Robert Galarga

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Giants down at the half. 10-7

lucky not 13-0

2004 pontiac gtslow
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 01:33 PM
I'm going Commando

philly trying to give the game away. Which winnAr is better for cowboys?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanB

Cowboys need NY to keep winning, and Philly to continue losing. Doesn't look like it's going to happen today.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 01:38 PM
dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanB
An Eagles loss would really put thier playoff possibilities out of reach. Them winning this game keeps them alive. If they keep this up game 16 against the cowboys will have meaning.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

I'm still in shock that Philly got this done. Guess the Burress incident has affected NY more than they will admit to.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 05:37 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I'm still in shock that Philly got this done. Guess the Burress incident has affected NY more than they will admit to.
How? Burress is a BS excuse, he wouldn't of been playing D like the Giants were most of the game. The Eagles are really the only people to blame for their woes this year. If they'd play with the same intensity as the last couple of games, they'd probably be where the Giants are. All of their games except for the Bal. game have been extremely close. They've just been suffering from shitty coaching and not really playing with any intensity.

But, no excuses..the Eagles just haven't been getting it done when it counts. A lot of it had to do with Andy's poor play calling this year in key moments.

Last edited by Grant; 12-07-2008 at 05:48 PM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 07:05 AM
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:

I always wonder how the hell people think sometimes. I hate Dallas with a fierce passion but I can call their games from a fans standpoint.

Up until the Cincinatti tie debacle....... Philly had 4 lossed by a COMBINED 19 points. Couldnt' score from teh 1 yard line in Chicago, Turned a ball over late in Dallas to possible go up 2 scores, couldnt'convert short yardage again against Washington and had about 10 opportunites to beat the Giants the first time around and faield there as well.

Philly now has a shot though. We need Atlanta to lose one more, then if Philly wins out they are IN!

We are half a game behind the Cowboys but still play them heads up last game of the season.

Crazy season, but the Eagles have finally balanced their attack with runnig and it is showing big time. Their defense is playing GREAT as well. Giants had a blocked FG for a TD and a late TD in garbage time. That's good work on the Eagles D! Going to be an exciting December.......

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecobra95
I always wonder how the hell people think sometimes.

Why? Have you watched a Philly game this year? They have been stagnant, until last week. Even in the wins, they didn't look like Philly of old. McNabb has been sucking wind. I don't know if it's the injury that's been holding Westbrook back, or what. But he's a non factor this year.

Besides those two, and Dawkins, what does Philly really have? Nada....
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Why? Have you watched a Philly game this year? They have been stagnant, until last week. Even in the wins, they didn't look like Philly of old. McNabb has been sucking wind. I don't know if it's the injury that's been holding Westbrook back, or what. But he's a non factor this year.

Besides those two, and Dawkins, what does Philly really have? Nada....

Man I don't think you watched anything but highlights of these games then. McNabb looked bad for a 2 game stretch and the O stalled a few times cause they couldn't run the ball. Cincy and Baltimore were 2 really bad games for McNabb.

Westbrook has been injured with a bad ankle sprain, in the Pittsburgh game and knee inflammation all season. he is finally getting a bit better, plus they are now CALLING more running plays.

Maybe you haven't seen Desean Jackson making a big impact at WR and Punt returns. Or Kevin Curtis coming back from a sports hernia surgery to start being effective again. The O line is now on their 3rd string RG. Pro Bowl Guard Shawn Andrews is out and Max Jean Gilles broke his leg on Thanksgiving night.

The Eagles D is 4th in the NFl in yards allowed and has 3 Pro bowl Corner backs. Asant Samuel is playing great and the young Linebacking core is holding their own. They also have a DE called Trent Cole who is a BEAST. They also are a top 5 team in sacks I believe.

They stalled a lot this year but liek I said, 4 of their losses were by a COMBINED 19 points. Tehy gave a few games away and had trouble all season not runnign the ball and gaining the short yards tehy needed in crucial times. It's no surprise to a lot of people they are playing well, they have a good team.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement