Big 12 to reassess divisional championship tiebreaker - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Big 12 to reassess divisional championship tiebreaker

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3739466
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Lifer

OU won the thing. Leave it alone. I think they (powers-that-be) did the best they could to determine who advanced. There's not a realistic argument with the way it turned out, so leave it be.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
OU won the thing. Leave it alone. I think they (powers-that-be) did the best they could to determine who advanced. There's not a realistic argument with the way it turned out, so leave it be.
Hey go fuck off. This thread has nothing mentioned about any team or game from this year.

post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94StangFiveO
Hey go fuck off. This thread has nothing mentioned about any team or game from this year.
Fuck you, cockbite. If it hadn't been OU and UT, it would not have been an issue. I'm a UT fan, and even I think they should leave it alone. What's your problem?

post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:36 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Fuck you, cockbite. If it hadn't been OU and UT, it would not have been an issue. I'm a UT fan, and even I think they should leave it alone. What's your problem?
Eh, I see no problem with it. Reassessment is never a bad idea, and even the commissioner says that it needs to be approached with a level head without jumping to conclusions. The article said this.

He's right, whenever a tie arises there will always be a disappointed team(s). However, if they can think tank a better way to do it -- I'd be interested to hear it.
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
This isn't a UT/OU thread and you try to make it one. It's about the Big 12 and yes, it's an issue no matter which team was to win it.
post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

"There is still a lot of football to be played," Beebe said. "I feel terribly for the teams that are disappointed. If you win all of your games you don't have to worry about this scenario."

Win all of your games or SFTU. Just like anything leave it to the Jury/ judge/ voters and this is what you get.

post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamin363
"There is still a lot of football to be played," Beebe said. "I feel terribly for the teams that are disappointed. If you win all of your games you don't have to worry about this scenario."

Win all of your games or SFTU. Just like anything leave it to the Jury/ judge/ voters and this is what you get.
Just like in MMA.
post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Lifer

Quote:
This isn't a UT/OU thread and you try to make it one. It's about the Big 12 and yes, it's an issue no matter which team was to win it.
So I posted a response you didn't like, and you see what your reply was? Don't start a thread if you don't want a response that just might not agree with your opinion.
If it didn't involve those two "big money", highly touted teams, it wouldn't be an issue.

post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

I just love it when OU puts Macs panties up around his head and them watches him run around completely blind.

post #11 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
So I posted a response you didn't like, and you see what your reply was? Don't start a thread if you don't want a response that just might not agree with your opinion.
If it didn't involve those two "big money", highly touted teams, it wouldn't be an issue.
I didn't state an opinion. You want to go argue/debate my opinion go jump in the other threads where I've stated them.
The reason this issue involves these teams is because none of the other conferences have this sort of tie breaker. Also, none of the other teams in the Big 12 South have ever really given the two powerhouses a good run for their money. It's just one of those years.
post #12 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:52 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamin363
I just love it when OU puts Macs panties up around his head and them watches him run around completely blind.
OU wears Mac panties?

post #13 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:53 PM
What Can Brown Do For You

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
OU wears Mac panties?

LOL!!!
post #14 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I didn't state an opinion. You want to go argue/debate my opinion go jump in the other threads where I've stated them.
The reason this issue involves these teams is because none of the other conferences have this sort of tie breaker. Also, none of the other teams in the Big 12 South have ever really given the two powerhouses a good run for their money. It's just one of those years.
I didn't argue. I said leave it alone. If you didn't have an opinion, why would you care what mine is?

post #15 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
I didn't argue. I said leave it alone. If you didn't have an opinion, why would you care what mine is?
I don't.
post #16 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Never settle always excel

Quote:

WOW, I take it you are a UT fan?
post #17 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:02 PM

Time to kiss and make up!
post #18 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
WOW, I take it you are a UT fan?
Doesn't matter what I am. I'm just glad I'm not an Aggie fan.
post #19 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Doesn't matter what I am. I'm just glad I'm not an Aggie fan.
Ouch!... Do I hear a fight a coming ProTrash?
post #20 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by regaltip
So he can tell me all about tradition and how he's such a great teacher? Save it for the newbs.
post #21 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:11 PM

Quote:
So he can tell me all about tradition and how he's such a great teacher? Save it for the newbs.

Oh I know I've been around enough to remember those days! Same with Hook'em!
post #22 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3739466

That faggot cock sucker Mack finally got someone's ear, I see. For the love of God, he should really stop crying like the little bitch he is. There is something to be said for pride, you know....

Should changes occur? Yes. Should the Big XII conform to every other conference? Nope. Playoff, playoff, playoff. This year proved a need for it more than any other. Mack's just being as much of a sore loser as the OP is.

Hang on, let me call the WAAAMBULANCE for all you butthurt pussies.
post #23 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
That faggot cock sucker Mack finally got someone's ear, I see. For the love of God, he should really stop crying like the little bitch he is. There is something to be said for pride, you know....

Should changes occur? Yes. Should the Big XII conform to every other conference? Nope. Playoff, playoff, playoff. This year proved a need for it more than any other. Mack's just being as much of a sore loser as the OP is.

Get ready to ride along with me after I smash your fucking face in. Chokelahoma's nuts not enough to swing off of, you have to come try and jump on mine?
post #24 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
LOL nope I am non confrontational, you know that.
post #25 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Get ready to ride along with me after I smash your fucking face in.
LOL! Anytime, Nancy. Anytime.

Quote:
Chokelahoma's nuts not enough to swing off of, you have to come try and jump on mine?

So, let me get this straight. You come on here, butt hurt like your life is over, whining like a little bitch. I call you on it. Now, I'm somehow swinging from your nuts? Wouldn't you have to have a pair, for that to be possible? Just sayin...
post #26 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Actually I am a Vice Principal now, I was not a great teacher, I was on okay teacher, but I am a great Vice Principal, LOL. Speaking of that I have to get back to work.
post #27 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Actually I am a Vice Principal now, I was not a great teacher, I was on okay teacher, but I am a great Vice Principal, LOL. Speaking of that I have to get back to work.
Congrats! No shame in that.
post #28 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
LOL! Anytime, Nancy. Anytime.

So, let me get this straight. You come on here, butt hurt like your life is over, whining like a little bitch. I call you on it. Now, I'm somehow swinging from your nuts? Wouldn't you have to have a pair, for that to be possible? Just sayin...
You're a fucking moron. Yeah, care to follow me around anymore? I'll just send you a PM every time I post so you can keep swinging.
post #29 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
You're a fucking moron. Yeah, care to follow me around anymore? I'll just send you a PM every time I post so you can keep swinging.

LOL! You're a fucking retard. You make a post in the Sports Forum, where I spend the majority of my time. And I'm following you around? Don't flatter yourself. This is the gayest argument in the history of the internet. "Stop following me around". LMFAO! Seriously? Like I have nothing better do to than follow you around, and search for every post you make? I mean, you should have been aborted and all, but I assure you I don't give that much of a shit.
post #30 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

This comment cracked me up.

"Let's say that the eighth-ranked team in the BCS is in the same division as the third-ranked," Beebe said. "If the eighth-ranked team beat the third-ranked team on a last-second play at home, sending the eighth-ranked team, that would defeat the purpose of trying to send the team with the best chance of winning a national championship."

Why do people think that the team that loses has the better chance of winning a national championship? If Team B (the lower ranked BCS team) is good enough to beat Team A (the higher ranked but loser to Team B) in the season, what makes someone think that Team B couldn't win a national championship with one full month to prepare? That's a stupid comment. Use this year's example (not for an argument over who should go). Does anyone really believe that UT won't have just as good of a chance at winning the MNC as Oklahoma? Both teams are outstanding. OU has a little more offensive firepower while UT is a better defensive club. They're basically a push save for that one day (don't make this an argument people. It's not the point here.). I just don't understand this pattern of thinking by people. Any team ranked say in the top 8 of the BCS is capable of beating the #1 team on a neutral site with a month to prepare.

FWIW, I'd practically bet my paycheck that the Big 12 will change the tiebreaker to match the other conferences.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
post #31 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
LOL! You're a fucking retard. You make a post in the Sports Forum, where I spend the majority of my time. And I'm following you around? Don't flatter yourself. This is the gayest argument in the history of the internet. "Stop following me around". LMFAO! Seriously? Like I have nothing better do to than follow you around, and search for every post you make? I mean, you should have been aborted and all, but I assure you I don't give that much of a shit.
Apparently you don't have anything better to do if you spend majority your time on here. I'm here once or twice a week when I'm not working. Get a life, you wannabe Kirk Herbstreit.
post #32 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Get a life, you wannabe Kirk Herbstreit.
Damn that made me laugh!
post #33 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:21 PM
BANNED

I don't really follow the college football ranking at all but this seems like a no brainer:

"Despite identical records and a loss to Texas, Oklahoma advanced to the Big 12 championship game in Kansas City because the Sooners are ranked higher in the BCS "

If there records are identical and OU lost to Texas then it sounds like Texas is the better team. What is so confusing about that?
post #34 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl

Why do people think that the team that loses has the better chance of winning a national championship? If Team B (the lower ranked BCS team) is good enough to beat Team A (the higher ranked but loser to Team B) in the season, what makes someone think that Team B couldn't win a national championship with one full month to prepare? That's a stupid comment.

I didn't quite get that, either.
post #35 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangguy289
I don't really follow the college football ranking at all but this seems like a no brainer:

"Despite identical records and a loss to Texas, Oklahoma advanced to the Big 12 championship game in Kansas City because the Sooners are ranked higher in the BCS "

If there records are identical and OU lost to Texas then it sounds like Texas is the better team. What is so confusing about that?

It's simple. First off, UT being a better team is highly debatable. I don't think they are. But of course, there's no way to settle that with no playoffs.

It's a 3 way tie between Tech, UT, and OU. UT is bitter that they couldn't get it done vs Tech when given the chance, despite being dominated the entire game. Therfore, they like to 'forget' about the loss to Tech. In a two way tie, head to head wins. In a three way tie, that's not the rules. Period. End of story. Oklahoma got the nod to advance to the Big XII Championship, and pending a win there, to the MNC.

UT fans keep trying to make this a head to head thing, with two way tie rules (ignoring all along that Tech was in the running, and Tech beat UT). Problem is, it's not a two way tie. It's a three way tie, with a different set of rules.
post #36 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
UT fans keep trying to make this a head to head thing, with two way tie rules (ignoring all along that Tech was in the running, and Tech beat UT). Problem is, it's not a two way tie. It's a three way tie, with a different set of rules.
I guess this just calls for a playoff system more and more every year, but it won't happen. The polls are all about politics even when Texas won the National Championship a few years ago.
post #37 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Apparently you don't have anything better to do if you spend majority your time on here.

Pardon me. When I'm on this board, I spend the majority of my time in this specific forum.

Either way, you're wrong, you have weak arguments, and your team is still NOT going to the Championship game.

Kirk Herbstreet? Really? That fag has Mack Brown's cock shoved so far down his throat he can't see the end of his nose. Try again, loser.
post #38 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
I guess this just calls for a playoff system more and more every year, but it won't happen. The polls are all about politics even when Texas won the National Championship a few years ago.

That's what I've been saying all along. I don't have the answer, as playoffs present a whole new set of problems. But, something has to be done. Someone is ALWAYS going to get left out. It sucks, but that's the way it is. A line in the article above said it best.

"If you win all of your games you don't have to worry about this scenario."
post #39 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:40 PM

Well if you win all of your games doesn't make you a true contender for the BCS NC.
post #40 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Well if you win all of your games doesn't make you a true contender for the BCS NC.
Look at Utah and Boise St.
post #41 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
BCS Polls = Politics
post #42 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
BCS Polls = Politics
Yep.
post #43 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

Neither of which are BCS conferences, right?
post #44 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Neither of which are BCS conferences, right?
That is true also.
post #45 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
That is true also.

Fuck em, then.
post #46 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Time Served

Thumbs up

Quote:

YES!

95 fobra-545 inch,400,neil chance,nos,bogarts,full suspension.
03 silver dodge 3500 crew cab single wheel 4X4 cummins 6speed:4" turbo back-no muffler,edge ez box,boost fooler,37/13.50/20's
post #47 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mex
YES!

Don't quote me, Corky.
post #48 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Time Served

The longhorns should have picked off Harrel's pass...or shouldn't let crabtree get WIDE OPEN...or should have tackled him after he got the ball...or shouldn't have let the joke that Tech is bend them over for the first half.

post #49 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Retired Gun

Quote:
It's simple. First off, UT being a better team is highly debatable. I don't think they are. But of course, there's no way to settle that with no playoffs.

It's a 3 way tie between Tech, UT, and OU. UT is bitter that they couldn't get it done vs Tech when given the chance, despite being dominated the entire game. Therfore, they like to 'forget' about the loss to Tech. In a two way tie, head to head wins. In a three way tie, that's not the rules. Period. End of story. Oklahoma got the nod to advance to the Big XII Championship, and pending a win there, to the MNC.

lmao....the only people that see it that way are the Okies. Facts are this: OU's non conference games were stronger ranked teams......bottom line.....end of story. The humans split decisions left it up to the computers......OU gets the nod. Hell OU recieved 3 fucking 1st place votes and even UT finished higher then Alabama in the computers. It is a crap shoot none the less.
post #50 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 08:05 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToRqUeTwIsTeR
lmao....the only people that see it that way are the Okies.

Care to elaborate? That's not the only people that see it that way. Anyone that follows college football sees it that way. UT fans, just don't want to acknowledge that loss to Tech. After what OU did to Tech, I don't blame them. lol!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement