BYU 14 - Oklahoma 13!!! - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 398
BYU 14 - Oklahoma 13!!!

Its over.
#20 BYU has beaten #3 Oklahoma.

Any statements or opinions????

As long as Texas stays healthy, I don't see Oklahoma beating Texas in October.

Texas on the road to Pasadena, CA( as long as they stay healthy and the front seven can duplicate last yrs front seven)

Last edited by WhoaTX5.0; 09-05-2009 at 09:37 PM.
WhoaTX5.0 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
You better not have jinx Texas for saying that or I will hunt your ass down.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #3 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:09 PM
Genetically Blessed
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: An Investment Bank
Posts: 13,733
Lmao, how many days off from this forum do the OU lovers take this time?
slow99 is offline  
 
post #4 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
Lmao, how many days off from this forum do the OU lovers take this time?
They will post tonight but they will say they lost cause Bradford got hurt.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #5 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: ft worth
Posts: 251
ah... Big 12 "powerhouse" greatness...

"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy." Winston Churchill
razrbak is offline  
post #6 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
They will post tonight but they will say they lost cause Bradford got hurt.
OU wasn't moving the ball that well, even with Bradford. OU's defense couldn't stop BYU at the end.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #7 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by razrbak View Post
ah... Big 12 "powerhouse" greatness...
Another Hog? You can talk when the stench leaves Arkansas...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #8 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Crandall
Posts: 935
lmfao
1bad306 is offline  
post #9 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
OU wasn't moving the ball that well, even with Bradford. OU's defense couldn't stop BYU at the end.
I know that but I know how these dumbass OU fans would think. Oh and for the OU fans, OU is overrated.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #10 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!
 
Juiceweezl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 2V-ville
Posts: 3,675
Zero U sucked it up tonight with and without Bradford. That O-line better get a lot better, or it will be a long season. Likewise, if that D doesn't shore up, Texas may hang 60 and 600 on them. They looked terrible. I love it!!!

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
Juiceweezl is offline  
post #11 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Man I can't wait to here from the two OU bitches on here. Bcoop and Gay Studly.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #12 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl View Post
Zero U sucked it up tonight with and without Bradford. That O-line better get a lot better, or it will be a long season. Likewise, if that D doesn't shore up, Texas may hang 60 and 600 on them. They looked terrible. I love it!!!
That's the reason Bradford got hurt. They got to him a few times, and it looked like they had some trouble protecting him. I can see teams pinning their ears back and going after whoever is back there.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #13 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!
 
Juiceweezl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 2V-ville
Posts: 3,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
That's the reason Bradford got hurt. They got to him a few times, and it looked like they had some trouble protecting him. I can see teams pinning their ears back and going after whoever is back there.
I work with several Sooner fans (not the obnoxious type either surprisingly). They have been saying they O-line was going to be fine, but I kept telling them that if I were the DC, I'd pin my ears back and hit him every chance I got. That line looked terrible. Bradford doesn't do well against pressure at all. If he gets time in the pocket, he's the best in the country. Hit him a few times or flush him out, he's average at best.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
Juiceweezl is offline  
post #14 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:22 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl View Post
Zero U sucked it up tonight with and without Bradford. That O-line better get a lot better, or it will be a long season. Likewise, if that D doesn't shore up, Texas may hang 60 and 600 on them. They looked terrible. I love it!!!
ok the D is pretty good, BYU is no joke on offense. you better hope UT can hang 35 on them, if their D stays healthy it might be just like last year in the 1st half before that LB got hurt. UT wasn't moving the ball for shit, till he went down. and he looked pretty good today.

Cartman is offline  
post #15 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: ft worth
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Another Hog? You can talk when the stench leaves Arkansas...
Yeah, we usually suck, no doubt... but do recall handing OU and UT a fair share of whippings over the decades... and very clearly remember Florida (SEC) owning the Big 12's front runner last year for the nat'l championship... again.

"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy." Winston Churchill
razrbak is offline  
post #16 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!
 
Juiceweezl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 2V-ville
Posts: 3,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
ok the D is pretty good, BYU is no joke on offense. you better hope UT can hang 35 on them, if their D stays healthy it might be just like last year in the 1st half before that LB got hurt. UT wasn't moving the ball for shit, till he went down. and he looked pretty good today.
That D was porous big time tonight. If you don't think McCoy and company would pick that thing to shreds, then you've had way too much to drink tonight. I think they'll get better, but they looked plain awful tonight. BYU's offense is nowhere near the level of UT weapon wise.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
Juiceweezl is offline  
post #17 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!
 
Juiceweezl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 2V-ville
Posts: 3,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by razrbak View Post
Yeah, we usually suck, no doubt... but do recall handing OU and UT a fair share of whippings over the decades... and very clearly remember Florida (SEC) owning the Big 12's front runner last year for the nat'l championship... again.
That word doesn't belong in the sentence. Otherwise, nice post.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
Juiceweezl is offline  
post #18 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by razrbak View Post
Yeah, we usually suck, no doubt... but do recall handing OU and UT a fair share of whippings over the decades... and very clearly remember Florida (SEC) owning the Big 12's front runner last year for the nat'l championship... again.
The 'Hog's ain't Florida, and it's been a loooooooong time since (Southwest Conference?) Arkansas has been in the hunt.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #19 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:26 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by razrbak View Post
Yeah, we usually suck, no doubt... but do recall handing OU and UT a fair share of whippings over the decades... and very clearly remember Florida (SEC) owning the Big 12's front runner last year for the nat'l championship... again.
Dude get the fuck out of here with that shit. Maybe if the real big 12 contender went to the national championship it would've had a different outcome.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #20 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Hunt James for President
 
openroadracer3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Land of Gar
Posts: 4,779
my 14 y.o. son is an OU fan and like he just said; in college football it's always better to lose earlier than later in the year. and then he said (which made perfect sense) is that OU would be 1-0 right now had they played a high school team from north louisiana instead of top 20 team.

i myself didn't want to see OU and/or Texas lose before the texas - OU shootout so they'd both be undefeated going in. so as a fan of that game it kind of sucks; even if texas had lost today or any game leading up to it.

95 Rio Red Cobra#3881
http://obamaclock.org
openroadracer3 is offline  
post #21 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: ft worth
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
The 'Hog's ain't Florida, and it's been a loooooooong time since (Southwest Conference?) Arkansas has been in the hunt.
Think we kicked the crap out of UT the las time we saw each other in a bowl game.., Cotton Bowl '00- 27 to err ahhh 6, if I'm not mistaken.

"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy." Winston Churchill
razrbak is offline  
post #22 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by openroadracer3 View Post
my 14 y.o. son is an OU fan and like he just said; in college football it's always better to lose earlier than later in the year. and then he said (which made perfect sense) is that OU would be 1-0 right now had they played a high school team from north louisiana instead of top 20 team.

i myself didn't want to see OU and/or Texas lose before the texas - OU shootout so they'd both be undefeated going in. so as a fan of that game it kind of sucks; even if texas had lost today or any game leading up to it.
But now OU has to run the table to have a shot at the national championship or a BCS spot. I don't see that happening.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #23 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by razrbak View Post
Think we kicked the crap out of UT the las time we saw each other in a bowl game.., Cotton Bowl '00- 27 to err ahhh 6, if I'm not mistaken.
Keep living in the past kid. Why don't you go back to lurking, you're good at that.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #24 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by razrbak View Post
Think we kicked the crap out of UT the las time we saw each other in a bowl game.., Cotton Bowl '00- 27 to err ahhh 6, if I'm not mistaken.
9 years ago? Unless you're an oak tree, that's been quite a while. I hope that's not your "claim to fame"...

edit- That was the '99 season.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #25 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Hunt James for President
 
openroadracer3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Land of Gar
Posts: 4,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
But now OU has to run the table to have a shot at the national championship or a BCS spot. I don't see that happening.
yep, that's going to be real tough and i don't see it happening either. especially if the O line keeps taking stupid penalties.

95 Rio Red Cobra#3881
http://obamaclock.org
openroadracer3 is offline  
post #26 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:32 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by openroadracer3 View Post
yep, that's going to be real tough and i don't see it happening either. especially if the O line keeps taking stupid penalties.
And even when Bradford is back he hurt his throwing arm. He will not be the same this year.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #27 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by openroadracer3 View Post
my 14 y.o. son is an OU fan and like he just said; in college football it's always better to lose earlier than later in the year. and then he said (which made perfect sense) is that OU would be 1-0 right now had they played a high school team from north louisiana instead of top 20 team.

i myself didn't want to see OU and/or Texas lose before the texas - OU shootout so they'd both be undefeated going in. so as a fan of that game it kind of sucks; even if texas had lost today or any game leading up to it.
Tell your son,"tough shit". Sour grapes is sour grapes, whether your 14 or 40...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #28 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: ft worth
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
Keep living in the past kid. Why don't you go back to lurking, you're good at that.
Kid? wow, I'm 39... kid! Lurking? guess your not aloud to make comment until you've made over 9000 posts... kid.

"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy." Winston Churchill
razrbak is offline  
post #29 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
You better not have jinx Texas for saying that or I will hunt your ass down.
LOL.

I hear ya, but dont think I have that problem.
Can't wait til the Red river shootout
WhoaTX5.0 is offline  
post #30 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: ft worth
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
9 years ago? Unless you're an oak tree, that's been quite a while. I hope that's not your "claim to fame"...

edit- That was the '99 season.
Like I said, we suck. I like your sig btw.

"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy." Winston Churchill
razrbak is offline  
post #31 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 10:02 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl View Post
That D was porous big time tonight. If you don't think McCoy and company would pick that thing to shreds, then you've had way too much to drink tonight. I think they'll get better, but they looked plain awful tonight. BYU's offense is nowhere near the level of UT weapon wise.
so glad you are back, you are the biggest homer, since svtvenom and hookem left this site, OU held one of the best offenses to 14 points hell UT couldn't hold Louisiana monroe to 14 and they are nowhere near the level of BYU. If I were you I would worry more about UT D coming around than thinking OU D is a joke. I don't like OU but to call that D a joke is insulting to anybody that claims they know anything about football.

Cartman is offline  
post #32 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!
 
Juiceweezl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 2V-ville
Posts: 3,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
so glad you are back, you are the biggest homer, since svtvenom and hookem left this site, OU held one of the best offenses to 14 points hell UT couldn't hold Louisiana monroe to 14 and they are nowhere near the level of BYU. If I were you I would worry more about UT D coming around than thinking OU D is a joke. I don't like OU but to call that D a joke is insulting to anybody that claims they know anything about football.
I've never left -- it hasn't been football season. Your lack of intelligence never fails to give me a good laugh. Seriously??? Let's see, which string was in for OU the entire game -- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or even the 4th string??? Hmmmm, I wonder which string UT had in in the 4th quarter up about 50 points??? Really, do you even want to make such a comparison??? OU's defense is porous, and it showed tonight when it counted. McCoy is better than the BYU quarterback (Hall I believe), and he will pick them to shreds. He has more talented receivers too. Based on what I saw tonight, there is no reason to believe anything different than what I posted.

Now, go back to being the site's biggest homer. Please continue your bitterness because your team still sucks.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
Juiceweezl is offline  
post #33 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
10 of those points were scored in the 4th quarter against UT's 2nd and 3rd team. Come on now...OU better hope Bradford has a minor sprain (or separation), or they are officially D-O-N-E.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #34 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 10:27 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl View Post
I've never left -- it hasn't been football season. Your lack of intelligence never fails to give me a good laugh. Seriously??? Let's see, which string was in for OU the entire game -- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or even the 4th string??? Hmmmm, I wonder which string UT had in in the 4th quarter up about 50 points??? Really, do you even want to make such a comparison??? OU's defense is porous, and it showed tonight when it counted. McCoy is better than the BYU quarterback (Hall I believe), and he will pick them to shreds. He has more talented receivers too. Based on what I saw tonight, there is no reason to believe anything different than what I posted.

Now, go back to being the site's biggest homer. Please continue your bitterness because your team still sucks.
how am I homer, when I can look at all teams with open eyes, unlike you who can only see things that favor UT. you are almost the same level as venom.

but I will correct my post for you, they allowed 10 points then their 2nd and maybe 3rd team d allowed another 10, still not worth bragging about. You are still the dumbest person posting in the sports forums.

dang it vernut beat me to that post...lol

Cartman is offline  
post #35 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 10:34 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
They will post tonight but they will say they lost cause Bradford got hurt.
Seriously? So what was the excuse a couple years ago when McCoy got hurt against kstate? And then lost to a and m? That was Texas' excuse then or was it not?

With that said, first fuck you you act like a little kid.


Now on to ou. Overrated doesn't begin to describe the team. They played absolutely horrible tonight. Penalties, coaching and the recievers can't catch worth a shit. Losing badford certainly didn't help but it wasn't the reason the lost. Why kevin Wilson decided to establish the running game early especially when that was no where near working. They lost because they are not that good, bottom line. If they play they did tonight they may lose 4 or 5.

I'll be on here everyday you don't worry about that.

Oh and the defense played well enough to get a win. They gave up 14 points to a very good byu offense while Texas gave up how many to ULaMon? OU's offense was just aweful tonight.
stock85 is offline  
post #36 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 10:38 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by stock85 View Post
Seriously? So what was the excuse a couple years ago when McCoy got hurt against kstate? And then lost to a and m? That's was all Texas excuse that.


Oh and the defense played well enough to get a win. They gave up 14 points to a very good byu offense while Texas gave up how many to ULaMon? OU's offense was just aweful tonight.
get out of here with that truth we will have none of it. I say ban this one for doing the unthinkable...lol

Cartman is offline  
post #37 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 10:54 PM
Genetically Blessed
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: An Investment Bank
Posts: 13,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by stock85 View Post
Seriously? So what was the excuse a couple years ago when McCoy got hurt against kstate? And then lost to a and m? That was Texas' excuse then or was it not?

With that said, first fuck you you act like a little kid.


Now on to ou. Overrated doesn't begin to describe the team. They played absolutely horrible tonight. Penalties, coaching and the recievers can't catch worth a shit. Losing badford certainly didn't help but it wasn't the reason the lost. Why kevin Wilson decided to establish the running game early especially when that was no where near working. They lost because they are not that good, bottom line. If they play they did tonight they may lose 4 or 5.

I'll be on here everyday you don't worry about that.

Oh and the defense played well enough to get a win. They gave up 14 points to a very good byu offense while Texas gave up how many to ULaMon? OU's offense was just aweful tonight.
Nice to see you're not a blind follower. OU defense holding a very good BYU offense to that total is pretty good. I didn't watch the game b/c I was at the UT game for most of it. I've heard from a few people who were there that the OU line was playing pretty badly. I don't know that I'm ready to say the OU/UT game is a lock for the horns yet, lol. They played a very poor team tonight. I just hope that the horns can pull that one out, but I imagine it will be a hard fought battle either way. Aside from OU, still slightly worried about the Tech game in 2 weeks, and then the night game in Stillwater against Oklahoma State.
I'm not counting OU out of anything based on one game's performance against a pretty good team.
slow99 is offline  
post #38 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 11:08 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
Nice to see you're not a blind follower. OU defense holding a very good BYU offense to that total is pretty good. I didn't watch the game b/c I was at the UT game for most of it. I've heard from a few people who were there that the OU line was playing pretty badly. I don't know that I'm ready to say the OU/UT game is a lock for the horns yet, lol. They played a very poor team tonight. I just hope that the horns can pull that one out, but I imagine it will be a hard fought battle either way. Aside from OU, still slightly worried about the Tech game in 2 weeks, and then the night game in Stillwater against Oklahoma State.
I'm not counting OU out of anything based on one game's performance against a pretty good team.
Yeah sure I'll get blasted for saying that after one game but I just don't how they can improve on things. Catching the ball can't be relearned. Bradford is sidelined for at least two weeks. The penalties were simply unacceptable but to me it almost seemed like the center was snapping the ball too late and everyone was going but the center. He was the tightend last year so that may be an issue for a while as well. As cliche as it sounds the records don't mean much in the ou/tx game but there's going to need some serious improvement if ou wants to stay within 20.

On a side note my wife is an osu grad so I'll have two chances!!
stock85 is offline  
post #39 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
Nice to see you're not a blind follower. OU defense holding a very good BYU offense to that total is pretty good. I didn't watch the game b/c I was at the UT game for most of it. I've heard from a few people who were there that the OU line was playing pretty badly. I don't know that I'm ready to say the OU/UT game is a lock for the horns yet, lol. They played a very poor team tonight. I just hope that the horns can pull that one out, but I imagine it will be a hard fought battle either way. Aside from OU, still slightly worried about the Tech game in 2 weeks, and then the night game in Stillwater against Oklahoma State.
I'm not counting OU out of anything based on one game's performance against a pretty good team.
This season could be tougher on UT than last year. OSU in Stillwater will be a son-of-a-bitch, especially after seeing their result tonight. I will be at the Tech game this year hoping to see a pay-back ass-whipping. It won't be a cake-walk for UT or OU this year.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #40 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 11:43 PM
Old School
 
TRAXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 4,684
Ouch. OU's line has a thing or two to figure out. I'll bet Bradford is second guessing staying around another year.

http://priceisrightlosinghorn.com/

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently

Last edited by TRAXX; 09-05-2009 at 11:53 PM.
TRAXX is offline  
post #41 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 11:58 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!
 
Juiceweezl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 2V-ville
Posts: 3,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
how am I homer, when I can look at all teams with open eyes, unlike you who can only see things that favor UT. you are almost the same level as venom.

but I will correct my post for you, they allowed 10 points then their 2nd and maybe 3rd team d allowed another 10, still not worth bragging about. You are still the dumbest person posting in the sports forums.

dang it vernut beat me to that post...lol
I'm so dumb that you had to correct your post, huh? You are the one without a clue. You're as big of a homer as there ever was. It's all SEC to you. I see things as they are unlike you. You're one of those that can't admit that UT was a dropped INT away from beating TT and running the table last year against the most difficult schedule in the country. You're one who can't see that Mizzou losing to KU in the snow bowl is what put OU in the MNC, not the loss to TT by UT. You're one who can't admit that UT vs. Florida would've been a game for the ages and impossible to predict one team as a sure winner over the other.

10 points? Are you kidding me? How about the points that Florida gave up to CSU -- 1 AA CSU right? Does that mean the Florida is now one of the worst teams in the country? How about the fact that USC was down 3-0 after 1 quarter? Yeah, they suck too, huh? UT handled their game while OU looked like crap. All of their questions coming into this season remained questions -- their O-line sucks. Their defense failed miserably when it was needed most. They got picked to shreds by BYU on the drive that gave them the lead. That means that stretching back to last season, they have yet to show up when it matters most. How is that seeing things one-sided?

OU didn't deserve to be in the MNC last year over UT. They looked like crap tonight, and based on that, UT will kill them. Arkansas still sucks, and we're headed for a UT vs. Florida MNC -- the same game we should've had last year. Now unless you have facts to state otherwise, go back to calling me a homer out of envy or whatever else excuse you need. We'll all spend the rest of the season laughing at you're moronic posts. I'm sure now you're busy now with fabricating a reason why some other team should be ranked #2 ahead of Texas right now, but you're open-minded though, right?

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
Juiceweezl is offline  
post #42 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 12:03 AM
The Janitor
 
32VfromHell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Sacred Heart Hospital
Posts: 16,424
Mountain West has been an impressive conference over the last couple of years.
32VfromHell is offline  
post #43 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 12:04 AM
Dyno Racing King!!!
 
Juiceweezl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 2V-ville
Posts: 3,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
This season could be tougher on UT than last year. OSU in Stillwater will be a son-of-a-bitch, especially after seeing their result tonight. I will be at the Tech game this year hoping to see a pay-back ass-whipping. It won't be a cake-walk for UT or OU this year.
It'll be tough, but I don't think as tough as last year. That 4 game stretch last year was the toughest I've ever seen -- especially ending in Lubbock (a place where Sooner is 0-2 in their last 2 trips I may add). This season it's OU, then at Mizzou, and then the trip to Stillwater. I don't think Mizzou has anything close to what they had last season, and OU certainly didn't look strong tonight. tOSU's schedule is certainly favorable leading up to that game, but I don't think UT will be caught off guard again. I'm honestly more worried about the trip to Baylor and the trip to ATM at the end of the season. It won't be easy, but I expect UT to get through undefeated. They have a date with Tebow and Co.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
Juiceweezl is offline  
post #44 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 12:08 AM
Dyno Racing King!!!
 
Juiceweezl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 2V-ville
Posts: 3,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by stock85 View Post
Oh and the defense played well enough to get a win. They gave up 14 points to a very good byu offense while Texas gave up how many to ULaMon? OU's offense was just aweful tonight.
You, like Cartman, appear to be overlooking one important fact -- point differential. UT was +39 while OU was -1. A defense surrendering points while milking a 40+ point lead doesn't mean anything. UT was up 45-10 after 3 quarters. That was the impressive showing they were supposed to make. Need I remind you that BYU was so impressive that Vegas made them a 22.5 point dog tonight? LOL OU blows!

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
Juiceweezl is offline  
post #45 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 12:25 AM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl View Post
I'm so dumb that you had to correct your post, huh? You are the one without a clue. You're as big of a homer as there ever was. It's all SEC to you. I see things as they are unlike you. You're one of those that can't admit that UT was a dropped INT away from beating TT and running the table last year against the most difficult schedule in the country. You're one who can't see that Mizzou losing to KU in the snow bowl is what put OU in the MNC, not the loss to TT by UT. You're one who can't admit that UT vs. Florida would've been a game for the ages and impossible to predict one team as a sure winner over the other.

10 points? Are you kidding me? How about the points that Florida gave up to CSU -- 1 AA CSU right? Does that mean the Florida is now one of the worst teams in the country? How about the fact that USC was down 3-0 after 1 quarter? Yeah, they suck too, huh? UT handled their game while OU looked like crap. All of their questions coming into this season remained questions -- their O-line sucks. Their defense failed miserably when it was needed most. They got picked to shreds by BYU on the drive that gave them the lead. That means that stretching back to last season, they have yet to show up when it matters most. How is that seeing things one-sided?

OU didn't deserve to be in the MNC last year over UT. They looked like crap tonight, and based on that, UT will kill them. Arkansas still sucks, and we're headed for a UT vs. Florida MNC -- the same game we should've had last year. Now unless you have facts to state otherwise, go back to calling me a homer out of envy or whatever else excuse you need. We'll all spend the rest of the season laughing at you're moronic posts. I'm sure now you're busy now with fabricating a reason why some other team should be ranked #2 ahead of Texas right now, but you're open-minded though, right?
you mean a game that TT was in control of for 3 qtrs? And when it mattered most UT failed to stop them, doesn't matter if the guys dropped those two INT's that is part of the game, just like the OU LB getting hurt in the UT game. you are so clueless it is going to be another great year for having fun at your expense.

as for the UT vs UF game last year, it would have been a worse beating for the big 12 UT running game is their qb, the only way to beat UF is to run the ball, out of the big 12 OU had the best shot at doing that. You can say that UT should have been there, and I would agree but their conf has the tiebreaker they have and if they don't like it they can leave or try and get it changed.

now since you want to try and use other games as reason to say one team d is not good UF gave up 3 not 10 to a shitty school, UF is better by your standards
USC gave up 3 to much better school than either UF or UT played which is still less than 10(in case you are too dumb to remember how much ut gave up) which by your standards means they are better than both UT and UF they still gave up less points and their 2nd and 3rd string D didn't even allow any more points.

correct me if I am wrong but the last 3 titles came from what conf? don't worry I will wait...lol.

as for you see things as they are, then why are you arguing STILL about OU going to the title game last year when that was the way it happened in the REAL world. Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't make it right, you clearly can't see things as they are, if you did you wouldn't have brought up fiction when the facts are already known. but it is fans like you, and sadly mostly ut die hards that make it hard to root for them to win. I have never seen a group of fans as sore a winner as they are losers.

you should change your name to svtvenom 2 you are neck and neck with him in your football talk....and that is not a good thing

Cartman is offline  
post #46 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 12:27 AM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl View Post
You, like Cartman, appear to be overlooking one important fact -- point differential. UT was +39 while OU was -1. A defense surrendering points while milking a 40+ point lead doesn't mean anything. UT was up 45-10 after 3 quarters. That was the impressive showing they were supposed to make. Need I remind you that BYU was so impressive that Vegas made them a 22.5 point dog tonight? LOL OU blows!
you clearly have no clue to anything in the real world. if you did you would know how the odds are figured.

Cartman is offline  
post #47 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 06:58 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl View Post
It'll be tough, but I don't think as tough as last year. That 4 game stretch last year was the toughest I've ever seen -- especially ending in Lubbock (a place where Sooner is 0-2 in their last 2 trips I may add). This season it's OU, then at Mizzou, and then the trip to Stillwater. I don't think Mizzou has anything close to what they had last season, and OU certainly didn't look strong tonight. tOSU's schedule is certainly favorable leading up to that game, but I don't think UT will be caught off guard again. I'm honestly more worried about the trip to Baylor and the trip to ATM at the end of the season. It won't be easy, but I expect UT to get through undefeated. They have a date with Tebow and Co.
What concerns me is: Colorado, OU, Mizzou away, then OSU away. They're not home for 3 weeks, and OSU will be tough. They lost to Tech under similar circumstances.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"

Last edited by Vertnut; 09-06-2009 at 07:28 AM.
Vertnut is offline  
post #48 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 08:14 AM
Dyno Racing King!!!
 
Juiceweezl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 2V-ville
Posts: 3,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
you mean a game that TT was in control of for 3 qtrs? And when it mattered most UT failed to stop them, doesn't matter if the guys dropped those two INT's that is part of the game, just like the OU LB getting hurt in the UT game. you are so clueless it is going to be another great year for having fun at your expense.
You still don't get it. TT was in such control of the game that UT came back and took the lead. Go ahead, correct me if I'm wrong there. Answer this one question. If the safety holds on to the pick, does UT win or not? Yeah, you've got nothing. Injuries are part of the game. Throwing out the OU LB getting hurt is moronic. If you want to play that game, then UT's best receiver, Quan Cosby, was hurt just a few plays into the TT game and never returned. That's an even bigger loss for UT that losing the LB was for OU. They dealt with it and still should've won. Get that through your head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
as for the UT vs UF game last year, it would have been a worse beating for the big 12 UT running game is their qb, the only way to beat UF is to run the ball, out of the big 12 OU had the best shot at doing that. You can say that UT should have been there, and I would agree but their conf has the tiebreaker they have and if they don't like it they can leave or try and get it changed.
You can't sit here and make that statement about UT and UF. You don't know if they could've passed the ball on them or not. TOSU had a pretty solid defense (see the NFL draft if you want proof), and UT did just fine against it. No one stopped UT's offense last season, so there's no reason to believe UF would've done it. I don't think UF would've been able to run the ball at all -- UT's defense was #6 against the run, and the front 4 they have wouldn't have let Tebow bull his way through the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
now since you want to try and use other games as reason to say one team d is not good UF gave up 3 not 10 to a shitty school, UF is better by your standards
USC gave up 3 to much better school than either UF or UT played which is still less than 10(in case you are too dumb to remember how much ut gave up) which by your standards means they are better than both UT and UF they still gave up less points and their 2nd and 3rd string D didn't even allow any more points.
You clearly have no concept of sports. When you have a big lead in a game like that, you work on things you need to work on -- formations, blitzes, man coverage, etc. Allowing scores or not becomes irrelelvant. UF gave up 3 points toa I-AA opponent. There is no comparison between them and a I-AA school. I brought up USC because with all of their might, they actually trailed at the end of the first quarter -- something neither UT or UF did -- but you're so hung up on points allowed instead of focusing on something meaningful like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
correct me if I am wrong but the last 3 titles came from what conf? don't worry I will wait...lol.
Yes, the SEC has won 3 titles. Congratulations. They've beaten a worthless TOSU team twice and OU last season -- never the team they should've been playing. Don't worry, the championship will return to Austin this year though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
as for you see things as they are, then why are you arguing STILL about OU going to the title game last year when that was the way it happened in the REAL world. Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't make it right, you clearly can't see things as they are, if you did you wouldn't have brought up fiction when the facts are already known. but it is fans like you, and sadly mostly ut die hards that make it hard to root for them to win. I have never seen a group of fans as sore a winner as they are losers.

you should change your name to svtvenom 2 you are neck and neck with him in your football talk....and that is not a good thing
This thread was about Zero U and of course it went back to last year. It offered further proof that UT should've gone to the MNC. Yes, the Big 12 has a stupid tiebreaker that sent OU. That isn't changing. I acknowledged it last year and everyone moved on. It doesn't mean we can't sit here and disagree with it. Isn't this a sports forum afterall? What fiction have I brought up? None. I hope that your posts get better this season or that your internet dies as I'm not looking forward to seeing your garbage in this forum. Of course it is always good for a few laughs.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
Juiceweezl is offline  
post #49 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 08:31 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
OU wasn't moving the ball that well, even with Bradford. OU's defense couldn't stop BYU at the end.
he was 11 for 14 with 98 yards and a TD in the first half
Southern93Stang is offline  
post #50 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 08:33 AM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by stock85 View Post
Seriously? So what was the excuse a couple years ago when McCoy got hurt against kstate? And then lost to a and m? That was Texas' excuse then or was it not?

With that said, first fuck you you act like a little kid.


Now on to ou. Overrated doesn't begin to describe the team. They played absolutely horrible tonight. Penalties, coaching and the recievers can't catch worth a shit. Losing badford certainly didn't help but it wasn't the reason the lost. Why kevin Wilson decided to establish the running game early especially when that was no where near working. They lost because they are not that good, bottom line. If they play they did tonight they may lose 4 or 5.

I'll be on here everyday you don't worry about that.

Oh and the defense played well enough to get a win. They gave up 14 points to a very good byu offense while Texas gave up how many to ULaMon? OU's offense was just aweful tonight.
Fuck off little bitch. I could care less about what happen two years ago. This happen less then 24 hrs ago. And I bet Texas was playing their third string defense when they got up 45-10. It's ok OU choked in another big game. We are getting used to it.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome