NFL Football and Misguided Shit - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

NFL Football and Misguided Shit

I've got a bone to pick. I must admit, I'm more than slightly pissed at the events following the game last night.

Immediately, when the game was over, whatever dumb reporter cunt immediately grabbed Booger and Ward, and interviewed them.

I have a few problems with this. Booger didn't win the game for the Steelers. Neither did Ward.

In fact, Booger got sacked how many times? AND threw two picks? Ward fumbled at the fucking 6 yd line, with less than a minute to go. Booger sucks, plain and simple. He should have given ALL credit to the Defense, and promptly shut his fat fucking wigger mouth. This pisses me the fuck off to no end. Instead, Booger and Ward touted themselves, each other, the offense, etc. Complete horse shit.

And just so Geor doesn't get all bent out of shape, I'd be screaming the same thing if Tennessee had won. So it's not bias. These fools are so goddamn full of themselves, they can't even give credit where it's due. And it's damned frustrating as a fan. I can't even imagine the frustration as a team mate of one of those cock rags. Once again, I'm not only talking about Booger and Ward. The same could be said for my Cowboys, or any other team in the NFL.

This article was my boiling point on this.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Additionally, you'd think the NFL would have this figured out by now, as old as it is. I always have, and always will hate how NFL games are decided in OT situations. It shouldn't be decided by a fucking coin flip. Obviously, the teams are evenly matched enough to make it to OT to begin with. A coin flip is a chickenshit way to decide the game. I've been hollering for years, that it needs be the same as the NCAA. Last night's game just brought it back to the forefront of my mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 04:48 PM
SVT God

I know you are pissed and all, but to say that Roethlisberger sucks? He is a Super Bowl Champion and did you not see the passes he makes? He takes sacks because he is not afraid to get hit and never wants to quit on a play.

This is coming from a guy who can't stand the Steelers. I wanted the Titan's (who I hate less) to win, but knew they wouldn't.

2010 Chevy Equinox
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 - RC 3" lift, 31" Duratracs
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinc_Stang View Post
I know you are pissed and all, but to say that Roethlisberger sucks? He is a Super Bowl Champion and did you not see the passes he makes? He takes sacks because he is not afraid to get hit and never wants to quit on a play.

This is coming from a guy who can't stand the Steelers. I wanted the Titan's (who I hate less) to win, but knew they wouldn't.
Roethlenbvcxcb is adequate at best. They interviewed him because he's in the news with the skank.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"

post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 08:34 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Roethlenbvcxcb is adequate at best. They interviewed him because he's in the news with the skank.
Romo or Roethlisberger. Who would you rather have on your team?

post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 08:37 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
I've got a bone to pick. I must admit, I'm more than slightly pissed at the events following the game last night.

Immediately, when the game was over, whatever dumb reporter cunt immediately grabbed Booger and Ward, and interviewed them.

I have a few problems with this. Booger didn't win the game for the Steelers. Neither did Ward.

In fact, Booger got sacked how many times? AND threw two picks? Ward fumbled at the fucking 6 yd line, with less than a minute to go. Booger sucks, plain and simple. He should have given ALL credit to the Defense, and promptly shut his fat fucking wigger mouth. This pisses me the fuck off to no end. Instead, Booger and Ward touted themselves, each other, the offense, etc. Complete horse shit.

And just so Geor doesn't get all bent out of shape, I'd be screaming the same thing if Tennessee had won. So it's not bias. These fools are so goddamn full of themselves, they can't even give credit where it's due. And it's damned frustrating as a fan. I can't even imagine the frustration as a team mate of one of those cock rags. Once again, I'm not only talking about Booger and Ward. The same could be said for my Cowboys, or any other team in the NFL.

This article was my boiling point on this.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Additionally, you'd think the NFL would have this figured out by now, as old as it is. I always have, and always will hate how NFL games are decided in OT situations. It shouldn't be decided by a fucking coin flip. Obviously, the teams are evenly matched enough to make it to OT to begin with. A coin flip is a chickenshit way to decide the game. I've been hollering for years, that it needs be the same as the NCAA. Last night's game just brought it back to the forefront of my mind.
I'll read the article later, but if I hear him praise his offensive line one more time, I'm going to fucking scream. Offensive line from 2003-2005 was very good, but this lineup is fucking horrible. Collin County Community College rejects, bascially. He's the most sacked quarterback for two reasons and his o-line accounts for about 1.75 of those 2 reasons.

post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 09:04 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
I'll read the article later, but if I hear him praise his offensive line one more time, I'm going to fucking scream. Offensive line from 2003-2005 was very good, but this lineup is fucking horrible. Collin County Community College rejects, bascially. He's the most sacked quarterback for two reasons and his o-line accounts for about 1.75 of those 2 reasons.
ok man he holds the ball forever, because his line gives him about 3.5 secs to find a target that is more than 90% of other qbs get. he holds the ball toooooo long

post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
Romo or Roethlisberger. Who would you rather have on your team?
What does that have to do with anything...he's just "adequate".

post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 09:48 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
I don't think a QB with a record of 59-22 can hardly be called adequate. He's MUCH better than Romo.
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
I don't think a QB with a record of 59-22 can hardly be called adequate. He's MUCH better than Romo.
Romo has a higher career completion ratio, higher career QB rating, and higher percentage of TD's and lower percentage of INT's...Each have a Pro Bowl each. Rothlebcbear has a better team around him, so I'd just call him "adequate".

post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Romo has a higher career completion ratio, higher career QB rating, and higher percentage of TD's and lower percentage of INT's...Each have a Pro Bowl each. Rothlebcbear has a better team around him, so I'd just call him "adequate".
Maybe this year but what year was it that the chokeboys had 13 pro bowlers? I don't think the steelers has had 13 pro bowlers in the past 10 years. Romo has had alot of talent around him. He fucking sucks. The cowboys will do nothing with him.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
post #11 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 10:15 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Remind me again which of them have a Super Bowl ring? Oh, that's right. Romo can't even deliever in the first round of the playoffs. LOL, gimme a break.
post #12 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Remind me again which of them have a Super Bowl ring? Oh, that's right. Romo can't even deliever in the first round of the playoffs. LOL, gimme a break.
I was asked a question and answered it. I backed it up with numbers. It's just my opinion. Is it OK if I have one? Are you the board football guru?

post #13 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
Maybe this year but what year was it that the chokeboys had 13 pro bowlers? I don't think the steelers has had 13 pro bowlers in the past 10 years. Romo has had alot of talent around him. He fucking sucks. The cowboys will do nothing with him.
Hey man, I posted numbers. Do with them what you like. I said Rothlezxbzxv was "adequate"...that's it.

post #14 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I was asked a question and answered it. I backed it up with numbers. It's just my opinion. Is it OK if I have one? Are you the board football guru?
And all they are numbers. Who has the rings? Hell who has the playoffs wins. I think those are more important numbers.

post #15 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 10:29 PM
Lifer

Quote:
And all they are numbers. Who has the rings? Hell who has the playoffs wins. I think those are more important numbers.
Dickhead...Geor posed a simple question to me after I said Rothzncxvx was "adequate". I didn't say Romo was better, did I? His stats are better, which I pointed out. No more, no less. Your hatred of him really is unbecoming of you...you need to move on.

post #16 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 10:32 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Of course you are allowed. I'm not bickering just discussing.

My comment was more how is a guy who is 59-22 playing in the top tier of football - "adequate". ANY NFL player is a damn good football player, just some are better than others. I'm really not a huge Cowboy hater, I just like giving die hards a hard time cuz it's funny. But in my opinion, Romo is not better than Big Ben who is amazing under pressure to where Romo falls apart and can't deliever when he needs to.
post #17 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 10:34 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Of course you are allowed. I'm not bickering just discussing.

My comment was more how is a guy who is 59-22 playing in the top tier of football - "adequate". ANY NFL player is a damn good football player, just some are better than others. I'm really not a huge Cowboy hater, I just like giving die hards a hard time cuz it's funny. But in my opinion, Romo is not better than Big Ben who is amazing under pressure to where Romo falls apart and can't deliever when he needs to.
If they switched teams, would the Cowboys be better? I don't think so.

post #18 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 10:36 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
If they switched teams, would the Cowboys be better? I don't think so.
Hmmmm, now that's a good question.
post #19 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Dickhead...Geor posed a simple question to me after I said Rothzncxvx was "adequate". I didn't say Romo was better, did I? His stats are better, which I pointed out. No more, no less. Your hatred of him really is unbecoming of you...you need to move on.
Name calling is really uncalled for. I just don't see Romo being nothing in this league. So what if he puts up good numbers. It's nothing if he can't win big games. I much rather have Ben as a QB.

post #20 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Hmmmm, now that's a good question.
I'm not saying Romo would help the Steelers, but think about the difference in mobility in those two, along with those passing numbers...

post #21 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I'm not saying Romo would help the Steelers, but think about the difference in mobility in those two, along with those passing numbers...
Before TO left I thought Romo has better talent around him.

post #22 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 10:46 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
LOL, I don't think Big Ben knows he's allowed to leave the pocket. So the mobilty factor definetely goes to Romo on that one. But, then again, if Romo had the front line Big Ben does, maybe he'd stay in the pocket too.
post #23 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Before TO left I thought Romo has better talent around him.
Maybe, but I'd damn sure rather have the Steelers defense. You wouldn't need as much offense.

post #24 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Maybe, but I'd damn sure rather have the Steelers defense. You wouldn't need as much offense.
Honestly I don't see why they traded TO. I mean TO on one side, R. Williams on the other, P. Crayton or A. Miles in slot, and J. Whitten. And the three RB's. Come on how can you not out score every team?

post #25 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Lifer

Quote:
LOL, I don't think Big Ben knows he's allowed to leave the pocket. So the mobilty factor definetely goes to Romo on that one. But, then again, if Romo had the front line Big Ben does, maybe he'd stay in the pocket too.
Romo might scramble just out of necessity (or survival), but I would like to see what he could do with good protection. I think the Steelers give Rothlbzvxbzv more time in the pocket. Hell, I'd bet there's almost a dozen QB's in the league that are better than Rothlbcxvc, all things considered.

post #26 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 10:56 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Honestly I don't see why they traded TO. I mean TO on one side, R. Williams on the other, P. Crayton or A. Miles in slot, and J. Whitten. And the three RB's. Come on how can you not out score every team?
TO disappointed me. Besides the prima donna crap, he dropped way too many easy balls. They probably should have kept him one more year, but it may have been a money thing, too.

post #27 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 10:57 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
super bowl rings mean jack shit, look at the past winners, doug williams, that guy for the bears, who ever was qb'ing the ravens, TB, etc... there is a long list of below avg qb that have rings and a longer list of great qb's that haven't.

post #28 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 10:57 PM
Lifer

Quote:
TO disappointed me. Besides the prima donna crap, he dropped way too many easy balls. They probably should have kept him one more year, but it may have been a money thing, too.
So what he drop balls. Did you know the time he was in Dallas he caught more TD passes then anyone else. Even more then Randy Moss. I think he helped the cowboys more then he hurt them. But hey that's another dumbass Jerry Jones move.

post #29 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 10:58 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Romo might scramble just out of necessity (or survival), but I would like to see what he could do with good protection. I think the Steelers give Rothlbzvxbzv more time in the pocket. Hell, I'd bet there's almost a dozen QB's in the league that are better than Rothlbcxvc, all things considered.
I was a big fan of Byron Leftwich when he was in college. I always thought he would do great things in the NFL, but he never really seemed to do anything. But I liked his style. A gun for an arm and balls of steel. Seeing his team carrying him to the huddle was awesome to watch. Such heart to play! Wish more had it.
post #30 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
super bowl rings mean jack shit, look at the past winners, doug williams, that guy for the bears, who ever was qb'ing the ravens, TB, etc... there is a long list of below avg qb that have rings and a longer list of great qb's that haven't.
Since you are a razorback fan maybe you have to read slower to see what we are talking about. We are argueing between Big Ben and Romo. Not all the avg qb's that have won super bowls. I wish I can do something like a pop up book for you to understand.

Last edited by Badass2000gt; 09-11-2009 at 11:04 PM.
post #31 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 11:04 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Since you are a razorback fan maybe you have to read slower to see what we are talking about. We are argueing between Big Ben and Romo. Not all the avg qb's that have won super bowls. I wish I can do a something like a pop up book for you to understand.
LMAO at "pop up book"!

post #32 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 11:06 PM
Lifer

Quote:
So what he drop balls. Did you know the time he was in Dallas he caught more TD passes then anyone else. Even more then Randy Moss. I think he helped the cowboys more then he hurt them. But hey that's another dumbass Jerry Jones move.
He helped them for sure. He also did some crazy shit, too. The "suicide attempt" that wasn't (?), him crying for his QB at the press conference, etc. Every once in a while, he was off the chain.

post #33 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Lifer

Quote:
He helped them for sure. He also did some crazy shit, too. The "suicide attempt" that wasn't (?), him crying for his QB at the press conference, etc. Every once in a while, he was off the chain.
The press conference thing made me had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard.

post #34 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 11:08 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Since you are a razorback fan maybe you have to read slower to see what we are talking about. We are argueing between Big Ben and Romo. Not all the avg qb's that have won super bowls. I wish I can do something like a pop up book for you to understand.
but you brought in superbowl wins as a means to measure which one is greater, so to show you that was a bad way to determine which is better i shot down your theory. I wish I could get the UT fans to use logic, I know it escapes them, since most still believe VY is a great QB.

post #35 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 11:10 PM
Lifer

Quote:
but you brought in superbowl wins as a means to measure which one is greater, so to show you that was a bad way to determine which is better i shot down your theory. I wish I could get the UT fans to use logic, I know it escapes them, since most still believe VY is a great QB.
VY is a great COLLEGE QB and a shitty NFL QB. I hope he proves me wrong though.

post #36 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Lifer

Quote:
VVY was a great "athlete". If you could dig out the posts', I always thought they would make him a receiver. He was never great in the pocket, but when he got out, he was very dangerous...just ask USC.

post #37 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 03:08 AM
SVT God

Lets give Tony Turnover a break. This is his year and he has got to step up. Look at Peyton Manning. The Colts fan wanted him long gone before he won the Super Bowl.

2010 Chevy Equinox
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 - RC 3" lift, 31" Duratracs
post #38 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 07:15 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Lets give Tony Turnover a break. This is his year and he has got to step up. Look at Peyton Manning. The Colts fan wanted him long gone before he won the Super Bowl.
I was a Romo fan, and still a supporter, but it's time for him to get something done. My son-in-laws parents went to camp this year to watch the team practice, and they came back unimpressed with what they saw in Romo. He was the last to get to the field, and the first to leave. They watched Aikman at camp in the '90's and said there was a huge difference in their work ethic (from what they could tell over a few days). Aikman was at the field with his receivers early, and stayed to throw/run patterns afterwards. We'll see.

post #39 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Wow. You can stop posting.

post #40 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Name calling is really uncalled for. I just don't see Romo being nothing in this league. So what if he puts up good numbers. It's nothing if he can't win big games. I much rather have Ben as a QB.
I missed this post...you're right-I lost my head. There's only a few on this board that cause me to stoop that low.

post #41 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Wow. You all took this in a completely different direction than it was supposed to go. This isn't about who's better. Booger is a bus driver. Nothing more, nothing less. He's a bus driver. Gets the ball where it needs to go, but is boring as fuck to watch play.

This is about offenses taking credit when it's not due to them. Big Ben sure didn't hesitate. Booger didn't do a fucking thing to win that game. Not one. But he sure was quick to take credit for it. I blame the media just as much. They should have grabbed a few of the D players, not Booger and Ward.
post #42 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 10:20 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Wow. You all took this in a completely different direction than it was supposed to go. This isn't about who's better. Booger is a bus driver. Nothing more, nothing less. He's a bus driver. Gets the ball where it needs to go, but is boring as fuck to watch play.

This is about offenses taking credit when it's not due to them. Big Ben sure didn't hesitate. Booger didn't do a fucking thing to win that game. Not one. But he sure was quick to take credit for it. I blame the media just as much. They should have grabbed a few of the D players, not Booger and Ward.
Blame it on Geor.

post #43 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Lifer

Quote:

Don't you think QB's generally get too much credit for a win, and too much blame for a loss? I liken it to big league pitchers...they can suck and still win if their team gives them enough run production. They can also pitch one helluva game and take a 1-0 loss. Just an observation...

post #44 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Don't you think QB's generally get too much credit for a win, and too much blame for a loss? I liken it to big league pitchers...they can suck and still win if their team gives them enough run production. They can also pitch one helluva game and take a 1-0 loss. Just an observation...
Can't a RB do the samething by helping out the QB if the QB sucks.

post #45 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Can't a RB do the samething by helping out the QB if the QB sucks.
ONLY if the OC isn't a jackass. See: Jason Garrett Playbook 2008
post #46 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 10:48 AM
T-MINUS

Rapinberger does know how to win a playoff game though.

Make Romo should start assaulting women so Dallas can get the Lombardi trophy again?

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #47 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Lifer

Quote:
ONLY if the OC isn't a jackass. See: Jason Garrett Playbook 2008
I know why Jason garrett playbook is mostly passing plays. He is a ex QB. If he was a RB then it would mostly be running plays.

post #48 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Rapinberger does know how to win a playoff game though.

Make Romo should start assaulting women so Dallas can get the Lombardi trophy again?
LMMFAO! I guess everything is a tradeoff!

post #49 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Lifer

Ben had a great game, "adequate QB" or not. You don't throw 363 yards against the Titans secondary.

Quote:
Crayton dropped a perfect pass. When are you retards going to stop putting that pass on Romo?
post #50 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
Ben had a great game, "adequate QB" or not. You don't throw 363 yards against the Titans secondary.

Crayton dropped a perfect pass. When are you retards going to stop putting that pass on Romo?
Steelers had about 30 yards rushing, so he damn sure better throw a lot. Still, 13 points and INT's...he's "adequate".

Sponsored Links
Advertisement