I can't FUCKING believe what my Eagles have done...... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

I can't FUCKING believe what my Eagles have done......

Wth the Season on the line today, McNabb turns the ball over 3 times in the first half. The bad play is not all on him at all. I have watched every single snap this season and it is more playcalling than McNabb's fault.

So the majority of fans that want McNabb out and Kevin Kolb in are getting what they deserve right now. Kolb looks fucking pathetic and finally had a good drive to the Ravens 1, only to throw an INT and 108 yard return for a TD to Ed Reed.

McNabb is a top 5 QB when he is on. When a QB has a bad game or stretch you don't fucking bench him cause some fans are upset.

Romo in Dallas has had terrible stretches. But he keeps firing and gets back into it.

Philly pulling McNabb today has me for the 1st time in my life questioning my team. McNabb is the best QB on the team by far. To only be down 5 points with you season on the line at half and to bench him is fucking ridiculous.

Fuck that, I know it will make Dallas fans happy, but holy shit am I pissed off. Any football fan knows benching McNabb is the most idiotic thing to do.

Fuck that decision, I am pissed......................

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Lifer

Yeah that didnt make sense at all to me either.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 02:28 PM

it made me laugh.

89 Coupe
02 GT

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 02:29 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

I'm smiling.

post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Lifer

Poor decision by Andy Reid.

Good result for the Boys.

Yeah!

"...no matter how good you are...you aint jack unless you get off your fat ass and do some work..."
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 02:58 PM
Lifer

post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 03:06 PM
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!

McNabb is too stupid to play the game. Fuck Philly.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk
McNabb is too stupid to play the game. Fuck Philly.
I hate Philly as much as the next dude, but where is the logic in your statement?

post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Texas Rangers #1

Watching the Eagles made me feel better about the Dolphins losing.

post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Resident Epicurean

I'm smiling as well, but I do agree that pulling him was retarded. My buddy started McNabb in ff today. -4, ouch!
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 03:27 PM
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
I hate Philly as much as the next dude, but where is the logic in your statement?
The fact that he believed there was a such thing as double overtime during regular season play last week and then fucking himself with a shitty passing game this week.
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk
The fact that he believed there was a such thing as double overtime during regular season play last week and then fucking himself with a shitty passing game this week.

Read the fucking news dipshit. About 150 other players came out and said they didn't know that either. Not all the players know all the rules.

Should he have known that rule, yes............ Does it mean everyone in the NFL does, of course not.

McNabb's a great QB, Philly coaching and management made a fucking terrible decision today and it cost the team. Plain and simple.

post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Lifer

I couldn't believe it...As much as McNabb has had Reeds back with all of his family problems. I guess McNabb is on his way out of Philly. Thats ok he can come be Romo's backup next season....j/k
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 05:42 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecobra95
Philly coaching and management made a fucking terrible decision today and it cost the team. Plain and simple.

Each year, I've been liking Andy Reid as a coach, more and more. Today is definitely one of those monumental lack of judgement situations. I can't help but wonder what the fuck is going on in his head.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 05:44 PM
Very Interesting

Quote:
Read the fucking news dipshit. About 150 other players came out and said they didn't know that either. Not all the players know all the rules.

Should he have known that rule, yes............ Does it mean everyone in the NFL does, of course not.

McNabb's a great QB, Philly coaching and management made a fucking terrible decision today and it cost the team. Plain and simple.
While i tend to agree, not everyone knew that rule, and even I didn't... But how the fuck does the QB, leader of the offense not know?

McNabb just isn't the same QB he has been in the past, something was wrong with him today, and they felt there was no coming back from it, so they took a risk. They lost because of it, but there has to be something else going on.

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Robert Galarga

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Each year, I've been liking Andy Reid as a coach, more and more. Today is definitely one of those monumental lack of judgement situations. I can't help but wonder what the fuck is going on in his head.
from what ive heard reed and mcnabb are on their way out the door..... i think pulling mcnabb is his way of trying to save his job... i hate philly!! but even with mcnabb's injuries i think he is more of an asset (when he is healthy) to the team than reed is i could be wrong though

2004 pontiac gtslow
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 08:25 PM
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!

Quote:

cry some more...
You want to call me names because I shit on your precious QB? LOL
McNabb should be asked when was the last time was he saw a regular NFL season game go into double overtime. He gets paid millions of dollars to play the game. That's like you forgetting the basic fundamentals of your job you do every day!
I highly doubt benching that dumbass cost your team shit. That's your excuse why they lost? Get a grip. They suck. McNabb was sucking and his game showed it. If he doesn't unfuck himself he will be gone by season end.
Fuck McNabb
Fuck the Eagles
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 07:08 AM
dead

it just seems that mcnabb starts off a season on fire then starts dragging ass before getting injured. he is a good qb when he is on but that only seems about 50% of the time.

just my 2 cents.
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo stallion
it just seems that mcnabb starts off a season on fire then starts dragging ass before getting injured. he is a good qb when he is on but that only seems about 50% of the time.

just my 2 cents.

After cooling down from the monumental pissed off mood yesterday I still feel the same in a sense.

McNabb has lead the Eagles to the 3rd best winning team the past decade with nothing more than a good defense. He had TO one year and shitty receivers the rest of his tenure.

A QB"s BEST weapon is a RUNNING game,. The Eagles have not had this in a few years and it is dramatically hurting McNabb's paly. No QB can be asked to carry the load he has been asked to carry.

I love my Eagles and I love McNabb. I will hope they see they still have a chance and start McNabb this Thursday. If not, I will root for McNabb wherever he goes and still bleed Eagles green.

get a damn running attack, call more balance. that's what they did when Garcia was in tehre and they looked phenominal a few years back. Give McNabb some damn weapons and play as a team. Giving up is not a word Philly fans or teams know, and I think they did that yesterday. taht is what majorly pissed me off.....

post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 08:45 AM
Grapevine Ford

Ny Jets Ftmfw!!!

Skip Harmon
Director of Sales
Grapevine Ford/Lincoln
817-319-2298
www.grapevineford.com
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN449
Ny Jets Ftmfw!!!

That has no relevance in here. LMAO

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 09:25 AM
What Can Brown Do For You

Quote:
After cooling down from the monumental pissed off mood yesterday I still feel the same in a sense.

McNabb has lead the Eagles to the 3rd best winning team the past decade with nothing more than a good defense. He had TO one year and shitty receivers the rest of his tenure.

A QB"s BEST weapon is a RUNNING game,. The Eagles have not had this in a few years and it is dramatically hurting McNabb's paly. No QB can be asked to carry the load he has been asked to carry.

I love my Eagles and I love McNabb. I will hope they see they still have a chance and start McNabb this Thursday. If not, I will root for McNabb wherever he goes and still bleed Eagles green.

get a damn running attack, call more balance. that's what they did when Garcia was in tehre and they looked phenominal a few years back. Give McNabb some damn weapons and play as a team. Giving up is not a word Philly fans or teams know, and I think they did that yesterday. taht is what majorly pissed me off.....
I see Philly in the same hot seat Dallas was in like 5 years ago. No QB and nothing around him that is worth keeping. I see Reid and McNabb parting ways.
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 09:35 AM
Lifer

I bet TO was partying it up when he heard. He had a breakout day and Mcnab got benched.

BTW-Westbrook is an awesome RB and you can't blame Mcnab's poor play on the running game. He is missing throws and his arm can't last a full season.

"The problem with doing nothing is you never know when your finished."
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 09:46 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_Stang
Watching the Eagles made me feel better about the Dolphins losing.
lol....
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ-95GT
I bet TO was partying it up when he heard. He had a breakout day and Mcnab got benched.

BTW-Westbrook is an awesome RB and you can't blame Mcnab's poor play on the running game. He is missing throws and his arm can't last a full season.

Westbrook is hurt and not runnign well. Their lack of commitment to the run is to blame. the O line is the biggest in the league and they have Westbrook, no fucking excuse to call 75% pass plays on no running plays.

In the past they have used the screed as their form of a running play but they have even abandoned that recently.

Use Buckhalter in the runnign game and stick with it. When you are calling 75-80% passes no team will ever bit on the Playaction, and that is their staple in the offense. If you don't fear the running game playing the pass becomes quite easy.

Is he not that accurate right now, yes. Do the Eagles lead the league in Dropped passes yes. No running game and shitty receivers, and this is what you get. All the blame on teh QB. It's ridiculous.

I can't beleive I am saying this, but get rid of Reid over McNabb and make a trade for a top notch receiver. then balance the offense and Westbrook becomes and immediate threat again.

post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Keep jocking

It was a stupid decision but I HATE the eagles so, I'm pretty stoked.
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Grapevine Ford

Wink

Quote:
Westbrook is hurt and not runnign well. Their lack of commitment to the run is to blame. the O line is the biggest in the league and they have Westbrook, no fucking excuse to call 75% pass plays on no running plays.

In the past they have used the screed as their form of a running play but they have even abandoned that recently.

Use Buckhalter in the runnign game and stick with it. When you are calling 75-80% passes no team will ever bit on the Playaction, and that is their staple in the offense. If you don't fear the running game playing the pass becomes quite easy.

Is he not that accurate right now, yes. Do the Eagles lead the league in Dropped passes yes. No running game and shitty receivers, and this is what you get. All the blame on teh QB. It's ridiculous.

I can't beleive I am saying this, but get rid of Reid over McNabb and make a trade for a top notch receiver. then balance the offense and Westbrook becomes and immediate threat again.
Not to rain on your parade too much....but I think Buckhalter got hurt in the game and will not be seeing the field for a while.....and if you guys keep losing like this....you won't have to trade for a good wideout....you can draft one!!

Skip Harmon
Director of Sales
Grapevine Ford/Lincoln
817-319-2298
www.grapevineford.com
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN449
Not to rain on your parade too much....but I think Buckhalter got hurt in the game and will not be seeing the field for a while.....and if you guys keep losing like this....you won't have to trade for a good wideout....you can draft one!!

Yeah Buckhalter sprained his MCL and for some reason they went into the game with a banged up Westbrook and only one other back suited up. If that doesn't say no commitment to the run I don't know what does.

Buck is said to be out MAYBE 4 weeks. NO bueno at all. In comes Lorenzo Booker.....

No rookie WR please. DeSean Jackson is good and all, but the Eagles need a big established WR.

McNabb is starting Thursday night, I can't wait to see if he responds and what the game plan will be against the high flying Cardinals Offense.......

post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 02:18 PM
Lifer

As a Cowboys fan, I am ecstatic about the Eagles' decision to bench McNabb. Every QB has a bad day. You can't bench them without TELLING them before returning to the field after halftime though.. lol...
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
As a Cowboys fan, I am ecstatic about the Eagles' decision to bench McNabb. Every QB has a bad day. You can't bench them without TELLING them before returning to the field after halftime though.. lol...

They told McNabb in teh locker room. the QB coach told him though, Not head Coach Reid. that's apparently how they handle those situatuions according to Reid's Press Conference today.

Starting WILL Omar gaither and starting TE LJ Smith were also demoted their starting spots yesterday.......

post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Lifer

As a fellow Eagles homer, it really looks like the Eagles offense got just what they needed for this game...a fire under their collective asses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement