DFW Mustang Forums banner

Who is going to be this years MNC?

2K views 88 replies 14 participants last post by  Cartman 
#1 ·
I am sure UT fans think UT and OU fans think OU, but if we can all put down the team color glasses and try and pick who we honestly think will win.

UF seems to have the strongest team with USC right there behind them, but I think this might be a surprise year with ole miss making that cinderella run at the title but not sure they have what it takes to win it all. I think baylor will be this years tech in the big 12 causing yet another mess. while USC runs thru another year unbeaten, but I can't say if the big 12 or sec will be the other team. either way as long as it isn't a big 10 school the big 12 or sec will have another title this year.

I know my hogs will be a team that can hurt you, but will hurt themselves mostly due to new offense. should be a fun year.

#2 ·
I'm an OU fan and I don't think OU will make it this year. I think somewhere along the way they will get tripped up. They will make a BCS game but it will be the fiesta again and this time they WILL get a win! I think you need to substitue OSU for Baylor for someone that can cause a mess. USC, IMO, will not go unbeaten. Replacing, what, 8-9 starters on defense? Even at the almighty USC it will proved to be too much, I like Cal in the Pac-10. I'm going against all odds and picking Alabama to be in the MNCG with...........drum role please............TCU.

I'm kidding......I'm going to go with Penn State. I'm tired of picking all the favorites all the time.

#5 ·
USC will not go undeafeted this year. Hell 4 out of their 6 road games are against rank teams. I hope Texas will make it and win it. It will be a good year in college football.

#10 ·
USC...srsly? True Fresh QB along with a hurt start WR?

They drop at least 2 games this season.

UF is the odds on favorite and I think they play whomever survives the RR shootout with Texas an OU.

If THE Ohio State surives USC, they have a shot to make it to the game again...and get dominated by speed again. :frown:

#11 ·
Pryor should be a beast this year. You are right if the buckeyes beat USC which I think they should. Then the buckeyes will have a shot at the national championship. I think we will see the samething like we did last year. There will be teams out of the national championship that should be there.

#14 ·
Baylor is a dark horse in the Big 12. I can see them finishing 3rd in the south, maybe even 2nd. I don't see either Texas nor OU making it to the MNC game this year. Both had incredible runs last year and I don't see it happening again. OU will lose somewhere along the way like they usually do, wither they beat Texas or not. I think Texas will do the same. I think the Big 12 lost a lot of respect last year so I think once teams start losing, they will lose credability and will get jumped in the polls. If someone should run the table, they deserve to play for the MNC, but I don't see it this year, especially after the way things played out last year. I think Florida is again the front runner. Tebow is God's gift to college football, Colt McCoy will be the media darling again and if he plays even somewhat well, he will win the heisman because everyone will be on his nuts again and will feel sorry for him from last year.

#15 ·
How were they on McCoy's nuts last year? Bradford got all the attention despite Colt's practically one-man offensive onslaught. Bradford did have more touchdowns and yards than McCoy, but McCoy had a near 80% completion ratio and was the teams leading rusher. I'm sure his stats would've been better if Brown was anything like Stoops when it comes to running the score up on opponents.

#19 ·
Watch out for William & Mary. That's all I'm saying. Go Tribe!!

#74 ·
I'm still chuckling at Brent Musburger humping the legs of the Notre Dame faithful. Every time he's on ESPN he's got some Catholic cock in his mouth.

#85 ·
When do the BCS rankings come out? Week 4?

#89 ·
well with the OU loss it is up to UT to just do their job and not drop a game to a lesser team, assuming they beat OU that is..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.