Rangers 2009 Season Wrap Up - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Rangers 2009 Season Wrap Up

So, we got pitching . . . at least on the Rangers scale of pitching. But of course with the luck of the Rangers, when the pitching finally improves the batting cools off. I think they should have kept Milton Bradley this year. He got along very well with the others in the clubhouse last year, and it showed in his numbers. I think the problems he had in Chicago this year were because he played for Lou Piniella. How could anyone work for that guy?

I kept my word, they got pitching and so I went to 3 games this year. Granted they were free tickets, but I contributed my beer sales.

BTW: The Rangers had 87 wins, one more than Minnesota did before yesterday's one game playoff. So I'd say that's a successful season, we should be in the AL Central that's all.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Lifer

You have opened a Pandora's Box. LOL! 87 wins is better than I predicted. I thought if they played .500 ball, it would be an improvement. Truth is, with the VAST improvement in pitching, they should have won 95 games! Damn near every bat cooled off this season. Hamilton (better known as the "Mick", LOL!) was an utter disappointment, along with Chris Davis. Even when healthy, Shamilton disappeared at the plate. Some say "Davis hit .330 in the last 30 games", yada, yada... but he still finished around .235 for the season, which stinks. Andruss was a plus, even with 22 or so errors. They still had over 100 errors as a team, which is inexcusable for ANY pro team.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 12:51 PM
Lifer

Bats were a let down, the young guys looked really good, and we still need a solid number 1. Feldman might be that guy, but he is still unproven since its only one good year so far for him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement