DFW Mustang Forums banner

Ok it's here. Texas/OU week

6K views 160 replies 28 participants last post by  GSXR_Mike 
#1 ·
You know even with OU losing two games I still think this will be a close game all the way to the end. Texas hasn't really shown anything when playing someone decent. But I say it will be 38-28 Texas, but it will be close for 3 quarters.

#3 ·
Both teams will come out guns a blazin' for sure. I'm thinking 41-24 UT. UT's defense is good enough to shut the shaky run game that OU has right now, and UT's secondary is pretty damn good. OU's defense is good, too, but after this last game against colorado, UT is due for a good offensive showing. I think the week off actually hurt them more than anything.

#35 ·
How hurt are McGee and Newton? The run game was shut down for Texas against Colorado and they are like 100th in the nation against the run. I think both teams run game will be shaky, moreso OU, but I don't think Texas runs it much.

Probably a fumble by Bradford because of the line and a special teams touchdown for Texas, even though OU has been much better this year......kickoff's are still waaaaay short. Punt the ball out of bounds and DO NOT GIVE SHIPLEY a chance.

I really have no idea of how the game is going to go, watching Bradford throw, his passes were so pretty............against Baylor.......Texas will be charging his ass. If OU can run, they have a chance........otherwise..........31-17 Texas.

#4 ·
I think this year is the hardest to predict. We really have no idea what OU is on offense. The only tests OU has had this year as an offense, Bradford was out. UT was less than impressive at home against Tech. This one is going to come down to coaching and who can make the right adjustments. I just think OU doesn't have it this year, no line, no receivers and the D can't seem to make the plays when they have to. Maybe they will come up big but I don't see them pulling it out this year. They have just lost too much from last year and they don't seem to have gelled as team with what they do have.

#8 ·
It will be closer than I'd like, but I'd love to see a final score of 91-0 Texas. Just because we all know that Stoops would do it if he had the chance. Let's not forget the 2003 final score of 65-13 OU, the 2000 final score of 63-14 OU.
Yeah I would love to forget those years. Thanks alot ass.:spank:

#11 ·
I hope Texas blitz the shit out of bradford. Not so he will get hurt I just want Texas go to the national championship. Cause after this game it should, god please, should be a cake walk.

#33 ·
Friends, OrangeBloods, Texas folk, raise up and cheer;
I come to bury sooner, not to praise him.

The evil that sooner does lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones;
So let it be with OU.
The haughty Okies
Hath told you OU is greatness:
This is not so, it is a grievous sham,
And next Saturday, OU will be laid to rest,
Here, under shadows of Dallas and the rest--
For Okies are not honourable men;
But the Longhorns, the noblest of men--
Come I to speak at OU's funeral.

Sooner is not a friend, not to me:
But Sooner sayeth he is ambitious;
And that Sooner is an honourable team.

He hath brought many losees home from Dallas
Whose losses did the fans of OU despise:
Did this in OU seem ambitious?
When that the drunk hath cried, OU hath wept:
Ambition should be made of Texas Pride:
Yet Sooner says he is ambitious;
But Okies are not honourable men.

You all have seen that at the Cotton Bowl
We presented them with many a beating,
Which OU does venhemently deny: is this honour?
Yet OU says to be ambitious;
And, again, they are not honourable men.

I speak not to disprove what Sooner claims,
But here I am to speak what I do know: 57-40-5.

You all do love our Great State, with plenty cause:
What cause withholds you then, to smite the crimson and cream Okies?
O judgment! thou art fled to homerism,
And men have lost their reason.
Bear with me;
OU will lay in the coffin with their 3.
2 beer,
And I must pause till rational thoughts come back to me.

But yesterday the word of Mack Brown might
Have stood against the world; now he prepares to smite the Sooners.

And none so deserving more of this fate than Sooner.

O Texans, if I were disposed to stir
Your hearts and minds to mutiny and rage,
We would do Texas justice, as we chant "OU SUCKS",
Who, you all know, are not honorable men:
I will do them wrong; I rather choose
To wrong the Okies, to wrong that wasteland called Oklahoma and Stoops,
One should receive the blessing of all that is good.

But here's a parchment with the seal of the ancient greats;
I found it in their closet, 'tis their will:
Let but the Texans hear this testament--
Which, pardon me, I do not mean to read--
And they would go and cause Okies wounds
And dip their ladels in their tainted crimson,
Yea, snatch a chinstrap of Sooner for memory,
And, dying, mention it within their wills,
Bequeathing it as a rich legacy
Unto their issue.

#36 ·
I run a sober living home for recovering alcoholics and addicts. I just flat out don't have the time anymore..... I also run a haunted house review site, www.dfwhauntworld.com, and am in very active in my home church, as well as my personal recovery. Not enuff hours in the day.....But I can make an exception for the game of the year.

#39 ·
Oh and if you are as much an ass in person as you are on here, I wouldn't be able to sit through the game with you.............

I watch it with Texas fans I grew up with and they are not as hateful and arrogant toward's OU because I'm an OU fan....at least to my face..........

#55 ·
Opening line is Texas -1.5, I expect that to move north of -3 by the time the game comes around..............I'll take that any day for $100 Bob. Texas that is.......

Side Note: Apparently Broyles' injury was less than expected and depending on how he practices this week, is going to try and play against Texas.

#67 ·
Sure hasn't been as much talk going on about this game compared to years past.

#69 ·
I know it doesn't mean squat in the grand scheme of things but it's a wierd coincidence.......

In the past 12 years everytime Miami wins the Miami vs. FSU rivalry game, OU wins the RRR and when FSU wins, Texas wins.........

The winners of these rivalry games each year since 1997

2009 Miami

2008 FSU and Texas
2007 Miami and Oklahoma
2006 FSU and Texas
2005 FSU and Texas
2004 Miami and Oklahoma
2003 Miami and Oklahoma
2002 Miami and Oklahoma
2001 Miami and Oklahoma
2000 Miami and Oklahoma
1999 FSU and Texas
1998 FSU and Texas
1997 FSU and Texas

#74 ·
Well, so far, I am looking on the streets downtown, and not seeing any Okietards wandering around. People normally start rolling into here about noon, but nothing. Could be a quite year.

I've been out and about all day, and seen TONS of Oklahoma plates and a sea of maroon SUVs. Perhaps the weather doubts made people make other plans for today. For the record, I've spent the majority of the day in The Colony, Plano, Frisco, McKinney area. Kinda hard for people to be in two places at once.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.