Cowboys: Information Leaked to Media - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
SVT God

Cowboys: Information Leaked to Media

I wonder if the shit is about to hit the fan. I am listening to 105.3 The Fan and they are reporting that on the show Inside the NFL, "a source in the Dallas cowboys organization leaked info saying they are losing confidence in Tony Romo. This is what they are referring to.

Quote:
Insider Michael Lombardi claimed: "In talking to the people in the (Cowboys) organization, they are losing a little confidence in Tony Romo. Tony Romo is not doing the things they wanted him to. He is not winning games down the stretch, as he has done in the past. They are disappointed in his play. And certainly with TO gone now, there are no more excuses. Tony Romo now is the guy that the bullet in on.
Basically Arnie of the fan, is saying we need to find out who this rat is and get them the f*ck out of here. He is now asking callers how long is Romo gonna be a Cowboy?

2010 Chevy Equinox
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 - RC 3" lift, 31" Duratracs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Lifer

i dont think that is really leaked info. I think deductive reasoning could tell you this- or at least it did for me.
post #3 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 08:20 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Subcribing to see what Brent has to say...

Shrimp'n ain't easy....

post #4 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Genetically Blessed

The Dallas Tampons...only good for one period and no 2nd string.
post #5 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Time Served

Romo has been taking a beating by the fans since the lose to the Broncos. Romo will be ok. Win as a team, loose as a team.

Under my hood twisting some wrenches!!!
post #6 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwild View Post
Romo has been taking a beating by the fans since the lose to the Broncos. Romo will be ok. Win as a team, loose as a team.
What you think the team lost against the Giants? Give me a fucking break. Romo gift wrap that win for the Giants.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
post #7 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
What you think the team lost against the Giants? Give me a fucking break. Romo gift wrap that win for the Giants.
And he also put them in a position to win the game with 3 minutes left on the clock. Romo blew that game, but the defense blew it too.

I really don't believe they're losing confidence in Romo. The players have pledged nothing but support for him. The problem, imo, is the play-calling.

Next season: Mike Holmgren as head coach, Norv Turner as OC. You heard it here first.

post #8 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 11:36 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
And he also put them in a position to win the game with 3 minutes left on the clock. Romo blew that game, but the defense blew it too.

I really don't believe they're losing confidence in Romo. The players have pledged nothing but support for him. The problem, imo, is the play-calling.

Next season: Mike Holmgren as head coach, Norv Turner as OC. You heard it here first.
How can you blame the defense? Hell all those turnovers were in cowboy territory. Kinda hard to keep a NFL team from scoring when they are only 30-40 yards from the endzone after the turnovers.

post #9 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 11:38 PM
Time Served

im losing faith to put his ass back on the bench for a year and see what happens
post #10 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 11:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad306 View Post
im losing faith to put his ass back on the bench for a year and see what happens
If you do that, you might as well cut his sorry ass.

post #11 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 11:41 PM
Lifer

Quote:
How can you blame the defense? Hell all those turnovers were in cowboy territory. Kinda hard to keep a NFL team from scoring when they are only 30-40 yards from the endzone after the turnovers.
Because the defense let the Giants march 90 yards down the field in the final 3 minutes. Romo put them up 31-26. He may have blown it but he put them in a position to win too. The Giants even had a penalty and had to complete either a 1st & 20 or a 2nd & 20, I don't remember which. But because they can let the Giants make plays like that at THE most crucial point in the game means they're as equally as responsible as Romo.

post #12 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 11:42 PM
Time Served

i agree but also in that game if those turn overs didnt happened would have problem been a different game
post #13 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 11:44 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Because the defense let the Giants march 90 yards down the field in the final 3 minutes. Romo put them up 31-26. He may have blown it but he put them in a position to win too. The Giants even had a penalty and had to complete either a 1st & 20 or a 2nd & 20, I don't remember which. But because they can let the Giants make plays like that at THE most crucial point in the game means they're as equally as responsible as Romo.
Romo didn't turn the ball over the cowboys would have had a larger lead. Plus I bet the defense was on the field alot more then the offense. You get tired after awhile. It look like the defense just got tired at the end of the game. So by romo turning it over so much didn't help the defense. It all comes back to Romo and his turnovers. So yeah it's Romo's fault they lost that game.

post #14 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 11:45 PM
Lifer

I'm not saying those turnovers didn't contribute, but it had less to do with them being tired and more to do with them playing like ass. The secondary played like shit all night, and until the 2nd half, the run blocking was great. But the Giants busted that wide open in the 3rd and 4th. You don't allow 450 yards against your defense and put all the blame on the QB.

post #15 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 11:51 PM
Lifer

I lost confidence three seasons ago. And under Wade Philips with his nonchalant attitude, Romo is not going to get any better. He's had zero success in the post season and he tends to choke in big games. I think his skill set is nothing better than a back up QB. Why he is swimming in money and endorsement deals is beyond me.

I say at this point why not let Kitna have a crack at it. Romo has been terrible thus far. He sucks and his attitude is even worse. I don't think he's truly dejected by a loss. I think his attitude is more like bummer we'll try again next week. He's not a true football player. If you take Brett Favre and then look for the antonym of what that consist of it would be Romochoke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #16 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 11:52 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I'm not saying those turnovers didn't contribute, but it had less to do with them being tired and more to do with them playing like ass. The secondary played like shit all night, and until the 2nd half, the run blocking was great. But the Giants busted that wide open in the 3rd and 4th. You don't allow 450 yards against your defense and put all the blame on the QB.
The defense gave up 26 points. Romo threw a INT that was return for a TD. So really it was all Romo's fault.

post #17 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Lifer

The reason you give up 450 yards is because of all the turnovers. Extra possesions = extra yards. The defense even got a INT I believe that game, so I think the Giants game was a no brainer.... it was ROMO's fault.

Cowboys to the Super Bowl!!!!!
post #18 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 12:09 AM
Lifer

Less than 100 of those yards were from interceptions. And no, our defense didn't have a single turnover or takeaway.

post #19 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
SVT God

Wade Wilson the QB coach needs to go now. Just look at what a great job he did with Rex Grossman. Rex trashed Wilson after he left. Wade Wilson wasn't missed at all when he was suspended by the league for 5 games.

They also need to find out who is leaking sh*t to the media.

2010 Chevy Equinox
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 - RC 3" lift, 31" Duratracs
post #20 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Lifer

IRVING, Texas -- Tony Romo learned from Troy Aikman that it's not always "lollipops and chocolates and fun times" being the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.

These days, Romo's chats with former QBs amount to therapy while he endures talk that he has gone from an undisciplined turnover machine to a conservative handoff fiend who misses receivers when he does throw. Or talk that he didn't know it was fourth down before the final end-zone incompletion during Sunday's 17-10 loss at Denver.

Tony Romo, QB
Dallas Cowboys

2009 Statistics
Passer Rating: 79.4
Passing Yards: 990
TD/INT: 4/4
Or three-time Super Bowl winner Tom Brady second-guessing Romo's frequent passes in the direction of Champ Bailey, the Broncos' Pro Bowl cornerback, last weekend.

Romo said Thursday that those chats help since the quarterbacks tell him their time was no bed of roses, either.

"There's a lot of hard work and effort and a lot of people beating you down," Romo said while surrounded by cameras and tape recorders at his locker. "You have to have a stronger belief in yourself than the disbelief of others."

Heading to Kansas City to play the winless Chiefs on Sunday, the Cowboys are 2-2 when their legion of critics figured they would have to be 3-1 or 4-0 to have a chance to end a franchise-long 13-year stretch without a playoff victory.

Romo was at the focal point of both losses, his three interceptions leading to three touchdowns for New York in the Giants' 33-31 victory and his fumble jump-starting the Broncos when they trailed 10-0 in the second quarter.

Woodson: Looking for leaders
When I look at the Cowboys, I see two issues: Who are the playmakers, and who are the leaders?

The one playmaker they did have (Terrell Owens) is now in Buffalo. So who are the playmakers? At receiver, there are none. I don't care what anyone says, and people can argue for Roy Williams. But it isn't going to be true, for the fact he hasn't done it in the past and won't do it in the future.

And who is the leader in Dallas? If you show me a team that doesn't have leaders, you're showing me a team that can't win. Who do you go to? Who can keep people under control? Who has that calming, or even the rah-rah voice, on the sideline? There are none in Dallas. Until they find a leader, a person they can turn to, they'll never win.

-- Rod Woodson "Last week doesn't indicate what kind of football team this is," Romo said. "It doesn't make us waver in our belief of what we can accomplish this season. We feel very strongly going forward. Now we've got to go out and do it."

Dallas won its opener at Tampa Bay thanks to several long passes from Romo, but a 21-7 victory over the Carolina Panthers featured only one offensive touchdown and a lot more success running the ball than throwing it. Suddenly everyone wanted to know whether the Cowboys were transforming Romo into the leader of a grind-it-out offense.

Now everyone wants to know where Romo is mentally after another pedestrian passing day that included several bad throws to open receivers.

"Tony's fine," Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said. "He's going to do well because he works so hard at what he does. He's a talented guy that cares. I think he'll do better and better."

At the very least, Phillips, the Cowboys and their quarterback insist Romo can count to four. Video from a local TV station caught Romo holding up three fingers and talking to officials after he threw incomplete on third and fourth down from the Denver 2-yard line in the final seconds.

Talk radio lit up with speculation that Romo didn't know it was fourth down, and the chatter was loud enough for the team to issue a statement explaining that the quarterback saw a down marker with a "3" and believed the referees might have made a mistake. Phillips and Romo basically told the same story the next two days.

"That's kind of ridiculous," Phillips said. "Somebody saw him talking to (officials) and just went off on some ludicrous statement that Tony didn't know what was going on or something. It's amazing what happens."

Williams wonders what happened
Roy Williams is nursing sore ribs and some sore feelings about his on-the-field connection with Tony Romo, saying "this is not what I envisioned by no means." More ... On his radio show, Brady said he found it amazing that the Cowboys kept throwing at Bailey, who ruined a third-quarter scoring chance with an interception and broke up both of Romo's final two passes in the end zone.

"I can't imagine you go into a game thinking, 'Oh, let's really go after this guy and see if he can make the plays,'" said Brady, who gave up a 100-yard interception return to Bailey in a playoff loss at Denver four seasons ago.

Romo said the chatter wasn't affecting him. Leonard Davis, one of his offensive linemen, agreed.

"I don't think anything's wrong with him," Davis said. "People are going to talk. Everybody's got their opinion. Nobody really cares about anybody's opinion because their opinion is not the reality. I don't think him or anyone else cares about what anybody else thinks."

Notes: Cowboys C Andre Gurode, who injured his right knee last weekend, has returned to practice, but WR Roy Williams remains sidelined by a rib injury. Phillips didn't rule out Williams playing against the Chiefs. ... RB Felix Jones (knee) likely will miss his second consecutive game, and Phillips said doctors probably won't clear S Gerald Sensabaugh (thumb) to play this week.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
post #21 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 08:36 AM
Lifer

Good, now lets dump romo and pick up a new qb before the november deadline.

1967 Camaro SS/RS
post #22 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 08:39 AM
Time Served

I tried to back Romo and not blame the whole wrap on him, but I'm done. He turned into a piss-poor QB and his career is over. JJ needs to figure something out unless he wants to end up 2-14....

03 Mach1
02 Sierra
post #23 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95snake View Post
Good, now lets dump romo and pick up a new qb before the november deadline.

You people crack me up. There isn't anybody out there better than Romo. I wouldn't mind seeing them pick up Jeff Garcia, but Philly beat them to the punch. But he wouldn't be to replace Romo, he'd be to replace Kitna. And seeing as how the dumbasses traded Anthony Henry straight up for Kitna, doing so would be a complete waste of a trade.

So, for all the idiots that say it's time for Romo to go, who exactly, do you propose should take his place? Anyone with talent, is already signed. But I'll anxiously await all of ya'lls retarded answers.
post #24 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 09:16 AM
Lifer

Dennis dixon ftw

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #25 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Lifer

Jeff Garcia is a free agent now. Philly released him. There really isn't anyone worth grabbing.
post #26 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
You people crack me up. There isn't anybody out there better than Romo. I wouldn't mind seeing them pick up Jeff Garcia, but Philly beat them to the punch. But he wouldn't be to replace Romo, he'd be to replace Kitna. And seeing as how the dumbasses traded Anthony Henry straight up for Kitna, doing so would be a complete waste of a trade.

So, for all the idiots that say it's time for Romo to go, who exactly, do you propose should take his place? Anyone with talent, is already signed. But I'll anxiously await all of ya'lls retarded answers.
haha are you kidding?

This year we are obviously not going to get a replacement, but next year we need to figure something out.

03 Mach1
02 Sierra
post #27 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 09:19 AM
Lifer

im pretty positive that there is a handfull of qb's that would be better then romo this year including kitna

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #28 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 09:19 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
Subcribing to see what Brent has to say...
Name your sources, or the story isn't credible. This means about as much to me as a Canadian farting in Qeubec.

No sources, no credibility. That's how this works. I'll read the rest of this hooplah later. Headed off to see some customers.
post #29 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde21 View Post
haha are you kidding?

This year we are obviously not going to get a replacement, but next year we need to figure something out.
You dumbass, you're the one calling for someone right now. Right now, there isn't anyone available that is better than Romo. Period. End of story. Get it through your head.
post #30 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Doing things the lazy way

FuCk HoMo, DrOp HiS aSs already

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR
You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!
post #31 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Lifer

Quote:
You dumbass, you're the one calling for someone right now. Right now, there isn't anyone available that is better than Romo. Period. End of story. Get it through your head.
stop jockin romos nuts he isnt a good qb and there is better out there just let someone prove it

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #32 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
im pretty positive that there is a handfull of qb's that would be better then romo this year including kitna
Did you happen to catch any of the Dallas preseason games? Kitna was fucking AWFUL in the preseason. Terrible. Claiming he is better than Romo is completely assinine.

And I was a big supporter of brining Kitna in. Yeah, he was hurt all year last year, but in the few seasons leading up to last year, he was one of the most accurate passers in the NFL per his stats. But I've been less than impressed with each snap Kitna has taken this year. He's past his prime, and needs to be put out to pasture.
post #33 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
stop jockin romos nuts he isnt a good qb and there is better out there just let someone prove it
I'm not jocking anyone's nuts. Romo isn't the problem here. It's simple. You mean to tell me, one week, the guy puts up the best game of his entire career, and then two weeks later he's the worst QB in the NFL? I got $20, go buy a clue.
post #34 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 09:25 AM
Lifer

i think you have it the other way around... romo needs to be put down lmao like shawn johnson or w/e her name was lmao

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #35 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 09:26 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I'm not jocking anyone's nuts. Romo isn't the problem here. It's simple. You mean to tell me, one week, the guy puts up the best game of his entire career, and then two weeks later he's the worst QB in the NFL? I got $20, go buy a clue.
how do you go from breaking a PERSONAL best to breaking pretty much a PERSONAL worst the following week? thats terrible

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #36 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Robert Galarga

romo might not be the best in the league, but he is definitely better than what dallas has had in the last several years.. bledsoe, testeverde <-spck, and carter.. I'm not 100% sold on the guy but i would take him over what dallas had before

2004 pontiac gtslow
post #37 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Lifer

Do we really need to break down the list of terrible QB's we had until Romo.

Lets see...

Quincy Carter
Hutchinson
Leaf, yes Ryan Fucking Leaf
Bledsoe, past his prime
Vinny, well past his prime
Stoerner, I think he is installing roofs or something now
Alexander Wright
Randall Cunningham, past his prime

There is another guy in there but I don't remember his name, that is how good he was.

I have to say Romo is the best QB we have had since Troy, but, of course, your not comparing him to much either.

Funny, I just realized, we fielded 3 black quarterbacks. I never noticed.
post #38 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
Do we really need to break down the list of terrible QB's we had until Romo.

Lets see...

Quincy Carter
Hutchinson
Leaf, yes Ryan Fucking Leaf
Bledsoe, past his prime
Vinny, well past his prime
Stoerner, I think he is installing roofs or something now
Alexander Wright
Randall Cunningham
, past his prime

There is another guy in there but I don't remember his name, that is how good he was.

I have to say Romo is the best QB we have had since Troy, but, of course, your not comparing him to much either.

Funny, I just realized, we fielded 3 black quarterbacks. I never noticed.
I don't remember the cowboys having those two?

post #39 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Yup, I believe they both started a couple of games.
post #40 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 10:10 AM
Time Served

Romo sucks ass, maybe we can lose the rest of the season and try to pick up McCoy.

03 Cobra DSGvert
cai
upr/xpipe
magnaflow catback
2.76 pulley
amazon port eaton
billetflow idlers
post #41 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
Yes they were here, but he meant Anthony Wright.
post #42 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Robert Galarga

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikstang91 View Post
Romo sucks ass, maybe we can lose the rest of the season and try to pick up McCoy.
i like mccoy but i think
romo>mccoy

2004 pontiac gtslow
post #43 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
yea, anthony wright. Alexander Wright was a receiver, who I believe also played for the cowboys in the early 90's.
post #44 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
I thought they had a QB name wright just wasn't sure about Alexander.

post #45 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 10:17 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Hey retard I guarantee you Kitna would have had more completions than Romo did on Sunday. We need to find a solution to this problem. Next season or if it gets any worse 2nd string needs to step up.

03 Mach1
02 Sierra
post #46 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Jason Garret doesn't help with his shitty ass play calling, but pretty much every throw Romo threw, time or not, was at least 2 yards away from the receiver.

03 Mach1
02 Sierra
post #47 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
how do you go from breaking a PERSONAL best to breaking pretty much a PERSONAL worst the following week? thats terrible
I'm not saying he doesn't need to pull his head out of his ass.

The guy has proven he's got the talent. He's just got to get over the mental demons that are killing him. And unfortunately, performances like he had last week, don't help the situation.
post #48 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde21 View Post
Hey retard I guarantee you Kitna would have had more completions than Romo did on Sunday.
You can't possibly guarantee such a claim. ESPECIALLY if you watched any Kitna during the preseason.

Nobody logs preseason stats though, so all I have to go off of, is what I saw. And it was terrible. You either didn't watch, or weren't paying attention. If that was the case, Kitna would be the starter
post #49 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Time Served

Quote:
You can't possibly guarantee such a claim. ESPECIALLY if you watched any Kitna during the preseason.

Nobody logs preseason stats though, so all I have to go off of, is what I saw. And it was terrible. You either didn't watch, or weren't paying attention. If that was the case, Kitna would be the starter
I did watch. I also watched a few of our receivers not do shit as well. Either way you are right man Romo probably is our best bet for now, he does need to pull his head out of his ass and stop mopping around when he screws up. I just get tired of him not completing passes. I will say the game Sunday was totally him and Jason Garrett. done ranting.

03 Mach1
02 Sierra
post #50 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Lifer

Quote:
#28 Defense in the league, I'll go ahead and blame the Defense for losing two games in the last drive.

Romo's not doing himself any favors, but any moron can see that he is FAR from the only problem with this team.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement