Miami vs. OU - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 162 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

Miami vs. OU

If the Canes get past the Hokies that is going to be a huge game against OU. After that there is nobody on their schedule that they shouldn't be able to handle. I still think they will fall victim to not having any quality wins towards the end of the season even if they do go undefeated. All I know is the Big XII has to represent come October 3rd.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 162 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 08:27 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Canes look like they have something good going for them for the first time in years. Not really a fan of them, but don't loath them as I do the Seminoles either. Both VA Tech and OU should be a bit worried about their respective games against them.

post #3 of 162 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 08:34 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUOVAL View Post
If the Canes get past the Hokies that is going to be a huge game against OU. After that there is nobody on their schedule that they shouldn't be able to handle. I still think they will fall victim to not having any quality wins towards the end of the season even if they do go undefeated. All I know is the Big XII has to represent come October 3rd.
Yes and watching that game last night and the way Harris played gives me an even more uneasy feeling. OU tends to have problem with the mobile QB.......VY, Robinson, Freeman, Griffin III.......and GJ Kinne comes to town this weekend.

If the "U" beats VaTech, I don't know that OU can go into Caneland and come out with a victory.

The bottom line here is we will find out what OU is working with this weekend with a pretty good offense in Tulsa with an improved defense. Would I have been worried about this game with Bradford and Gresh? Probably not, but they gotta play who they have and they should be good enough, like you said.

I think OU's defense played well in giving up only 14 to BYU and I think the two offenses are comparable. Gotta protect Landry and OU will come out with a win.

post #4 of 162 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

The AP jerk offs are already writing columns like The U is back and resurging I gurantee they jump into the top 10 this week in the polls. I think the ACC is way overrated but if they beat who is put in front on them then you have to give them credit.
post #5 of 162 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 11:54 PM
Time Served

miami vs OU

As a OU fan I would be lying if I said I wasnt worried about Miami, especially since were going there. Right now I'm worried about Tulsa though.

That BYU game was quite a shock. I never would have thought our offensive line would play so shitty. Yeah theres a lot of new guys but that was ridiculous and Im still wondering why the coaches didnt have this worked out before that game.

Last week we looked much better but the opponent was very poor and it was at home. Wr's and offensive line need to get better in a hurry or what was once a promising team could end up having the worst season we've had in years.

Well find out a lot more about the Sooners tomorrow.
post #6 of 162 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 06:02 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalpoas83 View Post
As a OU fan I would be lying if I said I wasnt worried about Miami, especially since were going there. Right now I'm worried about Tulsa though.

That BYU game was quite a shock. I never would have thought our offensive line would play so shitty. Yeah theres a lot of new guys but that was ridiculous and Im still wondering why the coaches didnt have this worked out before that game.

Last week we looked much better but the opponent was very poor and it was at home. Wr's and offensive line need to get better in a hurry or what was once a promising team could end up having the worst season we've had in years.

Well find out a lot more about the Sooners tomorrow.
I think OU had an exceptional O-line last year, hence the 2 1000 yard rushers and a Heisman winner. It may be unrealistic to expect it to be near the same with the new faces in there.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #7 of 162 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 09:45 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
I think OU had an exceptional O-line last year, hence the 2 1000 yard rushers and a Heisman winner. It may be unrealistic to expect it to be near the same with the new faces in there.
Last season, they had the biggest O line in college football, with an average of 350 lbs.
post #8 of 162 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Last season, they had the biggest O line in college football, with an average of 350 lbs.
So was my statement correct, or not?

post #9 of 162 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 12:13 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
So was my statement correct, or not?
Absolutely. As evidenced in week 1....

I wasn't arguing what you said, I was backing up what you said.
post #10 of 162 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Time Served

So, how's everyone feeling on this game now?

I feel a little better seeing as Virginia Tech was 78th in sacks and absolutely manhandled Harris all day. OU should be able to do much of the same. It is in Miami so OU needs to jump on them early and get the crowd out of it.
post #11 of 162 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 10:50 AM
Lifer

Hopefully OU will win cause that will help out Texas SOS and when Texas beat them then Texas should be a shoe in for the national championship if they run the table after that.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
post #12 of 162 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Resident Epicurean

I feel a lot better about the whole rest of the season, actually.

Not worried about Miami, not worried about UT.
post #13 of 162 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I feel a lot better about the whole rest of the season, actually.

Not worried about Miami, not worried about UT.
You're really not worried about Texas. So you accepted that OU is not going to do anything this year cause of that BYU lost?

post #14 of 162 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
You're really not worried about Texas. So you accepted that OU is not going to do anything this year cause of that BYU lost?
Try again, retard. This time in English....
post #15 of 162 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 11:15 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Try again, retard. This time in English....
Do you mean OU english? If so I don't speak homo. I can't believe you aren't worried about Texas. You think OU will spank Texas or something?

post #16 of 162 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 11:20 AM
Lifer

Miami is a paper tiger. They beat a over-rated OSU team. OU's biggest challenge is being able to protect Bradford, and getting those running backs productive. If they get the "O" line straightened out (against someone other than a Ouchita Baptist), they will be contenders.

Short answer- they bury Miami.

post #17 of 162 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 12:45 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly View Post
hahahahahahaahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahhahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahahahahahaha hahahahahah, your posts never get old, I mean, with all of that new material and stuff you have. When are we going to get the pleasure of another "chokeboys" or "chokelahoma" reference? I can't fucking wait!
What? What did you say? Oh wait that's that homo talk again.

post #18 of 162 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Fear the Stashe

i'm still worried about Miami.. Miami is still a good team, but if Landry starts in a hostile environment like Miami, it might be a long day.

Supposedly Bradford is 50-60% right now, which isn't saying much.

Why are Texas fans worried about SOS? Oh wait, they did schedule chumps like Louisiana Monroe , Wyoming and and UTEP

Go ahead Badass, call us choklahoma and keep calling cowboy fans "chokeboys"along with tony" homo".. its not like your redundant or anything..lol
post #19 of 162 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky View Post
i'm still worried about Miami.. Miami is still a good team, but if Landry starts in a hostile environment like Miami, it might be a long day.

Why are Texas fans worried about SOS? Oh wait, they did schedule chumps like Louisiana Monroe , Wyoming and and UTEP

Go ahead Badass, call us choklahoma and keep calling cowboy fans "chokeboys"along with tony" homo".. its not like your redundant or anything..lol
I'm just stating a fact. Once they prove me wrong then I won't call them that. But as of recent how can you not call the cowboys or OU in big games choke teams?

post #20 of 162 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 01:26 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
I'm just stating a fact. Once they prove me wrong then I won't call them that. But as of recent how can you not call the cowboys or OU in big games choke teams?
Do you make it a point, everyday, to talk shit about other peoples teams? Or is it just engrained in your conscious so much so you don't even realize it?
post #21 of 162 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 01:29 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
Do you make it a point, everyday, to talk shit about other peoples teams? Or is it just engrained in your conscious so much so you don't even realize it?
I talk shit about teams I don't like. Just like how you cowboy fans talk shit about the giants, eagles, and redskins. I wonder why you talk shit about them. I'm a longhorn fan and I wonder what team I hate the most. So of course I'm going to talk shit about OU. Just like OU fans talk shit about the longhorns.

post #22 of 162 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 02:18 PM
Lifer

Quote:
do you not get it? He has got a big bag of nothing. When have you ever, and I mean EVER seen him make a valid point or have some sort of commentary that actually demonstrates any form of sports knowledge. He hasn't, that is why he resorts to the shit talk. No analysis, no x's and o's, nothing, just "chokeboys" and "chokelahoma". Never mind the fact that he doesn't even know what a choke job is.

I would equate it to when someone puts a guy with lower intelligence in his place on a topic, all the guy can respond with is, "yea, well, fuck you then".
Like I said many of times, say this to my face. Sorry that I have a life and don't surround mine with useless sports shit. I have more important things to do in my life, like run a business and taking care of a family. Also I like to prove how many e-thugs there are and you are probably the biggest one. Talk alot of shit behind the computer but in person wont say anything.

post #23 of 162 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 02:18 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I haven't heard yet that Bradford is playing.

Lots of speculation as to why he went to that Dr. in Alabama. Some say insurance reasons and a second opinion on getting a medical release. I have also heard speculation that you don't go and see that guy unless you really need to.
All I heard was that he was going to see him to get released to play. With the report of him throwing short passes the other day, I just assumed he was doing better and was seeking the "OK" from the insurance people to release him to play.
I'm not too sure that OU will need him for the Miami game, anyway. I would still pick OU either way.

post #24 of 162 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 07:35 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
hahaha, you fucking douche. I wouldn't be surprised if you were the guy in the movie theater this past weekend that wanted to "step out side" after I said his date had on too much perfume, to her face. And just like that douche, you wouldn't do shit after I told you to get the hell away.

you have a life that consists of coming in here making stupid as posts that have no merit and make you look like a dumb ass. Here is an idea, instead of posting so much, either a) don't, or b)post half as much and spend the other half of the time actually learning about sports.

In summary, if you don't like to look like, or being called a sports idiot, shut your fucking pie hole.
as much as i havent been here in a while, that guy still doesnt get it
post #25 of 162 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 08:36 PM
Lifer

Quote:
hahaha, you fucking douche. I wouldn't be surprised if you were the guy in the movie theater this past weekend that wanted to "step out side" after I said his date had on too much perfume, to her face. And just like that douche, you wouldn't do shit after I told you to get the hell away.

you have a life that consists of coming in here making stupid as posts that have no merit and make you look like a dumb ass. Here is an idea, instead of posting so much, either a) don't, or b)post half as much and spend the other half of the time actually learning about sports.

In summary, if you don't like to look like, or being called a sports idiot, shut your fucking pie hole.
Bring it bitch and find out.

post #26 of 162 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Time Served

Landry is the starter.......
post #27 of 162 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 02:20 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by stock85 View Post
Landry is the starter.......

So what's your opinion on the game now? I honestly have no idea
post #28 of 162 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
I still think they'll be just fine, but that's JMO.

I think Landry has played pretty damn well, actually. He's no Bradford or McCoy, but he's not terrible, either.
post #29 of 162 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 02:36 PM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
I still think they'll be just fine, but that's JMO.

I think Landry has played pretty damn well, actually. He's no Bradford or McCoy, but he's not terrible, either.
I think they'll handle Miami. Landry has been playing well from what I have seen. Better than I would have thought just given the situation. Still think the UT/OU game will be a tough one regardless of who is playing QB for OU.
post #30 of 162 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Time Served

Quote:
I agree with bcoop, I still think the defense is good enough to win the game for OU, barring any MAJOR disasters from the Redshirt Freshman starting in his first true road game. I honestly don't really know what to expect.

On one hand, I thought Miami was becoming a damn good team and then last week came.........was it the rain? Or were they exposed by a good defense? Virginia Tech had to play in the same rain.

OU played in a monsoon, literally, against Idaho St........yes they are a high school team, but to make all those throws in the rain is pretty impressive to me and I think Landry is gaining confidence. He didn't play perfect against Tulsa, but then again, he didn't have to because the OU defense shut down Tulsa. Tulsa started half of their drives in OU territory or close to for most of that game and still allowed zero points.

Which OU team is going to show up to Miami? The unispired BYU game team or the one they are capable of being..........it's anyone's guess at this point. They need to come out strong to have a chance in the game.
post #31 of 162 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
Better than I would have thought just given the situation. Still think the UT/OU game will be a tough one regardless of who is playing QB for OU.
Same here. I think the RRS is going to be a great game. I think UT, and their fans, are underestimating the OU D this year. They spend too much time worrying about who is going to start for OU, and the newbie just might give them hell.
post #32 of 162 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 02:40 PM
BOOMER SOONER!

Quote:
OU wins by 10 instead of 20.
post #33 of 162 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by stock85 View Post
Which OU team is going to show up to Miami? The unispired BYU game team or the one they are capable of being..........it's anyone's guess at this point. They need to come out strong to have a chance in the game.
This is where I disagree. I don't think the team that played BYU was uninspired. It's hard to overcome a new starting line. Those guys had no chemistry together. They're only going to get better with each game.
post #34 of 162 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 03:13 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky View Post

You do realize who was originally scheduled for and backed out for the Wyoming and UTEP gamedays...right? Considering that schedules are made several years in advance, it's hard to scrounge up good teams on short notice.
post #35 of 162 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude View Post
You do realize who was originally scheduled for and backed out for the Wyoming and UTEP gamedays...right? \
I don't... So inform us.
post #36 of 162 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Time Served

Quote:
You do realize who was originally scheduled for and backed out for the Wyoming and UTEP gamedays...right? Considering that schedules are made several years in advance, it's hard to scrounge up good teams on short notice.
OU does that same thing which is why OU has played two FCS schools the last two years..........I believe it was Clemson, that backed out with OU.
post #37 of 162 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 03:27 PM
not exclude

Quote:
I don't... So inform us.
Utah and Arkansas. Neither of those teams are exactly a powerhouse, but were decent around the approximate scheduling times. Not saying it made or broke the UT SOS, but there's def. an impact.
post #38 of 162 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Utah and Arkansas. Neither of those teams are exactly a powerhouse, but were decent around the approximate scheduling times. Not saying it made or broke the UT SOS, but there's def. an impact.
Utah is respectable (aren't they the ones that went undefeated last year), but Arkansas.... ha.
post #39 of 162 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 04:34 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Utah is respectable (aren't they the ones that went undefeated last year), but Arkansas.... ha.
Well yeah, now. But 3 years ago (when it was schedules) Utah wasn't as good and Arkansas was better (10-4). Point is, they are scheduled out a ways so you can't tell who is gonna be good/bad and you can't really do much when they back out from the game during the off season.
post #40 of 162 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 03:38 PM
BOOMER SOONER!

starting safety & cornerback are out for Miami, combine that with an 89th ranked pass defense means Landry Jones is gonna shred em.
post #41 of 162 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Time Served

The thing that nobody talks about is OU's wr's. They still need somebody to step up in that dept. Landry is doing well and the offensive line is already much improved but we cant throw to Broyles all the time.
post #42 of 162 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 05:55 PM
BOOMER SOONER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalpoas83 View Post
The thing that nobody talks about is OU's wr's. They still need somebody to step up in that dept. Landry is doing well and the offensive line is already much improved but we cant throw to Broyles all the time.

Broyles doesn't seem to mind.
post #43 of 162 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 07:07 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
correction UT backed out of the 10yr deal with ark so they got A&M instead.

post #44 of 162 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 01:00 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Playing A&M works a lot better for UT...a 100 year-old rivalry, packed stadiums no matter where they play, and recruiting advantages.

post #45 of 162 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 01:09 AM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Playing A&M works a lot better for UT...a 100 year-old rivalry, packed stadiums no matter where they play, and recruiting advantages.
LOL UT didn't want to play a big conf school every year with a shot at ruining their title run. UA offered 5 game, 10 games, and something along the lines of what UT OU hd before they joined the big 12. Jerry jones was throwing money at it, and as for packed stadiums you must have forgotten all the RV's when UA played any game in Texas. They have some of the best fans when it comes to football games out of state.

post #46 of 162 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 07:39 AM
Lifer

Quote:
LOL UT didn't want to play a big conf school every year with a shot at ruining their title run. UA offered 5 game, 10 games, and something along the lines of what UT OU hd before they joined the big 12. Jerry jones was throwing money at it, and as for packed stadiums you must have forgotten all the RV's when UA played any game in Texas. They have some of the best fans when it comes to football games out of state.
"Big Conference"? U of A is a 2nd tier team...sorry. Begininning in 2000, they lost 6 games, 5 losses in '01, 5 losses in '02, 4 in '03, 6 in '04, 7 in '05, 3 in '06, 5 in'07, and 7 in '08. I'd call that "2nd tier", wouldn't you? People already complain that UT plays too many tomato cans already...
They will always play A&M because of the in-state rivalry factor, and it fills both stadiums which are about 100 miles apart.

post #47 of 162 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
"Big Conference"? U of A is a 2nd tier team...sorry. Begininning in 2000, they lost 6 games, 5 losses in '01, 5 losses in '02, 4 in '03, 6 in '04, 7 in '05, 3 in '06, 5 in'07, and 7 in '08. I'd call that "2nd tier", wouldn't you? People already complain that UT plays too many tomato cans already...
They will always play A&M because of the in-state rivalry factor, and it fills both stadiums which are about 100 miles apart.
I would rather see UT versus A&M.
post #48 of 162 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 11:25 AM
not exclude

Quote:
Errr, Arkie was the one who announced that they were breaking from a UT contract to go with the A&M game in arlington. They knew they'd have a better chance of filling seats long term and creating a rivalry because no one wants to see a repetitive slaughter.
post #49 of 162 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 12:51 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Errr, Arkie was the one who announced that they were breaking from a UT contract to go with the A&M game in arlington. They knew they'd have a better chance of filling seats long term and creating a rivalry because no one wants to see a repetitive slaughter.
lol...ut is 2-2 in the last 4 meetings. UT backed out, Ark went public with the offer, Jones backed it, and UT said not thanks. So Jones brought in A&M and Ark took it. ARK wants it's foot in texas to get some ball players again.

ARK fans are never lacking at any game they play.

post #50 of 162 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 12:53 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
hey in 03 didn't that 2nd tier team beat UT...lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement