Mavs = not closers - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Mavs = not closers

They had a double digit lead against the Lakers in the 3rd period and lost.
They started out with a 24-5 to start the game against the Bulls last night and lost.
They had a 15 pt lead against the Magic in the 3rd period tonight...and lost.

They've now lost 5 in a row and haven't won a game at home this season. Sucks to see them have a chance to win every game and not win a single one. It's sure gonna be hard to watch if they keep playing like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 09:25 PM
Lifer

No shit! I come home from a hard days work to watch them fuck up another game they should win. Carlisle needs to light a fire under their asses. This shit is getting old. I'm still pissed that we got rid of devin harris.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 09:42 PM
Lifer

I've been saying it's just the beginning and they only need some time to get things into gear but things aren't looking very good. Adjusting to a new system shouldn't be this much of a problem.

Working on my project Stang

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 09:56 PM
LUCIFER

The mavs have been my team forever now but this past year I don't even want to watch them play. It's just pathetic

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 10:38 PM
Lifer

I don't think I'm to that point , or that I ever could be. They have good players, a good coach, and look good on paper. That being said they just haven't performed to the level they should be. Hopefully they can get the chemistry and the intangibles right with enough time to be contenders at the end of the season.

post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 11:34 PM
Fear the Stashe

Avery Johnson is laughing at Mark Cuban right now..

But yeah.. you dont win games if you play great the First 3qts and decide to tank at the end.

This looks like the Mavericks from the 90's with the way our record is going.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
This looks like the Mavericks from the 90's with the way our record is going.
Thats a bit of a stretch there. Those teams were a total joke. This team still has some players...they are just not closing out games for some reason.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX
Thats a bit of a stretch there. Those teams were a total joke. This team still has some players...they are just not closing out games for some reason.
They're 2-7, that IS a total joke, I don't care who is on the roster. I've never seen a team so insecure in their abilities. They can light up another team, then once the other team goes on a 6pt run, the Mavericks start hanging their heads thinking "oh shit."

This is the most ridiculous start to a season I've ever seen. Actually, I take that back, the Stars are the most ridiculous, the Mavs are a close second though.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 03:41 PM
4 Cams are better than 1

It does suck for the Mavs...they need to get it together
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 06:58 PM
#1 HEAT FAN!!

How great do you guys think the mavs are? I mean their start player is mentally weak, and has never played defense, then whos their next big player? Josh? He hasnt been a star in a long time. JET is too small for a SG and is not a PG, stackhouse and dampier are both old, then you have a bunch of filler. Oh yea dont forget jason kidd who was too old to trade for when we lost nash said Cuban, but all the sudden last year he became a value? Im sorry, but the team is not a playoff team anymore.

BTW anyone watch the New jersey game last night? They have one hell of a PG. Looks like a young Jason Kidd. Hell of a trade
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrayLX
I'm still pissed that we got rid of devin harris.
Yep, I was (and still am) irate they got rid of Dev Harris. He's had 3 straight 30 pt games up in NJ.
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 09:20 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo
How great do you guys think the mavs are? I mean their start player is mentally weak, and has never played defense, then whos their next big player? Josh? He hasnt been a star in a long time. JET is too small for a SG and is not a PG, stackhouse and dampier are both old, then you have a bunch of filler. Oh yea dont forget jason kidd who was too old to trade for when we lost nash said Cuban, but all the sudden last year he became a value? Im sorry, but the team is not a playoff team anymore.

BTW anyone watch the New jersey game last night? They have one hell of a PG. Looks like a young Jason Kidd. Hell of a trade

Harris is looking good with the Nets.

Don made me remove my sig
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 09:28 AM
dead

they will probably miss the playoffs. hopefully they will blow up the team by trading everyone of value and rebuild... but if donnie nelson is still calling any shots, who the fuck cares.
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 09:45 AM
Lifer

Mavs choke, what else is new? What a frustrating team to watch.
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 09:51 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfan
Mavs choke, what else is new? What a frustrating team to watch.
And the Cowboys/Stars/Rangers aren't? Lets face it guys we're cursed. It's been a looong time since a parade.

post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 10:07 AM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
my fault, i didnt mean talent wise.. just talking about our record..

we cant close the deal.
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 08:40 PM
Old School

Thumbs up

Looks like they are starting to figure things out. Nice win in Houston.

Time for all of you "sky is falling" people to jump back on the bandwagon.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 08:43 PM
Time Served

yup this is 3 games in a row where they seem to close much better.
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Texas Rangers #1

Lets see if they can keep it up... mark of a good team is consistency.

post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 07:29 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Time for all of you "sky is falling" people to jump back on the bandwagon.
Did you just move to Dallas???

HAHAHA j/k

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 07:37 AM
Fear the Stashe

nice 3 game streak so far.. looks like we are starting to gel with our new players and Diop is going to get involved.

Damp might have the worst hands in the world.
post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 07:39 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

That Jason Kidd trade still makes me want to kill babies.

post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 07:42 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
That Jason Kidd trade still makes me want to kill babies.
Why..Kidd was brought here so the team could run more. But if Dirk and rest would get off there ass and run they might could win some games.
post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 07:54 AM
LUCIFER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMMY
Why..Kidd was brought here so the team could run more. But if Dirk and rest would get off there ass and run they might could win some games.
Devin Harris did a better job of running the offense than kidd. Devin also had a better jump shot, took the ball to the basket more, and scored more points. The Kidd trade was a bad deal that will affect us for awhile b/c we gave up too much for an old guy that can pass the ball and that's about it.

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 07:55 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
LOL.

post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 08:25 AM
Lifer

mavs suck. They wont make the playoffs.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 08:49 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtheman1
Devin Harris did a better job of running the offense than kidd. Devin also had a better jump shot, took the ball to the basket more, and scored more points. The Kidd trade was a bad deal that will affect us for awhile b/c we gave up too much for an old guy that can pass the ball and that's about it.
Ok...Devin Harris production since has gone up since he has moved on to the Nets. I think he averages 19-6-3 with the Nets. But the East is weak..when he was with the Mavs there was to much pressure on him to lead the team. Kidd on the other hand averages 10-8-7. Yeah he is older than Harris..Yeah Harris has a better jump shot but at the time the Mavs have gotten there asses kicked in the playoffs with Devin here. But point guard play isn't the Mavs problem. The problem is the Mavs don't have a center or just a post player in general. They are a jump shot shooting team. Bottom line the Mavs window has closed..We all know it. Hell Dirk even knows it. He was "Hinting Retirement" at a young age before the season started.
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 08:56 AM
LUCIFER

Quote:
Ok...Devin Harris production since has gone up since he has moved on to the Nets. I think he averages 19-6-3 with the Nets. But the East is weak..when he was with the Mavs there was to much pressure on him to lead the team. Kidd on the other hand averages 10-8-7. Yeah he is older than Harris..Yeah Harris has a better jump shot but at the time the Mavs have gotten there asses kicked in the playoffs with Devin here. But point guard play isn't the Mavs problem. The problem is the Mavs don't have a center or just a post player in general. They are a jump shot shooting team. Bottom line the Mavs window has closed..We all know it. Hell Dirk even knows it. He was "Hinting Retirement" at a young age before the season started.

They've never had a good center, I still cannot fathom why they've never put money down on a solid big guy, that's good! You're definitely right on the jump-shooting team..that's the main reason I liked Harris, he'd take it to the basket without hesitation. Now if only the rest of the team could figure that out they'd be pretty damn good

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:

post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 09:01 AM
Time Served

Quote:
can only pass the ball? Kidd is second in the league in steals and averages about 7 boards a game. I agree we gave up too much for Kidd-the 2 draft picks- but Harris will NEVER run an offense better than Kidd, period.
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 09:18 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Ram 98
can only pass the ball? Kidd is second in the league in steals and averages about 7 boards a game. I agree we gave up too much for Kidd-the 2 draft picks- but Harris will NEVER run an offense better than Kidd, period.
I was trying to say that in a nice way...
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 09:20 AM
#1 HEAT FAN!!

Quote:
They've never had a good center, I still cannot fathom why they've never put money down on a solid big guy, that's good! You're definitely right on the jump-shooting team..that's the main reason I liked Harris, he'd take it to the basket without hesitation. Now if only the rest of the team could figure that out they'd be pretty damn good
in the mavs defense, they havent had the cap room to go after a big man, and no one wants to trade their star big man for a bunch of "filler"
post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 09:21 AM
LUCIFER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo
in the mavs defense, they havent had the cap room to go after a big man, and no one wants to trade their star big man for a bunch of "filler"

B/C they overpay and spend too much on current players that aren't worth it...ie: Dampier, & Kidd

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:

post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krayzie7th
yup this is 3 games in a row where they seem to close much better.
Make it 4. Mavs downed the Grizz tonight to get their 1st home win.
post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 09:38 PM
Lifer

This is how it should be. Whew, I was starting to really worry. Hopefully this isn't just a phase and it is just the new system falling into place.

post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
MFFL!

They still have some pain ahead of them. They haven't beaten anyone worth a damn yet really. Even Houston was w/o Yao.
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_marc
They still have some pain ahead of them. They haven't beaten anyone worth a damn yet really. Even Houston was w/o Yao.
True but sometimes a few wins against easy teams is all the difference because of the confidence booster of a win streak. They are still trying to find out the rotations too. And Stack might be leaving, so it'll be interesting to see how that turns out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement