Fantasy Football Playoffs -- who to start? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
Dyno Racing King!!!

Fantasy Football Playoffs -- who to start?

I have 2 cases of pick 3. Thanks for the help.

RB's (I can play 3 and am leaning towards the first 3 listed):
Tomlinson vs. ATL
Brandon Jacobs @ Washington
Michael Turner @ San Diego
Portis vs. Giants

WR's (I can play 3 and am leaning towards the first 3 listed):
Reggie Wayne @ Cleveland
Roddy White @ San Diego
L. Coles vs. Denver
Marvin Harrison @ Cleveland
Steve Breaston @ Philly

Bonus Question:

I'm also thinking about playing Kevin Boss at TE over Kellen Winslow and Aaron Rodgers (vs. Carolina) over Matt Cassel (vs. Pitt).

Thanks again!

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 09:58 AM
AHMO!

You are starting tomlinson...who's been anything but LT all year over the leading rusher in the league? Just making sure I catch that...and yes I know it's against the Giants D but...really?

I would start Winslow and Rodgers.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
You are starting tomlinson...who's been anything but LT all year over the leading rusher in the league? Just making sure I catch that...and yes I know it's against the Giants D but...really?

I would start Winslow and Rodgers.
Tomlinson had a good week last week, and yes, it is against the Giants. I don't expect Portis to be able to do much against them. If Jacobs is unable to go, Portis will be inserted anyway. San Diego appears to be listening to LT when he states they need to run the ball more in the media. It is a PPR league too, so the passes he catches are worth a point plus yardage.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Resident Epicurean

Bench Harrison and Breaston. Start the first three listed on the RBs. You'll be fine.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 10:06 AM
Resident Epicurean

Also, if I were you, I would not start Rodgers vs Carolina. I don't know about now, but around 8 games in they had the best Pass D in the league.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Also, if I were you, I would not start Rodgers vs Carolina. I don't know about now, but around 8 games in they had the best Pass D in the league.
I'd like to do otherwise, but I don't think Cassel will do well at all against Pittsburgh. He will probably throw it 35-40 times though.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 02:48 PM
Lifer

Portis vs. Giants

Reggie Wayne @ Cleveland
Roddy White @ San Diego
L. Coles vs. Denver

Bonus Question:

I'm also thinking about playing Kevin Boss at TE over Kellen Winslow and Aaron Rodgers (vs. Carolina) over Matt Cassel (vs. Pitt).

Boss is a hit or miss. KW has a better chance of producing than Boss. Cassell was a one hit wonder with that last game. Don't expect him to repeat vs the hardcore Pitt Defense that is very solid against the pass.

Don made me remove my sig
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 03:15 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06GTFanatic
Portis vs. Giants

Reggie Wayne @ Cleveland
Roddy White @ San Diego
L. Coles vs. Denver

Bonus Question:

Boss is a hit or miss. KW has a better chance of producing than Boss. Cassell was a one hit wonder with that last game. Don't expect him to repeat vs the hardcore Pitt Defense that is very solid against the pass.

Cassell is a one hit wonder? Back to back 400 yard games, no INTs in the past 4 to go along with 6 TDs and nothing less than 204 yards. NE has opened the playbook up and with a lack of a running game he will throw it 35+ times easy. Winslow's most productive games have been with Quinn under center so I would shy away from him as well.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE
Cassell is a one hit wonder? Back to back 400 yard games, no INTs in the past 4 to go along with 6 TDs and nothing less than 204 yards. NE has opened the playbook up and with a lack of a running game he will throw it 35+ times easy. Winslow's most productive games have been with Quinn under center so I would shy away from him as well.
The fact that Cassel will throw it 35-40 has me thinking about playing him. I also think Rodgers will get 35 attempts as well.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 03:27 PM
Lifer

I think either way you should be fine. I would give Cassell the edge because he tends to put up numbers running as well.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Dyno Racing King!!!

Weather Update!!!

Weather update: It's supposed to be like 30 or below, snowing, and 25 mph+ winds in Green Bay. the weather in New England is in the 40's I believe. I think it has to be Cassel now. I also dropped Kasay because of the snow and picked up Neil Rackers for tomorrow night.

I still can't decide on the RB's. I'm playing Turner and LT because I don't want to bench LT on a 40 point day. He is still a threat and is finally healthy. I love Portis, but it is the Giants defense. They are stout. Portis will get more touches than Jacobs, but Jacobs is a better runner I believe (with a better line) and will get more goal line carries.

On another note -- we have IDP's in this league. My opponent is starting 2 players from Tennesse -- my DEF team. Anything spectacular they do (INT's, fumble recoveries, TD's, etc.) I will also get credit for. I think I have him covered. His best players are Ronnie Brown (@ StL), Steve Slaton, and Romo.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Dyno Racing King!!!

TTT

I need more opinions on this Rodgers vs. Cassel deal. Thanks.

-B

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Lifer

I like Cassel. It seems like he's in pretty good sync with Moss/Welker.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-28-2008, 09:13 AM
Lifer

Quote:
35 times? I doubt it. NE will turn the ball over and Pitt will run the clock down as much as possible as they always do. It will be a low scoring game. And Cassell didn't start playing well till rumors of Brady was coming back.

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-28-2008, 10:47 AM
Lifer

Quote:
35 times? I doubt it. NE will turn the ball over and Pitt will run the clock down as much as possible as they always do. It will be a low scoring game. And Cassell didn't start playing well till rumors of Brady was coming back.
Cassell didn't start playing well until rumors Brady was coming back? Are you serious with that?
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-28-2008, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
LOL at your talk of Brady. The only thing you're hearing about Brady is that his rehab is going well. No way is he coming back. That's just foolish. I'm not so sure that Cassel won't put it up 35 times either. Pitt will try to run clock, but NE will only be able to move the ball through the air. I'll probably just flip a coin.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 09:37 AM
Resident Epicurean

Said it before, and I'll say it again. Cassell over Rodgers. LOL at the window licker that says Cassell is a one hit wonder. hahahahaha

Rumors of Brady coming back? I haven't heard any of that nonsense. Must have been a rumor on the short bus.

You'll be sorry if you start Portis. Yes, I know he has been the top RB all season. But you can't ignore that he's hurt. He's one tackle away from ending his season. That tackle might be on the first drive, might be on the last, or might not happen at all. But considering your other options at RB, it's not a gamble worth taking.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
Said it before, and I'll say it again. Cassell over Rodgers. LOL at the window licker that says Cassell is a one hit wonder. hahahahaha

Rumors of Brady coming back? I haven't heard any of that nonsense. Must have been a rumor on the short bus.

You'll be sorry if you start Portis. Yes, I know he has been the top RB all season. But you can't ignore that he's hurt. He's one tackle away from ending his season. That tackle might be on the first drive, might be on the last, or might not happen at all. But considering your other options at RB, it's not a gamble worth taking.
I seem to agree with you after looking at stuff today. I think Cassel will throw the ball more than Rodgers, especially after they way Turner shredded the Panthers last week. Plus, I like Jacobs chances much better than Portis. Thanks.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 05:11 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl
I seem to agree with you after looking at stuff today. I think Cassel will throw the ball more than Rodgers, especially after they way Turner shredded the Panthers last week.

Put it this way. I've got Rodgers, and I'm starting Garrard @ Houston over Rodgers @ Carolina. Rodgers might have an 'ok' game, but he's good for at least 1 interception. Last week alone he had three. Two weeks ago he had 1 int and 1 fumble.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 05:04 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Now, I believe this is not the place to come for advice. As you peeps know nothing. AND I MEAN NOTHING. T_U_R_N-O-V-E-R-S. That's what a great defense does. Mean while Rodgers throws for 298 and 3 td's.

post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 05:11 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Now, I believe this is not the place to come for advice. As you peeps know nothing. AND I MEAN NOTHING. T_U_R_N-O-V-E-R-S. That's what a great defense does. Mean while Rodgers throws for 298 and 3 td's.

Coming from the guy that says Cassell didn't start playing well until rumors of Brady coming back. From the turnovers I have seen, it has been more of his receivers not holding onto the ball compared to bad throws. Rodgers looked completely medicore heading into the second half having thrown for 88 yards and no touchdowns.

Edit: And that right there was just a bad throw.
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Coming from the guy that says Cassell didn't start playing well until rumors of Brady coming back. From the turnovers I have seen, it has been more of his receivers not holding onto the ball compared to bad throws. Rodgers looked completely medicore heading into the second half having thrown for 88 yards and no touchdowns.

Edit: And that right there was just a bad throw.

Stop the truck, is that Venom?
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Stop the truck, is that Venom?
Whoa. Are you comparing me to Venom?
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 09:03 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Whoa. Are you comparing me to Venom?

No, not at all. 06GTFucktard.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 09:05 AM
What Can Brown Do For You

I heard Burress is going to play so if you have him start him!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement