Commentary: OU didnít stoop as low as some feel - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe
 
unkoricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The C
Posts: 3,227
Commentary: OU didnít stoop as low as some feel

Commentary: OU didnít stoop as low as some feel

By JEROME SOLOMON Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle
Dec. 8, 2008

Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops and his Sooners aren't as bad as some have made them out to be.

Bob Stoops spat out his hot dog, threw his apple pie out the window and told the other Communist Party leaders that the American way of life didnít suit him.

After setting fire to a Texas flag, he and his evil stepbrother Lucifer concocted a plan to get Oklahoma into the BCS national championship game.

Sportsmanship be damned, they decided, the Sooners needed to score 60 points a game to convince the world it was better than the team it lost to on the field.

Thatís the UT fan story ó at least the whiny nuts calling radio talk shows and flooding my e-mail inbox ó and theyíre sticking to it. No matter how ridiculous it is.

Yeah Sam Bradford threw into the end zone with less than five minutes left and OU ahead 55-21 against Missouri in the Big 12 Championship Game. But this was a title game with a trip to the national championship on the line, not some early-season tilt against an over-matched, lower-level squad.

ďIf you canít get into a championship game and play to the end with all thatís been talked about this week about us, then Iím sorry,Ē Stoops said, ďbut weíre going to play to the end.Ē

Sorry? No need to apologize, coach.

Blame sportswriters. Weíre the ones who said you didnít belong in that game (and you didnít), yet weíre impressed with your ability to run it up at will.

If youíre not impressed with what OU has done of late, youíre looking at the world through orange-colored blinders.

Do you really believe that Oklahoma scoring points late in a football game is an affront to all humanity, or are you just upset that it wasnít the Longhorns scoring all those points?

Were you actually disgusted that Bradford was slinging the football downfield with less than five minutes left against Missouri and might win the Heisman, or are you just upset that Colt McCoy wasnít and might not?

6-1 in Big 12 titles

Itís difficult for you to accept that Stoops has won six Big 12 Conference championships since he arrived in Norman 10 seasons ago, while your sweetheart of an angel do-gooder Mack Brown has won only one, but donít hate ó congratulate.

Oklahoma has scored more points this season than any team in the modern era. Its current run of five straight games with 60 or more points is another modern-era mark.

Those impressive numbers do not mean they are running up scores.

Running up the score is relative. Its definition depends on who you claim as relatives.

You can find instances of Brown running up the score or rubbing opponentsí noses in it that are worse than anything Stoops did this season.

He once allowed his quarterback to throw six straight passes with a 40-point lead and less than five minutes left in a game. He once had his quarterback throw and complete a bomb with 1:22 left and a 48-0 edge. Good thing that receiver was tackled on the 5-yard line, forcing a throw into the end zone with less than 10 seconds remaining.

Is that not running it up? Or is that not running it up as long as that is the backup quarterback?

Doesnít make Brown a bad guy. It is what it is.

But Brown hasnít said OU has been running up scores, only that he wouldnít do it to sway the BCS. That is admirable.

Stoops hasnít been running up scores either, Texas fans.

Before outscoring Missouri 21-7 Saturday, OU had been outscored in the fourth quarter this season.

As for poor sportsmanship during this record streak, the Sooners scored a whopping zero points in the fourth quarter against Nebraska and matched that with another in-your-face zero in the final period against Texas A&M to start the streak with 62-28 and 66-28 wins, respectively.

They matched Tech with just seven points in the fourth period in a 65-21 victory.

Now Oklahoma did score 24 fourth-quarter points against Oklahoma State, but it had only a three-point lead with 11 minutes left on the road against the 11th-ranked Cowboys.

The 60-point streak could easily have been six straight games. The Sooners scored only three points in the entire second half of their 58-35 win over Kansas State just before the streak began.

Sooner, not later

So, again, when did OU run up the score?

Oh, in the first quarter when they have outscored opponents 225-30. Stop it, Sooners.

What is running up the score anyway? Is it when you pass the ball with a big lead? Is it when you throw touchdown passes with a big fourth-quarter lead? Is it when you have your starters in the game with a huge fourth-quarter lead?

I once asked Mike Leach about running up the score, and he answered my question with a question: ďWhatís that?Ē

How does it go? Like pornography, you know it when you see it? (Weíll take John Jenkins for a thousand, Alex.)

I guess with Stoops, if you look hard enough through certain colored glasses you can see it too.

[email protected]
unkoricky is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Randy, I don't EVER want to hear this argument coming from you. Take your 'running up the score,' and shove it where the sun don't shine.
bcoop is offline  
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,023
Amen.

'07 350Z
'90 Firebird Formula
elzoro is offline  
 
post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe
 
unkoricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The C
Posts: 3,227
"Men lie, Women lie, Number's don't"

Quote:
Oklahoma Texas Scoring by Quarter
And opponents scoring

OU/Opponent UT/Opponent
1 215/30 104/28
2 203/113 173/81
3 150/91 138/56
4 72/78 115/61

Here are the FACTS:

Oklahoma "blow-out" games:

Chattanooga (57-2), 4th quarter points - 0
Cincinnati (52-26), 4th quarter points - 10
Washington (55-14), 4th quarter points - 7
TCU (35-10), 4th quarter points - 0
Baylor (49-17), 4th quarter points - 7
KState (58-35), 4th quarter points - 3
Nebraska (62-28), 4th quarter points - 0
A&M (66-28), 4th quarter points - 0
Tech (65-21), 4th quarter points - 7

Total OU 4th quarter points: 34 (3.7 points per game) This was before B12 CCG

Texas "blow-out" games:

Florida Atlantic (52-10), 4th quarter points - 10
UTEP (42-13), 4th quarter points - 14
Rice (52-10), 4th quarter points - 14
Arkansas (52-10), 4th quarter points - 7
@Colorado (38-14), 4th quarter points - 3
Missouri (56-31), 4th quarter points - 14
Baylor (45-21), 4th quarter points - 3
Kansas (35-7), 4th quarter points - 0
A&M (49-9), 4th quarter points - 21

Total Texas 4th quarter points: 86 (9.5 points per game)

Texas is scoring almost 3 times as many points, on average, in the 4th quarter of blow-out games

OU has scored 0 4th quarter points 4 times - Texas has only done that once

OU's "worst" sportsmanship win? 10 4th quarter points over BCS bowl team Cincinnati.

Texas' worst sportsmanship win? 21 4th quarter points over unranked A&M.

Even with 52 more "bad sportsmanship" points, the Texas margin of victory over its opponents (304) is still less than OU's margin of victory over its opponents (342).

In the 9 blow-outs, Oklahoma scored 499 points and Texas scored 421 points... However, Texas got a much higher percentage of their points late in those games.

OU's 1st half/2nd half scoring is 71%/29% with only 7% of the score total in the 4th quarter.

Texas' 1st half/2nd half scoring is 55%/45% with 20% of the score total in the 4th quarter.

Here is it quarter by quarter:

OU 1st quarter: 39%, 2nd quarter: 32%, third quarter: 23%, 4th quarter: 7%

UT 1st quarter: 22%, 2nd quarter: 32%, third quarter: 25%, 4th quarter: 20%

Those numbers are clear. In blow-outs, OU has been scoring early (71% of points are in the first half), and then easing off in the 2nd half.

Texas, on the other hand, has been scoring almost as many 4th quarter points as they have 1st quarter points during blow-outs.

Now, let's look at the quarterback playing time. During the 9 blow-outs, Bradford has sat the entire 4th quarter 4 times (Chattanooga, Washington, Nebraska, & A&M). McCoy has sat the entire 4th quarter only twice: Rice and Arkansas.

Bradford has more 4th quarter minutes: 34 minutes, 9 seconds (3.8 4th Q minutes per game) vs. McCoy's 24 minutes, 7 seconds (2.7 4th Q minutes per game), but they had the exact same number of 4th quarter possessions (9), and McCoy's drives resulted in more scoring (34 points) than did Bradford's (27 points).

Since Bradford got benched in the 3rd 4 times, and McCoy only twice, McCoy actually had more overall playing time in Texas's 9 blow-outs. Bradford sat for 17 minutes 43 seconds of 3rd quarter time, and McCoy only sat for 5 minutes and 26 seconds, so overall, McCoy actually played 1 minute 34 seconds more than Bradford - basically even
unkoricky is offline  
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: San Antonio a.k.a hell in the summer time
Posts: 1,197
OU is a badass team there's no argument about that, but they still lost to Texas on a neutral field. All the BCS bullshit will never convince me they should be ranked higher than Texas. I know rules are rules, but everyone who lives in the real world knows who should have played mizzou.
robrayLX is offline  
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrayLX
I know rules are rules, but everyone who lives in the real world knows who should have played mizzou.


You're right. OU should have played Mizzou, and they did. Hands down, without a doubt OU is the better team RIGHT NOW.


If anything, this just further proves how much a late season loss will kill a team. OU lost early in the season. Early season losses don't hurt you as much as the late season losses. Just ask UF. Or Tech even.


I'm sorry you keep forgetting about that pesky loss to Tech. I'd try to forget about it too.
bcoop is offline  
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrayLX
OU is a badass team there's no argument about that, but they still lost to Texas on a neutral field. All the BCS bullshit will never convince me they should be ranked higher than Texas. I know rules are rules, but everyone who lives in the real world knows who should have played mizzou.
i guess tech should have been ranked ahead of everyone then?i sure wish a playoff system was in effect.atleast someone would be right.lol.depending on who you are a fan of depends on who is right and wrong.

95 fobra-545 inch,400,neil chance,nos,bogarts,full suspension.
03 silver dodge 3500 crew cab single wheel 4X4 cummins 6speed:4" turbo back-no muffler,edge ez box,boost fooler,37/13.50/20's
the mex is offline  
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 02:33 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: San Antonio a.k.a hell in the summer time
Posts: 1,197
No, I didn't forget about the loss to Tech who barely beat the Horns, in Lubbock, even though Texas was outplayed most of the game. Nor did I forget about OUs asswhoopin of Tech, in Norman. You see where I'm going with this? I know home field advantage is not factored in, but it should be IMO. OU is playing good right now, but so is Texas. The bottom line is Texas still beat OU on a neutral field whether early or late in the season doesn't mean shit except to the assholes that run the bcs. OU fans seem to forget about that. OU squeeked in because a flawed system ranked them higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
You're right. OU should have played Mizzou, and they did. Hands down, without a doubt OU is the better team RIGHT NOW.


If anything, this just further proves how much a late season loss will kill a team. OU lost early in the season. Early season losses don't hurt you as much as the late season losses. Just ask UF. Or Tech even.


I'm sorry you keep forgetting about that pesky loss to Tech. I'd try to forget about it too.
robrayLX is offline  
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 03:30 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
You're right. OU should have played Mizzou, and they did. Hands down, without a doubt OU is the better team RIGHT NOW.




I still don't see how you can prove this. They were blowing teams out before the loss to UT and then after the loss. And don't give me this "but so and so got hurt" bullshit either.


oh and on the colum, just because it was a title game doesn't make throwing into the endzone up by 40 more right than it not being a title game. I don't care how stoops tries to spin it, there was no need. And when asked after the game if it was important to the team if they scored 60 or not ,he says "no, i don't think it was that important" which was bullshit considering right after that Bradford was asked the same thing and replied "yeah, i think it was important to our team....."

somebody was lying
bert89coupe is offline  
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
I still don't see how you can prove this. They were blowing teams out before the loss to UT and then after the loss. And don't give me this "but so and so got hurt" bullshit either.


oh and on the colum, just because it was a title game doesn't make throwing into the endzone up by 40 more right than it not being a title game. I don't care how stoops tries to spin it, there was no need. And when asked after the game if it was important to the team if they scored 60 or not ,he says "no, i don't think it was that important" which was bullshit considering right after that Bradford was asked the same thing and replied "yeah, i think it was important to our team....."

somebody was lying

This is really all I can do for you. Here you go. Help yourself.

Last edited by bcoop; 05-20-2010 at 09:38 AM.
bcoop is offline  
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
WRONG!

The bottom line is that there was a 3 way tie because Tech beat Texas. I am starting to think staring at Burnt Orange for too long makes you go dumb!


It's that hippie Austin mentality.


It's not fair. It's never fair. It's never UT's fault. Just ask them!


This year, the BCS is bullshit. Last year, they were all ready to kill Colt themselves, along with the OC.

Every year, it's a different excuse. And every excuse, is never their fault.
bcoop is offline  
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: San Antonio a.k.a hell in the summer time
Posts: 1,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
I sear, I have never seen a group of just big fucking cry baby's and dumb asses before. They make me think that even if I hadn't been an OU fan since I could walk, I would hate Texas anyway because of their fans.
All you dumbfucks still haven't given me a real world logical explanation of why A team, OU, is ranked higher than a team they got beat by, Texas, on a completely neutral field. Please explain the logic.
robrayLX is offline  
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrayLX
All you dumbfucks still haven't given me a real world logical explanation of why A team, OU, is ranked higher than a team they got beat by, Texas, on a completely neutral field. Please explain the logic.


It's really not that difficult. When Tech beat TX, Tech jumped OU in the rankings. When OU beat Tech, OU jumped Tech, therefore jumping TX.


It would take days to explain the BCS to you, and for some reason, I think you still wouldn't get it.


That's ok though. You keep crying. I'll keep smiling.
bcoop is offline  
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: San Antonio a.k.a hell in the summer time
Posts: 1,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
It's really not that difficult. When Tech beat TX, Tech jumped OU in the rankings. When OU beat Tech, OU jumped Tech, therefore jumping TX.


It would take days to explain the BCS to you, and for some reason, I think you still wouldn't get it.


That's ok though. You keep crying. I'll keep smiling.
I understand what you're saying. I just wish they would take into consideration the HUGE advantage of playing on your home field. OU is a great team, but Texas still beat them on a neutral field. I guess OU is still better than Texas even though they lost to them.
robrayLX is offline  
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bristow, OK
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrayLX
All you dumbfucks still haven't given me a real world logical explanation of why A team, OU, is ranked higher than a team they got beat by, Texas, on a completely neutral field. Please explain the logic.
Dude its simple if you lose late in the season(home,away, neutral it dont matter) then you can be ranked lower than a team that you beat earlier in the year. It's been that way even before the BCS and their computers.
OkieJoe is offline  
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 05:19 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bristow, OK
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrayLX
I understand what you're saying. I just wish they would take into consideration the HUGE advantage of playing on your home field. OU is a great team, but Texas still beat them on a neutral field. I guess OU is still better than Texas even though they lost to them.
I don't think location is factored in to the BCS just wins and losses and strength of schedule. So winning on a neutral field is the same as winning at home or on the road.
OkieJoe is offline  
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe
 
unkoricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The C
Posts: 3,227
It is pretty funny to see how much Texas fans whine.

Yeah you can tell me Stoops sucks in BCS games cause i can admit that or the fact Texas did beat OU.....Earlier in the season...

But it still doesn't solve the fact that majority of Texas fans here are cry babies.

I shall still wait for the UT fans who accused Stoops of running up the score.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
oh and on the colum, just because it was a title game doesn't make throwing into the endzone up by 40 more right than it not being a title game. I don't care how stoops tries to spin it, there was no need.
Stoops didnt need to run up the score? , if OU had beaten Missouri by 7 the media would have jumped into it saying UT beat them by 25 and that maybe the wrong team played in the Big 12 Championship...
unkoricky is offline  
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: San Antonio a.k.a hell in the summer time
Posts: 1,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieJoe
I don't think location is factored in to the BCS just wins and losses and strength of schedule. So winning on a neutral field is the same as winning at home or on the road.
You're right home field is not factored in, but it obviously makes a huge difference. I guess it is what it is though.
robrayLX is offline  
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 05:32 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: San Antonio a.k.a hell in the summer time
Posts: 1,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
It is pretty funny to see how much Texas fans whine.

Yeah you can tell me Stoops sucks in BCS games cause i can admit that or the fact Texas did beat OU.....Earlier in the season... But it still doesn't solve the fact that majority of Texas fans here are cry babies.
OU fans would cry like a fucking newborn if Texas went instead of them. Don't fool yourself.
robrayLX is offline  
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Randy, I don't EVER want to hear this argument coming from you. Take your 'running up the score,' and shove it where the sun don't shine.
I put out all the facts, and folks don't agree. It's cool. The hack wrote an article about it, so you know there's a shitload of people other than me saying it.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrayLX
OU fans would cry like a fucking newborn if Texas went instead of them. Don't fool yourself.
not i.i would blame it on the ut loss

95 fobra-545 inch,400,neil chance,nos,bogarts,full suspension.
03 silver dodge 3500 crew cab single wheel 4X4 cummins 6speed:4" turbo back-no muffler,edge ez box,boost fooler,37/13.50/20's
the mex is offline  
post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe
 
unkoricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The C
Posts: 3,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrayLX
OU fans would cry like a fucking newborn if Texas went instead of them. Don't fool yourself.
I think Tech fans would be more upset..

I'd be upset but i sure as hell wouldnt be crying about it.
unkoricky is offline  
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: San Antonio a.k.a hell in the summer time
Posts: 1,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
I think Tech fans would be more upset..

I'd be upset but i sure as hell wouldnt be crying about it.
I like tech, but they got the everliving shit kicked out of them by OU. There wouldn't be much of an argument even though it was on the road.
robrayLX is offline  
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: denton
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrayLX
All you dumbfucks still haven't given me a real world logical explanation of why A team, OU, is ranked higher than a team they got beat by, Texas, on a completely neutral field. Please explain the logic.
because with common opponents ou has the larger margin of victory, and proved that it can beat a ranked team at home or away.
sonicbluegt is offline  
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 12:39 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
This is really all I can do for you. Here you go. Help yourself.

who's crying? My point was if that was important to stoops to be the first team to score 60 five games in a row, then say so. Don't say it wasn't when everybody who was watching the game knew better, that's all.


BUT how did i know you would turn it around sense i'm a "whinny" texas fan
bert89coupe is offline  
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 12:42 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
It is pretty funny to see how much Texas fans whine.

Yeah you can tell me Stoops sucks in BCS games cause i can admit that or the fact Texas did beat OU.....Earlier in the season...

But it still doesn't solve the fact that majority of Texas fans here are cry babies.

I shall still wait for the UT fans who accused Stoops of running up the score.




Stoops didnt need to run up the score? , if OU had beaten Missouri by 7 the media would have jumped into it saying UT beat them by 25 and that maybe the wrong team played in the Big 12 Championship...

the media already was saying that the wrong team played in that game LOL The only reason they NEEDED that last score was to break the record, that's all i'm saying.
bert89coupe is offline  
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
who's crying?
Seriously? You, and every other UT fan on here. That's who...



Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
My point was if that was important to stoops to be the first team to score 60 five games in a row, then say so.
Who are you to say it was or wasn't important to Stoops? It may have been, it may not have been. Did you ever stop to think it might have been more important to the players, than it was to Stoops? Wait, I better quit with the rational thinking. You guys would get lost....



Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
Don't say it wasn't when everybody who was watching the game knew better, that's all.
LMFAO! The ONLY people I've EVER heard crying about the alleged 'running up of scores', is UT fans. Stop crying, and we'll stop feeling the need to defend INSANE talent. This very article proves that there was no 'running up of the score', but you sandy vag pussies are still fucking crying. There's no crying in football, you fucking woman.




Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
BUT how did i know you would turn it around sense i'm a "whinny" texas fan

Maybe it's because you UT nut suckers are the ones whining. Did you ever think if you shut the fuck up, we might stop feeling the need to defend what was done on the foothball field this year? Oh, shit. There I go with the logic and rational thinking again. I'll stop, just for you.
bcoop is offline  
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 02:04 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
The only reason they NEEDED that last score was to break the record, that's all i'm saying.


LMGDAO!!! That last score, was a run up the middle. So now it's OU's fault that the Mizzou defensive line left a hole big enough to drive a fucking school bus through? Get the fuck over it, crybaby.


Seriously, just give up. You're not going to win this.....


And are you really trying to base an opinion on the fucking media? Yeah, they never lie, they never have interests to protect, etc. Did you ride the short bus with the flavored windows to school today? Because if you didn't, you should have.
bcoop is offline  
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 02:12 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
LMGDAO!!! That last score, was a run up the middle. So now it's OU's fault that the Mizzou defensive line left a hole big enough to drive a fucking school bus through? Get the fuck over it, crybaby.


Seriously, just give up. You're not going to win this.....


And are you really trying to base an opinion on the fucking media? Yeah, they never lie, they never have interests to protect, etc. Did you ride the short bus with the flavored windows to school today? Because if you didn't, you should have.


look, cockbreath, i haven't been on here bitching and moaning about how texas should've been in the title game, that's fine with me. Just do like i'm going to and sit back and watch the epic choke job on jan. 8. I know i'll enjoy it.

the running play was fine, it was the two passing plays is what i was talking about before up there. And i also quoted Bradford earlier with him saying that it was important to the players, what's your point? You sure do sound defensive about all of this.
bert89coupe is offline  
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 02:20 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
look, cockbreath, i haven't been on here bitching and moaning about how texas should've been in the title game, that's fine with me. Just do like i'm going to and sit back and watch the epic choke job on jan. 8. I know i'll enjoy it.

the running play was fine, it was the two passing plays is what i was talking about before up there. And i also quoted Bradford earlier with him saying that it was important to the players, what's your point? You sure do sound defensive about all of this.

Go play in the highway. I'm done with you, and on block you go.



Damn. A bunch of you UT fans made it on my ignore list this year. You should be proud, you tearful fucking bitches.
bcoop is offline  
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Punkslapper
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Harleton, TX
Posts: 144
I'm a Longhorns fan who has been reading all the BS about the BCS and the rest of the UT/OU argument so I thought I'd add my .02.

First, let me say that the whole running up the score thing is ridiculous. The Horns and the Spooners weren't played Dallas Carter. These are conference opponents. Chokelahoma was playing for a championship. If Missouri didn't want 60+ hung on them, then they need to stop somebody. Nuff said.

Like it was stated in this thread before, earlier losses do not hurt you in the polls as bad as later losses. It has always been this way and will always be this way as long as polls decide championships instead of playoffs. An undefeated Auburn team got left out of the championship game a couple years back. The BCS sucks. Get over it.

There is no place for visors in football. I hope Heupel gets infantigo from all that nasty fingernail chewing. Tebow will run wild up the middle of the Spooner defense and the OU boys will cry about how all their linebackers were hurt while the Gators put half a hundred on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalInjection
It's both.......at 12 degress timming it's a street car, at 19 it's a racecar
BigDumbRedneck is offline  
post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 06:33 AM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
A bunch of you UT fans made it on my ignore list this year. You should be proud, you tearful fucking bitches.
Fuck you bitch.
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 10:52 AM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Go play in the highway. I'm done with you, and on block you go.



Damn. A bunch of you UT fans made it on my ignore list this year. You should be proud, you tearful fucking bitches.


so you can't see this? alright, fucking douchebag.
bert89coupe is offline  
post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 01:53 PM
Lifer
 
stacy532's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: lubbock,tx
Posts: 1,367
as far as a bcs game i think tech got hosed but after getting stomped the way we did against oklahoma i dont feel we deserve to be in the top 10... I think conference champs playing in the bcs should be ranked in the top 10 also to make the bcs games , hell one of them is ranked 19th or some crap...lol but im not going to spend all day crying about it the cotton bowl is a good bowl...

1995 cobra bolt ons red with black cloth 1.76 60'


13.27 at 102.83 6123' air ... in shop getting procharged d1sc canfield heads etc etc
stacy532 is offline  
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Lifer
 
LannyN9NE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Valley Ranch
Posts: 3,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrayLX
I understand what you're saying. I just wish they would take into consideration the HUGE advantage of playing on your home field. OU is a great team, but Texas still beat them on a neutral field. I guess OU is still better than Texas even though they lost to them.

As someone who isn't a fan of either I would say OU is a better team right now. The whole we beat them earlier in the season holds some weight but UT had their fate in their own hands and lost it so that is how it went for them. And just to throw it out there, a lesser team can beat a better team. I am not saying UT was a lesser team at that point but it can happen. Look at some of the losses to top 10 teams in the NFL this year. Do you really think St Louis is better than Dallas and Washington because they beat them? Are the Bengals even with Philly because they tied them? The list goes on just something to think about.
LannyN9NE is offline  
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 03:33 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE
As someone who isn't a fan of either I would say OU is a better team right now. The whole we beat them earlier in the season holds some weight but UT had their fate in their own hands and lost it so that is how it went for them. And just to throw it out there, a lesser team can beat a better team. I am not saying UT was a lesser team at that point but it can happen. Look at some of the losses to top 10 teams in the NFL this year. Do you really think St Louis is better than Dallas and Washington because they beat them? Are the Bengals even with Philly because they tied them? The list goes on just something to think about.
woah woah fuck this logic bull shit...

I've said this on here about 10 times and I'll say it one more time.

UT got screwed and I think should have been in the Big XII title game....

I honestly think OU is the better team and stands a better chance.
Nate is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome