According to this website your Heisman is... - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe
 
unkoricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The C
Posts: 3,227
According to this website your Heisman is...

Colt McCoy
They are pretty accurate.. Congrats if he does win it this Saturday.
Crazy how we have 3 QBs from the Big 12 going.. could have been 4 if Boogers Daniels showed up in the important games.

http://www.stiffarmtrophy.com/
unkoricky is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 10:07 AM
BOOMER SOONER!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Posts: 1,368
im sure the Heisman voters feel they owe him a consulation prize.
BlueThunder99TA is offline  
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 10:11 AM
What Can Brown Do For You
 
regaltip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder99TA
im sure the Heisman voters feel they owe him a consulation prize.
ditto
regaltip is offline  
 
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
Colt McCoy
They are pretty accurate.. Congrats if he does win it this Saturday.
Crazy how we have 3 QBs from the Big 12 going.. could have been 4 if Boogers Daniels showed up in the important games.

http://www.stiffarmtrophy.com/
Everyone of you know's I'm a 'Horn's guy, but there are about four others that can make damn good argument's. Hell, 2 are from Tech (with Crabtree), and other than Tebow, all are Big 12 guys.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 12:09 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder99TA
im sure the Heisman voters feel they owe him a consulation prize.
well as much as UT has spent on the mccoy ads for the voters he should win.

Cartman is offline  
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
well as much as UT has spent on the mccoy ads for the voters he should win.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut



He's got a valid point.

The accouncers and media has been all over Colt's cock this year. Kinda like they were with VY. How'd that work out for them? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
bcoop is offline  
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop


He's got a valid point.

The accouncers and media has been all over Colt's cock this year. Kinda like they were with VY. How'd that work out for them? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
A National Championship wasn't too bad...and beat two Heisman winner's in the same backfield. National title>Heisman any day.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
A National Championship wasn't too bad...and beat two Heisman winner's in the same backfield. Naional title>Heisman any day.


I'm talking about all the hype about the player. Vince Young can't even be called a 'has been'. He's a 'never was.'
bcoop is offline  
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 01:00 PM
What Can Brown Do For You
 
regaltip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
A National Championship wasn't too bad...and beat two Heisman winner's in the same backfield. National title>Heisman any day.
Winning a Championship is far better than having a one man Heisman winner. Just like this year. I would trade Colts "Heisman" for a Championship.
regaltip is offline  
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
I'm talking about all the hype about the player. Vince Young can't even be called a 'has been'. He's a 'never was.'
Ah. Kind of like Matt Leinert?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 01:11 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Ah. Kind of like Matt Leinert?


And? That might hold a little water if I was a USC fan. But alas, I'm not. So it makes absolutely no sense.
bcoop is offline  
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
And? That might hold a little water if I was a USC fan. But alas, I'm not. So it makes absolutely no sense.
As a Heisman winner, he was touted a lot. Just proves there are a shit-ton of guys that don't cut it in the NFL...even the Heisman winners.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
not to defend VY, because I never thought he was that good, but how many Heisman winners have been productive since the mid-90's?

I would say 1, maybe 2 since Eddie George
Not very many. Bush is "OK", I guess. I really thought VY would be converted to a wide receiver. Call me crazy, but with his speed and height, why not? What works for college QB's, doesn't always work in the NFL.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe
 
unkoricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The C
Posts: 3,227
Seems like whoever wins the Heisman gets forgotten about or doesnt level much in the NFL.

Reggie Bush is a very good player in the NFL,not great but could be better though.
Jason White is probably waking up everyday with knee pains.
Matt Leinart is probably in Hollywood.
Troy Smith will be a backup for a while, could be a future starter.
Crouch was nothing but a system player
Ricky loves pot, was actually pretty good till he got high.
Ron Dayne is like a 3rd stringer now?
Charles Woodson was good.. now he's just old
Tim Tebow will create his own clothing line and not go to the NFL unless he decides to play TE.. JORTS

i know im missing a few..
unkoricky is offline  
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
Seems like whoever wins the Heisman gets forgotten about or doesnt level much in the NFL.

Reggie Bush is a very good player in the NFL,not great but could be better though.
Jason White is probably waking up everyday with knee pains.
Matt Leinart is probably in Hollywood.
Troy Smith will be a backup for a while, could be a future starter.
Crouch was nothing but a system player
Ricky loves pot, was actually pretty good till he got high.
Ron Dayne is like a 3rd stringer now?
Charles Woodson was good.. now he's just old
Tim Tebow will create his own clothing line and not go to the NFL unless he decides to play TE.. JORTS

i know im missing a few..
Then you have your Staubach's, Dorsett's, Marcus Allen, Barry Sanders, Earl Campbell, O'J., etc. You just never know.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 06:48 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn
 
ZYouL8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Laughlin AFB
Posts: 5,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
I'm talking about all the hype about the player. Vince Young can't even be called a 'has been'. He's a 'never was.'
Seriously? He's one of the top 5 greatest QBs to ever play college football. Do you disagree with that? I'm pretty sure we ARE talking about college football here so I don't see how VY was a "never was" in any respect.

Now if you're talking NFL, then that's a different story, but I'm pretty sure the Heisman doesn't go to the best NFL prospect. But none the less, I find it funny that you call VY a "never was" when he didn't even win the Heisman but did go on to start quite a few NFL games in his young career and win. If you want to talk Heisman winners that couldn't even make an NFL roster, let's talk Jason White.

ZYouL8R is offline  
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe
 
unkoricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The C
Posts: 3,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Then you have your Staubach's, Dorsett's, Marcus Allen, Barry Sanders, Earl Campbell, O'J., etc. You just never know.
true.. just thinkin about the recent heisman winners
unkoricky is offline  
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Clown
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: With the real El Chupacabra
Posts: 2,190
Though I am a Tech fan, I think that Colt deserves it.....I am hoping that Harrell finishes atleast 3rd.
J&T's 82 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome