Fantasy - WR options - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Fantasy - WR options

Alright, we play 3 w/t positions. I'm looking for a solid backup.

People have made some pretty crazy picks, and released some players that I'm shocked about.

My starters are Andre Johnson, Anquan Boldin, and Roddy White.

My only bench W/R is Braylon Edwards. I'm holding two bench RBs, just for a few games to see what happens. Not ready to give one of those up yet, really. I've got Marshawn Lynch and Felix Jones on the bench. Lynch is suspended until week 3 I believe. Jones was a 'couldn't pass it up' in the 10th round.

Available WRs are:

Roy Williams (DAL)
Lee Evans (BUF)
Anthony Gonzalez (IND)

There's a LOT more, but they are more of a stretch than the top 3 listed. Avery, Crabtree, Cotchery, Holt, Mason, Chris Chambers, Muhammad, Burleson, Maclin, Heyward-Bey, Devery Henderson, Jeremy Shockey, Randle El, Kevin Curtis, etc.

Roy is a big plus, mainly because he's the #1 option in Dallas. His lack of performance last year, and his shouldery injury have me a little leery.

Everything I'm hearing, is that even with the addition of TO, Lee Evans is still #1 in Buffalo. Any Buffalo fans that can confirm or deny this?

Anthony Gonzalez has always been a steady option. Maybe even more so, now that Harrison is gone. I'd guess that makes him the #2 option only behind Wayne.

I can be convinced to let one bench RB go, so that I can pick up one or more of these available receivers, but you're going to have to be pretty damn convincing due to Jones' potential, and Lynch's solidity.

So, which one listed would you take over Edwards? Or would you keep Edwards? Or keep Edwards, and let one of the RBs go and pick up who?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 01:15 PM
Lifer

I would put in Roy as a starter and have Roddy White as a backup. I am with you on Jones, I wouldn't take him, he can score on offense and special teams. Gonzalez could also be a good pick up. I am not so sure Lynch will be worth keeping. Isn't he pretty injury proned, and always in trouble?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly View Post
Not only that, those two offenses are going to be more pass oriented since they don't have much of a running back, as opposed to Jamal Lewis in Cleveland.
Solid point.

I'm still pissed about my draft. I had Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson one right after another in my draft que, and I misclicked and took Andre over Calvin. Not that big of a deal, since Andre is a beast as well, however, I could have taken Calvin first, AND Andre two picks later most likely. Damn the luck.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 01:26 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Solid point.

I'm still pissed about my draft. I had Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson one right after another in my draft que, and I misclicked and took Andre over Calvin. Not that big of a deal, since Andre is a beast as well, however, I could have taken Calvin first, AND Andre two picks later most likely. Damn the luck.
Premature clickulation, bummer.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 01:30 PM
Time Served

Devery Henderson in the pass happy Saints offense.

Eh........just looked at the stats and I guess I thought I heard more about him than he really did........
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 01:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stock85 View Post
Devry Henderson in the pass happy Saints offense.
Good point.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 01:35 PM
Lifer

I think Gonzalez will have a huge year with Harrison gone.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by stock85 View Post
Devery Henderson in the pass happy Saints offense.

Eh........just looked at the stats and I guess I thought I heard more about him than he really did........
He made a lot of clutch plays last year, when Colston was out hurt. Possibly why it seems like he made more noise than he did.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
I think Gonzalez will have a huge year with Harrison gone.
I thought that as well a couple of weeks ago but from what I have seen and read Manning doesn't have much trust in him. The Colts wanted him to still play the slot but have already taken him out of that spot at times for Dallas Clark because Manning has complete trust in Clark.

Out of the ones you listed I would look at either Williams, Evans or Chambers. Chambers was having a decent year last year until injuries and Evans and Williams simply will get the bulk of playing time so should come up with good stats to compliment Johnson.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement