UF vs Bama - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
UF vs Bama

So far this game is off to a good start. I want UF to win but I think bama has a shot at winning.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 02:30 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
So far this game is off to a good start. I want UF to win but I think bama has a shot at winning.
Ya' think? Doesn't look like they play much defense in Alabama or Florida...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Ya' think? Doesn't look like they play much defense in Alabama or Florida...
This should be a good game Nick knows how to beat UF offense, but does he have the players to do it.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Texas Rangers #1

Excellent game so far. I hate Alabama only beacause of Nick Saban. He's a good coach but he's also a scumbag liar.

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Lifer

Think there's any Tebow nut-hugging going on? 'Bama ain't shit. I can't wait to see OU play them.

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Think there's any Tebow nut-hugging going on? 'Bama ain't shit. I can't wait to see OU play them.
So you want OU to end up in the Cotton Bowl then? That's the only place they'll go to play against 'Bama -- unless you think UT jumps OU because of a close game and plays Florida for the title. FWIW, neither 'Bama or Florida belong on the field with UT or OU. We saw the national championship game in Dallas earlier this year.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Lifer

I thought Bama was going to pull through, that face mask penalty when they stopped them in the 4th really hurt. It would have been a field goal attempt if they miss, Alabama would have been in the drivers seat for sure.

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl
So you want OU to end up in the Cotton Bowl then? That's the only place they'll go to play against 'Bama -- unless you think UT jumps OU because of a close game and plays Florida for the title. FWIW, neither 'Bama or Florida belong on the field with UT or OU. We saw the national championship game in Dallas earlier this year.

Please Florida can and will hang with OU or UT care to put money on it. I know Florida will win if they dont get fucked by the computers.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl
Texas has a bigger chance of winning the Big 12 title than Bama going to the Cotton Bowl. They'll be in the Sugar Bowl for sure.

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshscoupe
Please Florida can and will hang with OU or UT care to put money on it. I know Florida will win if they dont get fucked by the computers.
UT has no running game, UF's big weakness, OU does. It should be a good game, as long as the computers move UF up enough.

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

something i didn't know

The Sooners went into the matchup with Missouri trailing Hawaii’s 2006 record of 656 points by 16. Oklahoma scored 10 points in the first quarter against the Tigers, and broke the record 2:04 into the second on a 10-yard pass from Sam Bradford to Juaquin Iglesias.

The Sooners didn’t slow down after that, scoring three more touchdowns in the second quarter to lead 38-10 at halftime.

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Time Served

Quote:
UT has no running game, UF's big weakness, OU does. It should be a good game, as long as the computers move UF up enough.

Yes i know it will be a good game as for Ufs rushing defense they did damn good against the two top rushers in the SEC as well as they are in the top 20 in the NCAA and ahead of OUs leading rusher. But yes it should be a great game i was just stirring the pot and I wish UF could have played UT cause i think OU is the best team in the nation right now but the Gators are close.

UFs rushing d is actually ranked 12 in the nation thats pretty good.

Last edited by joshscoupe; 12-06-2008 at 08:33 PM.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshscoupe
I have confidence in Stoops' ability to lose another bowl game.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 09:44 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Quote:
Everyone was saying the same thing before the Texas-OU game, then Texas went on to rush for 150+ yards and hold OU to 40-something. But as we have learned, that game means nothing in the big scheme of things.

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
The Sooners went into the matchup with Missouri trailing Hawaii’s 2006 record of 656 points by 16. Oklahoma scored 10 points in the first quarter against the Tigers, and broke the record 2:04 into the second on a 10-yard pass from Sam Bradford to Juaquin Iglesias.

The Sooners didn’t slow down after that, scoring three more touchdowns in the second quarter to lead 38-10 at halftime.

You've got to keep in mind, they did all that with the star rusher out the ENTIRE game. Murray went out on the opening kick off.

If I'm not mistaken, EACH of the 2nd and 3rd string backs had 115+ and 3 tds.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
You've got to keep in mind, they did all that with the star rusher out the ENTIRE game. Murray went out on the opening kick off.

If I'm not mistaken, EACH of the 2nd and 3rd string backs had 115+ and 3 tds.
If it is OU and UF I really can't say who will win, UF is small on the line and are not as strong vs the rush. The reason they are so highly ranked is most teams they play are playing catch up that they have to throw the ball just to try and catch up.

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Lifer

Quote:
If it is OU and UF I really can't say who will win, UF is small on the line and are not as strong vs the rush. The reason they are so highly ranked is most teams they play are playing catch up that they have to throw the ball just to try and catch up.
I don't think OU will stop Florida's offense. Florida has speed on defense (like UT), and could be effective against OU's offense, as UT was. To me, points'-wise, it's a "pick 'em"...

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 08:41 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
Texas has a bigger chance of winning the Big 12 title than Bama going to the Cotton Bowl. They'll be in the Sugar Bowl for sure.
I know that. Someone posted higher up that they wanted OU to play 'Bama. There was only one way that was going to happen -- a Mizzou victory.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement