Ufl - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Ufl

Watching PTI and this is the first I've heard about it. I know how the XFL went and hopefully this doesn't go the same way. Anybody else going to watch the innaugural game tonight? What are your expectations?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
Watching PTI and this is the first I've heard about it. I know how the XFL went and hopefully this doesn't go the same way. Anybody else going to watch the innaugural game tonight? What are your expectations?
I had no idea it was tonight? Who is televising it? HA I remember watching the opening of the first xfl game. Just terrible.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
I had no idea it was tonight? Who is televising it? HA I remember watching the opening of the first xfl game. Just terrible.
Versus!

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Old School

Wow, Texas HS games have more fans than whats in the stands. I wonder how long it will last.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX View Post
Wow, Texas HS games have more fans than whats in the stands. I wonder how long it will last.
I was not able to watch. Oh well. Was it a good game or no?

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 07:45 AM

yeah I missed it too. Wonder if it will last 3 weeks?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 08:29 AM
Lifer

I watched half of the 4th quarter. The Las Vegas team was running all over the California team. The tackling was pretty poor, the speed of the players is definitely slower. But, it wasn't very sloppy for the most part. There was some descent running by the vegas back. Lossman was the QB, so yea, we know how that goes. Overall it falls right between college and NFL. From the 1/2 quarter I saw.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpawl View Post
yeah I missed it too. Wonder if it will last 3 weeks?
From what I read on Wikipedia, they should have enough financing to keep them afloat through 2011, when the player's union contract is up for renewal. Basically, if there's an NFL strike, they want to be there to take advantage of it.

Reading some of the rule changes, I like some dislike some.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 08:41 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
From what I read on Wikipedia, they should have enough financing to keep them afloat through 2011, when the player's union contract is up for renewal. Basically, if there's an NFL strike, they want to be there to take advantage of it.

Reading some of the rule changes, I like some dislike some.
What were some of the rule changes?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
HERE WE GO STEELERS

No Tuck Rule - The Tuck rule is one of the most controversial rules in the NFL. In the NFL, if a passer brings his arm forward in a passing motion and then loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back toward his body, it's considered a forward pass (and thus an incomplete pass if the ball hits the ground). In the UFL, it would be called a fumble either way.

Touchdown celebrations - Celebrations, individual or group, will only take place in the endzones and on the bench area.

Fumbling out of the endzones - If the ball is fumbled out of the endzone, it will be placed back at the spot of the fumble, pending which team last had possession.

Intentional grounding - A quarterback is allowed to intentionally ground the ball anywhere behind the line of scrimmage if he is under pressure.

Instant replay - All reviews will be viewed upstairs by the replay official and he will only have 90 seconds for review.
Overtime - Both teams will be guaranteed at least one possession. When a team scores, the other team will get a last chance to score on the next drive. Similar to the College football rule.

Officials - instead of the traditional black-and-white uniforms, UFL referees wear a red polo shirt with black pants.

Play Clock - While the NFL has a 40 second play clock, the UFL has a 25 second play clock, which results in more plays and maintains a fast pace quality of play.

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 08:59 AM
Lifer

I don't like the intentional grounding rule, or the red polo shirts on the officials. They were really an eye sore while I was watching it.

Wow, 25 second play clock, how the heck are they going to be able to sustain drives? That is really short.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Banned

The NFL did incorporate the overhead camera view from the XFL. I never saw it in an NFL game before I saw it on the first XFL game.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 08:05 PM
Lifer

Holy shit. Ahman Green and Jeff Garcia are playing for the Hartford team. man this league has some quality NFL scrubs.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 08:32 AM

Nobody watches CFL, nobody watched XFL or NFL-E, nobody will watch this either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement