Immaculate reception - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Immaculate reception

wow no thread? that was one of the craziest plays iv ever seen.... by far best catch of week 1

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 09:08 AM
HPP = GHEY

ehh it was alright.. ive seen better

Nick's Custom Detailing 214-205-1287

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybo View Post
Don't care if you do. This is not going to be another talk about Kenny's Cobalt thread. I know what my other car runs and I am proud of it. It might be hard for you to swallow that pill, but there are lots of 4 bangers that run 13s and better. SRT-4 Neons, Cobalt SS's, Saturn Sky Redline's and Evo's do it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 09:30 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Needs a different title. Awesome play, nonetheless.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 09:32 AM
ese mi rey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
Needs a different title. Awesome play, nonetheless.
Should read "Right Place at the Right Time"...

Nice play tho...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoMoCoDriver View Post
No chinges con los cowboys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetfast50 View Post
Those who know me on a personal level, know i don't fuck around when it comes to making hp. I can make more horse power with a rock, stick, and a piece of twine then most of you could ever make in a life time.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 11:40 AM
Custom Title

It was planned, they worked on it all week in practice!

Wanna see some Cutler greatness, click here

Click here

They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

All of that to squeak by the Bungles? Yikes.

post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Lifer

Comparison, contrast.

After watching both of those videos, it's obvious how the quality of the television sure has inproved over the years.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Lifer

It's also obvious that under the rules of the immaculate reception, the ball was dead. Just sayin.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 12:04 PM
Custom Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
It's also obvious that under the rules of the immaculate reception, the ball was dead. Just sayin.

How? It never hit the ground, he snagged it and ran it in.

post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Lifer

There was a rule about the ball touching a defender. If you watch the nfl films movies they talk about it. Don't remember all the details on how the rule worked.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 12:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstang View Post
It was planned, they worked on it all week in practice!

Wanna see some Cutler greatness, click here

Click here
I feel bad for Cutler. Wasn't he "ok" with the Broncos? The bears offense just plain sucks. The line sucks, the receivers are a fucking joke. It's like they took all the people that lost 4th and long and stuck them on the Bears.

Also, I thought he immaculate reception was the Joe Montana thing?
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 12:07 PM
2-7 and still a fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowstang View Post
it was planned, they worked on it all week in practice!

Wanna see some cutler greatness, click here

click here
haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexchick View Post
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 12:09 PM
Custom Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
I feel bad for Cutler. Wasn't he "ok" with the Broncos? The bears offense just plain sucks. The line sucks, the receivers are a fucking joke. It's like they took all the people that lost 4th and long and stuck them on the Bears.

Cutler sucked as a Bronco, he had a loosing record, cried all the time, bitched whenever anything went wrong, etc. I never liked the guy and am glad he is gone. Orton is not the answer, but he is better than Cutler.

Can't wait till next week, Bronco's home opener! Should be several Cutler jersey burning parties in the parking lot to attend!

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 12:09 PM
Lifer

Quote:

The Montana to Clark play is "The Catch".
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstang View Post
Cutler sucked as a Bronco, he had a loosing record, cried all the time, bitched whenever anything went wrong, etc. I never liked the guy and am glad he is gone. Orton is not the answer, but he is better than Cutler.

Can't wait till next week, Bronco's home opener! Should be several Cutler jersey burning parties in the parking lot to attend!
Still feel bad for him. The times he was on target, the receivers would either stray off the route, or flat out drop the pass.
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 12:16 PM
Custom Title

Quote:
Still feel bad for him. The times he was on target, the receivers would either stray off the route, or flat out drop the pass.
That's what he gets for "demanding a trade" He wanted Chicago, he got it. He is an Int machine, especially in the red zone. I forget how many games he blew with his ill advised throws to the defense!

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 12:20 PM
Lifer

just an fyi, Urlacher is out for the season. So, the Bears offense better find some receivers and an o-line pretty quick.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 12:30 PM
2-7 and still a fan!

Quote:
just an fyi, Urlacher is out for the season.
Wow, he's probablty the best player on defense, suck for Da Bears...

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexchick View Post
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 01:51 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
There was a rule about the ball touching a defender. If you watch the nfl films movies they talk about it. Don't remember all the details on how the rule worked.
Might want to know the rules before you start talking about shit you think you know. There was a rule that stated that the ball cannot touch two offensive players after the other, but the ball hit Jack Tatum, therefore the play was still alive.

post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 02:00 PM
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS

You want to talk immaculate catch check out the Drew Brees throw to Shockey. That shit was bad ass.

MILK
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 02:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
Might want to know the rules before you start talking about shit you think you know. There was a rule that stated that the ball cannot touch two offensive players after the other, but the ball hit Jack Tatum, therefore the play was still alive.
Your right, the rule was that a ball could not be touched by a receiver, and then touched by another receiver. The controversy was on whether or not the Steelers receiver(french, i think was his name, or something like it) touched the ball when Jack Tatum hit him. It is really impossible to tell if the first reciever touched the ball. So really, it was a matter of whether or not the refs wanted to get out of the stadium alive.
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk View Post
You want to talk immaculate catch check out the Drew Brees throw to Shockey. That shit was bad ass.

MILK
hell yes ftw~!

<--- saints fan

edit: couldnt find just that catch so heres all of em lol

post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:

I wouldn't be so quick to judge that. One, Cutler was the baby that whined his way out of town. I feel better for Orton for winning than for Cutler's situation. Jay asked for it. As for his team, let's see. He has Matt Forte, probably the best up and coming running back not named Jones-Drew or Peterson. He has Devin Hester, still a converted defense guy, but probably the fastest receiver at getting down field in the game. He has Gregg Olsen, a very promising and highly rated tight end. He basically has an improved team over what Orton had last year.

I was so sick of the announcers saying the receivers were killing Cutler last night. To me, it appeared he was throwing behind them all over the field. He needs to learn to shut his pie hole and spend time learning how to be a QB. You can reference him still being in Denver and publicly claiming he had a better arm than Elway. Whether he did/does or not, that's a stupid thing to say. Then again, this is Cutler we're talking about.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl View Post
I wouldn't be so quick to judge that. One, Cutler was the baby that whined his way out of town. I feel better for Orton for winning than for Cutler's situation. Jay asked for it. As for his team, let's see. He has Matt Forte, probably the best up and coming running back not named Jones-Drew or Peterson. He has Devin Hester, still a converted defense guy, but probably the fastest receiver at getting down field in the game. He has Gregg Olsen, a very promising and highly rated tight end. He basically has an improved team over what Orton had last year.

I was so sick of the announcers saying the receivers were killing Cutler last night. To me, it appeared he was throwing behind them all over the field. He needs to learn to shut his pie hole and spend time learning how to be a QB. You can reference him still being in Denver and publicly claiming he had a better arm than Elway. Whether he did/does or not, that's a stupid thing to say. Then again, this is Cutler we're talking about.
Somewhere, Philip Rivers is smiling and still talking shit about Cutler.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
lmao you know he is.... hmm just a thought but how many people think chargers would have won the super bowl already if they kept drew brees?
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

[QUOTE=Juiceweezl;5885873] You can reference him still being in Denver and publicly claiming he had a better arm than Elway.QUOTE]

yeah that was a pretty bad statement
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
LOL So true. He probably sent him a text after the game congratulating him on such a fine Bears debut.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 04:38 PM
T-MINUS

Where is that fucking failed abortion Taylor to sing the praises of Cutler???!

I loved it last night. Rob and I shared our joy through text.

Cutler is not, and will never be a leader. If his receivers were running off of their routes he would have addressed it. He won't. He'll bitch and beg for a mulligan on the trade.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 11:00 PM
Lifer

It's already been referred to as the Immaculate deflection.

"The problem with doing nothing is you never know when your finished."
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 01:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl View Post

The only big mistake I saw that Cutler made, keep in mind that I didn't watch the whole game was when he was scramblind and when receivers see that, they're supposed to scramble toward the QB. Well, he threw it towards where the receiver would've been had he stayed on his route, which he didn't do because the QB was running for his life. I think it ended up as an interception. Other than that, it was receivers letting corners and safeties get in front of them due to bad routes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement