What about Bradford? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

What about Bradford?

With Stoops coming out saying he's not going to comment on Bradford, to me, is not a good sign at all. It appears now that there is "speculation" that he is done for the year and that the doctors he's seen have told him to have surgery.

I look at this two ways:

1. If I were him, I'd want to heal perfectly before I even thought about coming back. If he sits out the year, I would not hate him for it.

2. Wouldn't the scouts want him to come back and show he can fight through injuries?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 10:57 AM
Lifer

If he cares about going high in the draft he should sit out this year and come back next year. So next year he can show that the injury didn't hurt is game at all.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 11:21 AM
Lifer

it could be another thing, stoops dosent want to talk about Bradford on if or if not he is coming back so that way it can keep his other teams guessing. They play Tulsa so that wont be anything to lose sleep on.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos

marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly View Post
like I said before, the chips are falling to have Bradford and Gresham back next year with a more experienced receiving core and o-line to make another run at a national championship.
I have started to lean that way just a bit, but man, what if something happens again next year to either one of them, that would be a damn shame!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 12:35 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by stock85 View Post
I have started to lean that way just a bit, but man, what if something happens again next year to either one of them, that would be a damn shame!

exactly why i think they both sit out this year and still enter the draft. Why take the risk of getting hurt again without being paid for it?
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 12:50 PM
American Idol

Anyone know what the stipulations are on Bradford's insurance policy? Is he only able to collect if he sustains a career ending injury?

I bet he is back in a few weeks and then gets the fuck outta dodge at the end of the season.

$$$$ > natl. championship

"I don't have a problem with anger, I have a problem with idiots!"
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
yea, it would, but the Willis McGahee's of the world are few and far between. (i.e. getting hurt, entering the draft and being a 1st rounder). After sitting out a year, I would think they would want another year to prove they have healed and can still produce and at the same time, have a better shot at accomplishing something they both came back to school for this year. Seems like an unfufilled void they would be leaving behind.
I agree but money is a powerful thing.......I don't think Gresh will come back, but Bradford seems to love the king life at school, so who knows.........
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Who cares! If you're such a fucking power house AND have your pick of top notch recruits you should be able to plug somebody in and keep winning! O verrated U nder achievers!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUOVAL View Post
Who cares! If you're such a fucking power house AND have your pick of top notch recruits you should be able to plug somebody in and keep winning! O verrated U nder achievers!
I'll bet you were saying the same thing a few years back when McCoy got hurt, weren't ya? Snead should have just plugged right in and beat K-State and A&M.........
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 04:28 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
I'll bet you were saying the same thing a few years back when McCoy got hurt, weren't ya? Snead should have just plugged right in and beat K-State and A&M.........

actually, Snead played great against kstate, the secondary on the other hand.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 04:46 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Snead has turned into a fine QB also. I wonder what he could have done at Texas if he had beat out McCoy and led that team.

Don't know, that's a good question. Kinda hard to say one way or the other the way Colt turned out
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 06:28 PM
Clown

Quote:
Snead has turned into a fine QB also. I wonder what he could have done at Texas if he had beat out McCoy and led that team.
Snead does stand tall in the pocket and will definitely be playing on Sunday in the future.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
McCoy got hurt and Texas still put up ten wins and a bowl victory! Now K State and A and M weren't exactly power houses Oklahoma's upcoming schedule is shaping up about the same. I just can't believe you OU homers are already packing in the season because your QB goes down. I hope the freshman does well and they have a QB controversy!
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 05:40 AM
Lifer

Quote:
McCoy got hurt and Texas still put up ten wins and a bowl victory! Now K State and A and M weren't exactly power houses Oklahoma's upcoming schedule is shaping up about the same. I just can't believe you OU homers are already packing in the season because your QB goes down. I hope the freshman does well and they have a QB controversy!
If Bradford comes back and they don't improve that front line, he won't survive the season. It could be the NFL career that never was.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Packing in the season? I'm not, but honestly from that first game, what can we expect? It's not just because Sammy went down, Gresham also went down and he's the most important reciever we have. No other TE's have stepped up and one reciever has, Broyles.

The point is the QB is the most important position on offense and without the star in there, there are going to be issues. Landry has played well since coming in. Yes it was against a worse than pourus Idaho State, but even in the BYU game he came in and drove them down the field for the winning field goal and if it were not for the 5 yard penalty, OU might have went ahead. Would they have stopped BYU on the next series with a minute left, who knows, they didn't do it the last time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement