HS Football anybody? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Banned

HS Football anybody?

Who's your team and how do you expect them to do?

My brother plays for Boswell and they had their first game last night against Wichita Falls in Wichita Falls.

We won, despite horrible umping on both sides of the ball. I guess it evened out but I saw some pretty brutal holding by WF that the refs didn't call when they were looking right at it. There was a total BS pass interference call that cost us an interception and a ball that my bro threw that literally hit the ground, bounced up into the corners chest who was diving for it and it was called ruled an interception. I was about 6 bleachers up right where it happened so I had a damn good view. I'm sure there were bad calls that favored us to, but I don't pay attention to those.

Anyways, my bro threw for 320 yards, 4 TD's, and two interceptions. I don't know what his rushing yards were. Probably around 70-75? It's sad that he's the leading rusher for the team.

His main QB competition up here seems to be Josh Dorman for Birdville who's a great QB with an amazing receiving crew. I'll be looking forward to them playing eachother. They're almost identical build wise, talent wise, with my brother being a little more apt to run.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Lifer

I guess I will be going for Melissa. My daughter is a cheerleader for their pee-wee football team. Her first game is tomorrow. She is so excited. I can't wait till my son is old enough to play pee-wee football.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Lifer

My brother is the #1 wideout and probably the best corner on the Crowley JV team. They probably won't do that well being the JV team but I'm looking forward to him playing for varsity next year.

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
My brother is the #1 wideout and probably the best corner on the Crowley JV team. They probably won't do that well being the JV team but I'm looking forward to him playing for varsity next year.
Good luck to him man! Is he a sophomore? A good defender means so much more in HS than people know. It sucks that they don't get the credibility that they deserve. Our linebacker that we just got from Colleyville Heritage made damn near every stop on Kickoff and god knows how many amazing tackles and pass deflections last night. The kid is going somewhere. He's a beast.
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 11:00 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Saw an advertisement for Kirk Herbstreit's high school tournament at the new Cowboys stadium. Siunds like it would be pretty cool and is pretty easy on the wallet. I don't follow high school sports at all, but I guess The Colony is my team since I went to school in that dump.

post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
Saw an advertisement for Kirk Herbstreit's high school tournament at the new Cowboys stadium. Siunds like it would be pretty cool and is pretty easy on the wallet. I don't follow high school sports at all, but I guess The Colony is my team since I went to school in that dump.
What kind of tourny is it? I don't even want to think about the coin my parents have dropped on my bro's HS football career. Thousands I'm sure. He did get a full ride offer from Air Force to play for them though, so hopefully it'll be worth it.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 11:15 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
So this is just one of those things where they take the two top ranked national teams and pit them against eachother? Kinda like with Southlake and that Florida team a couple of years ago? I thought it was a camp or something.

That's something my dad would go to. Not me though. I like watching my brother play. I could barely talk today after last nights' horrible reffing. With all the screaming I did, I'd probably make the frontman for BTBAM proud.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 12:07 AM
Genetically Blessed

Celina won last night; wouldn't expect anything less.
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 12:13 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
Good luck to him man! Is he a sophomore? A good defender means so much more in HS than people know. It sucks that they don't get the credibility that they deserve. Our linebacker that we just got from Colleyville Heritage made damn near every stop on Kickoff and god knows how many amazing tackles and pass deflections last night. The kid is going somewhere. He's a beast.
Yeah he's a sophomore. If he had another couple of inches and maybe 10 more lbs on him he'd be playing for varsity already. He gets at least one pick six every practice if not a few more. Defenses in high school never get credit for shit, which is unfortunate.

post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 12:15 AM
Punk Ass Kid

I'll go for Pilot Point. A few of my friends playing for them plus it's my home town. They made it to the semi final round in 2a last year. My grade had the majority of the best players on the team. Now that we are gone I don't see them going very far this year. Had first game tonight they won 0 - 35+. I left with 5 min left to go in the 4th.

91 Coupe, off road h, underdrive pulleys, short belt with a/c, electric fans and 3.73s. 3060lbs. Daily driven 20mpg average.

All stock 91 coupe. Stang' Bangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I just want to smoke weed, be naked, and play video games.That is all.
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 12:19 AM
Punk Ass Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
Celina being 3a is the only reason Pilot Point made it so far last year. Celina has a badass football team. They always have. But now Aubrey has G.A. Moore now. So we will see how that goes.

91 Coupe, off road h, underdrive pulleys, short belt with a/c, electric fans and 3.73s. 3060lbs. Daily driven 20mpg average.

Quote:
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
I've seen one Celina game a long time ago when they played a game at HEB stadium. Not really my thing. I think they ran the whole game except for one pass that was a desperate toss up that the receiver actually came down with. Roughneck running football definitely works(look at Trinity), but isn't that exciting. It's nice though when the game only lasts 2 hours. The game last night went 3 1/2 hours.
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 12:29 AM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxBodyMike View Post
Celina being 3a is the only reason Pilot Point made it so far last year. Celina has a badass football team. They always have. But now Aubrey has G.A. Moore now. So we will see how that goes.
Yep, I played for G.A. Not really a fan, but the guy obviously knows how to win.
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 01:31 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
So this is just one of those things where they take the two top ranked national teams and pit them against eachother? Kinda like with Southlake and that Florida team a couple of years ago? I thought it was a camp or something.

That's something my dad would go to. Not me though. I like watching my brother play. I could barely talk today after last nights' horrible reffing. With all the screaming I did, I'd probably make the frontman for BTBAM proud.
From what little I gathered from the ad, it was California and some other state's teams against the best that Texas has to offer. Sounds promising, but I haven't really checked into it. Your initial post just made me remember it.

post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 09:10 AM
AHMO!

Went to the Wylie vs Hebron game...Wylie is really missing the state defensive 5A player of the year (whitlock) and their D1 QB that went to Baylor this year.
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 10:44 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn

I usually support Coppell even though I have no idea who plays or coaches there anymore.

post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 10:51 AM
Lifer

post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 04:00 PM
Lifer

Euless Trinity checking in.
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 11:08 AM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy

my west texas HS decided to do something drasticly different - throw the football. Been running the wishbone for 25 years until now. Sweetwater HS.
post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 12:41 PM
Factory Issue

I went to Woodrow Wilson in Dallas, and I never expect much from them, so I'll go to where I live now: The greater Stephenville/Dublin metropolitan area.

Stephenville didn't do as well last year as everyone hoped, being that small towns in Texas expect state championships, and get worse about it the more they win. Stephenville won 4 in ten years, ten years ago, so they haven't gotten over that expectation quite yet. Their first scrimmage was against Aledo, and they lost, but the paper says they show promise. We'll see.

Dublin got a new coach about a month before school started, so they lost their first game to Clifton.

It isn't HS, but Tarleton smashed Arkansas-Monticello. I reckon that's something.

Give me a dollar.
post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Who's your team and how do you expect them to do?

My brother plays for Boswell and they had their first game last night against Wichita Falls in Wichita Falls.

We won, despite horrible umping on both sides of the ball. I guess it evened out but I saw some pretty brutal holding by WF that the refs didn't call when they were looking right at it. There was a total BS pass interference call that cost us an interception and a ball that my bro threw that literally hit the ground, bounced up into the corners chest who was diving for it and it was called ruled an interception. I was about 6 bleachers up right where it happened so I had a damn good view. I'm sure there were bad calls that favored us to, but I don't pay attention to those.

Anyways, my bro threw for 320 yards, 4 TD's, and two interceptions. I don't know what his rushing yards were. Probably around 70-75? It's sad that he's the leading rusher for the team.

His main QB competition up here seems to be Josh Dorman for Birdville who's a great QB with an amazing receiving crew. I'll be looking forward to them playing eachother. They're almost identical build wise, talent wise, with my brother being a little more apt to run.

Who did they play from Wichita ? Rider? Hershey?

05 Yamaha R6- Not stock anymore
90 Eagle Talon TSi- Yeah it's slow
post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose1 View Post
Whoever the Coyotes are.
post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Well, Boswell got beat 38-28 by Abilene Cooper. Stressful game. My throat is hurting like hell today.
post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 10:53 AM
dee
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose1 View Post
Old High and you can expect shitty refs for the most part in Wichita. They are a lil better than what we got at the 1A school I played at.
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Holy shit I just saw a game. Pouring down rain, horrible coaching, but we managed to win in over time which was at midnight because the game kept getting delayed. 19-12, Boswell over Alvarado. Alvarado played a badass game and had an awesome running back, but our defense was able to step it up again this week and hold them to 12 points. My bro threw two touchdowns, but probably didn't increase his total yards very much. Very short passes with the rain. Coaches really screwed them out of running away with this game. It's pouring down rain and most of the time for first down they'd call a pass play down the field. We had gotten a 1st and goal on the 5 yard line, and the coaches call 3 pass plays in a row. Our running back was doing great so I don't know why they didn't just have him punch it in. Our offensive coordinator is a fucking moron.

Also, I heard Aledo lost which is great for us being that they're in the same district. Even though this was a non-district game, it's still great knowing they can be beat.
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Updates on how their local High School team is doing? Boswell is playing Springtown tomorrow night. Springtown is 3-0 and Boswell is 2-1 so far. Boswell had a pretty strong non-district schedule while Springtowns non-district opponents have been chumps.
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 12:26 AM
Rookie

South Garland, that's my hood. haha

My Nephew plays for Rowlett HS.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 08:37 PM
IA2

Mckinney boyd is whipping the shit out of wylie tonight LOL.... 30-0

Payback for what they did to us last year.
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Boswell just beat Springtown who was undefeated going into tonight 58-7. It sounds like they tried running the score up, but Springtown just looked horrible. We didn't even throw the 4th quarter, had the 2nd string in and ran it up the middle the entire quarter and managed like 17 points. They had the last drive with about 2 minutes left, and just ran it up the middle to run the clock out.

My brother threw for 250 yards, 3 touchdowns, 0 interceptions, and had 11 rushes for 120 yards, and a touchdown. I was really proud of him. He tore it up.
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Well, Boswell plays Aledo Friday night. Aledo shut out Boswell last year. I think they might have had like 7 yards of offense last year against them but Aledo is suffering from some injuries and Boswells defense/run-game is a lot better than it was last year. I'm hoping to god for a win. If Boswell does win, it will definitely shake up the district play quite a bit. There was an article in the Star Telegram today about it.

http://www.star-telegram.com/358/story/1648790.html

My little brother is the starting QB. Wish him luck. I told him to just be sure to play safe. No interceptions, and if he see's a run to run. He runs a 4.5 forty so hopefully that will pick them up some first downs. Aledo got beat by a team earlier this year and apparently that team sucked, so hopefully our defense can pull through and stop their run game.
post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 02:05 AM
Packin' up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFurst View Post
Euless Trinity checking in.
That's where I went to school
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 07:20 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
Mckinney boyd is whipping the shit out of wylie tonight LOL.... 30-0

Payback for what they did to us last year.
Lose the 5A defensive player of the year and one of the Area's top QB's yeah they don't have it anymore.
post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Boswell got beat up by Aledo last night 38-12. It sucks because we were hanging right with them for the first half, then it just went to hell. Our best defensive player got hurt, and our best two runningbacks were gone. One quit b/c of a disagreement with the coaches, and the other suffered a concussion during practice. It sucked losing, but at least it was to a good team.
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Well, Boswell pulled another win out. Sloppiest game they've played this year, but managed to come out on top. My bro threw three stupid picks, but managed 192 passing yards and 80 rushing yards out of a total of 120 rushing yards...we fumbled two punts and Azle recovered them and scored on both. I was only there for the second half and I literally yelled and cheered (loud) 100% of the second half to try and get the crowd more in to a game that we were losing the second half. I don't know how much the crowd helps, but it can't hurt and if I can contribute that to the team, I'm more than happy to.

Next week we have the 7-0 Birdville Hawks. I think that we're 5-2. Sounds like we're gonna get killed, but tonight Birdville beat a Mineral Wells 20 something to 9. We beat Mineral Wells 62-14. Birdville literally has no run game at all. Probably the weakest run game in the state, but their pass game is top-notch. If our corners and safety's can hang and we can get pressure on Josh Dorman (Birdvilles QB, one of the top passing QB's in the state) I think that we can beat them. It was a great game last year between Bos and Birdville. I can't wait to see what happens this year.
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 01:13 AM
Lifer

Looks like Crowley might be going to the playoffs for the 4th time in the entire school history (dating back to the 50s) assuming they keep playing like they are

post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Goddamned Birdville beat Boswell tonight. Beat em' pretty good, too in the second half. Fucking Boswell's offensive coordinator must be Jason Garrett's retarded, black brother. Our first series, we stick to short passes to the outside, drive the ball downfield, they hold us to a field goal, 3-0 us. We hold them, they punt. Next drive, we run the ball down their throats. Our RB who usually isn't that great is getting 6-7yards a carry, eventually he runs it in for a TD. We miss the extra point...9-0 us. I believe we stopped them again and here's where shit goes down. We completely abandon the run game except for sending the QB up the middle every once in a while. We throw nothing but short inside passes, and nothing. Birdville gets the ball...scores. We do the same damn thing. Birdville gets the ball again...scores. Half-time is 14-9 Birdville. Well...did we make any adjustments or go back to the winning strategy the second half? Nah. Same thing. I think we gave it to the running back once, and he got 5 yards, and then we never gave it to him again. Late in the 4th quarter, we do throw a long bomb down the sideline and the receiver makes a one armed catch. TD. However, by this time, birdville is killing us b/c our defense is on the field most of the game b/c our offensive coordinator is a fucking moron and won't stick with what was working.

Very frustrating game. Next two games should be a cakewalk into the play-off's though. Boswell should finish with a 7-3 record, being 5-2 in district 6-4A. I pretty much figured this would be their record at the beginning of the season, but if I could have picked one hard game for us to have won, it would've been this. The talent was there, but Birdville out-coached the fuck out of us.
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Banned

We won our final regular season game tonight against Brewer. Finished 7-3 overall and 5-2 in district 6-4A. Got a playoff game against Denton Guyer next Thursday at Southlake. Last year Boswell almost pulled off a bad upset but one of our receivers decided to drop two TD passes and another got called back for holding...of course a holding that had nothing to do with the play and we lost. Hopefully this year will be different. Our problem is horrible play calling, and that shit might fly against bad to average teams, but good teams will expose it real quick. I'm glad it's at Southlake. They have a nice ass stadium. Unfortunately it's nowhere near my house.
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Cedar Hill Longhorns

I expect us to win state we are #1 in the state right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 12:20 AM
Punk Ass Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxBodyMike View Post
I'll go for Pilot Point. A few of my friends playing for them plus it's my home town. They made it to the semi final round in 2a last year. My grade had the majority of the best players on the team. Now that we are gone I don't see them going very far this year. Had first game tonight they won 0 - 35+. I left with 5 min left to go in the 4th.
We won state champs today. First time in awhile. Played a damn good game agaisnt kirbyville. 35-18. Damn game was in San Marcos. 5 hour drive, but was worth it.

I didn't think they would do well because they lost alot of good players, but they did it.

Went all season with 0 losses. They deserved it.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement