Big 12 to reassess divisional championship tiebreaker - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
Big 12 to reassess divisional championship tiebreaker

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3739466
94StangFiveO is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
OU won the thing. Leave it alone. I think they (powers-that-be) did the best they could to determine who advanced. There's not a realistic argument with the way it turned out, so leave it be.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
OU won the thing. Leave it alone. I think they (powers-that-be) did the best they could to determine who advanced. There's not a realistic argument with the way it turned out, so leave it be.
Hey go fuck off. This thread has nothing mentioned about any team or game from this year.
94StangFiveO is offline  
 
post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94StangFiveO
Hey go fuck off. This thread has nothing mentioned about any team or game from this year.
Fuck you, cockbite. If it hadn't been OU and UT, it would not have been an issue. I'm a UT fan, and even I think they should leave it alone. What's your problem?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:36 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Fuck you, cockbite. If it hadn't been OU and UT, it would not have been an issue. I'm a UT fan, and even I think they should leave it alone. What's your problem?
Eh, I see no problem with it. Reassessment is never a bad idea, and even the commissioner says that it needs to be approached with a level head without jumping to conclusions. The article said this.

He's right, whenever a tie arises there will always be a disappointed team(s). However, if they can think tank a better way to do it -- I'd be interested to hear it.
exlude is offline  
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Fuck you, cockbite. If it hadn't been OU and UT, it would not have been an issue. I'm a UT fan, and even I think they should leave it alone. What's your problem?
This isn't a UT/OU thread and you try to make it one. It's about the Big 12 and yes, it's an issue no matter which team was to win it.
94StangFiveO is offline  
post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 37
"There is still a lot of football to be played," Beebe said. "I feel terribly for the teams that are disappointed. If you win all of your games you don't have to worry about this scenario."


Win all of your games or SFTU. Just like anything leave it to the Jury/ judge/ voters and this is what you get.

screamin363 is offline  
post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamin363
"There is still a lot of football to be played," Beebe said. "I feel terribly for the teams that are disappointed. If you win all of your games you don't have to worry about this scenario."


Win all of your games or SFTU. Just like anything leave it to the Jury/ judge/ voters and this is what you get.
Just like in MMA.
94StangFiveO is offline  
post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94StangFiveO
This isn't a UT/OU thread and you try to make it one. It's about the Big 12 and yes, it's an issue no matter which team was to win it.
So I posted a response you didn't like, and you see what your reply was? Don't start a thread if you don't want a response that just might not agree with your opinion.
If it didn't involve those two "big money", highly touted teams, it wouldn't be an issue.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 37
I just love it when OU puts Macs panties up around his head and them watches him run around completely blind.

screamin363 is offline  
post #11 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
So I posted a response you didn't like, and you see what your reply was? Don't start a thread if you don't want a response that just might not agree with your opinion.
If it didn't involve those two "big money", highly touted teams, it wouldn't be an issue.
I didn't state an opinion. You want to go argue/debate my opinion go jump in the other threads where I've stated them.
The reason this issue involves these teams is because none of the other conferences have this sort of tie breaker. Also, none of the other teams in the Big 12 South have ever really given the two powerhouses a good run for their money. It's just one of those years.
94StangFiveO is offline  
post #12 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:52 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamin363
I just love it when OU puts Macs panties up around his head and them watches him run around completely blind.
OU wears Mac panties?

exlude is offline  
post #13 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:53 PM
What Can Brown Do For You
 
regaltip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
OU wears Mac panties?

LOL!!!
regaltip is offline  
post #14 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94StangFiveO
I didn't state an opinion. You want to go argue/debate my opinion go jump in the other threads where I've stated them.
The reason this issue involves these teams is because none of the other conferences have this sort of tie breaker. Also, none of the other teams in the Big 12 South have ever really given the two powerhouses a good run for their money. It's just one of those years.
I didn't argue. I said leave it alone. If you didn't have an opinion, why would you care what mine is?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #15 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
I didn't argue. I said leave it alone. If you didn't have an opinion, why would you care what mine is?
I don't.
94StangFiveO is offline  
post #16 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94StangFiveO
Hey go fuck off. This thread has nothing mentioned about any team or game from this year.

WOW, I take it you are a UT fan?
Pro Trash is offline  
post #17 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:02 PM
What Can Brown Do For You
 
regaltip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,667
Time to kiss and make up!
regaltip is offline  
post #18 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
WOW, I take it you are a UT fan?
Doesn't matter what I am. I'm just glad I'm not an Aggie fan.
94StangFiveO is offline  
post #19 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:07 PM
What Can Brown Do For You
 
regaltip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94StangFiveO
Doesn't matter what I am. I'm just glad I'm not an Aggie fan.
Ouch!... Do I hear a fight a coming ProTrash?
regaltip is offline  
post #20 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by regaltip
Ouch!... Do I hear a fight a coming ProTrash?
So he can tell me all about tradition and how he's such a great teacher? Save it for the newbs.
94StangFiveO is offline  
post #21 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:11 PM
What Can Brown Do For You
 
regaltip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94StangFiveO
So he can tell me all about tradition and how he's such a great teacher? Save it for the newbs.

Oh I know I've been around enough to remember those days! Same with Hook'em!
regaltip is offline  
post #22 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94StangFiveO
I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3739466


That faggot cock sucker Mack finally got someone's ear, I see. For the love of God, he should really stop crying like the little bitch he is. There is something to be said for pride, you know....


Should changes occur? Yes. Should the Big XII conform to every other conference? Nope. Playoff, playoff, playoff. This year proved a need for it more than any other. Mack's just being as much of a sore loser as the OP is.



Hang on, let me call the WAAAMBULANCE for all you butthurt pussies.
bcoop is offline  
post #23 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
That faggot cock sucker Mack finally got someone's ear, I see. For the love of God, he should really stop crying like the little bitch he is. There is something to be said for pride, you know....


Should changes occur? Yes. Should the Big XII conform to every other conference? Nope. Playoff, playoff, playoff. This year proved a need for it more than any other. Mack's just being as much of a sore loser as the OP is.



Hang on, let me call the WAAAMBULANCE for all you butthurt pussies.
Get ready to ride along with me after I smash your fucking face in. Chokelahoma's nuts not enough to swing off of, you have to come try and jump on mine?
94StangFiveO is offline  
post #24 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:57 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by regaltip
Ouch!... Do I hear a fight a coming ProTrash?
LOL nope I am non confrontational, you know that.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #25 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94StangFiveO
Get ready to ride along with me after I smash your fucking face in.
LOL! Anytime, Nancy. Anytime.



Quote:
Originally Posted by 94StangFiveO
Chokelahoma's nuts not enough to swing off of, you have to come try and jump on mine?


So, let me get this straight. You come on here, butt hurt like your life is over, whining like a little bitch. I call you on it. Now, I'm somehow swinging from your nuts? Wouldn't you have to have a pair, for that to be possible? Just sayin...
bcoop is offline  
post #26 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94StangFiveO
So he can tell me all about tradition and how he's such a great teacher? Save it for the newbs.
Actually I am a Vice Principal now, I was not a great teacher, I was on okay teacher, but I am a great Vice Principal, LOL. Speaking of that I have to get back to work.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #27 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Actually I am a Vice Principal now, I was not a great teacher, I was on okay teacher, but I am a great Vice Principal, LOL. Speaking of that I have to get back to work.
Congrats! No shame in that.
94StangFiveO is offline  
post #28 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
LOL! Anytime, Nancy. Anytime.







So, let me get this straight. You come on here, butt hurt like your life is over, whining like a little bitch. I call you on it. Now, I'm somehow swinging from your nuts? Wouldn't you have to have a pair, for that to be possible? Just sayin...
You're a fucking moron. Yeah, care to follow me around anymore? I'll just send you a PM every time I post so you can keep swinging.
94StangFiveO is offline  
post #29 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94StangFiveO
You're a fucking moron. Yeah, care to follow me around anymore? I'll just send you a PM every time I post so you can keep swinging.


LOL! You're a fucking retard. You make a post in the Sports Forum, where I spend the majority of my time. And I'm following you around? Don't flatter yourself. This is the gayest argument in the history of the internet. "Stop following me around". LMFAO! Seriously? Like I have nothing better do to than follow you around, and search for every post you make? I mean, you should have been aborted and all, but I assure you I don't give that much of a shit.
bcoop is offline  
post #30 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!
 
Juiceweezl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 2V-ville
Posts: 3,675
This comment cracked me up.

"Let's say that the eighth-ranked team in the BCS is in the same division as the third-ranked," Beebe said. "If the eighth-ranked team beat the third-ranked team on a last-second play at home, sending the eighth-ranked team, that would defeat the purpose of trying to send the team with the best chance of winning a national championship."


Why do people think that the team that loses has the better chance of winning a national championship? If Team B (the lower ranked BCS team) is good enough to beat Team A (the higher ranked but loser to Team B) in the season, what makes someone think that Team B couldn't win a national championship with one full month to prepare? That's a stupid comment. Use this year's example (not for an argument over who should go). Does anyone really believe that UT won't have just as good of a chance at winning the MNC as Oklahoma? Both teams are outstanding. OU has a little more offensive firepower while UT is a better defensive club. They're basically a push save for that one day (don't make this an argument people. It's not the point here.). I just don't understand this pattern of thinking by people. Any team ranked say in the top 8 of the BCS is capable of beating the #1 team on a neutral site with a month to prepare.

FWIW, I'd practically bet my paycheck that the Big 12 will change the tiebreaker to match the other conferences.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
Juiceweezl is offline  
post #31 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
LOL! You're a fucking retard. You make a post in the Sports Forum, where I spend the majority of my time. And I'm following you around? Don't flatter yourself. This is the gayest argument in the history of the internet. "Stop following me around". LMFAO! Seriously? Like I have nothing better do to than follow you around, and search for every post you make? I mean, you should have been aborted and all, but I assure you I don't give that much of a shit.
Apparently you don't have anything better to do if you spend majority your time on here. I'm here once or twice a week when I'm not working. Get a life, you wannabe Kirk Herbstreit.
94StangFiveO is offline  
post #32 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:16 PM
What Can Brown Do For You
 
regaltip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94StangFiveO
Get a life, you wannabe Kirk Herbstreit.
Damn that made me laugh!
regaltip is offline  
post #33 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:21 PM
BANNED
 
mustangguy289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 10,098
I don't really follow the college football ranking at all but this seems like a no brainer:

"Despite identical records and a loss to Texas, Oklahoma advanced to the Big 12 championship game in Kansas City because the Sooners are ranked higher in the BCS "

If there records are identical and OU lost to Texas then it sounds like Texas is the better team. What is so confusing about that?
mustangguy289 is offline  
post #34 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl

Why do people think that the team that loses has the better chance of winning a national championship? If Team B (the lower ranked BCS team) is good enough to beat Team A (the higher ranked but loser to Team B) in the season, what makes someone think that Team B couldn't win a national championship with one full month to prepare? That's a stupid comment.


I didn't quite get that, either.
bcoop is offline  
post #35 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangguy289
I don't really follow the college football ranking at all but this seems like a no brainer:

"Despite identical records and a loss to Texas, Oklahoma advanced to the Big 12 championship game in Kansas City because the Sooners are ranked higher in the BCS "

If there records are identical and OU lost to Texas then it sounds like Texas is the better team. What is so confusing about that?

It's simple. First off, UT being a better team is highly debatable. I don't think they are. But of course, there's no way to settle that with no playoffs.

It's a 3 way tie between Tech, UT, and OU. UT is bitter that they couldn't get it done vs Tech when given the chance, despite being dominated the entire game. Therfore, they like to 'forget' about the loss to Tech. In a two way tie, head to head wins. In a three way tie, that's not the rules. Period. End of story. Oklahoma got the nod to advance to the Big XII Championship, and pending a win there, to the MNC.


UT fans keep trying to make this a head to head thing, with two way tie rules (ignoring all along that Tech was in the running, and Tech beat UT). Problem is, it's not a two way tie. It's a three way tie, with a different set of rules.
bcoop is offline  
post #36 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:28 PM
What Can Brown Do For You
 
regaltip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
UT fans keep trying to make this a head to head thing, with two way tie rules (ignoring all along that Tech was in the running, and Tech beat UT). Problem is, it's not a two way tie. It's a three way tie, with a different set of rules.
I guess this just calls for a playoff system more and more every year, but it won't happen. The polls are all about politics even when Texas won the National Championship a few years ago.
regaltip is offline  
post #37 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94StangFiveO
Apparently you don't have anything better to do if you spend majority your time on here.

Pardon me. When I'm on this board, I spend the majority of my time in this specific forum.


Either way, you're wrong, you have weak arguments, and your team is still NOT going to the Championship game.



Kirk Herbstreet? Really? That fag has Mack Brown's cock shoved so far down his throat he can't see the end of his nose. Try again, loser.
bcoop is offline  
post #38 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by regaltip
I guess this just calls for a playoff system more and more every year, but it won't happen. The polls are all about politics even when Texas won the National Championship a few years ago.


That's what I've been saying all along. I don't have the answer, as playoffs present a whole new set of problems. But, something has to be done. Someone is ALWAYS going to get left out. It sucks, but that's the way it is. A line in the article above said it best.


"If you win all of your games you don't have to worry about this scenario."
bcoop is offline  
post #39 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:40 PM
What Can Brown Do For You
 
regaltip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,667
Well if you win all of your games doesn't make you a true contender for the BCS NC.
regaltip is offline  
post #40 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by regaltip
Well if you win all of your games doesn't make you a true contender for the BCS NC.
Look at Utah and Boise St.
94StangFiveO is offline  
post #41 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:43 PM
What Can Brown Do For You
 
regaltip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94StangFiveO
Look at Utah and Boise St.
BCS Polls = Politics
regaltip is offline  
post #42 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by regaltip
BCS Polls = Politics
Yep.
94StangFiveO is offline  
post #43 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94StangFiveO
Look at Utah and Boise St.


Neither of which are BCS conferences, right?
bcoop is offline  
post #44 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Neither of which are BCS conferences, right?
That is true also.
94StangFiveO is offline  
post #45 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94StangFiveO
That is true also.


Fuck em, then.
bcoop is offline  
post #46 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 180
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
That faggot cock sucker Mack finally got someone's ear, I see. For the love of God, he should really stop crying like the little bitch he is. There is something to be said for pride, you know....


Should changes occur? Yes. Should the Big XII conform to every other conference? Nope. Playoff, playoff, playoff. This year proved a need for it more than any other. Mack's just being as much of a sore loser as the OP is.



Hang on, let me call the WAAAMBULANCE for all you butthurt pussies.
YES!

95 fobra-545 inch,400,neil chance,nos,bogarts,full suspension.
03 silver dodge 3500 crew cab single wheel 4X4 cummins 6speed:4" turbo back-no muffler,edge ez box,boost fooler,37/13.50/20's
the mex is offline  
post #47 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mex
YES!


Don't quote me, Corky.
bcoop is offline  
post #48 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Denton, Tx
Posts: 493
The longhorns should have picked off Harrel's pass...or shouldn't let crabtree get WIDE OPEN...or should have tackled him after he got the ball...or shouldn't have let the joke that Tech is bend them over for the first half.

KWClutch is offline  
post #49 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Retired Gun
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 5,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
It's simple. First off, UT being a better team is highly debatable. I don't think they are. But of course, there's no way to settle that with no playoffs.

It's a 3 way tie between Tech, UT, and OU. UT is bitter that they couldn't get it done vs Tech when given the chance, despite being dominated the entire game. Therfore, they like to 'forget' about the loss to Tech. In a two way tie, head to head wins. In a three way tie, that's not the rules. Period. End of story. Oklahoma got the nod to advance to the Big XII Championship, and pending a win there, to the MNC.


UT fans keep trying to make this a head to head thing, with two way tie rules (ignoring all along that Tech was in the running, and Tech beat UT). Problem is, it's not a two way tie. It's a three way tie, with a different set of rules.
lmao....the only people that see it that way are the Okies. Facts are this: OU's non conference games were stronger ranked teams......bottom line.....end of story. The humans split decisions left it up to the computers......OU gets the nod. Hell OU recieved 3 fucking 1st place votes and even UT finished higher then Alabama in the computers. It is a crap shoot none the less.
ToRqUeTwIsTeR is offline  
post #50 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 08:05 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToRqUeTwIsTeR
lmao....the only people that see it that way are the Okies.


Care to elaborate? That's not the only people that see it that way. Anyone that follows college football sees it that way. UT fans, just don't want to acknowledge that loss to Tech. After what OU did to Tech, I don't blame them. lol!
bcoop is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome