Vick plans on NFL return - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

Vick plans on NFL return

Quote:
Imprisoned NFL quarterback Michael Vick expects to return to pro football, according to his bankruptcy attorneys who laid out a plan to pay creditors based in part on his anticipated earnings. "The Debtor has every reason to believe that upon his release, he will be reinstated into the NFL, resume his career and be able to earn a substantial living," Vick's attorneys wrote in a disclosure statement filed before a hearing Thursday in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Norfolk. The former Atlanta Falcons star is serving a 23-month sentence in a federal penitentiary for bankrolling a dogfighting ring in rural Virginia and is scheduled to be released on July 20.
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...fl_return.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 12:26 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

LOL. He's gotta get out of the state pen first, as that's the first place he'll be heading once her gets out of federal prison. LOL even more at the fact that he actually thinks he'll be reinstated.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 12:37 PM
Lifer

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he showed up in Dallas...

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 12:38 PM
African Booty Scratcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw33
I wouldn't be surprised at all if he showed up in Dallas...
that jerrys m.o.

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 01:01 PM
What Can Brown Do For You

HUH... Raiders or Cowboys!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Lifer

Maybe if he crops his ears the NFL will sit up and take notice.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 01:04 PM
yes, jluv

Vick is a dumbass. His best chance at stepping on the field again will be in arena ball. I'm sure he's really keeping his skills up in prison.

If Jerry brings him to Dallas I won't be able to follow the team again until both of them are gone. No way in hell he would do that, though. Not for a washed up QB. Romo would outlast Vick and Jerry should be after young talent at the QB position anyway.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 01:23 PM
2-7 and still a fan!

I doubt that Vick ever returns to the NFL, the commish will not reinstate him, he lied to the owner and coach of Atlanta and to Roger Goodell, it wasn't until the head of NFL security got the inside details that Vick came clean.
His attorneys are just making a move since he is about to file chapter eleven and they are trying to get him to repay his debtors and they are telling the judge that he will be reinstated back into the NFL and will be making money again, but I doubt that will work, thats like saying that when you get out of prison, your employer will have you job waiting for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexchick View Post
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 01:27 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V
thats like saying that when you get out of prison, your employer will have you job waiting for you.

Yep, and even worse. A couple of years off wouldn't kill our job skills nearly as bad as they will an NFL quarterback. It's not like he was super hot shit anyway.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Lifer

I could see some bad teams taking a chance on him maybe more as RB then a second option QB. But he is under contract by Atlanta, I mean when he gets out and if he gets reinstated they will have to pay him or cut/trade him right?

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 01:41 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSS
I could see some bad teams taking a chance on him maybe more as RB then a second option QB. But he is under contract by Atlanta, I mean when he gets out and if he gets reinstated they will have to pay him or cut/trade him right?

I thought his contract was null and void. Didn't he actually have to pay back the Falcons organization?

This makes me think he will be free and clear when/if he even attempts to make a comeback. And even still, you have to have been something at one time, to make a comeback. He's a never was.....
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 01:44 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
I thought his contract was null and void. Didn't he actually have to pay back the Falcons organization?

This makes me think he will be free and clear when/if he even attempts to make a comeback. And even still, you have to have been something at one time, to make a comeback. He's a never was.....
I thought I read that he owes them a big chunk for his signing bonus. I definitely don't think the Falcons (or anyone in the NFL) owes him a red cent.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 01:50 PM
What Can Brown Do For You

I thought he did owe the Falcons, but b/c of his imprisionment his contract was voided out by the NFL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement