Romo = Danny White? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Clown

Romo = Danny White?

A lot of you guys maybe to young to remember but I was just thinking how Romo now reminds me of Danny White. Both a great QB with a great arm but couldn't win the games that counted. Danny could punt so atleast it saved Clint Murchison and Bum Bright a little money.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 08:48 AM
Lifer

Folks are already hating on the guy, If you want to hate on someone how about TO, that no catching turd has been dropping balls by the dozen since his days with the Niner's, some things never change.

TO, you ain't no Jerry Rice, no matter how hard your arrogant, dumb, ignorant ass tries
post #3 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 08:57 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&T's 82
A lot of you guys maybe to young to remember but I was just thinking how Romo now reminds me of Danny White. Both an average QB with an average arm but couldn't win the games that counted. Danny could punt so at least it saved Clint Murchison and Bum Bright a little money.....
Fixed

post #4 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfan
Folks are already hating on the guy, If you want to hate on someone how about TO, that no catching turd has been dropping balls by the dozen since his days with the Niner's, some things never change.

TO, you ain't no Jerry Rice, no matter how hard your arrogant, dumb, ignorant ass tries
I liked Danny White....he just couldn't live up to he lofty expectations that were placed on him. Especially following Roger.
post #5 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 09:26 AM
GTR
Punk Ass Newbie

Hadn"t made the connection, but you might be on to something.

And yes Danny was the second best punter in the league behind Ray Guy out in Oakland.
post #6 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 09:41 AM
Time Served

That is exactly what I told my old lady last night. Romeo= Danny white.
post #7 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 09:43 AM
Full tilt boogie !!

Tony Romo needs to learn how to play under pressure. In all sports, some people it comes natural to, some people are able to learn how to and some people never learn.

Lets hope he is in the middle. Not saying he is the reason we lost.....I'm just sayin.

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.

post #8 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
LOL, in his second full season you guy are willing to write this guy off? He is 10000X times better than anyone the Cowboys have run out there since Aikman. Good thing the Giants game wasn't a big game last week, or the Cowboys would have lost that....Oh, wait. Romo didn't lose that playoff game as a quarterback either, he mishandled the snap on a field goal, but at a quarterback, he had them in position to win the game.
I don't know what you are talking about. But Romo has won as many playoff games as the other QB's after Aikman. So Romo isn't any better then any of those sorry ass QB's.
post #9 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 01:08 PM
Lifer

all I am saying is Chris Sims should have gotten the job instead of romo. dont get me wrong romo is a good quarterback, he is hurt, but come on. These are do or die games, you cant be throwing stupid throws and having the qb rating of 17 at the half. He gets paid way to much.

1967 Camaro SS/RS
post #10 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 02:20 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by red foxrod
all I am saying is Chris Sims should have gotten the job instead of romo.

LMAO....is this svtvenom?

post #11 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 03:00 PM
Time Served

its more as the cowboys as a team in big games rather than Romo himself.

1994 Cobra
1996 Accord
2005 Suzuki Quadsport Z-400
2003 Arctic Cat ZL-600 SS EFI Its a snowmobile!
post #12 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
LMAO....is this svtvenom?

Come on Chris Simms is a superstar. VY is holding Simms back in Tennessee as the back up to Collins.
post #13 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Time Served

Danny White was actually capable of winning a playoff game. Sure he never made it to the Super Bowl but he wasn't a total choke artist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
Meh...I dunno why she likes it. It's like she put it on a pedestal because it is the gravy of life.
post #14 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 04:35 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJDCobra
I didnt mean to come across as bashing romo, I like romo and he is a good QB its just it seems like since he got the big check he has had a lot less motivation, I blame Jessica Simpson. And the cowboys as a team have suffered through a lot of key players. Especially in the running backs. and I know the wide recievers and defense has as well. Its just not been a good year for the boys. I was hoping to see them go to the super bowl after last year. Romo has got to lead the team though especially at the end of the season.

1967 Camaro SS/RS
post #15 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 05:10 PM
B-WIZ

Location: There's a huge chance I've been registered longer than you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJDCobra

I concur

DFWSTANGS: just a jump-the-gun, criticize and judge-all-before-you-know-shit, racists, extremist, whats-a-mustang?, internet forum.
post #16 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Trick Flow Evangelist

He scores in the first three mins, then nothing until the pressure was on and then scores twice under pressure. The defence gives away two scores that normally woldn't have been scored. Without that, we win easy. How is it Romo's fault at all? I saw some crazy scrambles, he almost never gets sacked (like Eli Manning ) but we sing that dudes praises all day WTF!! Get behind your team or get another one!!!.... *RANT OFF*

Ay, fight and you may die, run and you'll live. At least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives.... but they'll never take our FREEDOM!!

QUESTION AUTHORITY
post #17 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 10:36 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by red foxrod
I blame Jessica Simpson.

Leave. Now. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Congratulations on your astounding ignorance.
post #18 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 10:39 AM
Full tilt boogie !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Wallace
He scores in the first three mins, then nothing until the pressure was on and then scores twice under pressure. The defence gives away two scores that normally woldn't have been scored. Without that, we win easy. How is it Romo's fault at all? I saw some crazy scrambles, he almost never gets sacked (like Eli Manning ) but we sing that dudes praises all day WTF!! Get behind your team or get another one!!!.... *RANT OFF*
Stating that Romo doesnt perform well under pressure is not "not being behind my team", its stating a fact. When they can get it done in December, I will change my tune. I am a Romo supporter, he just needs to step it up in december.....which will come in time.

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.

post #19 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 11:09 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Yes, he did fumble the snap, but he also drove them down the field, under pressure and got them in a position to win the game.

Let's not forget that he shouldn't even have been the one holding the fucking ball. Shit still pisses me the fuck off.
post #20 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 11:11 AM
What Can Brown Do For You

Did you read his comments in the Dallas Morning news?
post #21 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Check out my decor!

Tony Romo is getting on my nerves now. I can't believe how bad that game was. I even took a nap through some of it and still woke up to him throwing an incomplete pass... AGAIN!

http://www.myspace.com/missgirl01

Happiness is not a goal, but a way of life.

post #22 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 11:44 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Let's not forget that he shouldn't even have been the one holding the fucking ball. Shit still pisses me the fuck off.
Why not? Wasnt that his job for his first few seasons prior to being the starter? I dont mean that as an argumentative question. I just want to know your opinion behind that statement.
post #23 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-TOPPS5.0
Why not? Wasnt that his job for his first few seasons prior to being the starter? I dont mean that as an argumentative question. I just want to know your opinion behind that statement.

It is the job of the back up QB to hold the ball for field goals. When the Cowboys benched Bledsoe and made Romo the starter, Bledsoe should have been the one holding the ball.
post #24 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99shestang
Tony Romo is getting on my nerves now. I can't believe how bad that game was. I even took a nap through some of it and still woke up to him throwing an incomplete pass... AGAIN!

^This is why girls shouldn't watch football.

Romo isn't the reason the Cowboys lost. The Defense just gave the fuck up.
post #25 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 06:25 PM
LUCIFER

I like Romo, I think he's a good QB but still has a way to go before he matures enough to play the game right. I like seeing a QB trying to make plays as he does but everytime you see one doing so you know it might not be good.
Romo still has work to do and until he came win a playoff game he will always be just an average QB.
I mean look at his stats this year:
11 fumbles...5 lost
13 Interceptions...and he missed 3 games!
I blame the defense more than anything for the loss against the Ravens but everyone is accountable this season. Cowboys are fortunate to still have a chance to make the playoffs, lets see how they can do.

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #26 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Lifer

You're doing a huge disservice to Danny White. Romo isn't even worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as White. The Cowboys went to a few NFC title games with Danny as the QB. Romo can't even win a freakin' playoff game.
Last years 13-3 Cowboys were a mirror image of the 13-3 Dick Juaron Coached Bears from a few years ago. Both teams were extremely lucky in getting all the breaks in every game. Neither were worthy of the 13-3 record.
Everyone overrated last years Dallas team (Romo especially) heading into this year. This is what the team really is: 9-7 to 10-6 team.
As long as Jerruh is the owner/GM, you'll never see Dallas win another Super Bowl.

2007 SRT8-Grand Cherokee
2008 Cadillac Escalade
post #27 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 09:20 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got5onIt
Romo can't even win a freakin' playoff game.
Yeah, 0-2 and done!
Quote:
This is what the team really is: 9-7 to 10-6 team.
LOL, good call! I guarantee they won't finish better than 10-6 or worse than 9-7. again.
Quote:
As long as Jerruh is the owner/GM, you'll never see Dallas win another Super Bowl.
Why is that? They've won 3 with him; he's not the one down on the field, underachieving and being inconsistent. this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #28 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 04:25 AM
LUCIFER

Quote:
his idol is Brett Farve....and it shows. Brett would sling the ball all over the field with reckless abandon.....and he ain't to bad now is he? Romo still has a lot of growing to do...everyone seems to forget this is only his 2nd full season as a starter. Game experience is what counts most of the time.
You hit it there, that's why Farve has so many INT's this season too b/c he's done that shit his whole career. You try so hard you're either going to fuck up or look great

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #29 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Lifer

Quote:
You're doing a huge disservice to Danny White. Romo isn't even worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as White. The Cowboys went to a few NFC title games with Danny as the QB. Romo can't even win a freakin' playoff game.
Last years 13-3 Cowboys were a mirror image of the 13-3 Dick Juaron Coached Bears from a few years ago. Both teams were extremely lucky in getting all the breaks in every game. Neither were worthy of the 13-3 record.
Everyone overrated last years Dallas team (Romo especially) heading into this year. This is what the team really is: 9-7 to 10-6 team.
You lost all credibility with your last sentence.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #30 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
You lost all credibility with your last sentence.
And how is that? Jimmy & Jerry built the Cowboys together. Neither knew what they were in for but did it with each other's consent. After a few SB wins, Jerruh's head exploded. When the Cowboys started showing a bit of success again under Purcells, Jerruh couldn't keep his hands to himself and brought in T.O. He was like a 5 year old on Christmas eve after Purcells left. Paying Garrett like a head coach, hiring the puppet Wade Phillips. Hell, he even made Wade hire his old head coach, Dave Campo. That's no where near the beginning. The Joey Galloway trade, the Tony Banks/Quincy Carter fiasco, the Chris Warren vacation approval, etc., etc.
They will never win another Super Bowl with Jerruh running the team.

2007 SRT8-Grand Cherokee
2008 Cadillac Escalade
post #31 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 04:58 PM
Lifer

Quote:
And how is that? Jimmy & Jerry built the Cowboys together. Neither knew what they were in for but did it with each other's consent. After a few SB wins, Jerruh's head exploded. When the Cowboys started showing a bit of success again under Purcells, Jerruh couldn't keep his hands to himself and brought in T.O. He was like a 5 year old on Christmas eve after Purcells left. Paying Garrett like a head coach, hiring the puppet Wade Phillips. Hell, he even made Wade hire his old head coach, Dave Campo. That's no where near the beginning. The Joey Galloway trade, the Tony Banks/Quincy Carter fiasco, the Chris Warren vacation approval, etc., etc.
They will never win another Super Bowl with Jerruh running the team.
The "woes" hit the team because of the salary caps that hit ALL NFL teams. Switzer won a Super Bowl by doing pretty much nothing. If you know the organization, you'll know that Jerry pretty much has run all phases since day one...including Jimmy Johnson. Jerry himself, instigated the famous Herschel Walker trade to Minnesota, which is what really brought the team to prosperity. The head coach makes a difference, but not near as much as everyone thinks. Take a look at the Tuna...pretty much a bust. Once again, your statement is ludicrous.
By the way, every one of the coaches he hires are "puppets". They do what he says, period. Parcels was given enough freedom to bring in the likes of Testaverde, Bledsoe, and Terry Glenn...

post #32 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I love it when people don't know shit about sports and try and regurgitate what they hear other people say that they think sounds cool. It appears Got5onit knows as much about sports as a huddled mass of chicks sitting at Starbucks.
I don't know much, and I feel like a mental giant...

post #33 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 10:30 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
I don't know what you are talking about. But Romo has won as many playoff games as the other QB's after Aikman. So Romo isn't any better then any of those sorry ass QB's.
yes bc we know that winning a playoff defines how good a QB is. That and nothing else. So if we had a backup in for a win during a playoff game, he would be better than Romo, just because of that....

95' Red Mustang GT.

Slow.
post #34 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 10:39 PM
T-MINUS

Get a real coach and see what the kid can do.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #35 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 10:51 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1994SilverGT
yes bc we know that winning a playoff defines how good a QB is. That and nothing else. So if we had a backup in for a win during a playoff game, he would be better than Romo, just because of that....
Brad Johnson won a Super Bowl, and he's soooo much better than Romo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #36 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 11:02 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1994SilverGT
Winning a playoff game does defines how good a QB is. If he doesn't then he is no better Chad Hutchinson. Wow he can put up some numbers but he can't win any big games. Prime example the last two playoffs games and for this year the steelers game and the Ravens game. But I guess you Romo homo's will be on his nutsack till the end.
post #37 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 05:29 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Winning a playoff game does defines how good a QB is. If he doesn't then he is no better Chad Hutchinson. Wow he can put up some numbers but he can't win any big games. Prime example the last two playoffs games and for this year the steelers game and the Ravens game. But I guess you Romo homo's will be on his nutsack till the end.
It took Aikman 3 years to win a playoff game, too. How did that work out?

post #38 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 07:16 AM
Lifer

Quote:

So since Manning's first year was 98 and his first playoff victory was in 03 he sucked for 5 years correct?
post #39 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 11:53 AM
Lifer

Quote:
It took Aikman 3 years to win a playoff game, too. How did that work out?
It took Aikman 3 years to get to the playoffs. So far Romo been to the playoffs twice and hasn't won shit. It's ok for all you Romo homo's he might do something good in his career.
post #40 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I always knew Dan Marino sucked, and John Elway didn't get good until the end of their career.
Dan Marino and John Elway won playoff games. Romo hasn't but all the Romo homo's want to put him in the ring of honor. Until he does something instead of choking in big games he is no better then any of the QB's after Aikman.
post #41 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I love it when people don't know shit about sports and try and regurgitate what they hear other people say that they think sounds cool. It appears Got5onit knows as much about sports as a huddled mass of chicks sitting at Starbucks.
And your opinion is about as worth as much as these lesbians you stalk at Starbucks. And you know alot about sports, how, because you watch ESPN everyday? I bet you've never played organized sports at any level. I know a thing or two about football jack, I've played from pee wee into the Collegiate level, and still watch it religiously to this day. Madden on your PS2 doesn't coun't.

2007 SRT8-Grand Cherokee
2008 Cadillac Escalade
post #42 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 12:02 PM
lol, this place sucks now

Well, he's no Gary Hogeboom, that's for sure.

DFW Mustangs dot net
post #43 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 12:10 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE
So since Manning's first year was 98 and his first playoff victory was in 03 he sucked for 5 years correct?
Manning didn't have the players back then like Romo does now. Back then no one was talking about the colts going to the super bowl. But what was everyone saying about the cowboys this year. They will make it to the super bowl. Yeah right not with a overrated QB.
post #44 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Manning didn't have the players back then like Romo does now. Back then no one was talking about the colts going to the super bowl. But what was everyone saying about the cowboys this year. They will make it to the super bowl. Yeah right not with a overrated QB.
You and your fucking excuses are weak. You have an excuse for everyone but Romo. Again, you have no credibility on this site...

post #45 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 02:07 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Playing football at the Colorado School of Mines impresses me about as much as your so called sports knowledge, not only that, just because you played doesn't mean you have a firm grasp of what is going on, which in turn makes the fact that you watch football account for nothing. I have a friend that was a 3rd team/honorable mention All American at Rice, and he doesn't know dick about football. Your opinion was moronic and borderline retarded, but apparently that is how you roll, which was reinforced by your mindless bantering trying to degrade me about not playing sports. Just FYI, I have played with and against guys that went to top notch D1 schools and one went on to win a Super Bowl Ring. I have played baseball with guys that were stars at Oklahoma State and I have caught Roger Clemens cousin as well as an ex-major leaguer. I don't watch ESPN, nor do I play Madden. Your sports resume is no different than any other sports moron that tries to defend his credibility with his past.
"The older we get, the better we were!"

post #46 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Lifer

Quote:
You and your fucking excuses are weak. You have an excuse for everyone but Romo. Again, you have no credibility on this site...
And having credibility on this site means so much to me. Romo doesn't deserve any excuse. I bet if he played for any other team everyone would agree with me that he is overrated. Just because he has a star on his helmet doesn't mean he is the best QB in the league. Maybe Jerry shouldn't have paid him until he could win a big game. He was a much better QB before he got his money and fame. Now he is a rich overrated QB.
post #47 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 02:35 PM
Lifer

Quote:
And having credibility on this site means so much to me. Romo doesn't deserve any excuse. I bet if he played for any other team everyone would agree with me that he is overrated. Just because he has a star on his helmet doesn't mean he is the best QB in the league. Maybe Jerry shouldn't have paid him until he could win a big game. He was a much better QB before he got his money and fame. Now he is a rich overrated QB.
Compared to other QB's (that have been mentioned), you have nothing to base your worthless opinion on.

post #48 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 02:38 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Compared to other QB's (that have been mentioned), you have nothing to base your worthless opinion on.
And none of those QB's are playing right now. We are talking right now. Romo got his money and he is playing like shit. Why can't any chokeboy fans see that. Romo has the supporting cast and he can't do shit with it. Cowboys should have gotten Brady Quinn. I think he will be a better QB then Romo.
post #49 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Playing football at the Colorado School of Mines impresses me about as much as your so called sports knowledge, not only that, just because you played doesn't mean you have a firm grasp of what is going on, which in turn makes the fact that you watch football account for nothing. I have a friend that was a 3rd team/honorable mention All American at Rice, and he doesn't know dick about football. Your opinion was moronic and borderline retarded, but apparently that is how you roll, which was reinforced by your mindless bantering trying to degrade me about not playing sports. Just FYI, I have played with and against guys that went to top notch D1 schools and one went on to win a Super Bowl Ring. I have played baseball with guys that were stars at Oklahoma State and I have caught Roger Clemens cousin as well as an ex-major leaguer. I don't watch ESPN, nor do I play Madden. Your sports resume is no different than any other sports moron that tries to defend his credibility with his past.
Retarded banter, how ironic. Coming from the guy who's mama's friends cousin's daddy's best friend's friend was a 3rd team honorable mention, etc.

2007 SRT8-Grand Cherokee
2008 Cadillac Escalade
post #50 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 08:58 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Look back, again I am not a Cowboys fan. I am just keeping the thread going when I put that. For a team to get to the top it takes a lot. Do I think Romo is overrated? At times, and by some people yes. I also think he is a top 7 QB in a league that is saturated with nothing more than game managers that are not fun to watch. Either way you look at it, it took Manning 4 seasons to win a playoff game, and a couple more to get past anything more than a wild card or divisional game. That is fact and more than anything shows the point that it takes more than one guy to get there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement