, and Florida will be ranked higher in people's minds (not necessarily the BCS, but it does influence the BCS).

This is only part of the reason I hate the SEC.
I can't stress THIS enough. I love UT without a doubt, but I'm in no way saying they're the best team in the nation. I honestly think that Florida still deserves that rank, but I can say with total conviction that they're better than Alabama.
post #47 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
I can't stress THIS enough. I love UT without a doubt, but I'm in no way saying they're the best team in the nation. I honestly think that Florida still deserves that rank, but I can say with total conviction that they're better than Alabama.
I still think Florida is overrated. One more big hit and Tebow won't ever be the same again. Not that it matters much. He won't amount to anything in the NFL at the QB position.
post #48 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
just wanted to point out that if the D is so good, they should be stopping the other team and getting turnovers, getting the offense out on the field. Not saying their D isn't good, just pointing out that your statement isn't quite right.
I think one of Colorados TD's was on a turnover at like the 11 yard line. They only had one good offensive drive the entire game. Didn't UT's defense score on an interception? I think they scored on a blocked punt, too. You can call that special teams, but the defense held them to their own endzone and most special teams consist mainly of defensive players.

Just sayin'.
post #49 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 11:45 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
I'm not convince they are better then Bama...nor am I convinced Bama is better than them.

But what does matter is if UT wins out they are in the NC game no matter what and we can see then. All this who deserves #1/2/3 is retarded...Bama will have to play UF if they both win out so they will get the #1 or 2 spot and UT will get the other.
post #50 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
I still think Florida is overrated. One more big hit and Tebow won't ever be the same again. Not that it matters much. He won't amount to anything in the NFL at the QB position.
They might not be what they were last year but they're undefeated this year and made all the OU fans cry like bitches last year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement