TT vs. UT - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

TT vs. UT

Earliest conference game for either team in how long? Like this or no?

8 p.m. Saturday night........no chance of a slow start in this one for the Horns.

Early predictions? 17.5 point favorites.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 09:21 AM
HPP = GHEY

UT is going to beat the shit out of them...

Nick's Custom Detailing 214-205-1287

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybo View Post
Don't care if you do. This is not going to be another talk about Kenny's Cobalt thread. I know what my other car runs and I am proud of it. It might be hard for you to swallow that pill, but there are lots of 4 bangers that run 13s and better. SRT-4 Neons, Cobalt SS's, Saturn Sky Redline's and Evo's do it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!
post #3 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Lifer

i love texas all around but i hope tech beats that ass

post #4 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 09:31 AM
HPP = GHEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
i love texas all around but i hope tech beats that ass

wtf!!!!

why?

Nick's Custom Detailing 214-205-1287

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybo View Post
Don't care if you do. This is not going to be another talk about Kenny's Cobalt thread. I know what my other car runs and I am proud of it. It might be hard for you to swallow that pill, but there are lots of 4 bangers that run 13s and better. SRT-4 Neons, Cobalt SS's, Saturn Sky Redline's and Evo's do it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!
post #5 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 09:36 AM
Lifer

have soo much family that lives up there hell i got a aunt and uncle that work at tech
post #6 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 09:41 AM
Lifer

I would probably take Tech and the 17 points. UT will win, but I'm thinking they will not cover.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #7 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 09:44 AM
Lifer

This going to be a good game Im the only UT fan. All my friends are either Tech OU or A&M fans. I hope UT stomps Tech.

1967 Camaro SS/RS
post #8 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 09:56 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95snake View Post
This going to be a good game Im the only UT fan. All my friends are either Tech OU or A&M fans. I hope UT stomps Tech.
It's definitely payback time. I would love to see Tech demoralized, I just don't think it will happen.

post #9 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 10:08 AM
Resident Epicurean

No way UT covers the spread.

I think UT will win, but it's hard to say. Haven't seen Potts against anyone, yet. I know I hate them both, and if there were a way for both to lose, I'm all for it.
post #10 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 10:32 AM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
No way UT covers the spread.

I think UT will win, but it's hard to say. Haven't seen Potts against anyone, yet. I know I hate them both, and if there were a way for both to lose, I'm all for it.
UT will cover. I imagined they watched how the polls just love SC despite struggling against a bad TOSU team. I look for a huge day from McCoy and company.

Speaking of TOSU, where's Nate? I haven't seen him in one of these threads yet.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
post #11 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 10:32 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

I'm kind of glad they are playing tech early. It gives them a chance to face a spread offense that is decent enough where they can fine tune the "D" before playing the likes of OU, Kansas, Mizzou, and OSU.
post #12 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 10:36 AM
Banned

As long as they start out sucky like last year, UT should be fine. I'll be the first to say that UT lost last year because of McCoy scoring too early. He should've got the first down, killed a LOT of time off the clock and punched it in.
post #13 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
I think UT will win, but it's hard to say. Haven't seen Potts against anyone, yet.
This is what I'm going with. I really don't know anything about this year's Tech team.

I didn't get to watch much of the UT game this weekend, but from what I read, the o-line had some issues or something early. I'm not sure Tech's D is any better or not......
post #14 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 10:50 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl View Post
Then you either can't read, or haven't looked. He called it before the game ever started.

And no, UT won't cover.
post #15 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 10:54 AM
BOOMER SOONER!

UT doesn't need to come out sloppy like they did this past week, should beat Tech fairly easy.
post #16 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 11:03 AM
Time Served

I feel it will be a good game with UT probably winning. I sure hope I am wrong though. Tech has a lot of new starters on both sides of the ball. It always takes a few games for Tech teams to get in a groove, and I just do not feel we are there yet witha first year starting QB. there is a ton of talent on this Tech team, but they are young and inexperienced. We shall see what happens.
post #17 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.8 STANG View Post
I feel it will be a good game with UT probably winning. I sure hope I am wrong though. Tech has a lot of new starters on both sides of the ball. It always takes a few games for Tech teams to get in a groove, and I just do not feel we are there yet witha first year starting QB. there is a ton of talent on this Tech team, but they are young and inexperienced. We shall see what happens.
Texas has a fast defense, and Tech needs to protect Potts. He's going to get hit some, it's just to what degree. I know absolutely nothing about the Tech defense, except they have some new guys. It should be fun.

post #18 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 12:37 PM
CEO of......

Tech doesn't play that well in Austin. 56-17 Texas
post #19 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 12:45 PM
Good times

We (Tech) are screwed. I think it will be a good game, but I don't see Tech coming out of Austin with a win.

n/a
post #20 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 01:07 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
Then you either can't read, or haven't looked. He called it before the game ever started.

And no, UT won't cover.
I read fine (although not that thread), and no I didn't look. I was referring to the site's token Buckeye fan NastyNate or whatever his name is. Maybe he changed names and I just missed it.

Edit: I did a search, and it seems it's just Nate now. I was looking for that Buckeye avatar. My bad.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
post #21 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 01:15 PM
Lifer

Texas by 20 plus. They will make Tech their bitches.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
post #22 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 01:21 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
UT will cover. I imagined they watched how the polls just love SC despite struggling against a bad TOSU team. I look for a huge day from McCoy and company.

I'm here, I honestly thought USC would win by 7-10...was an exciting game, maybe they can eek out a Big 10/11 Championship and another BCS bid...we'll see. Penn State will be tough, but other then that it's up to those two schools later this season.

Quote:

And no, UT won't cover.
I think UT can cover and yeah I don't go and hide but I didn't have high expectations this year...honestly think 10-2 and just outside the BCS with Penn State finishing 11-1 or whatever and taking the Big Ten title and going to Pasadena.
Quote:
I read fine (although not that thread), and no I didn't look. I was referring to the site's token Buckeye fan NastyNate or whatever his name is. Maybe he changed names and I just missed it.

Edit: I did a search, and it seems it's just Nate now. I was looking for that Buckeye avatar. My bad.
Yeah I ditched avatar's etc and have sigs turned off, I'm still around and just have reigned back on some of my posting since I work slightly more in my new role at work.
post #23 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 03:13 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Glad to see you're still here, and I pretty much agree with what you said. PSU could go undefeated if they beat TOSU. If not, it'll be one loss for each and BCS for TOSU. I'm going to officially label this season a disappointment if UT and Florida let down their guard and don't play for the title. A lot can change between now and then, but this is the matchup that I think everyone wants to see, especially after the way last season finished. I'm afraid that the media could let USC sneak in there if they go undefeated. Man I hate the Pac 1+9.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
post #24 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Lifer

i retract my statement... as much as i want to see tech get a win they fucking suck.

/end thread
post #25 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Clown

Potts definitely has an arm on him but he has been throwing off of his back foot and will get picked by the Texas D if he continues that next week. Unless Texas starts out slow again they will cover. I am sure that Leach would like to just get out of Austin without being embarrased and without injury. After Texas, Tech has to come down here to Houston and play U of H. Tech could very well lose 2 in a row.
post #26 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 07:07 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
It's definitely payback time. I would love to see Tech demoralized, I just don't think it will happen.
It is payback. I think that UT will win though. I dont think it will be easy, but I dont think there gonna lose either.

1967 Camaro SS/RS
post #27 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 07:37 PM
dee
Lifer

CAn't wait has potential to be a good game.
post #28 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 08:15 PM
Genetically Blessed

We have our big advisor meeting this Friday morning, so Friday afternoon and Saturday will be party time!! I'm really looking forward to this one; I have a few Tech buddies coming down to go to the game with us. I think UT will win, but I don't think they will cover the spread.
post #29 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 08:19 PM
Back To Normal

It is very hard for Tech to get a win in Austin. It should be a good game. I hope that this game being so early in the season prevents it from being a UT win by blowout. UT will be thinking payback and I hope our inexperience doesnt bite us. If Potts keeps a level head and doesnt freak out when he gets popped by a UT defensive end he could keep it close.

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.
post #30 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Clown

I just had to go over to the Austin Statesman and read what they are saying about the game....Is it me or is the orange nation still upset about what happened last year? It is almost as if they can't believe that Tech actually won. Hell when I went to UNT we beat Tech in Lubbock....stuff happens.
post #31 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 07:53 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&T's 82 View Post
I just had to go over to the Austin Statesman and read what they are saying about the game....Is it me or is the orange nation still upset about what happened last year? It is almost as if they can't believe that Tech actually won. Hell when I went to UNT we beat Tech in Lubbock....stuff happens.
Things like this ^ is where my hatred for UT comes from. They're the biggest bunch of whiney douchebags, consistently, year in and year out.

That's not opinion, either. It's fact. Just look at history, and look at the track record of the 'pros' they've put out. They all think they are God's gift to football, and throw hissy fits like toddlers when anyone disagrees, or they don't get their way.
post #32 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 07:55 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&T's 82 View Post
We're all still pissed. It's time for payback. I'm sure the Statesman wants to be sure the Horns aren't lackadaisical.

post #33 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 09:51 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Things like this ^ is where my hatred for UT comes from. They're the biggest bunch of whiney douchebags, consistently, year in and year out.

That's not opinion, either. It's fact. Just look at history, and look at the track record of the 'pros' they've put out. They all think they are God's gift to football, and throw hissy fits like toddlers when anyone disagrees, or they don't get their way.

so it's whiney because you want to beat somebody that beat you last year? LMFAO

if you want whiney, go check out the tech fans that are already coming up with excuses about the refs for a game that hasn't even happened yet
post #34 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 09:54 PM
CEO of......

and bcoop, when you say track history, are you looking past anybody beyond Vince Young, or is that where you stop? Because your "fact" doesn't make any sense
post #35 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 09:55 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Sound like cowboy fans too.

post #36 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
and bcoop, when you say track history, are you looking past anybody beyond Vince Young, or is that where you stop? Because your "fact" doesn't make any sense
Does it ever?

post #37 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 09:59 PM
Banned

Quote:

Whiney bitches? Have you lived in a college town ever? It's like that at every school. "This team beat us last year, lets be sure to tear them a new one this year." Hell, it's like that with highschool rivalries as well.

The UT/Tech game last year was an awesome game. Probably one of the best fought games of the year. It is funny however that the people aren't playing are the ones talking the most shit.
post #38 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 10:06 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
so it's whiney because you want to beat somebody that beat you last year? LMFAO
Not at all. There's nothing wrong with that. It's all the crying about how they were done wrong, blah blah blah. Where's that picture of the sign at UT that shows Big XII Championships, and shows '2008*'? I'm STILL hearing excuses about how they got fucked, and it wasn't right, and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Don't act like you don't have a fucking clue what I'm talking about...
post #39 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 10:07 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Cedric Benson, Ricky Williams.... Do you want me to keep going? I'm chilling in a hotel room in Cleveland, I can do this all night if you like.
post #40 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 10:10 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
Whiney bitches? Have you lived in a college town ever? It's like that at every school. "This team beat us last year, lets be sure to tear them a new one this year." Hell, it's like that with highschool rivalries as well.
Again, nothing wrong with rivalry. For the record, yes, I lived in Austin for a very short time. Several years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
It is funny however that the people aren't playing are the ones talking the most shit.
So now, you have to be a member of a team to talk shit? I see..... Shouldn't you, Dumbass, and bert shut the fuck up then?
post #41 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 10:11 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Cedric Benson, Ricky Williams.... Do you want me to keep going? I'm chilling in a hotel room in Cleveland, I can do this all night if you like.

they're still in the league, and are actually playing lol
post #42 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 10:14 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Not at all. There's nothing wrong with that. It's all the crying about how they were done wrong, blah blah blah. Where's that picture of the sign at UT that shows Big XII Championships, and shows '2008*'? I'm STILL hearing excuses about how they got fucked, and it wasn't right, and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

and actually i don't, i've never heard that texas was "done wrong" by the tech game. And i think the "*" is pretty fucking lame.

and wtf are you doing in that shitty town?
post #43 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 10:16 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Again, nothing wrong with rivalry. For the record, yes, I lived in Austin for a very short time. Several years ago.

So now, you have to be a member of a team to talk shit? I see..... Shouldn't you, Dumbass, and bert shut the fuck up then?

now i'm talking shit??? damn, wish i would've known that, i would've put more effort in my comments on this thread
post #44 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Banned

Quote:

How much shit have I talked this season? I think Sunday will be a great game with UT coming out on top. I've even shown some respect to OU, but simply point out the fact that they have a habit of choking in bowl games.

Dumbass...
post #45 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
they're still in the league,
Ricky Williams was out for how long again? Because he couldn't give up pot for millions of dollars? What about Benson, his alcohol problem, and all the other shit he's done?
post #46 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

and wtf are you doing in that shitty town?

Work. And yeah, this place sucks donkey cock.

Quote:
now i'm talking shit??? damn, wish i would've known that, i would've put more effort in my comments on this thread
About as much shit as I've been talking.... That's my point.
post #47 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ricky Williams was out for how long again? Because he couldn't give up pot for millions of dollars? What about Benson, his alcohol problem, and all the other shit he's done?
Dude likes his pot. He'd make three6mafia proud. Don't know anything about the Benson guy.
post #48 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 10:42 PM
CEO of......

Quote:

so one liked to smoke pot and the other likes to drink on the lake, who doesn't do that? LOL

when Ricky isn't smoking pot, he's a bad motherfucker
post #49 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 09:29 AM
Lifer

Quote:

And if OU didn't make it you know you would be bitching, pissing, and moaning also.

post #50 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 11:28 AM
Saint's heart sinner skin

How is Ricky whining? You transitioned from it being a FACT that all UT players whine, to "oh, look over here, this guy smokes pot and this guy was drunk on the lake." How is any of that related to whining? Ricky hasn't ever blamed anyone else for his actions or whined about the situation he put himself in. What about Priest Holmes? Lyle Sendlein, Tony Brackens, Quan Cosby, Michael Huff, Griffin, Robison, Miller, Orakpo, Bo Scaife, Rogers, and on and on and on. Vince Young is the only one I've seen be a whiner. So you take one guy plus the whining from a newspaper and attribute it to everyone. So by that example, we should believe that all OU players are paid to play or get free use of a Lexus?

You seem like a nice guy, but within a minute of meeting you you saw my UT hat and started in on ow you feel most UT fans are T-shirt fans. Of course being a Cowboys fan too, it seems that you're just bitter that your teams can shell out a bunch of money for the most rotten players and still not win it all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement