Looks like Bradford is going to start....... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Looks like Bradford is going to start.......

If there is no soreness tomorrow from today's practice he will start. They say they don't know how much he'll play against Baylor.

He'll be fine to play some snaps against Baylor, but against Texas, with that O-line........may God help you Sammy B.............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Clown

I have been thinking that Bradford maybe doing a lot better than the information they are feeding the media. I don't think he will start, but he will come in for a few series after OU is up by 21.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&T's 82 View Post
I have been thinking that Bradford maybe doing a lot better than the information they are feeding the media. I don't think he will start, but he will come in for a few series after OU is up by 21.
Well he stopped practicing tuesday of last week with sorness, so him practicing all the way until today is a good sign for him to be able to play. Should he? That's a whole 'nother story.

........and yes we are talking about practice.........

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
I have been thinking that Bradford maybe doing a lot better than the information they are feeding the media.
I'm not so sure about that. The Doc he went to see in Georgia or Alabama, whatever it was, isn't the type of Doc you go see when things are going well, from what I hear.

I think coming back anything less than 110% is stupid on his part. He's already going to suffer from one bad decision (coming back). No sense in putting his draft stock further in the tank by risking re-injury. Some are even saying that he really needs to have surgery, because rehab hasn't been going well.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
I'm not so sure about that. The Doc he went to see in Georgia or Alabama, whatever it was, isn't the type of Doc you go see when things are going well, from what I hear.

I think coming back anything less than 110% is stupid on his part. He's already going to suffer from one bad decision (coming back). No sense in putting his draft stock further in the tank by risking re-injury. Some are even saying that he really needs to have surgery, because rehab hasn't been going well.
He, himself, said surgery is still an option.........they are saying he is making all the necessary throws, it's just the next day he is more sore than they feel he should be. I'm with you and don't think he should come back and let Landry get some snaps for next year.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Clown

Quote:

If thats the case, then I can't imagine why he wouldn't just have the surgery. He can apply for a medical redshirt and come back next year to prove the arm is good to go....Or he could have the surgery and go the McGahee route and hope for the best on draft day.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Lifer

I think he should sit it out longer. He is risking permanent damage IMO, if surgery is needed. Just let it get better, move onto the pros. he has nothing else to play for, no heisman, no national championship.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
he has nothing else to play for,
Oh, but he does. He has to prove he still has 'it'. Otherwise, he'll be lucky to go before Tebow (I'm calling 4th round) in the draft.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Oh, but he does. He has to prove he still has 'it'. Otherwise, he'll be lucky to go before Tebow (I'm calling 4th round) in the draft.
Thats why I said sit out longer. Not the whole season, just give them a taste at the end of the season.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
If thats the case, then I can't imagine why he wouldn't just have the surgery. He can apply for a medical redshirt and come back next year to prove the arm is good to go....Or he could have the surgery and go the McGahee route and hope for the best on draft day.
He's only a junior, he redshirted his freshman year, so he still has eligibility left.........
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Lifer

There's no reason in the world for him to play more than a few snaps against Baylor. The OU practice squad can be more effective than Baylor's first defensive team. He needs to rest it up for the 'Horns, because they will be bringin' it. Muschamp has been watching that "O" line long enough to know where the cracks are. I'm pretty sure they will try to put pressure on Bradford on every down.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Been made official..................

Sam Bradford to Start Saturday
Stoops makes announcement after Friday morning meeting with quarterback.

Sam Bradford

NORMAN, Okla. -- Sam Bradford, winner of the 2008 Heisman Trophy, will start at quarterback for Oklahoma in the Sooners' game against Baylor, Saturday.

The junior has been out since the season opener (Sept. 5) when he suffered a sprained shoulder joint.

"Sam has had a great week of practice and is ready to play," said OU Head Coach Bob Stoops after a morning meeting with Bradford. "We're obviously excited to have him back.

"We remain very pleased with the work Landry Jones did in replacing Sam and our entire program has a lot of confidence in his ability," Stoops added.

No. 17 Oklahoma (2-2, 0-0 Big 12) and Baylor (3-1, 0-0 Big 12) face off at 2:30 p.m. (CT) on Owen Field. The matchup will be televised regionally by ABC. Fans should consult the network's coverage map to see if their local ABC affiliate will have the OU game.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m...100909aaf.html
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 03:39 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
lol bradford will go before tebow even if he doesn't play another down, unless some team drafts tebow for an up back postion and think they really need that to win a few more games than last year.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 03:42 PM
BOOMER SOONER!

we'll be in our seat as usual tommorrow afternoon. Can't wait to see Sammy back on the field, the place is going to be crazy when he is announced. Hopefully he knocks some rust off & doesn't play past the the 3rd.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Lifer

It will be a close game...until kick-off. I just hope some Baylor linebacker doesn't slip through and try to earn a notch in his belt by taking Bradford out.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement