Boy's vs KC Quiefs - DFWstangs Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
2-7 and still a fan!

Thumbs up Boy's vs KC Quiefs

Almost that time again, we have a noon showdown with family. I say family because they have six former coaches and a few players that were with the Cowboy's, most of whom were here while B.Parcells was coach. Of course everything is different now that BP is gone but the core of the offense is still intact. Should be a good game and I'm sure we will hand them their fifth loss on a row, key word....SHOULD!

Boy's - 31
Quiefs - 9
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Texas Rangers #1

Cowboys 24
Chiefs 10

If the Cowboys lose to the Chiefs I don't think Wade Philips makes it past the bye week as the head coach.

post #3 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Lifer

Cowboys 49
Chiefs -7

That's right, negative 7.

post #4 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
2-7 and still a fan!

Hey Kenny, what the hell did BP do to the Fins, they were clicking on cylinders this past Sunday...

Also I should have made the thread the
Dallas Cowboy's vs Dallas Texan's, the Chiefs are going to be wearing their throw back uniforms circa 1962 when they were the Dallas Texans and this game will have the Preston Road Trophy up for grabs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexchick View Post
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
post #5 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Texas Rangers #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V View Post
Hey Kenny, what the hell did BP do to the Fins, they were clicking on cylinders this past Sunday...

Also I should have made the thread the
Dallas Cowboy's vs Dallas Texan's, the Chiefs are going to be wearing their throw back uniforms circa 1962 when they were the Dallas Texans and this game will have the Preston Road Trophy up for grabs...
Bill Parcells brought alot of his guys from the Cowboys to coach for the Dolphins. Sparano has been a good head coach, he's a no nonsense straight shooter. I really like the Dolphins rushing attack with Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams, the Dolphins are currently #1 in the NFL in rushing offense with 734 yards in 4 games (average 183 yards per game and 5.0 yards per carry). They are also #3 in the NFL vs. the Run only allowing 61 yards per game, our secondary is suspect though as we have two rookies playing and Peyton Manning made them look foolish several times.

Chad Pennington got hurt vs the Chargers, so we have 2nd year QB Chad Henne (Michigan) playing, and last week he was decent 14 for 22 115 yds and 1 TD. They know their strength is the running game, so the will keep rushing until the opposing team can stop them. I think they have a good chance of going 8-8 this year, they might have a chance at a wild card position if their schedule wasn't so rough.

post #6 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Clown

The only thing that scares me about KC is that they are due for a win....If the Cowboy's look past them, they will end up like the Redskins.
post #7 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Lifer

total offense: Cowboys #4 KC #29
total defense: Cowboys #27 KC #29
QB ratings: Romo 79.4 Cassel 82.5

With that being said

Putting the ball in Romo's hands.....17-14 KC

If we pound KC with the run...combine with some good "D"....17-14 Dallas

<----- Cowboys fans
post #8 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V View Post
Almost that time again, we have a noon showdown with family. I say family because they have six former coaches and a few players that were with the Cowboy's, most of whom were here while B.Parcells was coach. Of course everything is different now that BP is gone but the core of the offense is still intact. Should be a good game and I'm sure we will hand them their fifth loss on a row, key word....SHOULD!

Boy's - 31
Quiefs - 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
Cowboys 49
Chiefs -7

That's right, negative 7.

Game will be much closer than that...
post #9 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMMY View Post
Game will be much closer than that...
I was kidding. I expect it to be a 7 -10 point win for the Cowboys. But heck, the chiefs could all of a sudden come with a good game plan and win. It wouldn't surprise me.
post #10 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_Stang View Post
If the Cowboys lose to the Chiefs I don't think Wade Philips makes it past the bye week as the head coach.
If that were a guarantee, I'd almost be tempted to root for KC!

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #11 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 04:11 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX View Post
I'd go out and buy a KC jersey tonight!
post #12 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

I heard on 103.3 espn radio that romo won't be starting against the chiefs is this true??
post #13 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 04:26 PM
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
i'd go out and buy a kc jersey tonight!

x 100,000,000
post #14 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 04:27 PM
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowassgt View Post
I heard on 103.3 espn radio that romo won't be starting against the chiefs is this true??

The way Homo has been playing I dont think Kitna or Mcgee would do any worse. LOL!!!
post #15 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 04:43 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
The Chiefs defense is really weak, so the Boys should win this game. Their pass defense is horrible and this game will rely heavily on Romo being able to throw the ball effectively. I think Rom will start this game, but if he fucks up against the Chiefs they may seriously bench his ass. But that still leaves the issue of Garrett and Phillips knowing when to step in and take over.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #16 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
Their pass defense is horrible and this game will rely heavily on Romo being able to throw the ball effectively.

Really? Because the KC Run D is 24th in the league. So no, this game will not hinge on Romo throwing the ball effectively. Will Romo making mistakes (i.e. turnovers) have a factor? Sure. But the game plan SHOULD be to run, run, run. Take the Romo element out of the game. If Garrett had a fucking clue, this is what he'd do. But, he doesn't.

Baltimore rushed for 198 yards.
Oakland only rushed for 67, but it's Oakland, and they can't run worth a shit. Or pass, for that matter.
Philthy rushed for 93 yards.
Giants rushed for 156 yards.

The key to this game will be rushing.

Quote:
I think Rom will start this game, but if he fucks up against the Chiefs they may seriously bench his ass.
LMAO! No, they're not going to bench Romo, when the alternative is Kitna (past his prime), and McGee. The only way either one of those guys starts over Romo, is if Romo gets hurt. Romo doesn't have a $67MM contract to ride the pine. He will be in there, come hell or high water, despite how poorly he may play. Again, only injury would cause either one of those guys to get some playing time. At least try to sound like you know what you're talking about.
post #17 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 05:38 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX View Post
Only if it were a Phillips-Garrett package deal. I heard on the radio that Garrett was defending the last two plays he called on Sunday. I'm officially convinced he's a bigger part of the problem than Romo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #18 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Time Served

Well this week i am obliged to root for the cowboys as KC is in Denvers division so they need to continue to lose. I think it will be closer than some of you think as Matt Cassel is getting better as the year will go on.

24-14 Cowboys.

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1- DailyDriver

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000- High RPM Nitrous build in progress...

post #19 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Im thinking 14-21 cowboys, if the 'boys lose heads have to start rollin'....
post #20 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Custom Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisH4SvTs View Post
Well this week i am obliged to root for the cowboys as KC is in Denvers division so they need to continue to lose. I think it will be closer than some of you think as Matt Cassel is getting better as the year will go on.

24-14 Cowboys.
Tie game, 13 - 13!!!

Dallas should do well tho, unless for some reason Larry Johnson is on his game and can run and catch/run well.

They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

post #21 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 11:04 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstang View Post
Tie game, 13 - 13!!!

Dallas should do well tho, unless for some reason Larry Johnson is on his game and can run and catch/run well.
LOL!!!!

They should have this one. I actually like Romo and hope the guy does well, he just needs to calm down!!

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #22 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Lifer

Barber and Choice rush for 220 yards, Romo throws for 300.

post #23 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
Barber and Choice rush for 220 yards, Romo throws for 300 and 4 INT's.
Fixed.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
post #24 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 12:09 AM
Lifer

Against the Chiefs? Ngr plz. Their secondary is worse than Tampa's and you saw what we did to them.

post #25 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 09:01 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
Only if it were a Phillips-Garrett package deal. I heard on the radio that Garrett was defending the last two plays he called on Sunday. I'm officially convinced he's a bigger part of the problem than Romo.
Yet I don't know what I'm talking about....

Bullshit. You CAN'T defend those last two play calls. Bennett is what? 6'6"? Witten is a sure handed receiver. He catches every catchable ball thrown his way.
What should have happened, is this. Barber (hurt or not) in the backfield, Witten in the slot, Roy (hurt or not, Denver didn't know anything) outside, and Bennett on the other side of the line. Have any of ya'll paid attention to the opposing defenses, when we put out a two tight end set? They don't know what the fuck to do.

LB and Safety would have had to make a choice. And they would have been burned, because no matter what you do in that situation, it's the wrong decision.

But yeah... I don't know anything.... I'm just a bum that thinks Garrett's the worst coaching decision the Cowboys have made since Chan Gailey.

Dudly - Troy is a jackass, and needs to shut his fucking trap. He's been knocked around so many times, I'm shocked he can speak. I'll take Brady's opinion over Troy's any day of the week.
post #26 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Lifer

There was nothing wrong with the playcalling on the last 2 plays except that they were called to be thrown against Champ Bailey. Denver sent an 8-man blitz. There's no way we can't leave both tightends and a RB in there blocking or Romo is going to get smashed. Austin got open on BOTH of those plays. I don't know why Romo didn't look his way but there really isn't any other play you can call there. That gets you man coverage on 3 WRs. That's the best you can ask for in that situation cause you sure as hell aren't running anyone through the middle of eight.

post #27 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Lifer

Exactly.

post #28 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly View Post
regardles of what bcoop thinks, the reason, as explained by a hall of fame NFL quarterback, that I am sure knows more about the situation than an oven salesman, said that on a play like that, the QB has to pick a side to throw to before the snap of the ball due to how quick the play must be. Bailey was playing an outside technique, giving up the slant to Hurd. Romo saw this, figured it was the best option before the snap, and that is where he went with the ball, they just didn't make the plays and Bailey did.
Tom Brady is far better than Aikman ever was. So I stand by what I said.
post #29 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
2-7 and still a fan!

Quote:
Tom Brady is far better than Aikman ever was. So I stand by what I said.
I almost agree with you, Troy had more weapons (All-Pros) than Brady did and it seems that Brady would be better, but my blue sunglass's won't let me see it.

Quote:
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
post #30 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Lifer

Where I disagree is that I think Aikman played better teams than Brady has played against. This is a watered down league. Aikman had to go through some really tough 49ers, Packers, and Philly teams.
post #31 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Custom Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
Where I disagree is that I think Aikman played better teams than Brady has played against. This is a watered down league. Aikman had to go through some really tough 49ers, Packers, and Philly teams.
And QB's had to take a hit, unlike now where the ref's throw a flag if you get within 2 feet of them. Brady is good when he has time, get in his face and he looses most of his accuracy. Look at him against Denver in the AFCC game a few years ago. Pressure on Brady = bad throws.

They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

post #32 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 01:28 PM
LS1 Fighter

I'm Rooting for the Chefs! even thou i know they'll loose...

Can't beat them, Join their message board !!

I m5...

post #33 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 02:25 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Yet I don't know what I'm talking about....
FYI, I never said that, asshole.

Quote:
post #34 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstang View Post
And QB's had to take a hit, unlike now where the ref's throw a flag if you get within 2 feet of them. Brady is good when he has time, get in his face and he looses most of his accuracy. Look at him against Denver in the AFCC game a few years ago. Pressure on Brady = bad throws.
Shit man, that's ANY qb.
post #35 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
You didn't, but several on here did.
post #36 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 03:49 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
He can't here you from way up there. You need to bend down to his level so he can hear you.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #37 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 04:05 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
He can't here you from way up there. You need to bend down to his level so he can hear you.
lol.

I don't get where you're getting this midget stuff. But it's funny, so keep it up.

I'm no giant, but I'm not nearly a midget, either.
post #38 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 04:57 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
lol.

I don't get where you're getting this midget stuff. But it's funny, so keep it up.

I was told you were a little guy like Don. *shrug*

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #39 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 05:02 PM
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS

Quote:
lol.

How tall are you?

MILK
post #40 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 10:55 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Taller than Steve IIRC. LOL

Quote:
post #41 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Taller than Steve IIRC. LOL
Steve is a midget compare to me.

post #42 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Lifer

Cowboys 21 , Chiefs 10 .. Romo fumbles and they run one back for a TD and Flozell gets two penalties

Real cars ..don't make power @ front wheels ..

They Lift them !

post #43 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 04:12 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
Steve is a midget compare to me.
You aren't that much taller than I am for me to be a midget compared to you. Besides, I think it's been proven around here that being a big ol meathead doesn't mean anything.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #44 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Lifer

Quote:
You aren't that much taller than I am for me to be a midget compared to you. Besides, I think it's been proven around here that being a big ol meathead doesn't mean anything.
Aren't you 5'11? I'm 6'4. I think that's a big difference.

post #45 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 08:18 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
Aren't you 5'11? I'm 6'4. I think that's a big difference.
No way you are 6'4. That would make you taller than Adam and you are not.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #46 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 08:20 PM
Lifer

Quote:
No way you are 6'4. That would make you taller than Adam and you are not.
Yeah man I'm 6'4. Maybe you don't remember me since you have only met me twice. Hell ask Don or Fred.

post #47 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Lifer

Kc 28 dal 24

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #48 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
2-7 and still a fan!

Good thing I dont read the paper, listen sports radio or pay attention to the haters here or anywhere. Expectations are high for the Cowboys and I always go into most seasons hoping we go all the way to the show but watching CBS pre game show you would think we are 0-4.

We are 2-2 and after today we should be 3-2 and far better than a lot of other teams in the NFL, I can only imagine what the 0-4 teams are going through.

GO COWBOY'S !!!
post #49 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Time Served

Cowboys will have to win by 21 points if they think they are a playoff team. If they loose, i say fire the whole team!!!

Under my hood twisting some wrenches!!!
post #50 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
2-7 and still a fan!

Not only do I think we should win, we will have a bye week next week and sweep up Atlanta and Seattle to be 5-2 then we're going to Philly for some pay back!

Quote:
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread