Kimbo Slice or Roy Nelson? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
SEB
CAPTAIN CAVEMAN AGGGWHOOO

Kimbo Slice or Roy Nelson?

So do you think the Big Black Greasy beard has what it takes to take down a former IFL Champ.

My vote is for Roy Nelson!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 09:44 PM
Commercial Flooring Guy

I am looking forward to next week... I dont like Roys attitude on the show, he needs to have a little more respect for his coaches, I dont know much about his background, however, it would suck for the show if Kimbo lost this soon in the game
post #3 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 10:21 PM
Banned

So this Roy guy was an IFL champion? Who gives a fuck? He definitely needs to respect his coaches. He's on the show because apparently the UFC isn't all that interested in him without proving he can hang.

That big dude Wes was a bitch. It seriously looked like he's never been in a fight before and didn't want to hit that other dude.

I want Kimbo to win.

post #4 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 10:22 PM
Bitter Italian

I say Roy by sub but any noob should guess that. It does only take one and Kimboner has that power.

BTW
Dont post spoilers!!!!
post #5 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 05:20 AM
Time Served

Roy Nelson by RNC. I was kind of hoping that they would not match Roy up against Kimbo, I was hoping that they would at least give him a fighter who is comprably experienced. Roy is my pick to win the whole show. Oh and i think Wes Simms will probably get knocked out.

I need to stop betting with Silvercobra03 because I keep losing.
post #6 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 08:12 AM
Lifer

I'm going for kimbo just because i do not like the other guys attitude. But next weeks episode should be good.

Don't talk about it! Be about it!
post #7 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Banned

I love Kimbo's attitude so far. He seems to be there to train. He's taking it very serious it seems. He admitted he's a fighter, not an Mixed Martial Artist. I think he's really trying to change that and I hope his career goes well after seeing how hard he's willing to work.
post #8 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 12:37 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post
Dont post spoilers!!!!
LOL, dammit.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #9 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 12:53 PM
SVT God

Roy should win this, but I think Kimbo is going to pull it out.

2010 Chevy Equinox
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 - RC 3" lift, 31" Duratracs
post #10 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Owned!!

I'm hoping Kimbo wins by KO!

www.myspace.com/dmoney86
post #11 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Pushed to the limit

Roy by whatever he wants whenever he wants.

However, I was reading Brenden Schaub's blog about the show and he says that he has a totally different opinion of Kimbo after getting to know him a little bit.

Buying dogs kills.
post #12 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 05:02 PM
SVT God

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWTRTXSS View Post
Roy by whatever he wants whenever he wants.

However, I was reading Brenden Schaub's blog about the show and he says that he has a totally different opinion of Kimbo after getting to know him a little bit.
I haven't read it but my opinion is starting to change about him as well. From just two shows he seems to be a nice guy, who is coachable. This could be very interesting.

2010 Chevy Equinox
post #13 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 09:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinc_Stang View Post
I haven't read it but my opinion is starting to change about him as well. From just two shows he seems to be a nice guy, who is coachable. This could be very interesting.
The problem is that he's so old already. He's already 45. Older than the legends like Couture.
post #14 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 09:06 PM
Time Served

I'd want Kimbo to win. Don't need another Brock Lesnar attitude heavyweight in the UFC
post #15 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 09:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modular 5.4 View Post
I'd want Kimbo to win. Don't need another Brock Lesnar attitude heavyweight in the UFC
Have you seen Kimbo on TUF? He seems to have more respect for the sport and it's competitors than the other fighters do. The dude got KTFO in 14 seconds by a mixed martial artist MUCH smaller than him. If you read the Star Telegram you would've seen that one of the fighters on Rashad's team is from Fort Worth and he said that he went in thinking Kimbo was gonna be some asshole he despised but it turned out he's an extremely nice guy who can apparently grill like a motherfucker.

I just saw this on wikipedia. Never knew this. It's about that fight he got TKO'd in in EliteXC.

"Fight with Petruzelli

On October 4, 2008, a Kimbo Slice vs. Ken Shamrock fight was supposed to take place at the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Florida as part of CBS' Saturday Night Fights. [23][24] However, Shamrock received a cut to the left eye during a warm-up only hours before the fight was to take place[25]. This left the head of fight operations, Jeremy Lappen, to choose a replacement for the fight. Options were Seth Petruzelli, Aaron Rosa and Frank Shamrock. Lappen decided that Petruzelli was the best option for the main event. Slice agreed to take the fight after receiving a raise in pay, and took in $500,000[26]. Petruzelli defeated Slice by TKO 14 seconds into the first round of the bout.[27]

Interviewed on the popular radio show The Monsters In The Morning two days after the fight, Seth Petruzelli said that when they offered him a spot in the main event, EliteXC promoters added monetary incentives to dissuade him from using certain fighting techniques against Slice, in an attempt to protect their relatively unproven Internet star.

“ The promoters kinda hinted to me and they gave me the money to stand and throw with him, they didn't want me to take him down. Let's just put it that way. It was worth my while to try and stand up punch him.[28] ”

This added to the controversy surrounding the representation of Slice as a top flight martial artist by CBS and EliteXC.[29] The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation started a preliminary investigation on the events surrounding the fight and its outcome.[30]

However, Petruzelli clarified his position hours later, claiming in a follow-up interview with MMA website FiveOuncesofPain.com that his previous comments on The Monsters had been misinterpreted.
“ What was meant to be said was that I wanted to keep the fight standing for myself because I knew that was what the crowd, the promoters, and everyone wanted to see because that’s more exciting than just taking someone to the ground. That was my thing only. I wanted to keep it exciting so I decided to keep it standing. It had nothing to do with anybody else. That was all me.[31] ”

On October 23, 2008, The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation concluded its investigation of the bout and found no wrongdoing.[32] By the end of October 2008, EliteXC was forced to file for bankruptcy.[33] Many in the mixed martial arts community, including Jay Thompson, executive consultant to the company, attributed EliteXC and ProElite's failure due to Slice's loss to Seth Petruzelli.[34]"
post #16 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 09:18 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
Have you seen Kimbo on TUF? He seems to have more respect for the sport and it's competitors than the other fighters do. The dude got KTFO in 14 seconds by a mixed martial artist MUCH smaller than him. If you read the Star Telegram you would've seen that one of the fighters on Rashad's team is from Fort Worth and he said that he went in thinking Kimbo was gonna be some asshole he despised but it turned out he's an extremely nice guy who can apparently grill like a motherfucker.

I just saw this on wikipedia. Never knew this. It's about that fight he got TKO'd in in EliteXC.

"Fight with Petruzelli

On October 4, 2008, a Kimbo Slice vs. Ken Shamrock fight was supposed to take place at the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Florida as part of CBS' Saturday Night Fights. [23][24] However, Shamrock received a cut to the left eye during a warm-up only hours before the fight was to take place[25]. This left the head of fight operations, Jeremy Lappen, to choose a replacement for the fight. Options were Seth Petruzelli, Aaron Rosa and Frank Shamrock. Lappen decided that Petruzelli was the best option for the main event. Slice agreed to take the fight after receiving a raise in pay, and took in $500,000[26]. Petruzelli defeated Slice by TKO 14 seconds into the first round of the bout.[27]

Interviewed on the popular radio show The Monsters In The Morning two days after the fight, Seth Petruzelli said that when they offered him a spot in the main event, EliteXC promoters added monetary incentives to dissuade him from using certain fighting techniques against Slice, in an attempt to protect their relatively unproven Internet star.

“ The promoters kinda hinted to me and they gave me the money to stand and throw with him, they didn't want me to take him down. Let's just put it that way. It was worth my while to try and stand up punch him.[28] ”

This added to the controversy surrounding the representation of Slice as a top flight martial artist by CBS and EliteXC.[29] The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation started a preliminary investigation on the events surrounding the fight and its outcome.[30]

However, Petruzelli clarified his position hours later, claiming in a follow-up interview with MMA website FiveOuncesofPain.com that his previous comments on The Monsters had been misinterpreted.
“ What was meant to be said was that I wanted to keep the fight standing for myself because I knew that was what the crowd, the promoters, and everyone wanted to see because that’s more exciting than just taking someone to the ground. That was my thing only. I wanted to keep it exciting so I decided to keep it standing. It had nothing to do with anybody else. That was all me.[31] ”

On October 23, 2008, The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation concluded its investigation of the bout and found no wrongdoing.[32] By the end of October 2008, EliteXC was forced to file for bankruptcy.[33] Many in the mixed martial arts community, including Jay Thompson, executive consultant to the company, attributed EliteXC and ProElite's failure due to Slice's loss to Seth Petruzelli.[34]"
Yea. I saw that fight.
post #17 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 09:33 PM
Time Served

damn i hope kimbo wins....he seems to be one of the hardest working dudes on the show....that fat Roy guy has a bad attitude, who show's his coaches no respect...i hope that fat country clown gets KO'ed by Kimbo.

89 Lx- HP-458
TQ-448
she is slow.
post #18 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 09:42 PM
Banned

Looking at Nelsons history, he's been knocked out, lost the last two of his fights, and his last fight was a loss by unanimous decision. Plus, he hasn't had a win by submission since 2006.
post #19 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 07:34 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
Looking at Nelsons history, he's been knocked out, lost the last two of his fights, and his last fight was a loss by unanimous decision. Plus, he hasn't had a win by submission since 2006.
The last two fights he lost were to some seriously good fighters though. Rothwell may be one of the top 3 fighters on the show right now, but we'll just have to see.
post #20 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
SEB

Now I feel like shit. Kimbo does seem to be a really nice guy & not this thug that I thought he was.

Sucks they put him up against one of the best guys. I wish him luck!
post #21 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 08:22 AM
SVT God

Quote:
The problem is that he's so old already. He's already 45. Older than the legends like Couture.
I had no idea he was 45???

2010 Chevy Equinox
post #22 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 08:28 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
I had no idea he was 45???
That's because he's 35, not 45.
post #23 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 08:32 AM
SVT God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Ok, lol. That's cool then.

2010 Chevy Equinox
post #24 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 08:39 AM
Time Served

FYI Roy Nelson is no joke, he lost the fight to Arlovski as he was sinking in a Kimura and the dumb ref stood them up for no reason. That was total BS.

Kimbo will probably win this fight. I don't really like Kimbo but he does have a lot of drive to succeed here.

Roy Nelson is not some up and comer that is fit for the TUF scene anyway, he has been fighting for a long time and is an established fighter.
post #25 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-26-2009, 08:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post

That's what half a bottle of cheap whiskey will do to basic math skills.
post #26 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 06:30 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

gonna have to go with big country....
post #27 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 09:35 PM
Lifer

Kimbo got owned the first round...
post #28 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Lifer

getting owned 2nd round...he is pathetic on the ground.
post #29 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 09:38 PM
Lifer

Fight got called...Kimbo loses. LOL
post #30 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 09:56 PM
Mexican Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Fight got called...Kimbo loses. LOL
Damn what is up with this fool
lol

Quote:
Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

post #31 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 09:56 PM
Playa from tha Himalayas

they both suck

post #32 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 10:02 PM
Packin' up...

Pretty lame fight. Roy pretty much sat on his chest and sissy punched Top of Kimbos head till the fight was called.

I'm with Seb, I thought Kimbo would be a thug, but he seems like a cool dude.
post #33 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 10:22 PM
Lifer

LOL...that fight was a bunch of bullshit..what was up with the baby taps on the head by Roy. Roy and Kimbo was just going through the motions.
post #34 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Now in the ATX!!

That fight was weak. Even dana said it.
post #35 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 12:23 AM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Really it showed what everyone already knew about kimbo - his ground game sucks. But, to me, it showed that roy is pretty shitty. His striking was laughable, and his ground game involved isolating an arm and laying on people. Let's just say I think even less of him now. At first I thought he was an arrogant prick that had skills, now I think he's an arrogant prick that thinks he has skills.
post #36 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 01:39 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯

Dana white no sold the whole event, he just lost any hype on the ex IFL champion of potential pay per view buys. No matter, the guys a fat ass tard anyway, I bet he trains with JKD.

JK JKD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #37 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 03:02 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbecX View Post
Dana white no sold the whole event, he just lost any hype on the ex IFL champion of potential pay per view buys. No matter, the guys a fat ass tard anyway, I bet he trains with JKD.

JK JKD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL, it's all good. I'm used to the fat jokes. But I'm in the process of changing it. You guys will be surprised soon enough.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #38 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 07:46 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
Really it showed what everyone already knew about kimbo - his ground game sucks. But, to me, it showed that roy is pretty shitty. His striking was laughable, and his ground game involved isolating an arm and laying on people. Let's just say I think even less of him now. At first I thought he was an arrogant prick that had skills, now I think he's an arrogant prick that thinks he has skills.
my thoughts exactly

03 Mach1
02 Sierra
post #39 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 08:28 AM
Lifer

wow that fight sucked...

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
post #40 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 08:37 AM
T-MINUS

I want my money back...

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #41 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 08:39 AM
Lifer

I was really disappointed in that fight, I was hoping for more stand up. But once Roy got hit by kimbo he didn't like it and took him down. Roy proved he has no stamina, he could barely lift his arm in the second round to lay those baby punches. So far the fights this season have sucked and I really haven't seen anybody that would do worth a shit in the heavy weight division. Hopefully they have some good fighters left because so far none of them are that great.

Photobucket
post #42 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 09:37 AM
SVT God

They both suck. Kimbo needs a ton of work. He needs to join a good camp, and get rolling since he is willing to learn. Roy looked like crap. There should be a rule that you can't use your fat to suffocate an opponent.

2010 Chevy Equinox
post #43 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Lifer

I think kimbo didn't fight back because he was gagging trying not to throw up. Roy just did what he had to do to win. It wasn't i'm gonna show you how good of a fight i am but i'm just gonna win an run. He was acting like he actually did something at the end of the fight. I didn't like the way the fight went but Roy did what he had to do to win.

I think if they did stand up kimbo would have killed him.

Don't talk about it! Be about it!
post #44 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 11:21 AM
BANNED

Quote:
They both suck. Kimbo needs a ton of work. He needs to join a good camp, and get rolling since he is willing to learn. Roy looked like crap. There should be a rule that you can't use your fat to suffocate an opponent.
me and my girl were lol'ing at all of Rampage's fat jokes about nelson

post #45 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
SEB

That fight reminded me of a fight I had once!
post #46 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 11:30 AM
Lifer

So all 3 of the fights have been really boring thus far.
post #47 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 11:30 AM
Packin' up...

lmao!
post #48 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by deso View Post
So all 3 of the fights have been really boring thus far.
Nelson relies on his big gut to keep his opponents down, and hit them in the head like a baby. His ass was looking up at the ref. saying "come on he can't defend himself." This season is weak.

Doors Done Rite
post #49 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seb View Post
that fight reminded me of a fight i had once!
lol

post #50 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Kimbo and Roy have to fight again... In last week season previews it showed kimbo knocking down Roy with a Right and Kimbo jumping on top working on a ground and pound!!! They will fight again this Season... Plus I saw that Kimbo got signed to fight at UFC 108
Sponsored Links
Advertisement