since cowboys pre-season is over - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Robert Galarga

since cowboys pre-season is over

how do you think they will do? Imo their running game is going to be super bad ass!! If they win a playoff game i will be happy as hell!!!!

2004 pontiac gtslow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Texas Rangers #1

My problem with the Cowboys has nothing to do with their roster, I think they have the talent to be a good team, my problem is with the coaching. I just think that with Wade as head coach the Cowboys are doomed to repeat their performance of last year... he just doesn't inspire confidince.

I'm a fan of the Cowboys, after the Dolphins they are my favorite team, really would be nice to see them make the playoffs, but right now I think they are 3rd in the NFC East. I say the are 8-8 or 9-7 at the best.

post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Robert Galarga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_Stang View Post
My problem with the Cowboys has nothing to do with their roster, I think they have the talent to be a good team, my problem is with the coaching. I just think that with Wade as head coach the Cowboys are doomed to repeat their performance of last year... he just doesn't inspire confidince.

I'm a fan of the Cowboys, after the Dolphins they are my favorite team, really would be nice to see them make the playoffs, but right now I think they are 3rd in the NFC East. I say the are 8-8 or 9-7 at the best.
In a lot of ways i agree... but i think dallas would have won 2-3 more games last year if it wasnt due to injuries... c-mon arizona took out Jones, Romo, and mcbriar in one game (all starters and two were pretty important)

2004 pontiac gtslow

post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Robert Galarga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
In a lot of ways i agree... but i think dallas would have won 2-3 more games last year if it wasnt due to injuries... c-mon arizona took out Jones, Romo, and mcbriar in one game (all starters and two were pretty important)
two of them were out for the entire season after that game

2004 pontiac gtslow
post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Texas Rangers #1

Quote:
That's the thing though, Cowboys are pretty shallow on talent after you get past the starters. There are always going to be injuries, you can't game plan arround it, but you always have to churn your roster and try to make sure you have good backups to take over and be competitive.

Also I'm not sold on the Cowboys WR corps, Roy Williams still has a lot to prove to me, and the other guys are unproven. Aside from Witten, the Cowboys don't have anyone that really scares you.

I agree that Barber,Jones,Choice are one of the best (probably second best in the NFC after the Vikings) RB tandemns in the league, but without a balanced attack teams will just stack the line and dare Romo to win the game in the air.

post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Pretty much same team minus Me.O. which could have easily won 12 instead of 9 last year due to injuries and poor special teams play....I 'm going to say the Boys win 10 or 11 games easy this year. They had LONG drives against all pre season first team defenses which is encouraging. They might not be as explosive as last year but I'll take moving the chains more consistently over big plays anyday.
post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Lifer

Quote:
how do you think they will do? Imo their running game is going to be super bad ass!! If they win a playoff game i will be happy as hell!!!!
Hopefully in about 6 weeks this thread will change to:

"since cowboys season is over"
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Time Served

I heard that the first half of their season is easy and gets really tough during the second half. They need to jump ahead from the start and maintain during the tougher games.

post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Lifer

I think the team is going to be more of a "team" than in recent past years. They seemed to be more focused this year than in recent past years, which goes a long way in game planning and focus on the field.

I do think they are thin on the offensive line, which is a huge no no in the nfl.

I fear we are going to start to go into a steady decline if our drafts start to suck ass. The last draft wasn't very promising.
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 11:52 AM
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
I think the team is going to be more of a "team" than in recent past years. They seemed to be more focused this year than in recent past years, which goes a long way in game planning and focus on the field.

I do think they are thin on the offensive line, which is a huge no no in the nfl.

I fear we are going to start to go into a steady decline if our drafts start to suck ass. The last draft wasn't very promising.
I also think that .

I think Garret is too fucking predictable also. I do not think he used the good offense we had last year

MILK
post #11 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 04:04 PM
2-7 and still a fan!

In before the fucking haters

I think barring any injury to key players we will do OK, Ok as in the playoffs OK. As a true fan I go in most years believing this, the last few years we have had a good as chance anyone, but unlike other sports, win and get in, no ties or 7 game series here, so sudden death is appropriate and unfortunate at the same time. The defense is going to have to step it up to get deep into the playoffs and beyond, I think we have more than enough talent at offense to do well...'H'

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexchick View Post
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
post #12 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V View Post
In before the fucking haters

I think barring any injury to key players we will do OK, Ok as in the playoffs OK. As a true fan I go in most years believing this, the last few years we have had a good as chance anyone, but unlike other sports, win and get in, no ties or 7 game series here, so sudden death is appropriate and unfortunate at the same time. The defense is going to have to step it up to get deep into the playoffs and beyond, I think we have more than enough talent at offense to do well...'H'
Avery'sdad already came in and shit on the cowboys.

I agree, we have a chance, like the last 2 or 3 seasons, but I am not sure I have alot of confidence in our defense.
post #13 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Resident Epicurean

I'm going to say the same things I said last year.

--Receiving corps needs to step it up. The only difference here between this year and last, is that this year my comments apply to #11 as well. Crayton had an ok year last year, but if he wants to stay here, he needs to establish himself as a solid #2. Right now, he's a mediocre #3 on virtually any team other than the Raiders.

-- Injuries are key, as displayed by my beloved Sooners. Here's to hoping everyone can stay healthy, because this team just doesn't have the depth to handle injuries. They've got a bunch of overpaid, underachieving players. Earn your salary, or get the fuck out of town.

-- For the love of God, Jason Garrett, 3rd and 1 and 3rd and 2 a RUNNING downs. You've got one of the most punishing backs in the league. RUN IT DOWN THEIR GODDAMNED THROATS. The next time I see a call for a downfield pass on 3rd and short, I'm calling for your fucking head on a platter, you dumbass. I screamed this all season, but nobody else (talking heads included) caught on until the season was over.

-- 10-6 is my feel good number for this season. I'd rate them higher, after seeing the rest of the conference play this pre-season, because I don't think it's going to be as tight as everyone has been saying it will be. Sure, it looks tough by looking at everyone's upgrades/losses in the offseason. But it sure didn't translate to good play during the preseason. But, I still stick with 10-6. My reasoning, is that there is a lot of 'new' on this team. Not necessarily gree, but new. They're having to learn to play as a team again. Not an easy feat for anyone.

--I still haven't seen a full list of cuts they made over the weekend. That fucking retard Brown better not be on there, though. Assholes.

--Also still looking to see what spots they fill. Most reports I read said the Cowboys cut to 52, to pick up a CB. However, a friend is insisten that they cut to 48, but can't provide any proof of this.
post #14 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Avery'sdad already came in and shit on the cowboys.
LOL. Actually I would like it if they made the playoffs. Especially if they got to the end of the game and somehow Romo choked away the game in such a way as to bring tears to the eyes of their fans. That would be the ultimate season.
post #15 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
I'm going to say the same things I said last year.

--Receiving corps needs to step it up. The only difference here between this year and last, is that this year my comments apply to #11 as well. Crayton had an ok year last year, but if he wants to stay here, he needs to establish himself as a solid #2. Right now, he's a mediocre #3 on virtually any team other than the Raiders.

-- Injuries are key, as displayed by my beloved Sooners. Here's to hoping everyone can stay healthy, because this team just doesn't have the depth to handle injuries. They've got a bunch of overpaid, underachieving players. Earn your salary, or get the fuck out of town.

-- For the love of God, Jason Garrett, 3rd and 1 and 3rd and 2 a RUNNING downs. You've got one of the most punishing backs in the league. RUN IT DOWN THEIR GODDAMNED THROATS. The next time I see a call for a downfield pass on 3rd and short, I'm calling for your fucking head on a platter, you dumbass. I screamed this all season, but nobody else (talking heads included) caught on until the season was over.

-- 10-6 is my feel good number for this season. I'd rate them higher, after seeing the rest of the conference play this pre-season, because I don't think it's going to be as tight as everyone has been saying it will be. Sure, it looks tough by looking at everyone's upgrades/losses in the offseason. But it sure didn't translate to good play during the preseason. But, I still stick with 10-6. My reasoning, is that there is a lot of 'new' on this team. Not necessarily gree, but new. They're having to learn to play as a team again. Not an easy feat for anyone.

--I still haven't seen a full list of cuts they made over the weekend. That fucking retard Brown better not be on there, though. Assholes.

--Also still looking to see what spots they fill. Most reports I read said the Cowboys cut to 52, to pick up a CB. However, a friend is insisten that they cut to 48, but can't provide any proof of this.

All good and valid points. Brown was cut, you can be happy for now.
post #16 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 04:24 PM
2-7 and still a fan!

I agree with most of what you said Brent, except for 10-6, I'm calling 11-5 but 9-7 and squeaking in with wild card wouldn't suprise me, you know everyone has to beat America's team, it's like they all give 1000% to beat the Boy's..."Henry

BTW we did let that clown Brown go, haha!

Quote:
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
post #17 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 04:24 PM
2-7 and still a fan!

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery'sDad View Post
LOL. Actually I would like it if they made the playoffs. Especially if they got to the end of the game and somehow Romo choked away the game in such a way as to bring tears to the eyes of their fans. That would be the ultimate season.
ASSHOLE!!!!

Quote:
Quote:
post #18 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery'sDad View Post
post #19 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Yeah, I googled it right after making that post.

http://dallascowboysnation.com/2009/...nal-cuts-made/ For those that haven't seen the complete list.....

Oh, yeah. Adios, motherfucker! <--Directed to that waste of space Stanback.
post #20 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_Stang View Post

I completely agree, Wade is not the right coach for the boys. I think the running game looks great. The Wide receivers look ok. I felt they shouldnt have gotten rid of TO but thats IMO. The defense looks good as usual. And Romo looked good. They do need another back up QB.

1967 Camaro SS/RS
post #21 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Lifer

Romo gets hurt the first game, kitna comes in and cowboys will go 2-14.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
post #22 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 03:08 PM
Lifer

10-6
post #23 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
Romo gets hurt the first game, kitna comes in and cowboys will go 2-14.
And what is your favorite team. Since you like to bash on ours, how about making it a fair game and let us know yours.
post #24 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 03:10 PM
Lifer

Quote:
And what is your favorite team. Since you like to bash on ours, how about making it a fair game and let us know yours.
since you are new you wouldn't know. I'm a huge Peyton Manning fan so my team is the Colts. I have been a colts fan since Manning got there but once he retires I won't be a colts fan. Just a Manning fan.

post #25 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Lifer

Well I am a Manning fan too, but I can tell you that team isn't going to do any better than the Cowboys.
post #26 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Well I am a Manning fan too, but I can tell you that team isn't going to do any better than the Cowboys.
Yeah they will. They will win their division. And they have a better chance of doing something in the playoffs.

post #27 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 03:25 PM
WTF is Zed?

The Cowboys will never win shit with Romo as quarterback.
post #28 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Yeah they will. They will win their division. And they have a better chance of doing something in the playoffs.
I don't think so. New coach, Bob Sanders is hurt, Manning has to adjust not having Harrison. And the Texans, Titans, and Jags will be tough competition.
post #29 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Lifer

bob sanders is hurt but they got melvin bullet and jacob lacey.... naaman forest high school all stars!! Garland ftw!
post #30 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I don't think so. New coach, Bob Sanders is hurt, Manning has to adjust not having Harrison. And the Texans, Titans, and Jags will be tough competition.
The Jags are shit or the Texans. The titans is the only team that will give them a challenge. And do you really think the new coach will run the offense. Manning will take care of that. And Bob Sanders is always hurt. yeah he helps whenever he does play but hell they always find a way to win without him.

post #31 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Lifer

Quote:
The Jags are shit or the Texans. The titans is the only team that will give them a challenge. And do you really think the new coach will run the offense. Manning will take care of that. And Bob Sanders is always hurt. yeah he helps whenever he does play but hell they always find a way to win without him.
If you really think losing Tony Dungy isn't going to affect that team, you are sadly mistaken. Their whole phsyche is going to change. Besides, that team is getting older, and older. It is getting close to an overhaul.
post #32 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Lifer

Quote:
If you really think losing Tony Dungy isn't going to affect that team, you are sadly mistaken. Their whole phsyche is going to change. Besides, that team is getting older, and older. It is getting close to an overhaul.
Yeah I know the end of the P. Manning era is coming to a end. And I know the lost of Tony Dungy is going to affect the team alot but I figure Manning should have the team under control. I think he a true leader plus D. Freeney or Brackett on defense should have the defense under control. I hope Manning wins another super bowl before he retires. He deserve another one. Been very close a few times.

post #33 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
lmao.

The Texans are most certainly, not shit. They've got a solid ass TE, One of the top 5 receivers in the league, Kevin Walter is no slouch, and Schaub is pretty consistent. They need a secondary like no other, but looking past teams like Houston is a huuuuuuge mistake.
post #34 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Lifer

Quote:
lmao.

The Texans are most certainly, not shit. They've got a solid ass TE, One of the top 5 receivers in the league, Kevin Walter is no slouch, and Schaub is pretty consistent. They need a secondary like no other, but looking past teams like Houston is a huuuuuuge mistake.
Texans won't do shit this year. They won't beat the Colts cause of that secondary. Manning will probably throw 400 plus yards against them. I'm really not worry about the lost of Harrison cause they didn't use him that much last year. I still think Gonzalez will have a huge year.

post #35 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Nobody

Quote:
lmao.

You forgot Mario Williams. And Andre was the Top receiver last year. If Schaub can stay healthy, we have a good shot at 10-6.

<--------------Texans fan. Home team since Oilers/Titans are gone.

New Project 1964 C10 350/700r4
post #36 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWho? View Post
You forgot Mario Williams. And Andre was the Top receiver last year. If Schaub can stay healthy, we have a good shot at 10-6.

<--------------Texans fan. Home team since Oilers/Titans are gone.
I don't blame you. I like the Texans as well. With that roster, and following them closely last year, it's hard not to.
post #37 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
I still think Gonzalez will have a huge year.
You could be right. However, when I was looking in to picking him up in my FFL, I started running across stories stating that Manning has no confidence in Gonzalez. By all rights, with Harrison gone, he should be #2. But everything I read, stated Manning has no confidence in him, and would be looking for Clark to fill #2 because of their chemistry.
post #38 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 12:50 PM
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS

Quote:
I agree with most of what you said Brent, except for 10-6, I'm calling 11-5 but 9-7 and squeaking in with wild card wouldn't suprise me, you know everyone has to beat America's team, it's like they all give 1000% to beat the Boy's..."Henry

Aint that the fucking truth. Its like these teams are playing in the superbowl when they play the Boys.

MILK
post #39 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 01:24 AM
Lifer

Quote:
lmao.

You still think the Texans will give the colts trouble in their division? LMAO!!!!

post #40 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 05:28 AM
not exclude

Quote:
You still think the Texans will give the colts trouble in their division? LMAO!!!!
Did you watch the game? It came down to a missed FG. 20-17, I'd say that's giving them a little trouble and makes the exact point he made.
post #41 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 06:03 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Obviously you're not as big of a Colts fan as you think you are. Every time Houston and Indy play each other, Houston gives Indy problems. Yesterday was no exception.

post #42 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 08:19 AM
Nobody

Quote:
Way to bring up a two month old post and still come out looking like a dumbass.

New Project 1964 C10 350/700r4
post #43 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Lifer

Honestly, how the hell do people remember these threads from 2 months ago??? Are you taking notes on a little notepad titled, "Old shit needing to be brought up when I think I am right, but I am really wrong."??
post #44 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:

He is the village idiot in in the sports section..
post #45 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Resident Epicurean

LMGDAO!

Really, Jeff? Indy had nothing to do with that missed field goal. They lucked out.

Indy has beat ONE team with a winning record. That's not a whole lot to brag about there, buddy.
post #46 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 08:26 AM
Lifer

Quote:
LMGDAO!

Really, Jeff? Indy had nothing to do with that missed field goal. They lucked out.

Indy has beat ONE team with a winning record. That's not a whole lot to brag about there, buddy.
Well fuck it's not there fault who setup their schedule. But being 8-0 in this league and having a 4 game lead in their division is pretty impressive. I just don't want to catch the chargers in the playoffs this year.

post #47 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 08:27 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
Obviously you're not as big of a Colts fan as you think you are. Every time Houston and Indy play each other, Houston gives Indy problems. Yesterday was no exception.
That's why the colts and Manning is 13-1 against the Texans but yeah they give them trouble.

post #48 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 08:28 AM
Lifer

Quote:
And who are you bitch ass? Oh yeah a nobody so your post means jack shit to me.

post #49 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 08:30 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Honestly, how the hell do people remember these threads from 2 months ago??? Are you taking notes on a little notepad titled, "Old shit needing to be brought up when I think I am right, but I am really wrong."??
How am I wrong? I just remember Bcoop saying the Texans will give the colts a run in their division. Doesn't look like it. I just brought this back up cause I said the Texans aren't shit and I was right. The colts has a four game lead in their division over the Texans who stand in second place.

post #50 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 08:41 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
That's why the colts and Manning is 13-1 against the Texans but yeah they give them trouble.
Every game is a close game, you tool. That's called giving them trouble. An elite team against a poor/up and coming team should trample them year in and year out, but they don't.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement