Cowboys Vs Steelers - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
AKA Kimbo

Cowboys Vs Steelers

Huge Game for us to prove to everyone that we are back to being a superbowl contender

Discuss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Lifer

Super bowl contenders? Far from it. Until they beat a good team with confindence and not struggle against sorry ass teams then yes they will be super bowl contenders.
post #3 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 01:55 PM
What Can Brown Do For You

I would say beating Pitt is going to make us SuperBowl contenders. I would say winning a playoff game would help and then we can talk. Remember this is a team that hasn't won a playoff game yet since 96.

post #4 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Full tilt boogie !!

One game at a time, but yes......I think we will beat Pitt.

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.

post #5 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by regaltip
I would say beating Pitt is going to make us SuperBowl contenders. I would say winning a playoff game would help and then we can talk. Remember this is a team that hasn't won a playoff game yet since 96.
Beating the steelers isn't going to make the cowboys a super bowl contender. They have to make it to the super bowl to be a contender.
post #6 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
Super bowl contenders? Far from it. Until they beat a good team with confindence and not struggle against sorry ass teams then yes they will be super bowl contenders.

Seriously, just fucking leave. Who the fuck have the Colts beat? NOBODY.

It's going to be a tough game. No MBIII, most likely. With Jones out, that only leaves us with Choice. They better make a move, and go nab that Keion Lattimore dude that they cut at the end of training camp. I'm still not so sure why they let him go. Sure, he's not perfect. But he showed above average ability and athleticism, IMO. Dallas has already placed Watkins on IR, to clear way for Pacman to get back on the roster. DeMarcus playing hurt worries me (see: field issues below).

The only thing I do know, is that it will be a low scoring game on both sides of the ball. The Steelers have the shittiest field in the NFL, and they just added a bunch of dirt for the college game they are hosting. You know how that worked out the last time they did that. The players couldn't move the ball and looked like they were trying to run through quick sand. I can't believe they were so stupid as to pull that shit again, and that the NFL actually allowed it.
post #7 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Beating the steelers isn't going to make the cowboys a super bowl contender. They have to make it to the super bowl to be a contender.
Well I meant to say it wouldn't... my typo...
post #8 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
AKA Kimbo

Quote:
wow
post #9 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Seriously, just fucking leave. Who the fuck have the Colts beat? NOBODY.

It's going to be a tough game. No MBIII, most likely. With Jones out, that only leaves us with Choice. They better make a move, and go nab that Keion Lattimore dude that they cut at the end of training camp. I'm still not so sure why they let him go. Sure, he's not perfect. But he showed above average ability and athleticism, IMO. Dallas has already placed Watkins on IR, to clear way for Pacman to get back on the roster. DeMarcus playing hurt worries me (see: field issues below).

The only thing I do know, is that it will be a low scoring game on both sides of the ball. The Steelers have the shittiest field in the NFL, and they just added a bunch of dirt for the college game they are hosting. You know how that worked out the last time they did that. The players couldn't move the ball and looked like they were trying to run through quick sand. I can't believe they were so stupid as to pull that shit again, and that the NFL actually allowed it.
Did I say anything about the colts going to the superbowl all season? No I havent. I doubt they will make it out of the first round or two. So fuck you. This thread is about your chokeboys not my colts. Also the colts have beaten the steelers at Pitt, the patriots, the chargers at SD (Where Rivers was 18-2 in his career at home) but yeah they havent beaten anyone.

Last edited by Badass2000gt; 12-03-2008 at 02:08 PM.
post #10 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
AKA Kimbo

beating a Pittsburgh Team on the road in more than likely shitty weather and even shittier field would send a message to the rest of the league that the cowboys are back to playing as one unit
post #11 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSSlow
beating a Pittsburgh Team on the road in more than likely shitty weather and even shittier field would send a message to the rest of the league that the cowboys are back to playing as one unit

Now I agree with that... but Superbowl is a lil aggressive... believe me bro I want a Superbowl real bad as do many other Cowboy fans! I want our days of dynasty back, but don't think we have the right coach in place for it.
post #12 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I hope it is shitty weather cause that field is the shits during bad weather. But yes it will change people opinions about the cowboys if they do win. Not mine. Until they win a playoff game or two then I might not call them the chokeboys anymore.
post #13 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
AKA Kimbo

Quote:
I hope it is shitty weather cause that field is the shits during bad weather. But yes it will change people opinions about the cowboys if they do win. Not mine. Until they win a playoff game or two then I might not call them the chokeboys anymore.
lol you kill me

but you dont aggravate me like that fag krazy kris
post #14 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:11 PM
Lifer

Quote:
lol you kill me

but you dont aggravate me like that fag krazy kris
Well its true though. I mean I dont see how people around dallas can talk about a superbowl when they havn't won a playoff game in 11 years.
post #15 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:13 PM
Lifer

I'm a little worried about the Steelers defense. They're fucking crazy. But with all the weapons we have, or as Seattle's coach put it, Romo's nuclear arsenal, I think we can pull off a win. I think a win against Pittsburg would give us even more momentum and motivation going into the following game against NYG and we could pull off an upset.

post #16 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:17 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

I'm making a jacking off motion with my injured right hand for all of you Cowboys cocksuckers talking about a Super Bowl when a lot of you don't even remember the last one they were in.

Just for the record, I hate every single one of you phony ass fans.

Super Bowl champions after two wins, worst team in the league after two losses. Make up your fucking minds.

post #17 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor!
I'm making a jacking off motion with my injured right hand for all of you Cowboys cocksuckers talking about a Super Bowl when a lot of you don't even remember the last one they were in.
The last one that they were in was against what team? Do you remember?
post #18 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Well its true though. I mean I dont see how people around dallas can talk about a superbowl when they havn't won a playoff game in 11 years.
Well I guess when your spoiled and that's what you want I don't see how you can't talk about it? I think every good team has an expectation to win it all if not then why watch the games or go to them? Your really going to have a problem with us Cowboy fans once we do win a Superbowl because we will rub it in your face that we have 6 and no one else does. So enjoy the talks of a Superbowl until we win one.
post #19 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:19 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
The last one that they were in was against what team? Do you remember?
Sure do.

How many rings do the Colts have? Shut your fucking mouth.

post #20 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
AKA Kimbo

Quote:

Super Bowl champions after two wins, worst team in the league after two losses. Make up your fucking minds.
bitter much?
post #21 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Did I say anything about the colts going to the superbowl all season? No I havent. I doubt they will make it out of the first round or two. So fuck you. This thread is about your chokeboys not my colts. Also the colts have beaten the steelers at Pitt, the patriots, the chargers at SD (Where Rivers was 18-2 in his career at home) but yeah they havent played anyone.

So what you're saying, is that the Dolts have played nobody... Right?

Pittsburgh is 9-3. How they've made it to that record, who knows. Prior to the performance vs NE, they were pathetic. How you can be pathetic and win, I'm not sure of. I just have to say that they're pathetic, because I hate the Steelers, and to get at Geof.

San Diego? Really? Are you reall bragging about beating a sorry ass team that's 4-8? Because there's no pride in that.... Not to mention, the Dolts only won that by 3. Ouch.

NE. Let's see. They're 7-5. They were 5-3 when Indy played them. A team that has struggled, up until recent weeks. A team that got blown out by Miami. A team that got blown out San Diego, who was 2-3 at the time they played. Oh, yeah. I think they only won that one by 3 as well. Double ouch.

Great arguments there. Really. I don't think I've ever heard such good arguments.

Last edited by bcoop; 12-03-2008 at 02:27 PM.
post #22 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:22 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
bitter much?
As fans, you (Cowboys "fans" in general) suck. Not bitterness, just an observation.

post #23 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Sure do.

Um I think a couple. I dont care how many the colts have but P. Mannin has one and that is all I care about. Hopefully he will get another one before he retires. But man Im on your side. I hope the steelers beat the cowboys cause I got 50 dollars on the steelers. And before any cowboy fans give me hell I have bet on the cowboys this year. I just dont want to lose any money this game.
post #24 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

Aww, we love you too. Not all of us are phony, cheesedick.

Quote:

You won't find me making any of those absurd claims. Nothing is going to stop me from being a Cowboys fan. But more and more, I'm starting to understand what you Cowboys haters mean when you talk shit about Cowboys fans. See: Original Post.

Fuck dude. Don't plan that parade just yet. There is still a LOT of football left to be played. If you can't talk it intelligently, then keep it shut.
post #25 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Is this calling all Cowboys fans phony or are you simply calling out the phony fans?

Going to the Thanksgiving game and being surrounded by other Cowboys fans made me realize how much I really hate my fellow Cowboys fans. For whatever reason, the Cowboys attract the scum of the Earth: the stupid, inbred, brainless fucks that make up most of the fanbase drive me nuts.

I was really confused as to how most of the people I saw at that game could afford to attend a game; there is no way 75% of the people at that game could hold a job paying more than $9 or $10 an hour.

post #26 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Lifer

Quote:
So what you're saying, is that the Dolts have played nobody... Right?

Pittsburgh is 9-3. How they've made it to that record, who knows. Prior to the performance vs NE, they were pathetic. How you can be pathetic and win, I'm not sure of. I just have to say that they're pathetic, because I hate the Steelers, and to get at Geof.

San Diego? Really? Are you reall bragging about beating a sorry ass team that's 4-8? Because there's no pride in that.... Not to mention, the Dolts only won that by 3. Ouch.

NE. Let's see. They're 7-5. They were 5-3 when Indy played them. A team that has struggled, up until recent weeks. A team that got blown out by Miami. A team that got blown out San Diego, who was 2-3 at the time they played.

Great arguments there. Really. I don't think I've ever heard such good arguments.
Wow I guess you didnt read the part about P. Rivers being 18-2 at home for his career. And have the colts lost to the rams? Nope. Well it be a close game against the begals who dallas barely beat and what cincy is 1-9-1. Nope cause the colts will kill them. Wow the cowboys are doing great this year. But yeah let's talk about the cowboys being superbowl contender.
post #27 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Sure do.

My point exactly! When you win 5 you get spoiled! It's a great feeling that the Colts won't ever feel. And if they do I can imagine how many more the Steelers and Cowboys will have by then!
post #28 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
AKA Kimbo

You won't find me making any of those absurd claims. Nothing is going to stop me from being a Cowboys fan. But more and more, I'm starting to understand what you Cowboys haters mean when you talk shit about Cowboys fans. See: Original Post.

Fuck dude. Don't plan that parade just yet. There is still a LOT of football left to be played. If you can't talk it intelligently, then keep it shut.[/QUOTE]

i really believe in the last 3 games we have gotten our swagger back... i believe that this game will show everyone that we are a super bowl contender if we get in the playoffs

if that means im being "absurd" then so be it
post #29 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Wow I guess you didnt read the part about P. Rivers being 18-2 at home for his career. And have the colts lost to the rams? Nope. Well it be a close game against the begals who dallas barely beat and what cincy is 1-9-1. Nope cause the colts will kill them. Wow the cowboys are doing great this year. But yeah let's talk about the cowboys being superbowl contender.

AM I THE ONE TALKING ABOUT A SUPER BOWL YOU INBRED, RETARDED FUCK? That's what I thought.

Jesus Fucking Christ. You're dumber than my wife's mentally retarded cousin. And no, I'm not fucking joking....
post #30 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:31 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
Is this calling all Cowboys fans phony or are you simply calling out the phony fans?

Going to the Thanksgiving game and being surrounded by other Cowboys fans made me realize how much I really hate my fellow Cowboys fans. For whatever reason, the Cowboys attract the scum of the Earth: the stupid, inbred, brainless fucks that make up most of the fanbase drive me nuts.

I was really confused as to how most of the people I saw at that game could afford to attend a game; there is no way 75% of the people at that game could hold a job paying more than $9 or $10 an hour.
Calling out the phony fans which, I believe, consists of about 60% of the fan base.

post #31 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Calling out the phony fans, which, I believe consists of about 60% of the fan base.
60% sounds low to me. Way low.

post #32 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Lifer

Quote:
My point exactly! When you win 5 you get spoiled! It's a great feeling that the Colts won't ever feel. And if they do I can imagine how many more the Steelers and Cowboys will have by then!
Im not a diehard colts fan. Im a Peyton Manning fan. And how many playoff games have the colts won since P. Manning been there compare to dallas? How many superbowl have they won compare to dallas since P. Mannings been there. Ok so P. Manning has better playoff numbers and superbowl numbers then the cowboys since he has been in the NFL. Once P. Manning retires Im probably wont pay that much attention to the colts. I will just be a football fan in general.
post #33 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Lifer

This will be a key game for the Boys to secure a playoff spot. I think Big Ben might be spending a lot of time on his back or throwing it to the other team. They need to protect Romo I don't think the Pitts. D has seen two recievers like T.O. and Roy W. If we win the turn over ratio I don't think Pitts. could score enough points. I know they just scored a lot on NE but they played like ass. This is still the same team that scored 11 on SD at home.

post #34 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Lifer

Quote:
AM I THE ONE TALKING ABOUT A SUPER BOWL YOU INBRED, RETARDED FUCK? That's what I thought.

Jesus Fucking Christ. You're dumber than my wife's mentally retarded cousin. And no, I'm not fucking joking....
No I wasnt saying you were talking about superbowl you unorginal bastard. You call people the same fucking names. Come up with some other insults besides retard and inbred.
post #35 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Lifer

Bottom line:

Fuck the Steelers...

Steelers bring your shit & we will bring ours

May the best team win....
post #36 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
No I wasnt saying you were talking about superbowl you unorginal bastard. You call people the same fucking names. Come up with some other insults besides retard and inbred.

Maybe you should try not being retarded. Or inbred. Oh, and get yourself an education, illiterate fuck.
post #37 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:44 PM
African Booty Scratcher

Quote:

i love geor in a non homo way.

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #38 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVIS
i love geor in a non homo way.

god bless.
b/c any other way would be Gay!
post #39 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:51 PM
African Booty Scratcher

Quote:
b/c any other way would be Gay!
fo sho!!

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #40 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Genetically Blessed

Ours will be a house divided come Sunday afternoon.
post #41 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 03:17 PM
Robert Galarga

17 dallas
14 steelers

close game all day!!
that is what i hope to see

2004 pontiac gtslow
post #42 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 05:36 PM
yes, jluv

I have no love for the Steelers. The Cowboys have not lived up to the expectations so far this year, but I am still a fan. Have been since birth and always will be. As overrated as I think the Steelers are, a win up there would still be huge. I really do think it will happen, too. And that could very well put the Boys back in this season with at least hopes for the Superbowl. It's obviously still a long road.

A loss in Pittsburgh would be catastrophic, imo. I'd still be a diehard fan, though!

And I don't care what some of y'all think. To me, one of those "shitty" Cowboys fans is still light years better than any fan of Philly, Washington, or Pittsburgh.
post #43 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 05:43 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Pittsburgh is overrated as fuck but a Cowboys win would be huge? Jesus H. Christ, you're a dumbass.

Pittsburgh has some questions on the offensive side of the ball, but to call them overrated when you look at the stats is like saying water is not wet or fire is not hot.

Both teams are good, and it will be a good game. Leave it at that, or stick to childish insults like "Pittsburgh sucks!" or "Fuck the Steelers!"

Guess I'm in here "crying" again, right Jared?

post #44 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
I have no love for the Steelers. The Cowboys have not lived up to the expectations so far this year, but I am still a fan. Have been since birth and always will be. As overrated as I think the Steelers are, a win up there would still be huge. I really do think it will happen, too. And that could very well put the Boys back in this season with at least hopes for the Superbowl. It's obviously still a long road.

A loss in Pittsburgh would be catastrophic, imo. I'd still be a diehard fan, though!

And I don't care what some of y'all think. To me, one of those "shitty" Cowboys fans is still light years better than any fan of Philly, Washington, or Pittsburgh.
Whoa, there. Pitt is playing some of the best D in the league. Their offense is laughably hysterical but as a Cowboy's fan you should be very scared of their defense. Since coming back Romo hasn't faced anything even remotely resembling a defense and Pittsburgh could prove to be a hurdle too tall for him to climb at this point.

And before going to last week's game I would have agreed with your assessment of Cowboys fans, but they're on the exact same level as the rest of the scum of the NFC. Really disappointing.

post #45 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

Nah. Crying is what Wortlessboogereater did when he wrecked his motor scooter with no helmet on.
post #46 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
No, you're entirely correct.

post #47 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 05:47 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Nah. Crying is what Wortlessboogereater did when he wrecked his motor scooter with no helmet on.
I lol'd. Hard. I lost what little respect I had for that dude after that.

post #48 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 06:04 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

This will be a good test game for them for sure. On the road... against a great defense. If they pull it out then its on to play New York on our turf. 2 critical games. I say 3-1 in order to go to the playoffs. Anything less and its mediocre
post #49 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 06:18 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Pittsburgh is overrated as fuck but a Cowboys win would be huge? Jesus H. Christ, you're a dumbass.
Really? "Dumbass"?

Why is it so hard for you to comprehend what I said?

"As overrated as I think the Steelers are, a win up there would still be huge."

That means that yes, I think the Steelers are overrated. Horrible? No. They have a great defense. But I still believe they are overrated (by people like you, mostly).

But did you miss the part where I acknowledged that the Cowboys haven't been playing well this year? Do you have a clue what the playoff situation is in the NFC right now? The past two wins were necessary, but not nearly as big as this one. To beat two sorry ass teams and lose to Pittsburgh would just prove all of the naysayers, haters, and giver-uppers right. To top it off with a third win in a row over a team that is obviously on a much higher level than San Fran or Seattle, and to do it in Pittsburgh in shitty weather - YES, that would be huge.

Do you assume that because I feel a team is overrated that it means they are terrible (the likes of San Fran, Seattle, Cinci, etc)? Do you assume that if a team is overrated that a win against them by any team can't possibly be huge for that team? You'd be wrong both ways. And I'm the dumbass?

Quote:
Pittsburgh has some questions on the offensive side of the ball, but to call them overrated when you look at the stats is like saying water is not wet or fire is not hot.
Bullshit. A "decent" team that people put on a huge pedestal as "incredible" is an overrated team. You may think that they are incredible. You may not agree that they are in the slightest bit overrated. But that's your opinion. Comparing that to water being wet is absurd.

Quote:
Both teams are good, and it will be a good game. Leave it at that, or stick to childish insults like "Pittsburgh sucks!" or "Fuck the Steelers!"
Leave it at that? Childish insults? Didn't you just call me a dumbass a minute ago? I know how to behave like an adult. I know it's okay to have allegiance to a team and have strong differing opinions when it comes to sports. Do you?

See Geof, we could meet up some day and me in my Cowboys gear and you in your Steelers gear, and we could sit and debate/argue/roll our eyes/laugh, etc about the teams we love. That's healthy man shit. But for you to start calling me a dumbass just fucks it all up. Calling someone a dumbass when it's obvious they are is one thing. We all do it to the resident clowns when appropriate. But you know I'm not a dumbass. And over some sports talk? You've got some growing up to do. I'm not an aggressive guy, but I'll call you out on the dumbass thing should we ever meet. You'll have egg on your face, bud.

Again, I wonder what it is I said that made you feel like you needed to take it there.

Quote:
Yes, absolutely.
post #50 of 355 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Time Served

Quote:

I do.... All I need to say is Neil O'Donnell QB for Pittsburgh
Larry Brown MVP

I am a cowboys fan, but they need to prove they are super bowl contenders...
If they beat the steelers it would show that they are serious
Sponsored Links
Advertisement