My NFL Thoughts - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
HERE WE GO STEELERS
 
Geor!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HERE WE GO!!!
Posts: 18,685
My NFL Thoughts

So there's been talk of reducing preseason to two games and increasing the regular season to eighteen games. I think a lot of fans would be in favor of this happening. In light of last night's game, as well as the previous meeting with the Cowboys in 2004, which was also a good game, I propose that those two additional games be inter-conference games and that Steel and Dallas play each other every year, alternating stadiums each year. I think the rivalry of these two teams is one that needs to continue each year, instead of every four years, or when both teams make it to the big show the same year.


Last edited by Geor!; 12-08-2008 at 11:37 AM.
Geor! is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 11:27 AM
African Booty Scratcher
 
ELVIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Uranus
Posts: 13,150
go texans!!!!!!! woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
ELVIS is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,194
The NFL should go to a BCS format.
David is offline  
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by David
The NFL should go to a BCS format.
X2 imagine the Cowboy bias. It would be awesome!

1994 Cobra
1996 Accord
2005 Suzuki Quadsport Z-400
2003 Arctic Cat ZL-600 SS EFI Its a snowmobile!
RJDCobra is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 11:51 AM
What Can Brown Do For You
 
regaltip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,667
I like your idea because they do draw a lot of attention not just with fans, but TV ratings!
regaltip is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
So with pre-season and play-offs, were getting near 25 games. Get ready for a shit-load of injuries...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 7,548
i think that would be great. i think those guys get paid plenty as it is, a couple more game won't hurt. plus, most of those guys play in the preseason anyway, the last preseason game or 2

FTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jlyon is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Full tilt boogie !!
 
Txstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: out yonder way
Posts: 10,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor!
So there's been talk of reducing preseason to two games and increasing the regular season to eighteen games. I think a lot of fans would be in favor of this happening. In light of last night's game, as well as the previous meeting with the Cowboys in 2004, which was also a good game, I propose that those two additional games be inter-conference games and that Steel and Dallas play each other every year, alternating stadiums each year. I think the rivalry of these two teams is one that needs to continue each year, instead of every four years, or when both teams make it to the big show the same year.
I agree!!!

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.


Txstang1 is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Texas Rangers #1
 
Kenny_Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Funky Town
Posts: 10,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
So with pre-season and play-offs, were getting near 25 games. Get ready for a shit-load of injuries...
Play the same amount of games, just change from 4 preseason games to 2, and play 18 regular season games versus 16 currently.

.
Kenny_Stang is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 07:41 PM
ese mi rey...
 
chocho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: mexican click...
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txstang1
I agree!!!
x2...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoMoCoDriver View Post
No chinges con los cowboys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetfast50 View Post
Those who know me on a personal level, know i don't fuck around when it comes to making hp. I can make more horse power with a rock, stick, and a piece of twine then most of you could ever make in a life time.
chocho is offline  
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 11:37 PM
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS
 
milk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: OC BITCH!!
Posts: 6,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVIS
go texans!!!!!!! woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

god bless.

TEXANS?????????????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH LMMFAO are youy serious? You cant be right? Good one bro, you had me going.




MILK
milk is offline  
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 11:38 PM
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS
 
milk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: OC BITCH!!
Posts: 6,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor!
So there's been talk of reducing preseason to two games and increasing the regular season to eighteen games. I think a lot of fans would be in favor of this happening. In light of last night's game, as well as the previous meeting with the Cowboys in 2004, which was also a good game, I propose that those two additional games be inter-conference games and that Steel and Dallas play each other every year, alternating stadiums each year. I think the rivalry of these two teams is one that needs to continue each year, instead of every four years, or when both teams make it to the big show the same year.
^^^ agrees with the Steel Douch and his fake PM party invites. Bastard.


MILK
milk is offline  
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 09:49 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by milk
TEXANS?????????????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH LMMFAO are youy serious? You cant be right? Good one bro, you had me going.




MILK


I hope you're being sarcastic. The Texans are about two to three key defensive players away from being brutal.


They are STACKED on offense. They've got some of the best receivers in the league. Daniels is a beast, Johnson is a God, and Walter is no slouch, either. Slaton has been tearing teams up with the running game. Their problem is, that the D can't stop anyone.
bcoop is offline  
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 09:51 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_Stang
Play the same amount of games, just change from 4 preseason games to 2, and play 18 regular season games versus 16 currently.
Owners won't do it. Too much money in pre-season games.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Custom Title
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Hades who?
Posts: 16,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
I hope you're being sarcastic. The Texans are about two to three key defensive players away from being brutal.


They are STACKED on offense. They've got some of the best receivers in the league. Daniels is a beast, Johnson is a God, and Walter is no slouch, either. Slaton has been tearing teams up with the running game. Their problem is, that the D can't stop anyone.

And some stupid offenseive TO's at the most inopportune times!

They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time



Yellowstang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome