WRs complain about Romo - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

WRs complain about Romo

In case you haven't heard
Quote:
IRVING, Texas - Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips didn't see any problem with his wide receivers - Terrell Owens, Patrick Crayton and Roy Williams - meeting with offensive coordinator Jason Garrett about the offense this week, explaining that give-and-take between players and coaches is common and encouraged.

"It's something that happens all the time," Phillips said. "We talk to the players about what their role is. There's an open discussion any time. Guys come in and say, 'Do we have to be in pads today?'"

Phillips also dismissed speculation that quarterback Tony Romo targets tight end Jason Witten too often in games, even when other receivers are open.

Witten has a team-high 64 catches for 771 yards, and he had six catches for 62 yards in last Sunday's 20-13 loss to Pittsburgh. The Steelers took the lead for good late in the fourth quarter when Romo's pass to Witten was intercepted and returned for a touchdown.

On the ensuing drive, Romo missed Witten down the seam on fourth down, which ended a potential comeback.

"They were playing a lot of Cover 2 last week, and that's what you want is a guy in the middle," Phillips said. "In fact, on fourth-and-two, Jason Witten was open right in the middle on a short route and we threw a deep route which was incomplete.

"There's no favoritism there. In fact, I would go to the guy that's going to be open. That's what we want him to do."

Romo, who was unavailable for comment Thursday, committed a season-high four turnovers in the game but has a chance to redeem himself this Sunday when the Super Bowl champion Giants visit Texas Stadium.

"You can't play 16 great weeks of football. It's not going to happen," Romo said Wednesday. "That's part of it. You've just got to be able to come back from the bad games. That's part of what I have to do this week is come back from a performance that wasn't up to what I had hoped for."

Working on my project Stang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 07:05 PM
dead

WRs have such ego problems. There is no place for this bullshit during the season let alone this late in the season when you are fighting for a playoff spot.

I'm guessing TO is gone after this season. Hopefully nothing boils over before then.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Lifer

I'm a big Owens fan...I'd say its time from him to go..but on a side note Romo needs to use all his WR's. Crayton was wide open on that 4th-10 play at the end of the game were he just throw the ball at Wittens back..

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo stallion
I'm guessing TO is gone after this season. Hopefully nothing boils over before then.
Wow really you think he is gone next season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 08:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo stallion
WRs have such ego problems. There is no place for this bullshit during the season let alone this late in the season when you are fighting for a playoff spot.

I think every time he drops a simple pass, they should dog-pile his ass immediately following the play. He might just STFU then...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 07:12 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
I think every time he drops a simple pass, they should dog-pile his ass immediately following the play. He might just STFU then...

I know your frustration, but I really haven't seen TO drop many passes this year. Nothing like it was last year. Sure he's dropped some, but it's not like he drops every other pass thrown his way.

And for the record, I think TO will be gone after this year as well. He's not going to last through another coaching change. I think TO is just pissed off, because he knew this year was their best chances of getting to the SB, and here they are fighting for a wild card spot. TO's not stupid. A bit immature from time to time, but not stupid. He knows his window is getting smaller.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement