The BCS is crap!!! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
I got your Jihad!!

The BCS is crap!!!

How in the hell is OU representing the Big 12 South in the Big 12 Championship?!!! That's total BS!! Texas beat OU and Missouri and both of them are playing in the championship. Damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC
2005 Big Dog Chopper 117ci
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 08:04 PM
I. Am. God.

yeah, a load of shit.

1994 Cobra Pace Car For Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56482
only on DFWstangs...
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 08:06 PM
Lifer

x2 exactly what I said! I hate the BCS

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 08:20 PM
Time Served

post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 08:40 PM
Lifer

They put OU and Missouri in so that we could have 1524324465465 threads to cover it on dfwstangs.net
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnturboray
How in the hell is OU representing the Big 12 South in the Big 12 Championship?!!! That's total BS!! Texas beat OU and Missouri and both of them are playing in the championship. Damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well let's see TT beat Texas when Texas had the lead with 1:04 left in the game, they were soundly beaten by TT, there was no excuse. If you can't hold the lead then you lost the game, you didn't simply beat yourself. Secondly OU put an asswhopping on TT hands down. UT beat OU by 10 points in a decent game. I think if OU and UT went head to head again OU would win but no need to worry about that for OU is now the king of the big 12 south. If UT had handled their business this would not be an issue.
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 09:00 PM
Time Served

Quote:
OU is the better team hands down.
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
in all fairness, it is still a 3 way tie in the Big 12 South, only OU has the opportunity to win the Big 12 because of they way the conference settles a 3 way tie, but it will forever be a 3 way tie in the Big 12 South for 2008. If they win next week, then you can just say "King of The Big 12".
Well seeing tht TRaxx named UT the king of the South this morning only to look like a HUGE ass this evening, I felt it was fair to give OU the title of Big 12 S. King, LOL.

Of course I am just putting a fan on the flame and tomorrow will be buried in work and will have little or no time to post for a while.
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Lifer

Quote:
don't get me wrong, I am all for seeing the UT fans get all butt hurt....but I couldn't let Tech get left out.
You truely are a true asshole aren't you?
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Lifer

Quote:
yep, just like you really are one dumb mother fucker
Wow. So you are proud of being a asshole? I guess your parents are proud of you. Your mother should have had a miscarriage with your sorry ass.
post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 10:00 PM
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Well seeing tht TRaxx named UT the king of the South this morning only to look like a HUGE ass this evening, I felt it was fair to give OU the title of Big 12 S. King, LOL.

Silly Aggy. Apparently reading comprehension is not your forte. My quotes in the thread title are what the OU nuthuggers would say when OU jumped UT in the polls. How is your ass looking right now?

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 10:14 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I am proud of who I am, as well as my parents thank you. If that includes me being an ass hole, especially to complete, uneducated dumb asses like yourself, then so be it.

Are your parents proud of raising a moron who has achieved everything he will ever achieve in life a the age of 25?
Let's see here I operate my own business and very successful at it. I have a great marriage with two beautiful children. I dont live paycheck to paycheck probably like you do, and dont lie cause you know you do cause you spend all of your time on here. I think Im doing pretty well. I have a great life unlike you cause I dont come on this site to make myself feel better or smarter. I bet if it weren't for this site you probably would've shot yourself by now, cause you would have realize how much of a fuck up you truely are.
post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Lifer

Quote:
haha, whatever makes you feel like you mean something to someone. When I want to feel smart, I don't come on this web site, I look at my diploma, my PE license and the work I have to do for the day that would make most people shit their pants. If anything, coming to this website makes me feel stupider by having to converse with the plethora of dumb asses, such as yourself.
Please. All you do is come on this website and try to correct or point out stupid shit that people have said. Dont even say you dont do that. I dont think I have ever seen you agree with anyone. If people dont see it your way then they are dumbasses. If that is not thinking all high and mighty about yourself I dont know what is.
post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 10:59 PM
Lifer

Quote:
did I just not say most people on this web site are complete morons? Maybe that is the reason I am always trying to correct people. Don't act like I am the only one either. Second, I have agreed with some people. Third, I have no desire to meet anyone from here unless it is for some sort of transaction, I come here to entertain myself. Seeing the e-warriors and people get butt hurt over a comment made on the internet by someone they don't even know makes me laugh, and it isn't always over something I say. I do like to stir the pot because of those reasons. Call me a loser, say I have a fucked up sense of humor, whatever, I don't care, I am not here for friends or to impress people. Everyone on here does it, the only difference is, most people that post on a regular basis have some sort of connection with someone else on this board so there is some friendship involved. Me, I know noone and don't care to. I have only met about 4 people in total. I get my car advice on another site and I would never ask for advice on something here.
Well I agree with you on the advice part. I've tried that and I got what I expected. Shitty advice. But I too havent met that many people and really the only one I see often is Fred aka Da Prez. But its whatever floats your boat. I guess I'll give you a few laughs cause Im not going anywhere and whenever I disagree with someone, I will post my thoughts. And 99% of the time I disagree with you. So I guess you can look forward to that.
post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 12:14 AM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
because mizzu lost on the last week and with the ou win was enough of a point diff to make ou jump ut

post #16 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 09:37 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

Let's ignore the UT OU debacle. What's your point about Texas beating Mizzou? Mizzou is in the north. It doesn't fucking matter who beat them. They have the north locked up. Even after losing to Kansas, that was beat by all three of the South contenders.
post #17 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 09:44 AM
I'm over it!

I think it's crap cause I'm a Texas fan. The situation is kind of shitty. If they were to choose UT for the Big 12 championship you would have all the OU fans pissed off cause they beat Tech which beat us. Its a no win situation. Sucks for Texas cause they are actually a better team, just had one bad game as for everyone else. But i can see the reasoning behind it.

post #18 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinson
Sucks for Texas cause they are actually a better team, just had one bad game as for everyone else. But i can see the reasoning behind it.

<---Just can't wait to hear the logic behind this statement.^^^
post #19 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 10:08 AM
I'm over it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
<---Just can't wait to hear the logic behind this statement.^^^
Should have put IMO. Cause i knew you would be quoting that haha.

post #20 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 01:17 PM
Lifer

First off let me state that I am in no way a fan of any of these teams.

With that said, this whole BCS thing is total shit...and I think every OU/Tx/Tech fan knows that. The reason I dont get excited about College ball is because of it.
Lets get this straight.
Tech beats Texas in a close/good game.
Texas beats OU in a good game, but the score didnt tell the whole ass whooping.
OU demolishes Tech, where clearly Tech didnt play up to their abilities.

So since OU beat Tech by alot of points, they get in? Can someone please explain this Okie thought process because I flatass dont get it.

post #21 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 01:23 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston
First off let me state that I am in no way a fan of any of these teams.

With that said, this whole BCS thing is total shit...and I think every OU/Tx/Tech fan knows that. The reason I dont get excited about College ball is because of it.
Lets get this straight.
Tech beats Texas in a close/good game.
Texas beats OU in a good game, but the score didnt tell the whole ass whooping.
OU demolishes Tech, where clearly Tech didnt play up to their abilities.

So since OU beat Tech by alot of points, they get in? Can someone please explain this Okie thought process because I flatass dont get it.
OU got in cause they ran the points up on teams. Sorry had to throw that out there.
post #22 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 02:11 PM
CJD
Time Served

Quote:
no, OU didn't get in because they beat Tech by a bunch of points. OU got in because the points they received from the 2 different polls (which had OU and Texas virtually tied) plus the BCS computers were higher than what Texas received. The Big 12 3 way tie braker defers to the BCS rankings at the end of the season, which has OU ranked above the other 2 teams, so they get the nod to represend the Big 12 South in the championship game.
That's one of the problems. If the Big 12 had the tie-breaker rules that the other conferences had, Texas would go on.

I mean, I'm sorry, but how can you penalize Texas for going through 4 tough teams in a row which Oklahoma nor Tech had to do (and they were a easy interception away from being undefeated)?? The BCS voters should account for that.
post #23 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Lifer

Hahahahaaa, sorry ass Texas fans bitching about the cupcake schedule they made for themselves. Maybe you should teach your Defense how to catch a football and you wouldn't be in this mess.
post #24 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm over it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
Hahahahaaa, sorry ass Texas fans bitching about the cupcake schedule they made for themselves. Maybe you should teach your Defense how to catch a football and you wouldn't be in this mess.
Actually the Texas schedule was a lot harder than Techs, and almost the exact same as OU"s

post #25 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Actually the Texas schedule was a lot harder than Techs, and almost the exact same as OU"s
I think Texas schedule was harder then OU cause they had to play all those top 10 teams one after the other. I know SoS is the same but at least OU had breaks between the ranked teams they played. Plus they had a week off before playing tech.
post #26 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

I've got to disagree. UT had a tough schedule. So did OU. The only difference, is that UT went through their tough games all in a row, whereas OU didn't.

And about the defense, I'll say this. That defense shocked the shit out of me, even as an OU fan. They fared much better than ANYONE expected, even UT fans. NOBODY gave that defense, and young secondary a chance back at the beginning of the season.
post #27 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
I've got to disagree. UT had a tough schedule. So did OU. The only difference, is that UT went through their tough games all in a row, whereas OU didn't.

And about the defense, I'll say this. That defense shocked the shit out of me, even as an OU fan. They fared much better than ANYONE expected, even UT fans. NOBODY gave that defense, and young secondary a chance back at the beginning of the season.
I think Texas defense next year will be awsome. Might be the best defense Texas has ever had.
post #28 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Lifer

They should just simulate the season on NCAA 09 and award a champion that way, as it makes about as much sense.
post #29 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Lifer

Quote:
And that explains why UT and Tech didn't move on, and Oklahoma did.
post #30 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 02:57 PM
I'm over it!

Quote:
It was the same but OU had a break and UT didn't. The only break they had was before they beat Texas A&M.

post #31 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 03:31 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Cupcake schedule? lol? Do you follow football?
post #32 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
The only cupcake team Texas played was A&M.
post #33 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
Well you could add Arkansas, Rice and Florida Atlantic to the cupcake list as well.
post #34 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 04:08 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Yes, of course. Do you?

Exhibits A, B, and C:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Well you could add Arkansas, Rice and Florida Atlantic to the cupcake list as well.
Exhibit D:
Quote:
don't forget UTEP
And Exhibit E (or maybe D.5 since these teams play every year, and t.u. just got lucky this year )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
The best team listed here was Rice... lol. Do I follow football?
post #35 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 04:15 PM
CEO of......

Quote:

wait a minute, is their an AGGY fan talking shit about scheduling? LMFAO. go fake Army!!!
post #36 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 04:16 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Yes, of course. Do you?

Exhibits A, B, and C:

Exhibit D:

And Exhibit E (or maybe D.5 since these teams play every year, and t.u. just got lucky this year )

so you know if Rice wins their bowl game they will have a 10 win season?
post #37 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 04:19 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
because mizzu lost on the last week and with the ou win was enough of a point diff to make ou jump ut

EXACTLY, you hit the nail on the head.
post #38 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
wait a minute, is their an AGGY fan talking shit about scheduling? LMFAO. go fake Army!!!
I'm more of an actual Aggie than a fan of A&M football, lol. They have always sucked as long as I went to school so I'm not going to get bent out of shape about them sucking.

What's funny is all the prissy Texas fans having a coniption fit that two teams they beat are moving on while they sit and hope (cross your fingers lol!!!!!) they get another chance to play. Sore losers.
post #39 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 04:24 PM
I'm over it!

Quote:
What's funny is all the prissy Texas fans having a coniption fit that two teams they beat are moving on while they sit and hope (cross your fingers lol!!!!!) they get another chance to play. Sore losers.
Don't hate! Any other team in the situation would be the same way. They earned their right to be pissed.

post #40 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 04:25 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
I'm more of an actual Aggie than a fan of A&M football, lol. They have always sucked as long as I went to school so I'm not going to get bent out of shape about them sucking.

if by "another chance" you mean, playing in the Fiesta bowl while Tech goes to the Holiday Bowl, then you're right. So, you wanna try again at "poking" at me?
post #41 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
if by "another chance" you mean, playing in the Fiesta bowl while Tech goes to the Holiday Bowl, then you're right. So, you wanna try again at "poking" at me?
It's an IF, and a big IF at that. It's more likely your beloved team will be sitting on the team watching the bowl games... just like you and me...

Ashley, you know I'm just giving you Texas fans some shit. I wish A&M could start recruiting the studs.
post #42 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 04:54 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Yes, of course. Do you?

Exhibits A, B, and C:

Exhibit D:

Oh, I get it. You're an aggy, well I guess we will give you a bye for not understanding SoS.
post #43 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Yep, OU had 4 quality wins to 3 for Texas.
post #44 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Oh, I get it. You're an aggy, well I guess we will give you a bye for not understanding SoS.
I understand SoS perfectly. Are you fucking dumb? Oklahoma had the harder schedule.. kind of a big factor in why they are moving on and Texas isn't.
post #45 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:40 PM
not exclude

Quote:
I understand SoS perfectly. Are you fucking dumb? Oklahoma had the harder schedule.. kind of a big factor in why they are moving on and Texas isn't.
OMG NO WAI, I was totally saying that Oklahoma had the easiest schedule in the league.

But I get it, you're using the logic that UT didn't have the harder schedule therefore it was cupcake. Got it, you're wrong, but I got it.

http://www.teamrankings.com/ncf/rankings/
http://www.teamrankings.com/ncf/rank...t=team&pan=112
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt08.htm
http://www.tellshowbcs.com/SOSP.html

Last edited by exlude; 12-02-2008 at 12:46 PM.
post #46 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:21 PM
Lifer

Quote:
OMG NO WAI, I was totally saying that Oklahoma had the easiest schedule in the league.

But I get it, you're using the logic that UT didn't have the harder schedule therefore it was cupcake. Got it, you're wrong, but I got it.

http://www.teamrankings.com/ncf/rankings/
http://www.teamrankings.com/ncf/rank...t=team&pan=112
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt08.htm
http://www.tellshowbcs.com/SOSP.html
I wonder if A&M tanked this season just to keep Texas down. Sounds like something we would do.
post #47 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:24 PM
I'm over it!

Quote:
I wonder if A&M tanked this season just to keep Texas down. Sounds like something we would do.
Danny i know you are smarter than this...come on now!!

post #48 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Foxbody King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern93Stang
OU is the better team hands down.
Bullshit

2003 cobra DSG
post #49 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Danny i know you are smarter than this...come on now!!
Nah, I'm pretty damned dumb!!
post #50 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy
Bullshit

LOL! Here he comes, trying to talk logic, which he knows nothing of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement