Felix Jones or Darren Mcfadden - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 7,612
Felix Jones or Darren Mcfadden

I was looking at Yahoo sports and saw this:

Adding to the woes was news Monday that starting running back Darren McFadden(notes) will undergo surgery Tuesday to repair torn cartilage in his knee and miss two to four weeks.

McFadden injured his knee during his worst game as a pro, finishing with negative-3 yards rushing on six carries. He is averaging 36.3 yards per game and 3.1 yards per carry this season—far from the production the Raiders expected when they drafted him fourth overall in 2008.

Since rushing for 164 yards in his second game as a pro last year against Kansas City, McFadden has been held to 434 yards in 15 games with a 3.3 yards per carry average. He’s dealt with two turf toe injuries, an injured shoulder and now a knee problem.

So, did we actually get the better of the two Arkansas running backs. I mean, felix is more productive, and doesn't get hurt as much.
mstng86 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
I was looking at Yahoo sports and saw this:

Adding to the woes was news Monday that starting running back Darren McFadden(notes) will undergo surgery Tuesday to repair torn cartilage in his knee and miss two to four weeks.

McFadden injured his knee during his worst game as a pro, finishing with negative-3 yards rushing on six carries. He is averaging 36.3 yards per game and 3.1 yards per carry this season—far from the production the Raiders expected when they drafted him fourth overall in 2008.

Since rushing for 164 yards in his second game as a pro last year against Kansas City, McFadden has been held to 434 yards in 15 games with a 3.3 yards per carry average. He’s dealt with two turf toe injuries, an injured shoulder and now a knee problem.

So, did we actually get the better of the two Arkansas running backs. I mean, felix is more productive, and doesn't get hurt as much.

I think so. A lot of the NFL scouts were saying before the draft, that Felix was the better running back by far. Of course, at that point, he had never missed any time due to an injury, if I recall correctly.
bcoop is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 7,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
I think so. A lot of the NFL scouts were saying before the draft, that Felix was the better running back by far. Of course, at that point, he had never missed any time due to an injury, if I recall correctly.
I can't believe McFadden is becoming such a huge bust. I know he is with the raiders and all, but still, this is a little crazy. He is inching up higher and higher in the all time bust list. Him and Ryan Leaf may become close acquantances.
mstng86 is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
I can't believe McFadden is becoming such a huge bust. I know he is with the raiders and all, but still, this is a little crazy. He is inching up higher and higher in the all time bust list. Him and Ryan Leaf may become close acquantances.
I think he'd do a lot better if he actually had an O line blocking for him. I suppose we'll find out when his contract is up.
bcoop is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 7,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
I think he'd do a lot better if he actually had an O line blocking for him. I suppose we'll find out when his contract is up.
Yea, he should be demanding a trade. It would be interesting to see what he would fetch for the raiders.
mstng86 is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 11:22 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: At the Dexter Lake Club
Posts: 12,422
We definitely got the better pick so far. Heck I used to think Houston was stupid for taking Mario Williams over Reggie Bush or Vince Young but look how that has turned out. I'd rather have Maurice Jones Drew (picked 60th) than VY or Bush right now.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
BP is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 01:27 PM
LUCIFER
 
bjtheman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Aubrey
Posts: 5,462
It's only Mcfaddens 2nd year, give him some more time to see if he's a bust or not. By far Felix was the better option in my opinion

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED


bjtheman1 is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 03:07 PM
Clown
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: With the real El Chupacabra
Posts: 2,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
We definitely got the better pick so far. Heck I used to think Houston was stupid for taking Mario Williams over Reggie Bush or Vince Young but look how that has turned out. I'd rather have Maurice Jones Drew (picked 60th) than VY or Bush right now.
Yep the haters down here in Houston are no where to be found anymore. I bet before it is all said and done, Slaton will be a better back than McFadden and Felix Jones. The reason is not speed or talent but longevity.....
J&T's 82 is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: ft worth
Posts: 251
Felix FTW... had much more fun watching him @ Fayetteville.

"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy." Winston Churchill
razrbak is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 10:37 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
I was looking at Yahoo sports and saw this:

Adding to the woes was news Monday that starting running back Darren McFadden(notes) will undergo surgery Tuesday to repair torn cartilage in his knee and miss two to four weeks.

McFadden injured his knee during his worst game as a pro, finishing with negative-3 yards rushing on six carries. He is averaging 36.3 yards per game and 3.1 yards per carry this season—far from the production the Raiders expected when they drafted him fourth overall in 2008.

Since rushing for 164 yards in his second game as a pro last year against Kansas City, McFadden has been held to 434 yards in 15 games with a 3.3 yards per carry average. He’s dealt with two turf toe injuries, an injured shoulder and now a knee problem.

So, did we actually get the better of the two Arkansas running backs. I mean, felix is more productive, and doesn't get hurt as much.

mcfadden had no chance once his name got called out, the raiders, the team where good players go to die. felix got lucky and went to a team with a decent O line and solid running game plan. if you switch them out, it would more than likely be the same thing only with mcfadden putting up big numbers.

Cartman is offline  
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 11:38 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,163
I'll take Felix all day. See my sig for why.

Taylor is offline  
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 12:43 AM
SVT God
 
Zinc_Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Allen
Posts: 3,086
I am starting to think Felix is a bust. I mean this guy can not stay healthy. He has been injured 11 out of 20 games, and its just reported is out again on Sunday (12-21).

2010 Chevy Equinox
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 - RC 3" lift, 31" Duratracs
Zinc_Stang is offline  
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 12:59 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Crandall
Posts: 935
yeah felix has been hurt alot to, but still rather have him, and barber dont seem to be barber anymore either still good
1bad306 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome