A great question to ask Mack Brown... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

A great question to ask Mack Brown...

All week you heard UT and Mack whining about how they beat OU head to head and the team that beat the other head to head should go to the Big 12 title game and the BCS. Well, now that everything has panned out the way it has shouldn't by Mack brown's logic Tech get the at large BCS bid due to the fact that we beat the Horns 39-33 a month ago?

I really do believe that OU is the strongest team right now in the Big 12, and it is a shame that one of these three great teams is going to get screwed out of the BCS. More than likely we will be left out of the BCS and will play Ole Miss in the Cotton Bowl and roll them. Whatever happens it has been a great year. I just wish that we could prove ourselves in a playoff system. Anyways, I wish all the Bid 12 teams luck in their bowls. Represent for the conference and lets go undefeated.

Last edited by 5.8 STANG; 11-30-2008 at 08:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 08:55 AM
Time Served

The way Mack has been whining around its going to influence votes against UT. I heard or saw 5 different interviews with him and he said the exact same shit in every one. I'm like Lou Holtz when he said" I'm tired about hearing head-to-head". Versus common opponents OU has the greater point diiferential which is how one conference figures it out. OU has the late wins which has always been a factor(even pre-BCS).
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 08:56 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.8 STANG
All week you heard UT and Mack whining about how they beat OU head to head and the team that beat the other head to head should go to the Big 12 title game and the BCS. Well, now that everything has panned out the way it has shouldn't by Mack brown's logic Tech get the at large BCS bid due to the fact that we beat the Horns 39-33 a month ago?

I really do believe that OU is the strongest team right now in the Big 12, and it is a shame that one of these three great teams is going to get screwed out of the BCS. More than likely we will be left out of the BCS and will play Ole Miss in the Cotton Bowl and roll them. Whatever happens it has been a great year. I just wish that we could prove ourselves in a playoff system. Anyways, I wish all the Bid 12 teams luck in their bowls. Represent for the conference and lets go undefeated.
I'd say two of the three great teams in Big XII will get screwed out of the BCS game...

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 09:08 AM
Lifer

It was a great year for the big 12 regardless, and it I'm glad it was us that got to show the public the absurdity of the bcs system.

'07 350Z
'90 Firebird Formula
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Old School

Its obvious to the voters that a head to head matchup means jack shit. So deal with it. OU is going to the Big 12 Championship game with the best chance to get in the MNC game and UT is not. Much like UT is at least getting a BCS where Tech is not.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 09:34 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by elzoro
It was a great year for the big 12 regardless, and it I'm glad it was us that got to show the public the absurdity of the bcs system.
Dude, you hit it right on the nose. SEC didn't have shit on us this year.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 10:48 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Quote:
No, because it is a two team race. TT shit the bed last week so they are out. If they could have kept it close against OU, then it would be a true three team race right now in which a head-to-head argument wouldn't work for any team. But since it's between two teams, head-to-head should factor in.

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 11:13 AM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
No, because it is a two team race. TT shit the bed last week so they are out. If they could have kept it close against OU, then it would be a true three team race right now in which a head-to-head argument wouldn't work for any team. But since it's between two teams, head-to-head should factor in.
but it isn't a two team race, it is a three team race, doesn't matter that tech got blown out, they are still tied. what is funny is if they used the big 10 rules tech goes to the bowl game, sine they don't have a title game. I think UT keeps it place at number 2

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 11:57 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
I am just curious, what are the records of UT, OU and Tech? They are all the same aren't they? In the context of the Big 12 South, it is not a 2 team race, there is a 3 team race because they all have the same record. So, since it is a 3 team race, in your own words, the head to head does not work, so it does not factor in this case.
But the BCS is the deciding factor here, is it not? Since Tech is no where near the top, it now becomes a race between Texas and OU. I don't think I've heard TT mentioned once in the Big 12 Championship debate. Maybe you've heard something I haven't.

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
But the BCS is the deciding factor here, is it not? Since Tech is no where near the top, it now becomes a race between Texas and OU. I don't think I've heard TT mentioned once in the Big 12 Championship debate. Maybe you've heard something I haven't.
Of course you're right. With OU's performance, the only other option is the team that beat them by 10.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 04:05 PM
CEO of......

no, because the RULE stats that is a team is in the top 4 of the bcs, they get an at large bid. Tech is not in the top 4, too bad
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 04:22 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Yes, the BCS is the deciding factor when there is a 3 way tie. If it wasn't a 3 way tie, it would be the head-to-head, but since it was a 3 way tie, the BCS ranking was the deciding factor. You can't have a 3 way tie and only include 2 seams, or it is only a 2 way tie. Just because one team is not as close in the points as the other two does not discount the fact that is was till a 3 way tie.

The reason you haven't heard TT mentioned is because a) Everyone knew it came was going to come down to be between Texas and OU because they were so close. If Tech hadn't gotten blown out so bad, they would have been right in the mix of the conversation, and b) because Texas fans like to omit the little fact that they lost to TT so they think if they don't bring it up, it didn't happen. There are plenty of people on here that have mentioned the 3 way tie and that Tech is part of that 3 way tie, they just happen to be anyone that isn't a Texas homer.

plus, if this was like the SEC, tech would be thrown out of the equation and then it WOULD be down to head to head with ou and ut. The ACC is the same way. This might have been covered already, just just i would throw it out there.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 04:45 PM
You never go full retard

Though it's not likely OU could still lose which would knock them out of the running for the national championship since they'd have 2 losses. And either Bama or Florida has to lose, so the way I see it Texas still isn't sitting that bad in hopes of seeing the National Championship. At the very least they get a great bowl game.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 06:40 PM
Retired Gun

Quote:
they actually might have 2 chances to get in the national championship game

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf,125550

Even after all of this bickering and shit talking, I don't think anyone on these boards would love nothing more than to have Florida beat Alabama and not jump UT or OU because of the computers.....we would then have our UT vs. OU rematch for all of the marbles.
No 2 teams from the same conference can play in the same BCS bowl. I do believe that includes the MNC does it not?
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 06:46 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToRqUeTwIsTeR
No 2 teams from the same conference can play in the same BCS bowl. I do believe that includes the MNC does it not?
Yes they could meet up, but the chances are slim.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
they actually might have 2 chances to get in the national championship game

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf,125550

Even after all of this bickering and shit talking, I don't think anyone on these boards would love nothing more than to have Florida beat Alabama and not jump UT or OU because of the computers.....we would then have our UT vs. OU rematch for all of the marbles.
As college football fans, we could only be so lucky. Regardless of the outcome of the MNC, surely that would be enough to force a playoff. I was talking at work about this earlier that if Alabama gets drilled by say 35 or so, how far do they fall? If OU wins, UT stays put at worst (moves up 1 or gets passed by Florida). Does 'Bama then fall behind USC since we know how much everyone loves them? Then, do they fall behind Utah? Theoretically, they could land somewhere around Tech and then have to depend on someone to take them for a BCS bowl. How crazy would it be if they got overlooked for say Boise St.? I'd love to see an all Big 12 title game. They've had the best (top and top to bottom) conference all season and deserve to play for it all. The losses of their two best teams came one on a last second play at the #7 team and the other lost to the #3 team in the BCS. Those trump anything that anyone else in the country can boast right now. Maybe they could just move the game to Dallas then!!!

Oh, and I have no idea where you guys are saying TT would go to the championship using other conference tiebreakers. All of the others in discussion discard all but the top 2 teams according to BCS standards. Then, and only then as I've read, do they use head to head IF the two teams are within 5 places of each other. That's why everyone is saying it was a 2 team race.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 08:01 PM
You never go full retard

Yeah it's hard to say with Bama having no losses.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 08:27 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl
As college football fans, we could only be so lucky. Regardless of the outcome of the MNC, surely that would be enough to force a playoff. I was talking at work about this earlier that if Alabama gets drilled by say 35 or so, how far do they fall? If OU wins, UT stays put at worst (moves up 1 or gets passed by Florida). Does 'Bama then fall behind USC since we know how much everyone loves them? Then, do they fall behind Utah? Theoretically, they could land somewhere around Tech and then have to depend on someone to take them for a BCS bowl. How crazy would it be if they got overlooked for say Boise St.? I'd love to see an all Big 12 title game. They've had the best (top and top to bottom) conference all season and deserve to play for it all. The losses of their two best teams came one on a last second play at the #7 team and the other lost to the #3 team in the BCS. Those trump anything that anyone else in the country can boast right now. Maybe they could just move the game to Dallas then!!!

Oh, and I have no idea where you guys are saying TT would go to the championship using other conference tiebreakers. All of the others in discussion discard all but the top 2 teams according to BCS standards. Then, and only then as I've read, do they use head to head IF the two teams are within 5 places of each other. That's why everyone is saying it was a 2 team race.
Yeah, a all big 12 championship game would great, and if bama just had one loss it would be real possibility. TTU would've won the tie-breaker between them and UT if OU would've got beat by OSU is the only thing i heard
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 09:09 AM
Banned

Quote:

How many times did UT get beat by 40 this year?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement