Cowboys have no mental toughness...Yet! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

Cowboys have no mental toughness...Yet!

This game reminded me soooo much of the Pitsburgh game last year....Whip their ass for 3 quarters and fade down the stretch. Romo played like shit,sitting there sulking on the sidelines, Scandrick should be in ICU at the hospital as bad as he got burned last night. It fucking drives me crazy to see the talent this team has and then to watch them play and make mental mistakes....stupid things like oh I don't know tripping somebody,arm tackling,throwing into double coverage, abandoning the run at the start of the second half....you get the point. The giants won the game because the defense just got gased and couldn't put pressure on manning. These are the games you have to win now if you expect to win in the playoffs. I hope they make the proper adjustments or we are in for the same old story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 07:43 AM
Is it cold in here?

Wade Phillips?

[email protected] on some 275 60's!
http://media.putfile.com/Neely-tulsa-final-round001
post #3 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 07:44 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUOVAL View Post
This game reminded me soooo much of the Pitsburgh game last year....Whip their ass for 3 quarters and fade down the stretch. Romo played like shit,sitting there sulking on the sidelines, Scandrick should be in ICU at the hospital as bad as he got burned last night. It fucking drives me crazy to see the talent this team has and then to watch them play and make mental mistakes....stupid things like oh I don't know tripping somebody,arm tackling,throwing into double coverage, abandoning the run at the start of the second half....you get the point. The giants won the game because the defense just got gased and couldn't put pressure on manning. These are the games you have to win now if you expect to win in the playoffs. I hope they make the proper adjustments or we are in for the same old story.
No lie man. You could see exactly where Romo was throwing the ball before he took the snap. He had a horrible performance yesterday. For the defense, lets just pray that Newman doesn't get hurt for one, (even though he let a huge pass go) for two we need to quit running this bull shit prevent style defense where we play 5 yards off. We need to get pressure and mentally get in the game or we're doomed. Barber, Jones and Choice, awesome performance.

03 Mach1
02 Sierra

post #4 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 07:59 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde21 View Post
No lie man. You could see exactly where Romo was throwing the ball before he took the snap. He had a horrible performance yesterday. For the defense, lets just pray that Newman doesn't get hurt for one, (even though he let a huge pass go) for two we need to quit running this bull shit prevent style defense where we play 5 yards off. We need to get pressure and mentally get in the game or we're doomed. Barber, Jones and Choice, awesome performance.
Romo threw that game away, period. I am a supporter of his (though, no nut-swinger), but there was NO excuse for what I saw last night. Some of the poorest judgement I've ever seen. throwing deep into triple coverage when you have a lead, is deplorable. I see can't see blaming the defense for this at all. Could they have been better against the pass? Sure. But they were under constant pressure (4 turnovers?) and had to be worn out by the end of the 3rd quarter. This game was a GIFT to the Giants, to the tune of 24 points off of turnovers. The Cowboys should have beaten them by 20 points, minimum.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #5 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 08:02 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Romo threw that game away, period. I am a supporter of his (though, no nut-swinger), but there was NO excuse for what I saw last night. Some of the poorest judgement I've ever seen. throwing deep into triple coverage when you have a lead, is deplorable. I see can't see blaming the defense for this at all. Could they have been better against the pass? Sure. But they were under constant pressure (4 turnovers?) and had to be worn out by the end of the 3rd quarter. This game was a GIFT to the Giants, to the tune of 24 points off of turnovers. The Cowboys should have beaten them by 20 points, minimum.
We did great against the Brandon Jacobs right, but our secondary didn't show up.(nor have they this season) I knew we we're doomed when we scored with 3 whole minutes left. We couldn't stop the Giants at all. If there was a third down situation they knew all they had to do was throw a pass to anyone and we would get a penalty.

03 Mach1
02 Sierra
post #6 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 08:04 AM
Lifer

Quote:
We did great against the Brandon Jacobs right, but our secondary didn't show up.(nor have they this season) I knew we we're doomed when we scored with 3 whole minutes left. We couldn't stop the Giants at all. If there was a third down situation they knew all they had to do was throw a pass to anyone and we would get a penalty.
The defense held them to 3 field goals? With the short field they were given, they could have easily been TD's. I'm not saying the defense was "great", but they certainly didn't cost them the game.

post #7 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

I really like Romo and his talent but I am starting to get on the media bandwagon that he can't lead this team. I guess it's kind of hard to pump the team up if you are the one pulling the trigger on the mistakes. Maybe they are asking too much of him in the offense? I have no fucking clue why when he has that much talent around him.....I think they are trying to get too cute with the offense. I gurantee if they make it less complicated and he trusts in his teammates to carry most of the load he will be clutch when it counts.
post #8 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
The defense held them to 3 field goals? With the short field they were given, they could have easily been TD's. I'm not saying the defense was "great", but they certainly didn't cost them the game.
For Wade calling the defense they sure didn't adjust well when the knew what was coming. They got absolutley no pass rush going-no adjustment, giants driving for field goal territory-no adjustment, they stayed one dimensional because they got scared the giants run game was going to beat them and played soft on the corners and against the slot. I could go all day on how they just didn't scheme well for the giants pass game, I will give them some slack for the tampa bay game because they had no tape to study but for the giants are you shitting me?! It's really fucking sad when guys don't know their assignment and are blowing coverages and RUNNING into each other!!!
post #9 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 08:25 AM
Time Served

Quote:
I'm going to have to disagree. You're telling me Eli Manning having 330 yards is showing up? Yeah we stopped them a couple times, and held them to 96 yards on the ground but still, D is our 1st problem and Tony is our 2nd. With our ground game alone we have potential to do fine with Tony's occasional 5 yd pass to Witten. Our D needs to step the hell up though.

03 Mach1
02 Sierra

Last edited by cde21; 09-21-2009 at 08:35 AM.
post #10 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 08:49 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I'm going to have to disagree. You're telling me Eli Manning having 330 yards is showing up? Yeah we stopped them a couple times, and held them to 96 yards on the ground but still, D is our 1st problem and Tony is our 2nd. With our ground game alone we have potential to do fine with Tony's occasional 5 yd pass to Witten. Our D needs to step the hell up though.
Whoa! 3 INT's is not a problem in last nights game? Sorry, but you lost me.

post #11 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 08:55 AM
I got your Jihad!!

Like I said last year,,,we need a new quarterback!! Romo is an out of control gun slinger!

2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC
2005 Big Dog Chopper 117ci
post #12 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Whoa! 3 INT's is not a problem in last nights game? Sorry, but you lost me.

No No No. The three interceptions were huge problems. So was the KO return that Jones fumbled. The pass that hit Witten's foot wasn't what I would consider an int. (Although it is still a turnover) Don't get me wrong I'm not defending Romo in anyway because he definitely isn't the man for the job. I'm just saying how can you even give the defense any credit for shit? Yeah held them to 3 FGs, but they also scored 3 TDs. D line is good. Everything behind that needs to step up. That's my point.

03 Mach1
02 Sierra
post #13 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 09:05 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

4 FGs and 3 TDs, but one of the TDs was a TAINT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #14 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 09:05 AM
Lifer

Quote:
No No No. The three interceptions were huge problems. So was the KO return that Jones fumbled. The pass that hit Witten's foot wasn't what I would consider an int. (Although it is still a turnover) Don't get me wrong I'm not defending Romo in anyway because he definitely isn't the man for the job. I'm just saying how can you even give the defense any credit for shit? Yeah held them to 3 FGs, but they also scored 3 TDs. D line is good. Everything behind that needs to step up. That's my point.
I look at the INT off of Witten's foot as a "fluke" that was the result of a HORRIBLE throw. That also left the Giants with a very short field (about the 30, I think). It resulted in a TD.

post #15 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly View Post
where is all of this talent? RB by committee and a marry band of #2 and #3 wide receivers at best?

I am not defending Romo, but maybe he needs a little more help, as in, he is no Manning, either of them, (but he isn't John Kitna either), he needs a stud receiver. I am sorry, but there isn't a player on offense, with the exception of Witten (a freaking tight end), that makes the defense fear them.

Defensive front 7 are strong I think, not the best, but good enough, secondary is the weak point, as we saw last night. Newman has been a trooper, but it is time we found someone that makes him look like the wink link for the other corner. Scandrick, Jenkins and Sensabaugh are not the answers. Shore up the secondary, the D gets exponentially better...which has been the case for years now.
Yeah Roy Williams and Austin Miles aren't deep threats are they? M. Bennett is such a shitty tight end. I mean a tight end that can jump over everyone and can catch the ball is not a threat either. Do you know anything about football? All you are is a guy that pulls up numbers and think you know everything about sports cause you can google.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
post #16 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

[QUOTE=Big Studly;5895704]where is all of this talent? RB by committee and a marry band of #2 and #3 wide receivers at best?

They have arguably the best TE in football, another TE that will be a pro bowler, a work horse running back, a back that can take it to the house at any given time he touches the ball, another back that's a little bit of both, an o-line that ain't little, a 6'4" reciever with great hands that runs a 4.4-4.5 40, and a decent two with above average hands that moves the chains.....so you tell me what other team is putting that kind of offense on the field on any givien sunday and I'll tell you, you can count them on one hand!
post #17 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 09:36 AM
Time Served

romo looks like dog shit.... even last came he had some good numbers but receivers saved his ass on alot of break away plays...
post #18 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 09:54 AM
Lifer

Quote:
you are a football idiot and have proven it time and time again. "Austin Miles" (you are such a football idiot you don't know their names), has done nothing in the NFL, so what if he is fast, if that is the key, sign up Usain Bolt and lets go two the SOUPER BOUL! Roy Williams is a hack and has proven nothing in the NFL, as of what he has shown in the NFL, he is not a threat to anyone.
I bet Usain Bolt gets better seperation from a corner than Roy Williams. Can you imagine him flying down the sidelines. I am sure he would drop the ball constantly though.
post #19 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 09:56 AM
Lifer

Quote:
you are a football idiot and have proven it time and time again. "Austin Miles" (you are such a football idiot you don't know their names), has done nothing in the NFL, so what if he is fast, if that is the key, sign up Usain Bolt and lets go two the SOUPER BOUL! Roy Williams is a hack and has proven nothing in the NFL, as of what he has shown in the NFL, he is not a threat to anyone.
Miles Austin, Austin Miles what the fuck is the difference. You knew exactly who I was talking about. And Roy Williams hasn't done anything in the NFL so far cause do you remember what team he came from dumbass. He was the only good reciever on the Lions so everyone probably was double covering him so yes he couldn't do shit. And last night he couldn't do anything cause of that chump Romo was sucking it up. R. Williams will be a threat now since he is on a decent team.

post #20 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Banned

Roy Williams and Miles Austin are fast and have decent hands. If there's one thing I've noticed, it takes a little bit into the season for receivers and QB's to really start showing chemistry.
post #21 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 10:05 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
Roy Williams and Miles Austin are fast and have decent hands. If there's one thing I've noticed, it takes a little bit into the season for receivers and QB's to really start showing chemistry.
Plus Romo and R. Williams has what not even a year together. So I figure the first year or two there will be blown plays between the two.

post #22 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 10:07 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
Yeah Roy Williams and Austin Miles aren't deep threats are they? M. Bennett is such a shitty tight end. I mean a tight end that can jump over everyone and can catch the ball is not a threat either. Do you know anything about football? All you are is a guy that pulls up numbers and think you know everything about sports cause you can google.
Yeah austin miles? either way, Martellus Bennet will be a great tight end. No matter who he was a dick to. (another thread) he just needs to get the ball thrown his way more often.

03 Mach1
02 Sierra
post #23 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 10:08 AM
Lifer

lol has anyone seen the front page of the Dallas Morning News? lol Wade Phillips expression is hilarious.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos

marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
post #24 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 10:09 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
I bet Usain Bolt gets better seperation from a corner than Roy Williams. Can you imagine him flying down the sidelines. I am sure he would drop the ball constantly though.
that would be fun to watch haha

03 Mach1
02 Sierra
post #25 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 10:12 AM
Lifer

[QUOTE=philsanity07;5895827]lol has anyone seen the front page of the Dallas Morning News? lol Wade Phillips expression is hilarious.[/QUOTE

What's the Dallas Morning news? Is that some kind of text messaging service?
post #26 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 10:16 AM
Lifer

Quote:
yea, becuase Randy Moss, Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson were never the best receivers on the field with hack quarterbacks throwing to them while putting up over 1300 yards receiving consitantly. Even in Williams best year, where Kitna threw for over 4000 yards, he had only 7 receiving TD's. It took 4000 yards from Kitna for him to finally break the 1000 yard receiving mark too. He has played a full 16 game season once! He is a number 2 receiver at best and isn't that great.
Besides Chad Johnson you can't compare R. Williams to TO and Randy Moss. Those two recievers are on a different level. I just figure with whitten and those RB's the cowboy have would free up R. williams were he would have a good career here at Dallas. Now granted he needs a QB to get him the ball where it is catchable.

And who is this Chad Johnson that you speak of? I heard he is dead.

post #27 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 10:27 AM
Time Served

[...... Barber, Jones and Choice, awesome performance.[/QUOTE]

Except for that fumble on the return. That should have never happened, but you seen him cover that ball he when broke for 57 yards and got sucked up like a vacuum cleaner. I think Garrett needs to stick with what is working...the RUN game. I understand you cant 100% rely on it, but you can't abandon it for the sake of using a pass game. Especially when Romo is performing like he was last night.

What the hell is wrong with Flozell, a vet like him knows better that to trip a player and to try a 2nd time after getting popped for it. To me it seemed as if Flozell couldn't hang so he resulted in dirty football.

The whole interference called on Newman I think should have never been called. The man simply changed is route and ran INTO Terrence. T's hands were no way interfere with the play.
post #28 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 10:31 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldawgs75 View Post
[...... Barber, Jones and Choice, awesome performance.

Except for that fumble on the return. That should have never happened, but you seen him cover that ball he when broke for 57 yards and got sucked up like a vacuum cleaner. I think Garrett needs to stick with what is working...the RUN game. I understand you cant 100% rely on it, but you can't abandon it for the sake of using a pass game. Especially when Romo is performing like he was last night.

What the hell is wrong with Flozell, a vet like him knows better that to trip a player and to try a 2nd time after getting popped for it. To me it seemed as if Flozell couldn't hang so he resulted in dirty football.

The whole interference called on Newman I think should have never been called. The man simply changed is route and ran INTO Terrence. T's hands were no way interfere with the play.[/QUOTE]

I noted jones' fumble in an above reply. Other that that he did an awesome job.

Newman's PI call was B.S. for sure though.

Flozell is doomed for at least 20 yards in penalty's a game. Always has been always will be, and it's always on a huge play right where we don't need a careless penalty.

03 Mach1
02 Sierra
post #29 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 10:37 AM
Lifer

That is one thing that bugs me when I am watching a game. The announcers always say Flozell is a great player and talk him up, and he ALWAYS has a penalty, and then the announcers inevitably say, well that is his norm. Is he really THAT good? Where everyone excepts the fact he kills a drive in EVERY game.
post #30 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 10:46 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
I think you got it backwards man....
post #31 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 10:56 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
I think you got it backwards man....
I don't personally. No matter if Kitna or Romo would have been in there we would've looked about the same. We scored 31 points. that should be enough to win a bunch of games. The problem was how many times they scored on us. Secondary most importantly... Ratliff and D-line looked good, I'll give you that.

03 Mach1
02 Sierra
post #32 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 10:58 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I don't personally. No matter if Kitna or Romo would have been in there we would've looked about the same. We scored 31 points. that should be enough to win a bunch of games. The problem was how many times they scored on us. Secondary most importantly... Ratliff and D-line looked good, I'll give you that.
Did you watch the fucking game last night? The giants started in cowboys territory almost every time they scored. Show me a defense that could stop that. Whenever the Giants started in their own territory they couldn't do shit all night. They scored what twice.

post #33 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 11:01 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
You say "yet," as if it's going to happen? Hasn't happened yet, why expect that to change anytime soon under this management/coaching staff?

post #34 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 11:02 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
You say "yet," as if it's going to happen? Hasn't happened yet, why expect that to change anytime soon under this management/coaching staff?
Where did he say "yet"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #35 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 11:03 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I would think you would direct your concerns towards that shitty Steeler team...

post #36 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
Where did he say "yet"?
Yeah I read it three times and didn't see "yet".

post #37 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 11:13 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Did you watch the fucking game last night? The giants started in cowboys territory almost every time they scored. Show me a defense that could stop that. Whenever the Giants started in their own territory they couldn't do shit all night. They scored what twice.
haha yeah I think I watched the game last night. did you see how many receptions/dropped passes eli had where someone was wide the hell open. no one within 10 yards. It's awesome that we shut them down to 3 field goals instead of 3 more TDs but our coverage is horrible.

03 Mach1
02 Sierra
post #38 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 11:14 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Yeah I read it three times and didn't see "yet".
The OP says "yet" in his title.
post #39 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 11:20 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
Where did he say "yet"?
I knew you were quasi-homosexual, but thought you had some intelligence.

post #40 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 11:21 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
The OP says "yet" in his title.
Shit I was just reading quote geor did.

post #41 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 11:22 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
I would think you would direct your concerns towards that shitty Steeler team...
That's won two Super Bowls in three years? Piss off. You said I was the one who would argue with a brick wall? Well you're quite the pot stirrer as well.

post #42 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
The season is very young and I still don't think there is a dominant team in the NFL that is going to run away and be the hands down favorite, with that being said you can win a superbowl with playmakers that catch fire at the right time which hopefully will be the Cowboys story this year. All it takes is for some quality football to be played and the team will start buying into the fact that no one wants to be the weak link that causes the team not to win. The cardinals bought into it last year and rode it all the way to the superbowl....and don't tell me the cardinals have as much talent as the cowboys because I will tell you to put down the crack pipe and think about what you are saying before saying it.
post #43 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 11:24 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
The season is very young and I still don't think there is a dominant team in the NFL that is going to run away and be the hands down favorite, with that being said you can win a superbowl with playmakers that catch fire at the right time which hopefully will be the Cowboys story this year. All it takes is for some quality football to be played and the team will start buying into the fact that no one wants to be the weak link that causes the team not to win. The cardinals bought into it last year and rode it all the way to the superbowl....and don't tell me the cardinals have as much talent as the cowboys because I will tell you to put down the crack pipe and think about what you are saying before saying it.
They certainly have a better offense.

post #44 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 11:25 AM
Lifer

Quote:
The Cardinals have as much talent as the Cowboys.
post #45 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 11:25 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Ok maybe they don't but what does that say about the cowboys? They suck even when they have alot of talent. They have no leader whatsoever on that team. And they will never win with Romo at QB and Jerry Jones as GM.

post #46 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Lifer

Quote:
That's won two Super Bowls in three years? Piss off. You said I was the one who would argue with a brick wall? Well you're quite the pot stirrer as well.
History is wonderful...it helps you try to watch that bucket of shit they had yesterday. As far as a "stirrer", I'm "OK". I still say Rothxczvxs is "adequate"...

And yes...I'm the "one".

post #47 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Won it last year fair and square....I think the refs got super bowl rings too against seattle
post #48 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 11:31 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
History is wonderful...it helps you try to watch that bucket of shit they had yesterday. As far as a "stirrer", I'm "OK". I still say Rothxczvxs is "adequate"...

And yes...I'm the "one".
Sort of like that bucket of shit the Cowboys have had for the past 15 years? I gotcha!

post #49 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Time Served

We'll see how the cowboys do with their crappy D and crappy QB. I'm talking shit about them, but everyone knows the Cowboys are going to the Super Bowl...

03 Mach1
02 Sierra
post #50 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 11:39 AM
Lifer

Quote:
We'll see how the cowboys do with their crappy D and crappy QB. I'm talking shit about them, but everyone knows the Cowboys are going to the Super Bowl...
That is what's wrong with cowboy fans. They live in a fantasy world.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement