All of you OU nut swingers.... - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
All of you OU nut swingers....

Check out this little article and see what you think about your "Strength of Schedule" arguement. Null and void. Thanks for playing.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/notebo.../onthemark1124

Quote:
Strength of schedule
Oklahoma: Two of Oklahoma's 10 victories came against two of the worst teams in college football. The Sooners beat Chattanooga (a 1-11 FCS program) in their Aug. 30 opener and also defeated Washington, which just lost to Washington State to fall to 0-11. Oklahoma didn't play Big 12 North champion Missouri during conference play. The Sooners' 11 opponents have a combined record of 66-58.

Texas: The Longhorns didn't play an FCS opponent and beat UTEP 42-13 on the road. They also beat defending Sun Belt champion Florida Atlantic 52-10 and Rice 52-10. The Owls are 8-3 and are still in contention to play for the Conference USA championship. Texas beat an SEC opponent, Arkansas, 52-10. The Longhorns' 11 opponents have a combined record of 79-54.

Texas Tech: The Red Raiders had no margin for error because they played two FCS opponents, beating Eastern Washington 49-24 and Massachusetts 56-14. Texas Tech's 11 opponents have a combined record of 71-52.

Advantage: Texas. (No FCS opponents were on the schedule, and it played Missouri.)
94StangFiveO is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Up the street
Posts: 809
The official (and weekly updated) NCAA SoS lineup is here....
http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2008/Intern...games_cumm.pdf
DatDude is offline  
post #3 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 03:16 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94StangFiveO
Check out this little article and see what you think about your "Strength of Schedule" arguement. Null and void. Thanks for playing.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/notebo.../onthemark1124


Your point? It's going to happen, get over it.


"Advantage: Texas. (No FCS opponents were on the schedule, and it played Missouri.)

Oklahoma is the hot team as the regular season comes to an end. But Texas is a better team.

The Longhorns have already proved it on the field. "


That article has no bias whatsoever. And that last statement is what is why we need a playoff system. TX is not a better team right now, IMO. Only way to prove it is to have another game. There could be one, if there was a playoff system.
bcoop is offline  
 
post #4 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Someday...
 
915.0GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: G-town/Lubbock
Posts: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Your point? It's going to happen, get over it.


"Advantage: Texas. (No FCS opponents were on the schedule, and it played Missouri.)

Oklahoma is the hot team as the regular season comes to an end. But Texas is a better team.

The Longhorns have already proved it on the field. "


That article has no bias whatsoever. And that last statement is what is why we need a playoff system. TX is not a better team right now, IMO. Only way to prove it is to have another game. There could be one, if there was a playoff system.
I'd love to see a some playoff games between these teams with the 3-way tie on a neutral field. You get a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place real quick then just send #1 in for the Championship. Makes sense to me

WRECK 'EM TECH!!!!!
1991 Ford Mustang GT
-Built & Sprayed 306
915.0GT is offline  
post #5 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Your point? It's going to happen, get over it.


"Advantage: Texas. (No FCS opponents were on the schedule, and it played Missouri.)

Oklahoma is the hot team as the regular season comes to an end. But Texas is a better team.

The Longhorns have already proved it on the field. "


That article has no bias whatsoever. And that last statement is what is why we need a playoff system. TX is not a better team right now, IMO. Only way to prove it is to have another game. There could be one, if there was a playoff system.
Biased? By stating the obvious? If OU was the better team they would've won the game. Nonetheless, it is a prime example of why there needs to be some sort of a playoff.
94StangFiveO is offline  
post #6 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 03:26 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
 
Who Needs 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: A little here, a little there . . .
Posts: 14,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
And that last statement is what is why we need a playoff system. TX is not a better team right now, IMO. Only way to prove it is to have another game. There could be one, if there was a playoff system.

But if there were playoffs, then the Red River Rivalry would be diminished https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=376564

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960


Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.


Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.


"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill


The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Who Needs 8 is offline  
post #7 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 03:34 PM
Banned
 
poopnut2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Fence
Posts: 20,196
I'm only glad that Oklahoma won b/c it helped UT. Usually, you'll never see me root for anything that comes from that god-forsaken state.
poopnut2 is offline  
post #8 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
But if there were playoffs, then the Red River Rivalry would be diminished https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=376564
That guy is just a fucking moron.
94StangFiveO is offline  
post #9 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 03:45 PM
Someday...
 
915.0GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: G-town/Lubbock
Posts: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2
I'm only glad that Oklahoma won b/c it helped UT. Usually, you'll never see me root for anything that comes from that god-forsaken state.
but think of how easy figuring this whole mess out woulda been if Tech had won.

WRECK 'EM TECH!!!!!
1991 Ford Mustang GT
-Built & Sprayed 306
915.0GT is offline  
post #10 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 03:48 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94StangFiveO
Biased? By stating the obvious? If OU was the better team they would've won the game. Nonetheless, it is a prime example of why there needs to be some sort of a playoff.


You're 100% right. Teams never have off games. They don't get better or worse as a season progresses, either.



That is just plain ignorant. UT was better THAT DAY. That doesn't make them a better team. It makes them a better team THAT DAY.
bcoop is offline  
post #11 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 03:48 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by 915.0GT
but think of how easy figuring this whole mess out woulda been if Tech had won.


There's no simple fix with a playoff system. Sure, it might have helped this year. But it has it's drawbacks as well.
bcoop is offline  
post #12 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
You're 100% right. Teams never have off games. They don't get better or worse as a season progresses, either.



That is just plain ignorant. UT was better THAT DAY. That doesn't make them a better team. It makes them a better team THAT DAY.
OK, let's just put an asterik next to the win for UT, I guess they got lucky.

Please, luck only happens horseshoes.
94StangFiveO is offline  
post #13 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94StangFiveO
OK, let's just put an asterik next to the win for UT, I guess they got lucky.

Please, luck only happens horseshoes.


Did I say it was luck? If you're going to try and converse with me, you need an IQ higher than that of a wet fart.


So, you're telling me that teams never get better or worse as the season progresses? I'm just trying to clarify here, before you look stupid.
bcoop is offline  
post #14 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 03:59 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Did I say it was luck? If you're going to try and converse with me, you need an IQ higher than that of a wet fart.


So, you're telling me that teams never get better or worse as the season progresses? I'm just trying to clarify here, before you look stupid.


TRUE, but ou was blowing teams out before ut and they're doing it afterwards. Looks the same to me.
bert89coupe is offline  
post #15 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Did I say it was luck? If you're going to try and converse with me, you need an IQ higher than that of a wet fart.


So, you're telling me that teams never get better or worse as the season progresses? I'm just trying to clarify here, before you look stupid.
Where did I say that? All I said was if OU was the better team, they would've won. That's pretty much the end of it so I don't why you're trying to drag something out because you disagree. Get over it, they lost. They're not the better team.
94StangFiveO is offline  
post #16 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 04:09 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
TRUE, but ou was blowing teams out before ut and they're doing it afterwards. Looks the same to me.


They lost two defensive players there for a while. One actually got hurt in the UT game.
bcoop is offline  
post #17 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94StangFiveO
Where did I say that? All I said was if OU was the better team, they would've won. That's pretty much the end of it so I don't why you're trying to drag something out because you disagree. Get over it, they lost. They're not the better team.


Jesus Christ, you just don't fucking get it, do you? You're completely dismissing the fact that teams get better/worse throughout the season. If you can't understand that, nothing I can do can improve your IQ.
bcoop is offline  
post #18 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 04:11 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
They lost two defensive players there for a while. One actually got hurt in the UT game.


and? UT lost their Tight End before that game.
bert89coupe is offline  
post #19 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 04:12 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
and? UT lost their Tight End before that game.


Seriously? You hit a slump when historically big playmakers go down to an injury, and their backup isn't half the player they were.....
bcoop is offline  
post #20 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Jesus Christ, you just don't fucking get it, do you? You're completely dismissing the fact that teams get better/worse throughout the season. If you can't understand that, nothing I can do can improve your IQ.
That has nothing to do with it. If it was relevant I might acknowledge it.
94StangFiveO is offline  
post #21 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 04:14 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94StangFiveO
That has nothing to do with it. If it was relevant I might acknowledge it.


It IS relevant. You just can't put two and two together. Keep hating all you want, I couldn't care less. I'll be the one laughing when OU jumps UT in the BCS standings next week.
bcoop is offline  
post #22 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 04:16 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Seriously? You hit a slump when historically big playmakers go down to an injury, and their backup isn't half the player they were.....


no, i just wanted to post something. BUT, everybody behind Irby fucking sucks lol
bert89coupe is offline  
post #23 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
It IS relevant. You just can't put two and two together. Keep hating all you want, I couldn't care less. I'll be the one laughing when OU jumps UT in the BCS standings next week.
If OU blows out OSU, it could definitely happen.
94StangFiveO is offline  
post #24 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 04:17 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
no, i just wanted to post something. BUT, everybody behind Irby fucking sucks lol


hahaha
bcoop is offline  
post #25 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 06:39 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn
 
ZYouL8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Laughlin AFB
Posts: 5,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Seriously? You hit a slump when historically big playmakers go down to an injury, and their backup isn't half the player they were.....
If that's your argument then you should have lost the rest of your games because I'm pretty sure Reynolds has not returned.

Come on dude, you're one of the smarter and more logical guys on here. Using the "Team X is better right now" argument just doesn't work when the teams have already played. If that were the case, then every game ever played could have an asterisk because the team that won was only better that day, not necessarily better overall.

Bottom line is, the two teams played at a neutral site, and one team came out a double digit winner. If the roles were reversed, and it was OU who won and Texas was the "hot" team now, you'd be saying the same thing. The whole reason for a playoff was so teams could decide it on the field instead of through votes and rankings. Well guess what, Texas-OU WAS decided on the field.

ZYouL8R is offline  
post #26 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 09:11 PM
Just slummin'
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 372
Every team has their good days and bad days. We had chances to win several times in the UT game, but we didn't...no argument there from me. That doesn't mean it would be the same if we met again. If you all would be honest there's no way you would want UT playing the team OU had on the field Saturday.....that was a nearly perfect performance. We'll see how it all plays out, all we (and TX) can do is win next week and see how it all sorts out.

1998 F150 NASCAR editiion
digdoug is offline  
post #27 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 09:13 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
You're 100% right. Teams never have off games. They don't get better or worse as a season progresses, either.



That is just plain ignorant. UT was better THAT DAY. That doesn't make them a better team. It makes them a better team THAT DAY.
I've heard this argument before. Oh yeah, Pro Trash, A&M v. UT last year.
exlude is offline  
post #28 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Retired Gun
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 5,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
You're 100% right. Teams never have off games. They don't get better or worse as a season progresses, either.



That is just plain ignorant. UT was better THAT DAY. That doesn't make them a better team. It makes them a better team THAT DAY.
So....Using your theory......Texas was the best team in the big 12 last year before Colt was injured? I mean you keep blaming OU's loss to UT this year because the leading tackler went down for the season. You are fucking pathetic.
ToRqUeTwIsTeR is offline  
post #29 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 09:48 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToRqUeTwIsTeR
So....Using your theory......Texas was the best team in the big 12 last year before Colt was injured? I mean you keep blaming OU's loss to UT this year because the leading tackler went down for the season. You are fucking pathetic.
well in his defense, they lost the "qb" of their D in that game, up to that point OU was controling the game hands down, minus special teams. He was the play caller, he called the audibles to the d and he was the leader. if you watch the game b4 he goes down and after he goes down, it is night and day difference.

Cartman is offline  
post #30 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 10:05 PM
Retired Gun
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 5,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
well in his defense, they lost the "qb" of their D in that game, up to that point OU was controling the game hands down, minus special teams. He was the play caller, he called the audibles to the d and he was the leader. if you watch the game b4 he goes down and after he goes down, it is night and day difference.
Are you Cap'n Save-A-Hoe? Please.....don't encourage this idiot anymore. The less he posts the better the world will be.
ToRqUeTwIsTeR is offline  
post #31 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 10:07 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToRqUeTwIsTeR
Are you Cap'n Save-A-Hoe? Please.....don't encourage this idiot anymore. The less he posts the better the world will be.
no, i am just stating that this time his argument is correct. hey even OU fans get it right once in a while

Cartman is offline  
post #32 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 10:10 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 455
you guys are kicking a dead horse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

1994 Cobra
1996 Accord
2005 Suzuki Quadsport Z-400
2003 Arctic Cat ZL-600 SS EFI Its a snowmobile!
RJDCobra is offline  
post #33 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 10:42 PM
Retired Gun
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 5,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJDCobra
you guys are kicking a dead horse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
My thoughts exactly....
ToRqUeTwIsTeR is offline  
post #34 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 11:30 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Burleson
Posts: 755
Tech wanted badly to beat TEXAS and #1 team at the time. Tech will be talking about beating Texas this year forever. I know they would had loved to beat OU but they wanted the game and played at home against Texas. UT got beat bad 1st half and 2nd half showed how easy it was to catch Tech they just couldn't finish it. Just like you argue if Texas played OU again and OU would win, if Texas played Tech again at Texas or neutral sight then Texas would win. Home field advantage with these 3 teams means alot. The fans at these schools help the team alot. OU played Tech at home and beat them. Texas played OU at a neutral sight and beat OU. Tech beat Texas at their home. These 3 teams playing at home could make the difference in winning or losing. OU fans you played well SATURDAY, you should have played well against Texas and there would be no arguing who is better. I believe TEXAS and OU are so close that whoever would play at home would win. Texas beat you, they took your defensive QB out of the game and hit your weak spot. TEXAS won and is ahead in BCS pole end of story. SHOULD HAVE BEAT TEXAS
kwikstang91 is offline  
post #35 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 11:35 PM
Retired Gun
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 5,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikstang91
Tech wanted badly to beat TEXAS and #1 team at the time. Tech will be talking about beating Texas this year forever. I know they would had loved to beat OU but they wanted the game and played at home against Texas. UT got beat bad 1st half and 2nd half showed how easy it was to catch Tech they just couldn't finish it. Just like you argue if Texas played OU again and OU would win, if Texas played Tech again at Texas or neutral sight then Texas would win. Home field advantage with these 3 teams means alot. The fans at these schools help the team alot. OU played Tech at home and beat them. Texas played OU at a neutral sight and beat OU. Tech beat Texas at their home. These 3 teams playing at home could make the difference in winning or losing. OU fans you played well SATURDAY, you should have played well against Texas and there would be no arguing who is better. I believe TEXAS and OU are so close that whoever would play at home would win. Texas beat you, they took your defensive QB out of the game and hit your weak spot. TEXAS won and is ahead in BCS pole end of story. SHOULD HAVE BEAT TEXAS
nanna-nanna-boo-boo
ToRqUeTwIsTeR is offline  
post #36 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 05:50 AM
What Can Brown Do For You
 
regaltip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,667
Predicting what will happen is pretty stupid right now because no one is to say that OU will beat OSU or if Texas will win on Thursday... If it were up to just predictions our teams would win the National Championship every year. Or we would continue to make lame excuses to why we didn't win a particular game.
regaltip is offline  
post #37 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 05:56 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by regaltip
Predicting what will happen is pretty stupid right now because no one is to say that OU will beat OSU or if Texas will win on Thursday... If it were up to just predictions our teams would win the National Championship every year. Or we would continue to make lame excuses to why we didn't win a particular game.
Come Thursday, UT needs to get that monkey off their back. I think a 60+ point beating would be appropriate against Aggie...at least it would make ME feel better.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #38 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 06:15 AM
Dyno Racing King!!!
 
Juiceweezl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 2V-ville
Posts: 3,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
well in his defense, they lost the "qb" of their D in that game, up to that point OU was controling the game hands down, minus special teams. He was the play caller, he called the audibles to the d and he was the leader. if you watch the game b4 he goes down and after he goes down, it is night and day difference.
Let's use BCOOP's logic here. So you're saying that a team can't get better as the season or game in this case goes along? You mean a team can't adjust to the way a defense is playing to take advantage of something? Seriously people. Injuries happen, and teams deal with it or they don't. It's a part of every game. If you want to use that excuse, Cosby hurt his ribs in the first few plays against TT. He was ineffective in the first half and didn't play in the second. You could argue that he's the 2nd or 3rd most valuable player to UT. IMO, that's not an excuse for losing. I agree with the article.

The facts are UT has played a tougher schedule. They played a grueling stretch of 4 games in a row, without a bye week to get ready for Tech. Their loss is "better" than OU's because it was on the road, by less points, and occurred on the last play of the game. We can search the RRS thread and find where many of you OU fans agreed that UT physically whipped OU in the game. You can't say that about UT/TT. Yes, TT whipped them in the first half, but UT turned all of that around in the second when they came back. On top of all of that, when trying to determine the higher ranked of two teams, head to head should be the deal breaker. If every week is supposed to be so important to the season, then you can't argue with the fact that UT should be ranked higher.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
Juiceweezl is offline  
post #39 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 07:01 AM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl
Let's use BCOOP's logic here. So you're saying that a team can't get better as the season or game in this case goes along? You mean a team can't adjust to the way a defense is playing to take advantage of something? Seriously people. Injuries happen, and teams deal with it or they don't. It's a part of every game. If you want to use that excuse, Cosby hurt his ribs in the first few plays against TT. He was ineffective in the first half and didn't play in the second. You could argue that he's the 2nd or 3rd most valuable player to UT. IMO, that's not an excuse for losing. I agree with the article.
it is true injuries happen, lets say colt goes down vs a&m UT chance at winning just shot down about 20% from 99%, but if colt goes down vs OU, ut loses without question. he is the leader. I am happy ut beat ou but i think they caught a break with that injury. Last year if mcfadden was hurt and they played anybody with a decent team they would lose or struggle to win.

Some players are that important.

Cartman is offline  
post #40 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 07:48 AM
BOOMER SOONER!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Posts: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2
I'm only glad that Oklahoma won b/c it helped UT. Usually, you'll never see me root for anything that comes from that god-forsaken state.
and ya gotta pull for them again this week, hurts doesn't it?
BlueThunder99TA is offline  
post #41 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 08:56 AM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Your point? It's going to happen, get over it.


"Advantage: Texas. (No FCS opponents were on the schedule, and it played Missouri.)

Oklahoma is the hot team as the regular season comes to an end. But Texas is a better team.

The Longhorns have already proved it on the field. "


That article has no bias whatsoever. And that last statement is what is why we need a playoff system. TX is not a better team right now, IMO. Only way to prove it is to have another game. There could be one, if there was a playoff system.

They prioved they could beat by Texas Tech in the last minute of a game when they had the lead. OU dominated TT, but all this chatter means nothing, not one of us can predict with certainty who will be headed to the big game in Jan as of today.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #42 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 10:50 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikstang91
Tech wanted badly to beat TEXAS and #1 team at the time. Tech will be talking about beating Texas this year forever. I know they would had loved to beat OU but they wanted the game and played at home against Texas. UT got beat bad 1st half and 2nd half showed how easy it was to catch Tech they just couldn't finish it. Just like you argue if Texas played OU again and OU would win, if Texas played Tech again at Texas or neutral sight then Texas would win. Home field advantage with these 3 teams means alot. The fans at these schools help the team alot. OU played Tech at home and beat them. Texas played OU at a neutral sight and beat OU. Tech beat Texas at their home. These 3 teams playing at home could make the difference in winning or losing. OU fans you played well SATURDAY, you should have played well against Texas and there would be no arguing who is better. I believe TEXAS and OU are so close that whoever would play at home would win. Texas beat you, they took your defensive QB out of the game and hit your weak spot. TEXAS won and is ahead in BCS pole end of story. SHOULD HAVE BEAT TEXAS

This week.......and it's poll. for those of you that need the sarcasm wink.
stock85 is offline  
post #43 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 12:35 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
not necessarily. OU went to the national championship game without winning their conference. OU loses to OK St., Tech wins the Big 12 via the head to head and Texas moves up to #2 in both polls if they beat Aggie. Texas stays idle at #2 for the Big 12 Championship week. Who would then jump Texas in the BCS?
Right......Ou did go on to face LSU, after K.State beat them 35-7 in the BIG 12 championship.
That was the year of the SPLIT Title in the BCS ERA.....USC & LSU

But it could happen like that with Texas. Would be interesting If OU loses, Tech goes to BIG 12 CG and loses to Mizz

Last edited by WhoaTX5.0; 11-25-2008 at 01:31 PM.
WhoaTX5.0 is offline  
post #44 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 01:00 PM
BOOMER SOONER!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Posts: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoaTX5.0
Right......Ou did go on to face LSU, after K.State beat them 35-7 in the BIG 12 championship.
That was the year of the SPLIT Title in the BCS.....USC & LSU

But it could happen like that with Texas. Would be interesting If OU loses, Tech goes to BIG 12 CG and loses to Mizz
there was no split title in the BCS, USC decided the AP title was as good as the crystal ball, LSU won the BCS.
BlueThunder99TA is offline  
post #45 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 01:30 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder99TA
there was no split title in the BCS, USC decided the AP title was as good as the crystal ball, LSU won the BCS.
Ok, let me word it perfect.
That was the year of the split national title in the BCS era.
Lsu beat Oklahoma (bcs national title game)
Usc beat Michigan(rose bowl) Won AP national title
WhoaTX5.0 is offline  
post #46 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 10:53 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Next Door
Posts: 1,870

99BRINGIT is offline  
post #47 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 12:28 PM
Just slummin'
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BRINGIT
Now that's some funny shit.

1998 F150 NASCAR editiion
digdoug is offline  
post #48 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 01:40 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Next Door
Posts: 1,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by digdoug
Now that's some funny shit.

I aim to please!!!!

99BRINGIT is offline  
post #49 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 01:52 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
I've heard this argument before. Oh yeah, Pro Trash, A&M v. UT last year.
A&M had two great days then, one in 06 and the other in 07, LOL.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #50 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 04:04 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Next Door
Posts: 1,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
A&M had two great days then, one in 06 and the other in 07, LOL.

Just like Texas had one great day, on October 11th 2008. They won the game, but they weren't the better team.

99BRINGIT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome