Football Rankings???? - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Dyno Racing King!!!
 
Juiceweezl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 2V-ville
Posts: 3,675
Football Rankings????

Can someone please explain to me how a team that lost at home to an unranked (at the time opponent) can be ranked ahead of Texas (beat a #1 and only loss on last play of the game on the road to a top 10 team) and Oklahoma (lost on a neutral site to a top 5 team)? Yes, I'm talking about Florida. If everyone says no playoff because that makes each week count so much, why isn't Florida being penalized for losing to an unranked team AT HOME? Jeez. Yes, I'm a UT guy, and I don't know that you can settle the who's ranked higher between UT/OU, but both should be in front of FL. Two people actually voted Florida #1. Those people should lose their right to vote. I'm out.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
Juiceweezl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 02:43 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
If you've watched Florida play the last few weeks, they are playing the best football in the country...I hate the SEC and believe me I HATE Florida...
Nate is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
The BCS loves to suck Flordia's cock, along with that of any other SEC team. It's terrible but you've got to learn to live with it.

Slowhand is offline  
 
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Burleson
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
The BCS loves to suck Flordia's cock, along with that of any other SEC team. It's terrible but you've got to learn to live with it.

How do they suck their cock they. just because the SEC has won the NCG the last two years dont get pissed they deserved it then as for rankings when the BCS comes out i dont think it will be the same. plus if they do jump Texas its cause they had a bye week. As for riding cock you must not watch much colllege football cause every channel i watch is riding UT and Colts cock.
joshscoupe is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 03:21 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshscoupe
How do they suck their cock they. just because the SEC has won the NCG the last two years dont get pissed they deserved it then as for rankings when the BCS comes out i dont think it will be the same. plus if they do jump Texas its cause they had a bye week. As for riding cock you must not watch much colllege football cause every channel i watch is riding UT and Colts cock.
I'm attempting to type up a response to this but your horrific grammar is making it difficult to do in a concise manner.

People are always looking for a reason to put Florida atop the polls. The fact that two people voted for Flordia to be #1 even with a loss to an unranked team further proves this point. That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying that Texas should be ranked ahead of them but I've got to question some of the motives as to why it's an apparent no brainer.

Slowhand is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Burleson
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
I'm attempting to type up a response to this but your horrific grammar is making it difficult to do in a concise manner.

People are always looking for a reason to put Florida atop the polls. The fact that two people voted for Flordia to be #1 even with a loss to an unranked team further proves this point. That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying that Texas should be ranked ahead of them but I've got to question some of the motives as to why it's an apparent no brainer.

That is your only comeback is my grammar come the fuck on dumbass. And right now UF ,OU, are the top two teams in football right now the way they are playing. And when do people always try to put UF ahead 06 which they proved why they were # 1 and now which yes they had a bad loss but have recovered since then.
joshscoupe is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 03:30 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshscoupe
That is your only comeback is my grammar come the fuck on dumbass. And right now UF ,OU, are the top two teams in football right now the way they are playing. And when do people always try to put UF ahead 06 which they proved why they were # 1 and now which yes they had a bad loss but have recovered since then.
Jesus Christ. What the fuck are you trying to say?

Slowhand is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 03:34 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Burleson
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
Jesus Christ. What the fuck are you trying to say?

ARE you that much of a dumbass. I know you dont know much about college football but shit i thought you could understand that.
joshscoupe is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshscoupe
ARE you that much of a dumbass. I know you dont know much about college football but shit i thought you could understand that.
LOL. You've got some very valid points but you really struggle to get them across in an understandable manner.

Slowhand is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 03:44 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 398
I am a huge UT fan.
But I would say right now FLA & OU are playing GREAT.
As Texas was idle, it did hurt them.

As far as 1 & 2,(Alabama #1 and Florida # 2) fuck it...... It doesnt matter right now, as those 2 teams will play it each other in the sec championship game.
So one of those 2 teams will fall.

**** I think the BCS standings will look like this****
1.Alabama
2.Texas(might be a little high as they were idle, i dont see them falling from #3)
3.Fla(OU could be here)
4.Okla(Fla could be here)
5.Usc
6.Penn st
7.Utah
8.Texas tech



We will see when the bcs standings come out in about an hour.

Last edited by WhoaTX5.0; 11-23-2008 at 04:40 PM.
WhoaTX5.0 is offline  
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 03:44 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Burleson
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
LOL. You've got some very valid points but you really struggle to get them across in an understandable manner.

So that is your only comeback to being wrong. My only point is when does the media ride UFs nuts and try to put them at the top ?
joshscoupe is offline  
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoaTX5.0
I am a huge UT fan.
But I would say righ now FLA & OU are playing GREAT.
As Texas was idle, it did hurt them.

As far as 1 & 2,(Alabama #1 and Florida # 2) fuck it...... It doesnt matter right now, as those 2 teams will play it each other in the sec championship game.
So one of those 2 teams will fall.

**** I think the BCS standings will look like this****
1.Alabama
2.Texas(might be a little high as they were idle, i dont see them falling from #3)
3.Fla
4.Okla
5.Usc
6.Penn st
7.Utah
8.Texas tech



We will see when the bcs standings come out in about an hour.
I love the 'Horn's, but I see them at 4th. The first 3 will be 'Bama, Fla. and OU in some order.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshscoupe
So that is your only comeback to being wrong. My only point is when does the media ride UFs nuts and try to put them at the top ?
Every single year. I'm just not sure that most teams would remain as highly ranked as Flordia did this year after a loss at home to a very mediocre, unranked Ole Miss team.

Slowhand is offline  
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Burleson
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
I love the 'Horn's, but I see them at 4th. The first 3 will be 'Bama, Fla. and OU in some order.

You think UT will fall just because they were idle i see them staying at 3 and OU jumping to 2 with Florida at 4 which that sucks but the gators shouldnt have played the Citadel. And im not worried cause they will beat bama so they have time to jump up and play for the NC i just hope it is UF vs UT
joshscoupe is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Burleson
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
Every single year. I'm just not sure that most teams would remain as highly ranked as Flordia did this year after a loss at home to a very mediocre, unranked Ole Miss team.

Yes it sucks that they lost but have you seen them play after the loss. Also its not every single year cause last year they dropped one to a ranked team and dropped 12 spots. If it UT would have dropped a game like this the same thing would happen. Plus teams get better over the year and when they play a big 12 team in the NCG they will show why they are ranked that high. You are right the BCS has their favorites but UF is not the only one they just happen to be the only one this year.
joshscoupe is offline  
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
I love the 'Horn's, but I see them at 4th. The first 3 will be 'Bama, Fla. and OU in some order.

You might be right...But I hope not......

I was also looking at Texas had a DECENT lead on Oklahoma in the bcs standings...
texas was #3 but oklahoma did blow out tech.....

Also if you look at the computers, they LOVE texas.....1 computer had texas ranked 1.... There worst was #3 in the computer ranking

In my outlook, i dont see them dropping from #3, but i could be wrong.
WhoaTX5.0 is offline  
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshscoupe
You think UT will fall just because they were idle i see them staying at 3 and OU jumping to 2 with Florida at 4 which that sucks but the gators shouldnt have played the Citadel. And im not worried cause they will beat bama so they have time to jump up and play for the NC i just hope it is UF vs UT
I can see that happening.
Texas staying at #3 and OU or Fla at #2.......
hopefully the head to head with Texas/OU will come into play..... but in the same statement, Tech could say they beat texas head to head.
WhoaTX5.0 is offline  
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 04:15 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoaTX5.0
I am a huge UT fan.
But I would say righ now FLA & OU are playing GREAT.
As Texas was idle, it did hurt them.

As far as 1 & 2,(Alabama #1 and Florida # 2) fuck it...... It doesnt matter right now, as those 2 teams will play it each other in the sec championship game.
So one of those 2 teams will fall.

**** I think the BCS standings will look like this****
1.Alabama
2.Texas(might be a little high as they were idle, i dont see them falling from #3)
3.Fla
4.Okla
5.Usc
6.Penn st
7.Utah
8.Texas tech



We will see when the bcs standings come out in about an hour.
You've got to be high. OU beats #2, and doesn't even move up?
bcoop is offline  
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 04:27 PM
bud
Bleh
 
bud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Texas/Colorado
Posts: 1,107
Harris poll is out...






Rank Team Record Points



Previous Game

Next Game

Previous Week's Rank










1 Alabama (108) 11-0 2,839 Idle Auburn 1
2 Florida (3) 10-1 2,644 Beat Citadel 70-19 at No. 23 Florida State 3

3 Oklahoma (2) 10-1 2,598 Beat No. 2 Texas Tech 65-21 at No. 12 Oklahoma State 5

4 Texas 10-1 2,577 Idle Texas A&M (Thur) 4
5 USC 9-1 2,387 Idle Notre Dame 6


2003 Mustang GT - SOLD!

New Project Coming Soon
bud is offline  
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 04:36 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
You've got to be high. OU beats #2, and doesn't even move up?
But I did say in above post that OU or Fla could be #2....

I dont see Texas falling from #3. But I COULD BE WRONG.
Only thing for sure is Alabama will be #1 in the bcs when it comes out in a few
WhoaTX5.0 is offline  
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 04:49 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Burleson
Posts: 308
I just hope Bama beats Auburn so they are still ranked # 1 when Florida plays them to give UF that extra push at the end. That is if they can win out
joshscoupe is offline  
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Dyno Racing King!!!
 
Juiceweezl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 2V-ville
Posts: 3,675
Lots of good arguments in here, and I agree that the polls are being used as a "snapshot" at how well teams are playing now, but that conflicts with the opinion of not having a playoff because the games each week all matter in the current system. I still say Florida isn't being penalized enough for losing, and losing at home to an unranked. I stand by my comment that some voters need their right to vote removed. Is Citadel even a D1 school? How can that game even change Florida's ranking at all? I still say that you have to look at all the parts together, and I believe Texas and OU should be ranked 2 & 3 right now in no particular order. Heck, I think you could argue they should rematch for the national title. Look at a few things.

Texas lost on the last play of the game on the road to whatever Tech was ranked at the time. It was the last game of 4 consecutive weeks playing highly ranked teams. They haven't had a close game other than the Tech one.

OU has looked super impressive since their loss (which was to the team that went to #1 and on a neutral site). They have defended their turf and played some good opponents in TCU and Cincy. They have not had the 4 game stretch that UT had and had a week off before Tech. That should certainly factor in someone's vote just as the fact that they've scored 60 so many times as well.

I honestly believe they are the 2 best teams in the country, and it's a shame we can't see them play again for the title.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
Juiceweezl is offline  
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 09:36 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl
Lots of good arguments in here, and I agree that the polls are being used as a "snapshot" at how well teams are playing now, but that conflicts with the opinion of not having a playoff because the games each week all matter in the current system. I still say Florida isn't being penalized enough for losing, and losing at home to an unranked. I stand by my comment that some voters need their right to vote removed. Is Citadel even a D1 school? How can that game even change Florida's ranking at all? I still say that you have to look at all the parts together, and I believe Texas and OU should be ranked 2 & 3 right now in no particular order. Heck, I think you could argue they should rematch for the national title. Look at a few things.

Texas lost on the last play of the game on the road to whatever Tech was ranked at the time. It was the last game of 4 consecutive weeks playing highly ranked teams. They haven't had a close game other than the Tech one.

OU has looked super impressive since their loss (which was to the team that went to #1 and on a neutral site). They have defended their turf and played some good opponents in TCU and Cincy. They have not had the 4 game stretch that UT had and had a week off before Tech. That should certainly factor in someone's vote just as the fact that they've scored 60 so many times as well.

I honestly believe they are the 2 best teams in the country, and it's a shame we can't see them play again for the title.
well said. I totally agree, but you will get these OU homers that will say they should be ranked higher then Texas and if they did play again OU would roll Texas. There is a reason why we make fun of people from OK or cheer for OK teams.
Badass2000gt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome