PacMan reinstated... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Texas Rangers #1

PacMan reinstated...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3713779

Won't play for another 2 weeks though...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 04:21 PM
Lifer

What a waste
post #3 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 04:28 PM
AKA Kimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaber
What a waste
dude are you fucking serious?

post #4 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 04:31 PM
Lifer

Dead serious. Waste of time. What has he done here besides sturring up the media?
post #5 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 04:34 PM
AKA Kimbo

Quote:
Dead serious. Waste of time. What has he done here besides sturring up the media?
try leading the team in pass defenses before he was suspended
post #6 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 05:15 PM
MFFL!

That sucks. He'll probably make it through the rest of the season, but I bet he does something stupid in the off-season with his downtime and gets canned for life.
post #7 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 05:17 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSSlow
When Newman was out. Also he's returned 16 punts for a total of only 80yds, avg 5.0. He sucks and is a cancer for Dallas. The thug had to have hired baby sitters to look after him because he can't stay out of trouble. Jones said he's on his own, so hopefully he'll screw up again soon and be on his way outta here.
post #8 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 05:19 PM
ese mi rey...

^^^^

Couldn't say it better myself...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoMoCoDriver View Post
No chinges con los cowboys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetfast50 View Post
Those who know me on a personal level, know i don't fuck around when it comes to making hp. I can make more horse power with a rock, stick, and a piece of twine then most of you could ever make in a life time.
post #9 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 05:31 PM
dead

unless he practiced chasing a jack rabbit and back peddling from a cougar this entire last month, i dont want him back.
post #10 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 05:46 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Yeah! We don't want him! The Cowboys are LOADED at DB!

post #11 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 06:47 PM
Lifer

I hate to admit that we need him in the secondary. It's just unfortunate because he has been nothing but a distraction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #12 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 06:57 AM
What Can Brown Do For You

Pacman isn't half the player Deion was... Don't know why he wants to compare himself to him? Pacman needs to shut his mouth stay at home and play ball. Guys like him make me sick b/c they have a great opportunity to do something pretty much most guys want to, and that's play a sport for a living.

Pacman = Wasted Talent!
post #13 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 06:59 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regaltip
Pacman isn't half the player Deion was... Don't know why he wants to compare himself to him? Pacman needs to shut his mouth stay at home and play ball. Guys like him make me sick b/c they have a great opportunity to do something pretty much most guys want to, and that's play a sport for a living.

Pacman = Wasted Talent!
That's irrelevant. The Cowboys need DB help in a bad way and Jones will be welcomed back into the lineup with open arms.

post #14 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 07:04 AM
AKA Kimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
That's irrelevant. The Cowboys need DB help in a bad way and Jones will be welcomed back into the lineup with open arms.
x2
post #15 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Oh I know they will... Jerry is done with Pacman. He stated that he would not supply him with bodyguards anymore. What does that tell you. He's free to mess up and mess up he will. So why put him in the line up? When you really don't know if he'll finish out the season? I know they need the help, but that help isn't consistant help.
post #16 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 07:13 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Oh I know they will... Jerry is done with Pacman. He stated that he would not supply him with bodyguards anymore. What does that tell you. He's free to mess up and mess up he will. So why put him in the line up? When you really don't know if he'll finish out the season? I know they need the help, but that help isn't consistant help.
I don't understand the "logic" you're using. Are you saying that even if he is available the Cowboys shouldn't put him in the lineup because he might not be available the next week? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

post #17 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 07:17 AM
LUCIFER

I think he's bad for the team and the NFL Image, he'll get involved in something else just a matter of time. And for the fans of all ages, c'mon...you can't seriously watch someone like this get involved with the law so many times and think he should still get to play in the NFL. Might as well start scouting current inmates at our county prison's for players, some are big, fast, and could play some ball too! Athlete's now days get away with too damn much, you never saw this much crap going on years ago within any sports. As with Michael Vick, I don't believe he should ever be allowed to play in the NFL again...same with Pacman.
It's just pathetic

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #18 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 07:23 AM

Quote:
I don't understand the "logic" you're using. Are you saying that even if he is available the Cowboys shouldn't put him in the lineup because he might not be available the next week? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
If he's not available to play the next week why would you start him the week is his avaliable? That to me makes no sense to why you would take time from the younger DB's and help them grow and develop. You would rather invest your time in someone as stupid as Pacman and not know IF he's going to be there for the future? How does that make sense?
post #19 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 07:24 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Is pacman a wasted talent??? Unbelievably Wasted!!!! Just look at it financially. This guy has the talent on the field to be one of the top 10 paid players in the league (if his off the field record were spotless to maybe one minor problem). But from what I understand, he's broke. The only other comperable wasted talents are the Vick Brothers and Ricky Williams.

I still say, he's one hell of a BARGIN for the Cowboys.

Has he produced his normal "Pacman" numbers this year? No.

Has he produced better than any other SPARE that would otherwise be available if the Cowboys didn't have him? Yes.

The only thing I'm worried about with him is his conditioning while in this "rehab". If this really was "rehab", which I don't think it was, I hope he was chasing a jack rabbit and back peddling from a cougar in the mornings while getting "treatment" in the afternoons.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #20 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 07:31 AM
dead

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
The only thing I'm worried about with him is his conditioning while in this "rehab". If this really was "rehab", which I don't think it was, I hope he was chasing a jack rabbit and back peddling from a cougar in the mornings while getting "treatment" in the afternoons.

nice!
post #21 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 07:35 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
If he's not available to play the next week why would you start him the week is his avaliable? That to me makes no sense to why you would take time from the younger DB's and help them grow and develop. You would rather invest your time in someone as stupid as Pacman and not know IF he's going to be there for the future? How does that make sense?
The Cowboys aren't a team that's rebuilding or playing for the future. The Cowboys are a team that are very much playing for the present. While the younger DBs need to grow and develop, they're not the path for success for this year. Jones can help win this year. The young DBs will have their time, but that time is not when the Cowboys are fighting for their playoff lives.

post #22 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 07:44 AM
Lifer

Don't need him...we lost & won without him.
post #23 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 07:55 AM

Quote:
The Cowboys aren't a team that's rebuilding or playing for the future. The Cowboys are a team that are very much playing for the present. While the younger DBs need to grow and develop, they're not the path for success for this year. Jones can help win this year. The young DBs will have their time, but that time is not when the Cowboys are fighting for their playoff lives.
I have to disagree with you. The Cowboys knew they were taking a chance with Pacman and drafted the DB's they needed b/c they had an idea Pacman wouldn't pull through for them. They have to continue to work with them because they know that Pacman will not make it through a whole season without messing it up for them.

Winning here and now... Yes they want to, but Pacman doesn't give you that edge b/c he hasn't been stellar as they thought he would be. His kick return game hasn't been great and his DB game has been average.
post #24 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 08:12 AM
Lifer

This couldnt come at a better time. Go Cowboys.
post #25 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 08:34 AM
Check out my decor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSSlow
He also makes the team look bad by all the stupid shit he does! He needs to grow up and mature a bit!

http://www.myspace.com/missgirl01

Happiness is not a goal, but a way of life.

post #26 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 08:37 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Plus Jerry has incredibly low morals.

post #27 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 08:40 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor!
Plus Jerry has incredibly low morals.
Thats no shit. That is one of many reasons I quit being a cowboy fan.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
post #28 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 08:44 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
but Pacman doesn't give you that edge b/c he hasn't been stellar as they thought he would be. His kick return game hasn't been great and his DB game has been average.
They didn't know he wouldn't be as stellar as he's been when they signed him. I doubt they would have taken the chance on him if they had a Delorean and could have known that.

And I think his return game hasn't been great because of the terrible special teams blocking that the cowboys have. I don't fault him on that, I fault the other 10 guys who obviously Suck.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #29 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 10:17 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
Thats no shit. That is one of many reasons I quit being a cowboy fan.

On again, off again. On again, off again. I swear, you're comparable to a bloody fucking cunt.
post #30 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 10:17 AM
AKA Kimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
On again, off again. On again, off again. I swear, you're comparable to a bloody fucking cunt.
lol
post #31 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 10:18 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
When Newman was out. Also he's returned 16 punts for a total of only 80yds, avg 5.0. He sucks and is a cancer for Dallas. The thug had to have hired baby sitters to look after him because he can't stay out of trouble. Jones said he's on his own, so hopefully he'll screw up again soon and be on his way outta here.

LMAO! Jerry carries a security staff for the entire team. Not just Pacman. Sure he might have added a body or two to that staff when Pacman got here, but that security staff has been around FOREVER. Don't kid yourself.
post #32 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 10:18 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
I laughed.

post #33 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 10:19 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

Pacman = Wasted Talent!

I'm not saying it's justified. However, Deion has taken him under his wing and practiced with him endlessly, to help him improve. Ever since he got to Dallas, he's been doing this. He's probably comparing himself because they are buddies.
post #34 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 10:25 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtheman1
Athlete's now days get away with too damn much, you never saw this much crap going on years ago within any sports.

Yeah, NFL players have never been known to cause trouble, ever. Pacman's the first one. Ray Lewis never got away with murder. OJ Simpson never killed Nicole. Nate Newton never got popped with a fucking van full of weed. Michael Irvin never had a coke and hooker problem. Javon Walker never robbed anyone. Sean Taylor never had any gang problems. Didn't Darrent Williams die suspiciously?

Yes, I realize most of those are recent events, but that's because that's what pops in to my mind first. If I went back and looked enough, it could be tracked back to the 70s, no doubt. You just hear about it more, because people no longer cover it up. That, and this is the information age. Vince Young can change his tampon in TN, and we know about it within seconds all the way over in Dallas.

I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm just saying it has ALWAYS been there.
post #35 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 10:46 AM
Lifer

The cowboys should welcome him back in ever since Jenkins side stepped a tackle against the Giants.

Look no further than Matt Jones if you're gonna compare him with other players. MJ gets arrested for cocaine and he hasn't missed a game yet. Pacman breaks a mirror and he gets suspended for two games? WTF Commish?

"The problem with doing nothing is you never know when your finished."
post #36 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 11:01 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ-95GT
The cowboys should welcome him back in ever since Jenkins side stepped a tackle against the Giants.

Look no further than Matt Jones if you're gonna compare him with other players. MJ gets arrested for cocaine and he hasn't missed a game yet. Pacman breaks a mirror and he gets suspended for two games? WTF Commish?

It's not the latest incident that has everyone riled up. It's his history of ALWAYS causing problems. This most recent shoving match just added fuel to the fire, that's all.
post #37 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 11:38 AM
LUCIFER

Quote:

I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm just saying it has ALWAYS been there.
I definitely agree with, it's just back then in the 70's & 80's players weren't so out in the public about everything they did as they are now. Image is everything

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #38 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Lifer

Quote:
LMAO! Jerry carries a security staff for the entire team. Not just Pacman. Sure he might have added a body or two to that staff when Pacman got here, but that security staff has been around FOREVER. Don't kid yourself.
Really? I didn't know that. When did Jerry tell you this?
post #39 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 12:03 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Really? I didn't know that. When did Jerry tell you this?

Jerry didn't. I know the head of Dallas Cowboys Security.
post #40 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 12:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Jerry didn't. I know the head of Dallas Cowboys Security.
So do they only look after certain players as instructed or what?
post #41 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 12:54 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
So do they only look after certain players as instructed or what?

They are kept on retainer, for signings and such. If a group of players make an outing to concerts and stuff like that, they all go with them. That's for the rest of the team though. Most of those guys have their own bodyguards anyways. From my understanding, there was someone with Pacman pretty much all the time. Yeah he hired a few extra guys when Pacman got here, but it's not like that's the only reason they have a security detail.
post #42 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 01:31 PM
Lifer

Quote:
What the fuck are you talking about? And did you come up with that all by yourself or did you steal that from somebody that said that to you.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
post #43 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 01:38 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
What the fuck are you talking about? And did you come up with that all by yourself or did you steal that from somebody that said that to you.

You're a fan, you're not a fan. You're a fan, you're not a fan. In this very thread, you said at one point that you were a Cowboys fan. So, you flip flopped and jumped on the Dolts bandwagon when Peyton started to develop. Then earlier this year, you were liking the Cowboys again, until they lost, then you jumped ship again.

Just like a woman. Can't make up your mind. Just like a woman. On the rag, off the rag, on the rag, off the rag. Don't shoot the messenger.
post #44 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 01:44 PM
Lifer

Quote:
You're a fan, you're not a fan. You're a fan, you're not a fan. In this very thread, you said at one point that you were a Cowboys fan. So, you flip flopped and jumped on the Dolts bandwagon when Peyton started to develop. Then earlier this year, you were liking the Cowboys again, until they lost, then you jumped ship again.

Just like a woman. Can't make up your mind. Just like a woman. On the rag, off the rag, on the rag, off the rag. Don't shoot the messenger.
yes at one point like 15 years ago when we had Jimmy Johnson and Jerry fired him cause he's a dumbass cause not all the spotlight was on him. So yes at one point I was but since then I pray for the worst for the cowboys until Jerry Jones dies. Do we need to make this a sticky for you, cause I dont know how many times I have to explain this to you and all the other cowboy fans. So yes at one time I was a cowboy fan. And I have always been a Colt fan this year and when Peyton was struggling at the start of his career. Just because I dont make a thread about the colts every week doesnt mean Im not a fan of theirs.
post #45 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 03:36 PM
Lifer

Quote:
yes at one point like 15 years ago when we had Jimmy Johnson and Jerry fired him cause he's a dumbass cause not all the spotlight was on him. So yes at one point I was but since then I pray for the worst for the cowboys until Jerry Jones dies. Do we need to make this a sticky for you, cause I dont know how many times I have to explain this to you and all the other cowboy fans. So yes at one time I was a cowboy fan. And I have always been a Colt fan this year and when Peyton was struggling at the start of his career. Just because I dont make a thread about the colts every week doesnt mean Im not a fan of theirs.

You have said several times earlier in the season that you were a Cowboys fan and wanted them to do well. That is where he is coming from.
post #46 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 04:53 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE
You have said several times earlier in the season that you were a Cowboys fan and wanted them to do well. That is where he is coming from.
I never once said that I was a cowboy fan. Get the fuck out of here with that shit. I said at the begining of the season I liked some of their drafted picks and some of the trades they made. Just because I said that doesnt make me a fan or like the team. This just shows why I say that most cowboy fans are dumbasses.
post #47 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 05:18 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I never once said that I was a cowboy fan. Get the fuck out of here with that shit. I said at the begining of the season I liked some of their drafted picks and some of the trades they made. Just because I said that doesnt make me a fan or like the team. This just shows why I say that most cowboy fans are dumbasses.

Seeing as how I am not a Cowboys fan, I guess I wouldn't fall in that category. As a matter of a fact there have been a couple times where you said you where "close" to becoming a fan again ect. So get the fuck out of here with that shit.
post #48 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 05:22 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE
Seeing as how I am not a Cowboys fan, I guess I wouldn't fall in that category. As a matter of a fact there have been a couple times where you said you where "close" to becoming a fan again ect. So get the fuck out of here with that shit.
I've might have been joking around or something but Im a long way from being a cowboy fan. The only time I would cheer for the cowboys is when they play the Patriots. So thats not that often. Hear me now.
I AM NOT A COWBOY FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #49 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 05:25 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I've might have been joking around or something but Im a long way from being a cowboy fan. The only time I would cheer for the cowboys is when they play the Patriots. So thats not that often. Hear me now.
I AM NOT A COWBOY FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you hear me now?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	group07.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	88560   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bronco_Wood_Frame_Wagon.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	88561