class act for a kid trying to turn his life around - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
class act for a kid trying to turn his life around

http://arkansasvarsity.rivals.com/co...asp?CID=992976

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 07:41 PM
Banned

Location: If I listened to you, i would have a mustang just like yours!
he should have played his hardest the entire night.

i hate this "Everyone is a winner" bullshit. if someone is better than you, you need to become better.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 07:46 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceman85turbo View Post
he should have played his hardest the entire night.

i hate this "Everyone is a winner" bullshit. if someone is better than you, you need to become better.
Did you even read the article?

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 07:50 PM
Banned

Location: If I listened to you, i would have a mustang just like yours!
yes, instead of scoring he stopped and took a knee. he should have just run it in. classy is nice, kids should play to win.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 08:07 PM
Time Served

I wonder why he was in trouble.

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't. "

1998 Suburban
1968 Mustang (sold, November 21, 2009)
2010 Fusion
1999 F-350DRW
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 09:00 PM
Banned

1. I wonder how he got in trouble.

2. Why didn't he just go down easily or take a knee when he caught the kickoff?

3. This is a shitty fucking story. What was the point of the truck crash being included?
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
1. I wonder how he got in trouble.

2. Why didn't he just go down easily or take a knee when he caught the kickoff?

3. This is a shitty fucking story. What was the point of the truck crash being included?
the players that got hurt were from the small school the one that was hurt bad gave a speech to his teammates b4 the game.

instead of making those kids feel even more like shit, he took a knee so as to not run up the score, like UT tries to do.

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 09:45 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
instead of making those kids feel even more like shit, he took a knee so as to not run up the score, like UT tries to do.
You know, in my mind, what he did is worse. Had he knelt down immediately, or gone down on the first hit, that would've been class. It's like he's saying, "I'm better than all of you, and having just shown it with that incredible run, I'll stop right here to save you some embarrassment on the scoreboard. But we all know what really happened."

And LOL @ the UT thing. Totally different. Close wins can't improve their standing can hurt it (and improve other teams').

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 09:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
the players that got hurt were from the small school the one that was hurt bad gave a speech to his teammates b4 the game.

After last year, UT learned that not running up the score is what cost them a chance at the National Championship. Stupid. It's not like HS where there is a playoff system.

The story still sucked. Almost as bad as letting the retard score a touchdown at Richland. I'm pretty sure it was Richland. Like somebody already said. Not everybody is a winner. I remember in highschool being wrecked by Chase Daniels and his Southlake team. Did we cry on the way home? No. It's fucking sports. You win if you're better and you lose if you're not.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 09:50 PM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
... like UT tries to do.
lmao
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
After last year, UT learned that not running up the score is what cost them a chance at the National Championship. Stupid. It's not like HS where there is a playoff system.

The story still sucked. Almost as bad as letting the retard score a touchdown at Richland. I'm pretty sure it was Richland. Like somebody already said. Not everybody is a winner. I remember in highschool being wrecked by Chase Daniels and his Southlake team. Did we cry on the way home? No. It's fucking sports. You win if you're better and you lose if you're not.
it isn't about everybody needs to win... it is about being a class act and not rubbing it in to a team that you are clearly better than. I don't think every kid should get a trophy for playing only the winners should, but what he did was great. it showed class, yea it would have looked better if he went down when hit, but he is playing and it is hard to just stop or take a dive. but he made a good choice in kneeling at the 5.

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 10:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
it isn't about everybody needs to win... it is about being a class act and not rubbing it in to a team that you are clearly better than. I don't think every kid should get a trophy for playing only the winners should, but what he did was great. it showed class, yea it would have looked better if he went down when hit, but he is playing and it is hard to just stop or take a dive. but he made a good choice in kneeling at the 5.
Me being competitive as hell would've been insulted if I was on the losing team. Sure, the parents might like it, and it looks better on paper and makes for a shitty story to be posted on a Dallas/Fort Worth Mustang website, but I can guarantee you that no kid on the opposing team thought it was a good "noble" choice.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 10:05 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Another touchdown wouldn't have made any difference. He rubbed it in when he went the whole length of the field and stopped. Regardless of what the scoreboard or stats say, he ran it all the way back for a touchdown.

Quote:
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Me being competitive as hell would've been insulted if I was on the losing team. Sure, the parents might like it, and it looks better on paper and makes for a shitty story to be posted on a Dallas/Fort Worth Mustang website, but I can guarantee you that no kid on the opposing team thought it was a good "noble" choice.
it would have been an insult if they drove down the field and did that, how often do KO's get returned all the way for a TD, so it isn't like he could do that at will. instead of being a mack brown and put as many points as he can he took a knee.

post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 10:17 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
it would have been an insult if they drove down the field and did that,
And it somehow wasn't an insult that he'd beaten every one of them and then decided, "Hey, I should be a nice guy and not score"? Under different circumstances, that might even be taunting.
Quote:
how often do KO's get returned all the way for a TD, so it isn't like he could do that at will. instead of being a mack brown and put as many points as he can he took a knee.
Hmmm...
Quote:
Thamail Morgan is the type of player who can dominate a high school game. On every play.
"I did not tell him to kneel down, he did it on his own," Bradley said. "I did not expect them to kick it to him. I figured they would kick away, because he has the ability to break away. I did not know that he was going to do what he did. He broke tackles, ran sideline to sideline, and got to the 2, and just stopped. That is when he backed up and took a knee on the 5-yard line."
And get off your high horse. Texas isn't the only team to run up a score to give itself a chance to play for a national championship.

Quote:
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 10:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
it would have been an insult if they drove down the field and did that, how often do KO's get returned all the way for a TD, so it isn't like he could do that at will. instead of being a mack brown and put as many points as he can he took a knee.
Well, from the post, against the team they were going up against, he could. Chances are, if he would've went down, the coach would've said to take a knee.

I don't even know what you're talking about with the TX thing. Mack Brown took a knee against Tech. I unfortunately didn't get to see the other games, but considering that's what he did all year long last season, I doubt it changed much. Fucking Oklahoma beat a team 60 something to like 7 their second game this year. Get your shit straight before spouting off retarded and ignorant bullshit.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Well, from the post, against the team they were going up against, he could. Chances are, if he would've went down, the coach would've said to take a knee.

I don't even know what you're talking about with the TX thing. Mack Brown took a knee against Tech. I unfortunately didn't get to see the other games, but considering that's what he did all year long last season, I doubt it changed much. Fucking Oklahoma beat a team 60 something to like 7 their second game this year. Get your shit straight before spouting off retarded and ignorant bullshit.
this has been proved already that UT scored more points in the 4th than OU, which is why I can say UT.

the coach didn't tell him to take a dive, he made that choice. we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this. I can see where you are talking about it would be like shit talking, but in this case with those kids dealing with the off the field stuff, to me that is classy.

post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 10:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
this has been proved already that UT scored more points in the 4th than OU, which is why I can say UT.

the coach didn't tell him to take a dive, he made that choice. we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this. I can see where you are talking about it would be like shit talking, but in this case with those kids dealing with the off the field stuff, to me that is classy.
I can't remember if it was you or somebody else posted the stats. Looking into it further, it comes down to OU's attempts at scoring more points. They can be 20 points up in the 4th with 2 minutes to go and a first down. Instead of kneeling it, they'll run. They'll put the ball in the hands of a low fumble back and try to score. UT might score more points but the games that I've seen where there's just a couple minutes left and they have the ball, they'll knee it. I guess running up the score is different in college. Basically you keep trying to score until you know you could have the last possession. Then you knee it. Which OU doesn't do. Thank the BCS for this, BTW.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 10:37 PM
Genetically Blessed

One time, my car wouldn't start. A dead battery can render your car unable to start. I therefore concluded that my car had a dead battery.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
I can't remember if it was you or somebody else posted the stats. Looking into it further, it comes down to OU's attempts at scoring more points. They can be 20 points up in the 4th with 2 minutes to go and a first down. Instead of kneeling it, they'll run. They'll put the ball in the hands of a low fumble back and try to score. UT might score more points but the games that I've seen where there's just a couple minutes left and they have the ball, they'll knee it. I guess running up the score is different in college. Basically you keep trying to score until you know you could have the last possession. Then you knee it. Which OU doesn't do. Thank the BCS for this, BTW.
lol...it wasn't me that posted anything that helps OU. I just use that because it irks UT fans.

post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 10:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
lol...it wasn't me that posted anything that helps OU. I just use that because it irks UT fans.
Ok. Just saying. UT typically kneels the ball when there's no time left. Unless OU is in a one-score situation, they won't.
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 11:04 PM
Lifer

I'd like to talk shit about what Arkansas does to make it to the National Championship game, but...they're never in contention so we have no way of knowing.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 11:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
I'd like to talk shit about what Arkansas does to make it to the National Championship game, but...they're never in contention so we have no way of knowing.
I guess you live in AK? That's why you made the post? If so...I guess kinda disregard what I said. You just have to understand that I'm in Texas and saw an out of state post and wondered how this made "national" news.
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 11:08 PM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
I guess you live in AK? That's why you made the post? If so...I guess kinda disregard what I said. You just have to understand that I'm in Texas and saw an out of state post and wondered how this made "national" news.
I'm pretty sure that Vertnut doesn't live in Alaska.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 11:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
I'm pretty sure that Vertnut doesn't live in Alaska.

Whoops....AR. I thought that would be Arizona...which in the back of my head knew was AZ...so I don't know. No excuse.

On a side note, Alaska would be cool to live in for about 3 or 4 months a year. My grandparents have taken a few cruises up there and told me that you haven't breathed until you take a breath in Alaska. I've been as close as Banff, Canada, but I was 10 years old, and can't remember.
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 11:24 PM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
Whoops....AR. I thought that would be Arizona...which in the back of my head knew was AZ...so I don't know. No excuse.

On a side note, Alaska would be cool to live in for about 3 or 4 months a year. My grandparents have taken a few cruises up there and told me that you haven't breathed until you take a breath in Alaska. I've been as close as Banff, Canada, but I was 10 years old, and can't remember.
Yeah, I've heard that Alaska is the shit.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 11:40 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
One time, my car wouldn't start. A dead battery can render your car unable to start. I therefore concluded that my car had a dead battery.
Logical conclusion. Is that the kind of logic they teach at the University of Texas?

Quote:
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 11:45 PM
Lifer

WTF did I miss? I took a dig at Cartman's hogs...that's it. Alaska? WTF?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 11:48 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Apparently you're not wanted in Texas but you're too good to live in Arkansas, so the only logical place to put you is Alaska.

Quote:
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
You know, in my mind, what he did is worse. Had he knelt down immediately, or gone down on the first hit, that would've been class. It's like he's saying, "I'm better than all of you, and having just shown it with that incredible run, I'll stop right here to save you some embarrassment on the scoreboard. But we all know what really happened."
When I read the story I was thinking how the hell is that classy. He only kneeled down when everybody yelled at him not to score.

The story should have been. "Local jerk who didn't make to the bigger colleges tries to run up the score in a game that is already over and only kneels when his own players yell at him to stop"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement